New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Twilight the Reckoning III: The Revenge OOC

Welcome to this game's third incarnation. I hope to match the first two games, and hope this one will be just as enjoyable for everybody.

The Rules(from the first incarnation of the game):
    Basically, this will be a diplomacy-esque game of wits where you play one of the most awesome vampire hunters in fiction, and try to score the most kills, while ensuring your opponents don't get as many. Make and break alliances, manipulate and perpetrate gory violence, all to kill as many canon Mary Sue's as possible. Each kill will be a test of wits, daring, initiative and sheer dumb luck, and you will be able to do feats that even game systems like Exalted struggle to emulate, of acrobatics, will, and high-octane nightmare fuel in a few cases.

Whoever has the most points at the end, wins. Points are scored by killing vampires, with different points for different vampires. This is not based on challenge (except in a few cases), but for how satisfying it will be to stomp their faces into the ground. Extra points awarded by the DM for good roleplaying or rampart sadism. And for gods sake be descriptive.
    Acting out of character loses points.

There are two major zones (Fawkes and Volettra), each with about twelve districts. Players will start in a random zone and district, and have to search for vampires (Who will be semi-randomly distributed). Some districts will have to be discovered, through investigation or interrogation. When they find a district occupied by a vampire victim, they will describe a strategy to the DM, roleplay it, and he will decide if it works or not. If not, the Twilight vamp will either flee or attack. Twi-vamps will hypotheticly be able to kill the heroes, but only if you do something mind-numbingly stupid. Like attack massive numbers of them at once.

Each turn, the Twi-vamps will be randomly redistributed, so if you fail to kill it, it will get away. They will be randomly selected, there will never be more then ten in the game at once. Other things, such as capture, are possible, and a player is not docked points for doing so, but gets the total award.
    If two players unite to overcome a challenge, the points are not divided, but rather, both get all the points. But, remember:

There can only be one!

Each day there will be a turn. The first turn is spent introducing your character, and no actions may be taken. If a player does not post, the game does not wait for them, and they simply spend that turn doing nothing.
    In a turn, there is several phases. First is movement, in which they can travel to another district. They may not cross zones unless all vampires in zone are dead.

If they do not have some means of transportation (i.e car), they may only travel to adjacent districts, or get some means of transportation (vampires won't be using them anymore). Otherwise, they may move to any district they wish.

There is combat, which occurs when a player decides to engage. this must be declared before other actions, otherwise the character is assumed to be silently observing. If, after moving, they meet a vampire, they must decide whether to engage or simply observe, and may not take other actions in between.

In an engagement, your character must free form dictate the actions taken. The more complex and detailed, the more likely it is to succeed. Actions considered to be out of character will be ignored.

Special actions are actions using you characters abilities. Naturally, they are subjective, and the ruling of their effects is decided by the DM. They are not useable in certain conditions. For instance, a scientist may not attempt to use his abilities in the middle of a forest far from any equipment he needs.

Instead of engaging, if you encounter a group that is too much for you to handle, you may simply keep your eye on one, and will follow them to whatever new district they go to when they move for the next turn.

Characters backed by considerable organizations may at any point requisition things that would be well within the ability of the organization to provide, weapons, vehicles, whatever. Assistance, no matter how elite the organization is provided in the form of redshirts unable to do anything but soak up damage and get killed. No other named characters will be available, for obvious reasons, unless said characters are being played by another player, in which case alliance is always possible. All aid arrives the turn after it was requested.

All alliances are informal, and can be ended at any time.

No killing other members, except in certain conditions, ruled by DM.
    If you have any questions, advice or proposals, post them and I'll thrash it out with you.

The targets
    Spoiler
    Show

Bella Swan.
    Can protect her mind and is immune to hypnotism and mind reading. Doesn't want to drink blood for some reason. Pure vanilla women, who desperately needs some self-respect. Beautiful as only an unashamed Mary Sue can be.
    Worth: 50 points
    Found in: Fawkes

Edward Cullen
    Creepy stalker guy who watches little girls sleep. Can read minds, except Bella's (he says). Sparkles in the sunlight and plays the piano.
    He's not gay or anything.
    Worth: 150 points.

Jacob Black
    Pedophile werewolf Native American who has betrayed his people's lifestyle to mess around with crappy cars. Can turn into a wolf, but not a wolf man, and heals fast. Like to wrestle other shirtless guys in a non-gay way, and you could cut the sexual tension between him and Edward with a spoon.

Alice Cullen
    Can see the future, although if she was any good at it she'd have jumped in the ocean and would be hoping the sharks get her before the hunters.
    Worth: 20 points

Carlisle Cullen
    Single-handedly responsible for the aberration that is this story. Is a doctor. Gives information of questionable scientific merit. There is nothing odd about him choosing his eternal companion to be a seventeen year old boy. Nothing at all.
    Worth: 20 points

Esme Cullen
    Carlisle's bait and switch to prove he's not gay. That's about it.
    Worth: 5 points

Rosalie Hale
    Doesn't like Bella, making her the most believable character in the series. The fact we're not meant to like her only adds to her appeal.
    Made it through the Great Depression thanks to a job in a bank?

Emmett Cullen
    Basically a strong vampire frat boy.

Jasper Hale
    He can control emotions, and based on his backstory may be actually competent. Long live our glorious confederacy.
    Worth: 10 points

Renesmee Cullen
    The abomination. Kill it dead, Kill it with Fire!
    Worth: 200 points

Police Chief Charlie Swan.
    Bella's dad. Has a gun he's never used, making him arguably the most dangerous opponent your likely to face.
    Certain reliable evidence suggests he is in fact a one armed cyborg half bear ninja police chief who is powered on bacon with a massive network of intelligence gathering army robots and contacts, but we are choosing to ignore this, as someone so awesome could never have given birth to Bella.
    Worth: 1 point

Werewolves:
    Sam Uley - 10 points
    Quil Ateara - 10 points
    Embry Call - 10 points
    Paul - 10 points
    Jared - 5 points
    Leah Clearwater - 15 points (I hate angst, sorry, wangst, and she has it in spades.)
    Seth Clearwater - 10 points
    Collin and Brady - 5 points

Aro
    If he's what passes for a bad guy, no wonder they evolved so poorly. Can read minds by touching. It's truly a tragedy. Still, his existence is an abomination against god.
    Worth: 100 points
    Found in: Volettra

Marcus
    He's Aro's echo. Ignore it, and it will go away. He can sense relationships. Why that could conceivably be useful to a man who rules part of the world with an iron fist, when he could, alternately, kill with a thought if god had been a bit kinder, nobody knows. Maybe if he was subtle and manipulative he could do something with it. If.

Caius
    He doesn't seem to do anything. We suspect he's retared, senile, or both. Doesn't have any powers either.

Volturi goons.
    There are quite a few of these. Most are competent, and have offensive powers. Each are worth five points, and a few named ones will be worth an additional five points.
    32 of them, APPARENTLY. Randomly spread around.
    * Afton - unknown talent
    * Alec - sensory paralysis
    * Chelsea- relationship manipulation
    * Demetri - tracking sense (known as the greatest tracker in the world)
    * Felix - N/A
    * Heidi - illusion of desires
    * Jane - illusion of pain
    * Renata - protective shield (can form a mental force field to avoid physical attacks, her power is quite similar to Bella's ability to create mental shields to avoid mental attacks.)
    * Santiago - N/A

Two Volturri wives. Always with their partners. Always.
    # Athenodora (Caius' mate)
    # Sulpicia (Aro's mate)

Locations
    Allowed starting locations:
    Spoiler
    Show

Falks
    Spoiler
    Show
    School
    Indian Reservation
    Beach
    National park
    main road
    local club
    shops

Volettra
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta
    Central square
    Backstreets (with plenty of alcoves (inside joke))
    The Etruscan walls
    Medicean Fortress
    Night clubs
    sewers

Other Locations, of possibile interest/note:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Nightside
    Spoiler
    Show

Street of Gods
    Strangefellows
    Clubland
    Uptown
    The Streets

London
    Spoiler
    Show

The Bridge
    Millenium Dome
    London Eye
    Parliament
    Baker Street
    Drood Complex
    An Old Estate

Please post your approved characters, with listed abilities/powers.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-23 at 11:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Reckoning III: The Revenge OOC

Reviving the point system? Weird; I thought we dropped it after I 'won' the first game despite the fact that Ash skipped out on the final battle to wrestle shirtless with a werewolf. Nothing gay in that sentence. At all.

Also Walker starts at the Church in Italy, since he's after the Volaturi.
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-18 at 11:30 PM.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I wrote down a character proposal in the second game's OOC thread. Should I paste it here, too?

I'd also like to start in Italy. My characters are both likely to have a problem with killing. what look like a group of kids.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2010-01-19 at 12:03 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I'm putting the point system back in because it gives you a sense of accomplishment, as well as a way for me to write battles as "easy" or "hard" (just in general).

And of course Walker starts in Italy. He'd get ripped apart in America. There's a few scenes in the book The Spy that Haunted Me where he's in the US; Hilarity Ensues. Imagine Walker. In a hole in the wall diner in Philadelphia. Trying to drink coffee.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-19 at 12:38 AM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The character I'm using is Broken Sword from Hero, a swordsman from China's warring states era who has been given a second chance at life with his lover if he helps kill off the Twipires. Is the language barrier going to be a problem, or should I just say he's been brought back to life with English/Italian speaking skills?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

He gets brought back with English/Italian speech.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

So when does this game start?
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Do you want to Beta? That would be great. Start on the sampler, and I'll see if you are what I'm looking for.

Here are my characters. Eragon game shall be up in about half an hour.

I am so tempted to play someone from 40K. It would be easy, too. But I won't. I'm better then that.
    Remember, Broken Sword doesn't know what cars are, he doesn't know what a light switch is, he has no comprehension of running water, how to use a towel, what democracy is, what a gun is, what a telephone is, how to read a map, ect.
    Spoiler
    Show

Egg Shen

1. Incomprehensible knowledge, of everything, from legends, to history to the finer points of science and applications of the law. Something of a philosopher. Why this is the case is anyone's guess, he speaks about many events as though he is there (he is an incomparable tour guide), and is recognized by many ancient beings. Whatever the truth, he is clearly far more then he seems.
    2. Magic. Egg Shen is able to match (but not overcome) Lo-Pan, an immortal sorcerer and honest to god threat to the entire universe. However, his magic is mostly in the form of imbued items, years of preparation and items he's spent a fortune in time and money obtaining, such as his six-demon-bag.
    3. A truly amazing squint. One look at his squint would make any hardened criminal turn himself in. As well as unshakable confidence and awesome.
    4. The biggest magnum ever, and a few useful gadgets, ranging from the mundane to to the supernatural.
    5. Where ever street fighting men are present, he is known and feared. Even Shaolin monks avoid picking a fight with this peasant sorcerer.
    Companion: Wang and his new bride.

T-800

1. "Cybernetic organism", robotic assassin and soldier, designed by Skynet for infiltration and combat duty, built for no purpose but to kill. It can speak naturally, copy the voices of others, read human handwriting, and even genuinely sweat, smell, and bleed.
    2. The Terminator CPU is a room-temperature superconducting artificial neural network with the ability to learn. Has an incredible knowledge of weapons, biology and anatomy, combat and operating machines. It is able to make logical deductions, and learn from it's errors.
    3. The Terminator's mindset and programing means it will never stop coming, brushing aside anything that gets in it's way. Calm, patient, uncompromising, methodical. It feels no pain. It needs no rest, or sustenance. It can punch through a reinforced concrete wall, move faster then any human, it doesn't feel pain or fear. And it never gives up.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-19 at 01:38 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #10

Remember, Broken Sword doesn't know what cars are, he doesn't know what a light switch is, he has no comprehension of running water, how to use a towel, what democracy is, what a gun is, what a telephone is, how to read a map, ect.
    [
    They would have had maps and basic cloths for drying things back in his time.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, they did. Take a look at them. Do they look anything like modern maps? Different measurements, amongst other things.

And he was alive during the first unification of China. No running water at all.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-19 at 02:32 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #12

No running water but you'd still take water in buckets to wash things and dry them with cloth.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

And he was alive during the first unification of China. No running water at all.
    Actually he was alive before then, which is the whole reason he became an assassin: to kill the man who would become Qin Shi Huangdi.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

My mistake.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Whenever the game starts, I thought I'd give you all a heads up. I won't have time to make any posts until around 4:30 pm tommorow. I have class all day. I will try to check the thread during my lunch break, though.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Found the greatest summary of Twilight ever- in the form of Tweets. Also has a few other novels, but Twilight is the funniest by far.

http://twitter.com/AcimanandRensin
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-19 at 02:34 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

So when are we starting this game?
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

It has begun.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7725922

EDIT: Wow. Nobody is posting. Weird.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-19 at 07:41 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Allow me to rectify that.

Harry Clearwater
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry, I just woke up. Somehow fell asleep.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I just got home. I'll make my first post now. It's okay if my character's revival is still Disgaea based, right? If not, I'll write another one.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2010-01-19 at 08:47 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg Shen, like Abraham van Helsing, is at his most powerful when he takes a team of average Joes and transforms them into an unstoppable killing machine. So, Charlie may get his revenge...
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Ladies and gentlemen, the first kill of the game. Walker and Broken Sword have officially ended their first turn.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #24

Okay the Bea Arthur mask is pure hilarious genius.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Would it be funny if Egg went after them for killing Harry when they didn't? Yes. Yes it would. Egg Shen just got himself a motivation.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade View Post
    Okay the Bea Arthur mask is pure hilarious genius.
    Thank you. When facing a madman, use his logic. Especially when your daughter tells you that he's going to try to kill you.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg Shen is turning into an endless supply of slapstick. He is also a walking fortune cookie.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-23 at 06:57 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

I won't be joining this one.

I just popped by to apologise to you guys for being inactive towards the end of the last game. Life's been incredibly hectic over the last few weeks, and on top of that, my interwebs chose last week to die.

Just wanted to extend my apologies to you all.
    Avatar by Ninja Chocobo. He's made of awesome.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Anybody want to guess what those little scraps are?
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-22 at 11:55 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eddums View Post
    I won't be joining this one.

I just popped by to apologise to you guys for being inactive towards the end of the last game. Life's been incredibly hectic over the last few weeks, and on top of that, my interwebs chose last week to die.

Just wanted to extend my apologies to you all.
    I forgive you.

Winston Churchill is going to be in the new Dr Who series!
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-23 at 11:14 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.