New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Twilight the Reckoning III: The Revenge

The girl shuddered. Her power of premonition had increased of late; she knew something was coming. Twice before, she had felt death, death for her kind; twice had the purges come. And now, it was coming, coming for them.

So it begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Reckoning III: The Revenge

T-800
    There was a crackle, a violent discharge of energy that for a brief moment lit the sky on fire. Then, it dissipated, gone as though it had never been. Kneeling in a perfect circle, as though a wrecking ball had been dropped on the concrete, was an enormous figure, well built, no, expertly built, with great slabs of muscle, and a totally impassive expression.
    Standing up purposefully, he began walking forward, no self-consciousness about the fact he was undressed. To the first people he encounters, he demands, in a heavily accented, deep voice, oddly flat and emotionless "Give me your clothes."

Egg Shen
    A black Cadillac stops at the carpark near the police station. The driver is a short, slightly squat Asian man, with a squint, wispy hair that is balding, and quick, clever eyes, with a well-meaning expression and scraggly beard. He is dressed carelessly in a somewhat shabby suit.
    "We're here!" He announces cheerfully, the last remnants of a heavy accent tenaciously clinging to his voice. He seemed larger then life, his every action unrestrained and demanding attention.
    With that he gets out of the car, not bothering to lock it. If anyone stole this car, they needed it more then him, and anyway would probably find it too much to deal with and return it.
    Wang and his new bride got out of the back seat. Wang was boyishly handsome, in a not particularly interesting sort of way, and his wife was built like a supermodel, with green eyes like creamy jade. It was clear at a glance the two adored each other.
    "I am going to see my friend. You two behave yourselves." He said with a knowing expression and a halting voice, carefully pronouncing each syllable, in the way of one who speaks English very well, but rather uncertainly.
    "I meet you at hotel. Two hours." He adds, holding up two fingers for emphasis.
    With that, he makes his way into the police station. bowing his head slightly as he pushes open the door, he marches up to the first person who looks local he can find. "I am looking for good friend of mine. Harry Clearwater. Do you know where he is?"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-19 at 08:50 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Walker
    A man in a tightly pressed business suit walked down the streets of an Italian city towards a massive church his contacts had told him contained the leaders of the Volituri. Some of these new sub-species of vampires had appeared in the Nightside ever since the rebuilding started; causing trouble everywhere. He discovered that the majority listened to a group of old vampires calling themselves 'Volituri.' He had decided to handle this issue himself; not that he had many to call upon with the Authorities dead. He silently moved forward towards the church, his umbrella cane in hand, just in case.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

T-800

The man is wearing a hideous-looking Hawaiian shirt and sweatpants. Tall and blond, the man simply stares at the naked cyborg. "Umm...you're naked."

Egg Shen

The police station is virtually deserted; the few on duty cops aren't really doing anything. A light is on in the back of the station, where tinted glass prevents anybody from seeing the Chief's office. One of them deigns to notice you, pulling out headphones that are blaring music you can still hear ten feet away.

"Sorry pal," the young man says. "He died a few years back."

Then, Egg Shen hears the crash of broken glass, exactly like an empty bottle of hard liquor being thrown against a wall. Which would make sense, since that's exactly what it was. "DAMN IT!"

Walker

The Voice of the Authorities(former Voice, former Authorities) notices a man dressed in priestly robes in the corner of the Church. Tall and dark-haired, the man seems to be harmless--at first glance. Years of experience tell Walker that this creature is one of the vampires he is seeking. The vampire tilts his head in greeting. "Can I help you, my son?"
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #5

Walker
    "The Volituri. I have come to speak with their leadership." He kept his eye on the vampire before him, his hand smoothly gripped on the umbrella crane he had long trusted to be his weapon should The Voice ever give out. His eyes move slowly around the room, keeping his eyes checking any reflective surface to ensure nothing sneaks up on him from behind.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg Shen
    Egg looks shocked. "Harry? Dead?" He blinks, as though he doesn't understand. "Oh. How did it happen?" He said, remorse heavy in his voice.
    Egg is very sorry to hear that. The two of them met when Harry was a bit younger and Billy could still walk in San Fransico, when he helped him deal with a gang of Wing Kong. He had taught the two of them how to fight, and they'd parted on good terms. He'd been looking forward to catching up with them.
    Then he blinks "Is there anyone who knew him I can talk to?"

Wang
    The couple walk around looking for a likely restaurant. Wang isn't looking very hard, however, as he can't take his eyes off Mio Yin. He loved her, in a way he found difficult to articulate. She was smart, being around her brightened up the orld, she always cared, and was respectful of other people, all things he found very attractive, as well as the fact that she was drop-dead gorgeous, but it was more then that.
    He was intoxicated by the way she moved, the way she sounded, the way she looked at him. He fantasized about the way the sunlight made her hair glow, the way her smile was slightly lopsided to the left, the way she crinkled her eyes before laughing, everything.
    He had been in love with her as long as he could remember, had come to America and slept on the floor, had saved every cent he could scrape together to bring her here and build a home for her he loved her so much.
    Now that it was finally happening, he could barely believe it.

T-800
    The robot looks at him. The clothes are unlikely to fit. The poor fit will give him away. A suitable response is provided by his programing. "Lost bag at airport. Nothing to wear. Felt like midnight stroll." With that he keeps walking, looking for a more suitable provider.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-19 at 09:03 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

To get come to terms with the fact that he was an indentured servant in heaven, wearing a penguin suit, Broken Sword had about two and a half millenia.

Then, the archangel sent him to Italy, in his prime once again, to slay an evil almost as old as he had been working.

To come to terms with the crowds, the "horseless carriages", and the buttons and tie on the suit he had recieved, Broken Sword had about two and a half minutes.

He grasped his namesake weapon like a security blanket and walked with as much grace as he could muster toward a certain church in the city of Volterra. He stopped at the door as he heard people inside talking. Broken Sword risked a peek into the church.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2010-01-19 at 09:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Egg Shen

"Well, the chief knew him, but I don't think he'll want to see you; he's a bit under the weather at the moment." The man laughs; it isn't pleasant.

Walker

Out of the corner of your eye, you spot a Chinese man attempting to peek into the cathedral. The vampire facing you is silent.

Wang

The married man notices a diner; from the looks of the area, though, it was likely to be most high-end place in the town.

T-800

The man lets the cyborg walk away for a moment before calling out "So, then it has nothing to do with you being a werewolf?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

T-800
    The machine turns. Blend in, wait for the opportune moment, strike. A response arrives. "Of course not, there are no such thing." He replies, his voice intentionally unconvincing.
    The accent is, unbelievably, a design feature, an obvious quirk that marks him as an outsider, and thus excuses some of his other quirks. So he seemed foreign.

Egg Shen
    The old Asian man smiles, as though the reply wasn't insincere, and knocks on the police chiefs door. "Hello." He says, false cheer failing to cover how mournful he was at the loss of a friend. "I was hoping you would see me. It's about a mutual friend."

Wang
    Wang opens the door for his wife, then looks around. He can't help it, a warrior is always prepared. Assuming no one seems to be a threat, he sits at an unoccupied table and waits for a waitress.
    This isn't the honeymoon he's always dreamed of, a tour around America with a chaperon, but he blew most of his savings getting Miyo Yin back and the wedding, and is lucky he has enough left to do anything at all.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-19 at 09:35 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #10

Walker
    "Someone is trying to sneak into your church. Would you please tell me where I could get into contact with one." Anyone who listened would realize that Walker wasn't asking a question, but making a demand only barely disguised with pleasantries. He keeps his hand on the umbrella, just in case.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

Well. Already things were beginning to unravel. Suspicion had potentially been redirected onto him. Still, if he could pretend to be a traveler looking to pay his respects in a place of worship, he might be able to talk his way out. If not, he was curious to see whether his skills with the sword had deteriorated.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2010-01-19 at 09:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Walker

"I don't think that you have any business here. Go in peace, my son." The vampire's voice is soothing, supportive...and familiar. It was, in effect, a far weaker version of Walker's own, and Walker was hardly susceptible to his own tricks.

T-800

"Of course. So when I tell you that there is a stash of clothing in the dumpster behind Fairbrook Street, then it's meaningless to you. Have a good day." the Hawaiian-shirted man wanders off.

Egg Shen

The mystic is greeted by another thrown whiskey bottle, just barely missing the man. "Who are you? Can't you tell the Chief is having a crisis right now?" the man before you is obviously drunk; slurring his words together, he attempts to make a dismissive motion, but ends up just raising his hand half-heartedly, staring at it for a few seconds, then dropping it back down again.

Wang

The two settle down in the diner, and prepare to order when a pale-skinned man slides into their booth and sidles up to Miyo. "Hello, lady," he purrs.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #13

Walker
    "Of course, of course. Except I have business with the Volituri; they've been causing me trouble. I will be getting an audience with them, and if you continue to refuse, I will be showing you how that voice is suppose to be used." Walker's eye checks the reflective surface again, "Again, someone is breaking into your church, so I assume that you have something that can stop him."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Wang
    Wang is one of the kindest, most respectful and sincere people anyone will ever meet. But, like all such people, he has a flaw. Jealousy. Wang does not like people moving on his girl, even though he trusts her completely.
    On the other hand, he just wants to enjoy his meal, and have a good time. It's too early to make a scene. So he does the honourable thing and ignores the pale faced man.
    Miyo smiles the sort of smile that beautiful girls soon learn how to do. It says I'm not interested, but I'm not rude either, so please leave, far better then any thousand words ever could.

Egg Shen
    Egg catches the bottle with a quick movement, and puts it down on the table. They'd need it later, a late wake was better then no wake at all. "I heard about Harry." He says politely, sitting down. "I'm sorry to hear about it. How did it happen?"

T-800
    The terminator goes through the clothes. They are mostly too small, but any that would do the job he takes. To much variation causes comment, so it is important for them to match as much as possible. Protection and utility is secondary.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-19 at 10:06 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

His instincts told him to back off. However, the last time he had decided not to take the direct approach, China had come under the heel of a tyrant. He walked in, expressing his need to worship in vague terms.

"Breaking in? I was hoping to say my prayers, not rob this place." Broken Sword's tone was suprised and slightly insulted.

Based on what he had overheard, he could tell this much: the other man could lead him to this group called the Volituri. He had to gain his trust. Broken Sword approached calmly, holding his sheathed blade in the same way the other visitor was holding his umbrella. He hoped the man would understand. We are the same.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Walker and Broken Sword

The vampire smiles. "Of course, Walker. We've been expecting you." Abandoning pretense, he then lunges at the younger man, intending to tackle him to the floor.

Broken Sword feels the tip of a sword pressed against the back of his neck. "Don't move," a voice whispers. "You might just make it out alive this night."

Wang

Unfortunately, the pale-faced man is too thick to realize he isn't wanted. "How's it going?" He then attempts to put his arm around Miyo.

T-800

While putting an ill-fitting set of clothes on (black t-shirt, grey sweatpants), the machine senses movement at 270 degrees. A man, just as tall as the human the Terminator was modelled after, is approaching, dressed in what only can be described as biker gear. "What are you doing with our stash, freak?" He pulls out a switchblade.

Egg Shen

"Harry? What about Harry? He's dead, isn't he? Dead, dead and gone; just like Bella. Into the coffin they go." The Chief is rolling now, making gestures considered to be obscene in some cultures, and waving his gun around. You really hope it isn't loaded.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

17. - Top - End - #17

Walker
    Walker sighs, he'd been hoping to avoid using this too often, he didn't have many uses of his ability left. He called upon the greatest gift the Authorities had given him before their death at Lilth's hand, "TAKE US TO THE VOLITURI. NOW." He nodded at the man who had broken in, indicating that they were working together, for now at least.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg
    Egg's eyes widen. "Who is Bella?" He asked, confused. "What happened to her?" The man is beginning at the end of the story.

T-800
    Being Carbon based life form. Not Target. Threat, negligible. May cause identity to be compromised. Turning, he raises his hands, until the man is close enough, then grabs his wrist and breaks it, his left hand moving in a lightning fast jab at the mans solar plexis.

Wang
    The propitier of the Black Dragon restaurant has had enough. "I think you have had a little too much to drink, friend." He says, his voice suddenly laced with attitude. "You need a good night sleep. At the moment, I don't think you could handle a woman." If there is going to be a fight, it will be the other guy who starts it.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-19 at 10:48 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Walker and Broken Sword

The vampire is forced into compliance; almost nothing can resist the Voice. "B...behind you." He raises a finger to point at the woman currently holding Broken Sword hostage.

"Hello, Walker." her voice is elegant and seductive, her posture perfectly balanced. "You have a problem with our organization?"

Egg Shen

"My daughter. Wonderful girl. She finally comes back, after years and years of being away...and ignores me." He paws at a picture of her on his desk. "Spends all her time with her boyfriend, with my Harry's kids, but not me. Not Charlie. And now she's dead."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-19 at 10:48 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg Shen pats him comfortingly on the shoulder, and suddenly they've known each other for years. "I sorry to hear that. How did she die?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #21

Walker
    "Not in the least, mam. Your organization is the only thing keeping these vastly overpowered children from going on a rampage whenever someone shorts them on a receipt. However, you either aren't keeping track of them in Nightside, or you're telling them to go crazy, because they're attacking buildings and reconstruction like a disorderly gangs." Walker maintains his calm composure; he may not be in the Nightside, but that doesn't mean he's easily intimidated.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

Broken Sword did not even tense up. After the first fifty times someone brandishes a sword at you, the rest stop being weapons and become sharp metal obstacles between you and your target. And based on what the woman said, she was an enemy.

In one quick movement, he dropped to his knees and whirled around, drawing his weapon to slice at his assailent's arm.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2010-01-19 at 10:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Egg Shen

"Her boyfriend. And he's dead, his family's dead, they're all dead. They all die in a little place at ((so and so address))." The drunk man bursts out giggling, then breaks back into sobs.

Walker and Broken Sword

The lady gracefully moves out of reach of the reincarnated man's sword. "Really? That's not what they said." Her own blade flies up to match Broken Sword's, move for move.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-19 at 10:56 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Egg sighs. Better, but still nothing. His old paranoia was ticking, dead only meant not alive, Lo-Pan had been dead for two thousand years. But he was past that, and on vacation. "I think you should start at the beginning." He said carefully, taking away the bottle.

((reposted))T-800
    Being Carbon based life form. Not Target. Threat, negligible. May cause identity to be compromised. Turning, he raises his hands, until the man is close enough, then grabs his wrist and breaks it, his left hand moving in a lightning fast jab at the mans solar plexis.

((reposted))Wang
    The propitier of the Black Dragon restaurant has had enough. "I think you have had a little too much to drink, friend." He says, his voice suddenly laced with attitude. "You need a good night sleep. At the moment, I don't think you could handle a woman." If there is going to be a fight, it will be the other guy who starts it.
    Miyo speaks up "Wang, this isn't really..." She trails off.
    Wang doesn't budge, his eyes narrowing to slits. he is hyper aware of his surroundings, making note of every sound, no matter how faint, observing every flicker of movement, no matter how small.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-19 at 11:02 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #25

Walker
    Walker merely watches the fight impassively; he'd held conversations during stranger circumstances, "They are lying to you then. I wouldn't journey to this place and leave a barely controlled hellhole ready to boil-over unless it was something important."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

Now this was a surprise. He had expected a blood drinking monster, not someone who could give him a run for his money.

Blocking another attack, he stepped back slightly and assumed a fighting stance. He was unfamiliar with her style of swordplay, but their particular weapon only worked in so many ways.

If it was a stab, he would catch the blade in his sheath, and impale her. If it was a stroke, he would block and counterattack similarly.

He would let her make the first move. Besides, he wanted to hear more of their conversation.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2010-01-19 at 11:06 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

T-800

The man lies in shock, too wounded to anything much other than moan.

Wang

"Or perhaps I think you can't handle a woman, even if sober." The pale man grins. "friend."

Egg Shen

Making a clumsy attempt to retrieve said bottle, the police chief only succeeds in dragging his hand across the keyboard of his computer. "Well...you believe in vampires? Pale-looking albinos, see. Steal your daughter away, make her one of them. Dead and gone, with no more time for daddy." The man sniffs for a moment, then squints at Egg. "You think I'm drunk, don't you."

Walker and Broken Sword

Nodding to the warrior, the woman arches a perfect eyebrow. "Then I'm afraid they've gone rogue. I'll have to send a team in to deal with them...we have an alliance with the Drood family-would it be acceptable to you if they were brought in to contain this mess?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

28. - Top - End - #28

Walker
    "They are currently banned from ever setting foot in the Nightside, due to a tendency to attempt large scale plans that tend to destroy large parts of the Nightside. From your tone, you don't have anyone else who could handle the problem?" Walker nods to the man who had temporarily stopped fighting, thanking him for not fighting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

He nodded back and sheathed his blade. There were obviously greater threats than these people disguised as the clergy. He would listen and find out what they were. Broken Sword had been uncermoniously dropped into Italy without so much as a briefing by what looked and made plans like a young girl. He needed every bit of information possible.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2010-01-19 at 11:23 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Walker and Broken Sword

The woman pauses to reflect for a moment. "No. No, I'm afraid not." She then throws her sword straight at Walker.

Almost immediately thereafter, she draws another sword(from where? there was no place to hide it...), and reengages with Broken Sword, blade whirling to strike.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-01-19 at 11:22 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2