New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Eragon, Where Dragons dare

Lord Soth
    Soth stares at the woman who would hold a knife to Raistlin's back, who would order this swordsman around and hiss at him, and sees something almost familiar in her, "Kit?" The word escapes Soth's mouth, memories of Kitiara flowing into his mind once more. Barely forcing them aside, Soth looks at the woman again, "I came here because I felt his-" He gestures at Raistlin, "magic; it's of my world and so I sought it out; hoping for a way home. I attempted to use the mages I found in the King's fort, but they were too weak, and so I killed the lot and burned down the fort. I thought all was lost until I felt his magic, and so I came here with the single goal of finding him. It was unfortunate that your swordsman attacked me like a mad dog."
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Artemis

Artemis shakes his head as be begins to bandage his wound. "I have never heard of such things."

Leonidas

Unable to reach the forest tonight. Leonidas has his Spartans set up camp where they are. Rest for the rest of the night and move on to the forest tomorrow morning.

Black Knight

Now on the Battlements Percy seeks to get a feel for the fortress. It's construction and defenses. As well as the terrain around it. Anything that might lend him an edge should he have to return here and do battle again.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Percy
    The Varden are doing their best to repair the fortifications of the city, and seem to have all choke spots well guarded. To the left of the City is a neat, well ordered camp in precise rows, in front of the main gate is a sprawling mass of tents.

Lord Soth
    Eragon looks ready to attack you again, but Nuasda glares at him, and he steps back.

Raistlin
    Nuasda listens to his words, then turns her eyes on Raistlin, burning with bitter fury. "You're slick as an eel, aren't you?" she said. "You've poured your poison into all of our ears, twisting our minds with your lies. But it seems you've entangled yourself too deeply in your own web."
    Eragon is staring at you now, naked steel still clenched in his hand.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-22 at 12:15 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #154

Lord Soth
    With the fight temporarily over, Soth takes time to survey the scene; the knight had fled; a smart move, if dishonorable. The boy, 'Eragon' was here. He was no doubt talented, had some training, unnatural strength, and a magical sword. The master of past and present was standing before him, and Soth held respect for the man's power. Finally, her, the woman that reminded her so much of Kit, so very much. Right down to her ability to scream and berate the man who would fight the Dragon Queen. He decides to let her chew out the mage for now and focuses on Eragon, "You've got more than a bit of skill boy, who trained you? They did a good, if unfinished, job."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Raistlin

The archmage smiles, though inwardly Raistlin is seething. Damn you, Soth. Everything was going to plan until you showed up. "Perhaps. Though you did fall for it quite easily. Truth be told, I hadn't expected you to believe me quite so readily."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Lord Soth
    Eragon stared at Soth, clearly still not at terms with the fact he was apparently no longer an enemy. "Lots of different people." He said. "All master swordsmen. All dead."

Raistlin
    "Trusting does not mean stupid." She replied. "Would that you died at birth as the gods intended. Way to defeat Galbatorix be damned, I'll see you dead." She swears, and you can tell she means it.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Raistlin

"Oh, I wasn't lying about the device; I was merely hoping to use your little rebellion to disarm the traps around it before taking it for myself. A dragon is always a powerful weapon. Galbatorix's especially. I would have done as I had implied, and then..." The archmage stretches; while physically frail and weak, in reality, he is nowhere near as crippled as he had first appeared. No longer does he lean heavily on his staff, but instead stands tall, hand grasping the Staff of Magus proudly. "As for dead...do you know what I see, every time I look upon your face? My eyes see time passing; I see you as a withered old woman, I see you as a skeleton, I see you in your grave already. But I promise you this, my dear. I will not kill you. I will make you wish I had."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-22 at 12:29 AM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

8. - Top - End - #158

Lord Soth
    "Which god did you offend?" Soth said, wondering what you had to do to get that kind of bad luck streak. The fire in the woman's words continue to remind Soth of Kit. Upon hearing Raistlin's words he turns to him, fire in his own eyes now, "You will stay away from her, Wizard, or you'll be seeing my magic up close, alongside my blade."
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-22 at 12:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Raistlin
    Eragon points his sword at you. "You are alone in this building. There are twenty thousand troops outside, many of whom would die for her. And your a wasted wreck of a man." He blustered.
    Nuasda turned to look at Soth, giving him a glare that suggested she'd be yelling at him when she was done with the mage. Then she turned to Raistlin. "You'd best go, before I lose what shreds of pity I have in my heart for you."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-22 at 12:34 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elric
    "This matter cannot be truly hopeless. You obviously have some plan or stratagem in mind. I would hear it. Speak quickly now."

Dilvish
    Nervously, Dilvish manages to stutter, "Half-elf! I come from the frosts behind these mountains! I merely seek passage through these treacherous passes!" Black stays silent and neighs, acting the part of a simple ebony-colored horse. He tries not to move too much lest he be revealed as an iron demon.

((Arioch's blood! I leave for a few hours and two pages pass by! Oy, dios mia..)
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Raistlin

"Save your pity for your trained dog." Raistlin smiles. "He'll be needing it in the future." And with those words, the Master of Past and Present vanishes, teleporting away, breaking through the barriers that guard Ellesméra from such means of magic, arriving in the room of one Arya Dröttningu. The wizard has such plans within plans, contingencies within contingencies.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

12. - Top - End - #162

Lord Soth
    Soth looks up at the woman before him,"You've made a powerful enemy in that man; I'm not sure anything in this land could overpower him; or why he is here. The man could overpower even me, under the right circumstances."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Elric
    Marcos nods. "Of course." He says, once more walking. "But I do not know what he is planning. All I know, is if he isn't stopped, the Valehru will ride again, a calamity that would make the coming of the Lords of Chaos seem mild in comparison." He sighs, and sits down on a fallen tree.
    "I can tell you only three things. One, I think you will find the Lords of Chaos will forgive you for your actions, as it is in their own interest to keep him from victory." Marcos began. "Why, Xiombarg himself suggested you. Two, this war is somehow in your enemies interest. I believe he keeps it going precisely because he benefits from it. Some necromancers have been known to summon demonlords on the winds of death, and while the Valehru seldom bothered with magic it would be well within his capabilities to do something of that nature. And these... mortal dragon riders unsettle me. Finally, I have called or found others who may help you, for what it's worth. I suggest you move quickly."
    Then he sighs. "It is the nature of a wizard to use people, and so i must here. However, I am not the sort to make you suffer for no reason." Reaching into his robes, he withdrew a book. "There are only seven copies, and this is the last. 'The dead Gods' book.' Perhaps it can give you the peace you seek.

Lord Soth
    "Spare me." She says, returning to her seat in the room. "I'm at war with a man who wiped out the Dragon riders single handedly, another powerful enemy is beneath my notice."

Dilvish
    "No quarrel? I can fix that!" The dwarf calls down, but his companions shush him.
    A man steps down until he is standing on the trail you have been following. "Your pardon, mister half-elf, but it's the paranoid who survive these times, not the trusting. We have your name, we have your destination, now we ask your purpose."

Raistlin
    The women is beautiful, even to your warped vision, though the spell brought you to another room in the palace, rather then across the country. It seems she has moved since you last observed her.
    Moving in a single, smooth action, she draws her curved, single edged blade and points it at you, heedless of the fact she is totally nude.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-22 at 12:59 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #164

Lord Soth
    "The King? Nothing in comparison. That man has the power to slay a god; and he didn't tell you the whole truth, obviously. We don't come from another land, but another world. My powers come from a broken deal with the Goddess Miskashal, and other such minor details. Regardless, I'm willing to help you with your 'King' problem. His men have seen fit to anger me sufficiently to warrant his kingdom burning." Soth says, staring at the woman once more; she really was Kit reborn into this world.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

15. - Top - End - #165

Black Knight

Percy tries to find his way along the battlements to come closer to where he was talking to Eragon and that woman before. To see if he can eavesdrop on their conversation with that Wizard and Undead warrior.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Lord Soth
    Nuasda turns to stare at him. "Very well. Give me your oath of service." She demands.
    "Ah, my lady..." Eragon starts, but Nuasda cuts him off.
    "We've already made an alliance with the Urgals. If he will serve, then he is welcome to."

Percy
    You get to where you think the room was. Unfortunately, you are four floor above it. About all you can sense from bellow is the unholy chill of the death knight.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-22 at 01:16 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #167

Lord Soth
    "M'Lady I will serve you as long as my curse sustains my unlife; and beyond that." He kneels down to the woman, so similar to his Kit, and all he can think for a moment is that she and Kit were the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen." He stands once more, "My keep is located not to far from here, near the remains of the imperial fort I've already mentioned. I'd assume the King will be sending his men to conquer it. If you wish, we can get ready to fight him there. I, the thirteen knights bound to my unlife, the souls of the elf maidens who led me to death bound as Banshees, and any soldiers you can spare will slay the King at Dargaard Keep, M'Lady."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Lord Soth
    Nuasda accepts. "I will send the greatest of my warriors to join you. We will be ready come morning." She replies. "Eragon, see to it."
    The young Rider seems furious at being dismissed, but manages to reply "Yes, milady." and go begin organizing it.

Black Knight
    You see Eragon leaving the room, and conclude some sort of agreement has been reached.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #169

Lord Soth
    As Eragon leaves, "He's good; very good, but he lacks discipline. He's not a knight by any measure, but he's a fine warrior. Tell me, what is the military situation as of now? It's best if I know so we can win this petty war."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

20. - Top - End - #170

Black Knight

"This is worse than I thought." Careful to avoid Eragon Percy tries to make it back to his horse.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Percy
    Once more, he manages to get through the palace unchallenged. Is horse has had its bridle and saddle removed, both of which have vanished along with your supplies. Thunder is pawing the ground friskily, wanting to move on.
    A stableboy to the right looks up at you, then turns away, seemingly disinterested.

Lord Soth
    Nuasda sighs. "It goes well. In truth, that's what worries me. We shouldn't be doing as well as we are. Something isn't right." The she stares at him. "You say you are powerful. Perhaps you are. But what is in it for you? Somehow I suspect it's not just my appeal. What do you want from this?"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-22 at 01:54 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elric
    Elric lets out a sigh; "I could care less whether the Chaos Lords, or any gods forgive me. I have seen them for what they are. As for my enemy," He grips Stormbringer, "He sits here in my sheath. But the undoing of worlds is certainly a concern of mine. I have lost my own, numerous times. I would not wish the same on any other. It is a pain, a tragedy. And I will not allow it to spread like a plague." Elric tenderly takes the book from the mage's hands. "I do not know if this will help me in any way. But your aid is no small feat. So I ask your council, wise sage. What do you advise?"

Dilvish
    "I seek the wizard Jelarak for a crime he has committed against me. I have crossed many strange lands and met as many strange folk, and now my quest has led me here. Or... somewhere in this general dimension."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

23. - Top - End - #173

Black Knight

Eragon's planning or an unrelated act of theft. One way to find out. "You there. Boy. What happened to my supplies?"

24. - Top - End - #174

Lord Soth
    She didn't know how right she was, "Raistlin mentioned his sister to you? I was her protector; prepared to protect her, because she impressed me and raised me out of my apathy. I'm stranded in this world with nothing left, but my honor and my curse. You remind me of her; and so I will protect you. Forever."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Elric
    The mage sighs. "I don't have all the answers, Elric. I have lived longer then history records, I have untold time to learn, and have more power then almost any other mortal, but I do not know everything. There are still things beyond me.
    I do not think you can overcome the last of the Valehru in direct confrontation. So do not try. Better to find out what he seeks, and see to it he does not get it." With that, Marcos gets to his feet. "I will send you to Uru'baen on the wings of my magic. I only regret the only help I can offer you is so meager. My prayers go with you."

Black Knight
    The boy trembles. "Ah... Sir, they were taken to the armory... For safe-keeping!" He says, terrified. He is clearly afraid of anyone who so much as looks like a noble.

Dilvish
    The man sighs. "No wizard here. Well, you don't look like a rebel, and a storms coming. Come with us." With that he turns, ignoring the protestations of the dwarf, and begins leading you, at length to a great wooden hall, carved to be sheltered by the mountain.
    A series of men in mismatched armor are patrolling around, and their are no banners or pennants to announce the occupiers.

Lord Soth
    Her expression is... difficult to read.She is more then conflicted, coming to terms with what you just said. At last she nods, uncertainly. "Thank you, I think."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-22 at 07:30 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Lina Inverse
    As you make your way towards the tavern, you catch a glimpse of something out of the corner of your eye. A shadow in the shadows, sliding along, a man’s shape in mottled grays and a shapeless cloak, barely more than a vague hint of texture in the murk…
    The figure of a tall, lean man peeled back the hood of his cloak and stopped midstep. He turned and stared directly at the young sorceress, his maroon hair in thick braids, his mouth open to reveal serrated, triangular teeth. The look the stranger gave sent a shiver soul deep. It was it’s eyes, they were ancient, knowing and so, so cold. They stripped away the layers of lies and identity and delved deep into the core of who she was. They knew her.
    "Well, aren't you a suspicious character. I've only just got here and I've already got weirdos on my tail." She tosses back her hair and reaches for her sword.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Lina Inverse
    The Shade's mail clinks like blood money changing hands as it advances towards you, tossing the cloak over his shoulder. The figure drew his sword, a blade of bone with a skeletal dragon carved into the hilt. It does not flourish it. It knows what a sword is for, killing, or failing that, crippling, maiming and causing as much damage as possible.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-22 at 07:30 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Lina Inverse
    Lina slowly starts to draw her sword and-

"LIGHTING!"
    A small point of light appears in her hand for a moment, before flaring into a blinding flash. She then sheathes her weapon and runs, twisting and turning through the streets, trying to get as far away from the creepy-guy-who-is-possibly-a-Mazoku as possible.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Raistlin

Ignoring her current attire(or lack thereof), the archmage repeats his invocation, and transports the two to the exact center of the Hadrac. In their wake lies a single piece of parchment, a map of Alagaesia, with their exact location marked on it with the symbol of an hourglass.

"Don't bother doing anything foolish; you are too far from any source of food or water to escape without dying. I give you my word that you will not be harmed unless you attempt harm first; my main interest is not you."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-22 at 01:48 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #180

Lord Soth
    "Excellent, M'lady. If the King is your current problem, than he will be slain at Dargaard Keep; I assume that the boy was your best?" Soth says, nodding at the woman he'd sworn his life to, Kit reborn. He notes the tone and confliction in her face, something Kit had never shown him, but she would grow used to the idea that he would be with her, long after her death.
    Bilbo
    As the party rages on, Bilbo looks up at the man in charge once more, "How should I first aid our cause? You've seen what I can do, and it has been a long time since I've walked the lands as I once did."
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-22 at 01:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar