New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight the Reckoning III: The Revenge

Pinhead and Deadpool

There is a distinct pause on the other end of the line. "Hold on a minute."

When somebody comes back on the other line, it is the voice of one of Pinhead's greatest foes: Doctor Stephan Strange. One of the few beings who had actually stopped Pinhead when the Lament Configuration was unlocked. "Hello, Pinhead."

The Room

The vampire flies back several feet, and his suit is noticeably worse for the wear. Aro easily catches the umbrella end, and wrenches it from Walker's grasp, attempting to beat the Voice of the Authorities around the head with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pinhead
    "Dr.Strange." Pinhead replies, "I assume this is not merely an exchange of pleasantries?" Dr.Strange wasn't the person Pinhead was hoping to talk too; he was actually rather far down the list; although Throatless still talked about what she was going to do to him.
    Walker
    As Aro grabs the umbrella, Walker holds onto the end and allows Aro to pull off the sheath that covers the broken hilt. Walker quickly attempts to stab the shattered blade into him while he is still off balance.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Pinhead

"No. This isn't. I take it that the Cullen family managed to acquire one of your reprehensible little boxes?" Strange sounds...tired. Annoyed and angry, but mostly tired. Not at all like he was the last time.

Walker

He twists aside, and the blade slices a minor gash on his left cheek. "A hit. A palpable hit." He sounds surprised. Taking out a handgun, the man double taps the trigger, aiming squarely at the Voice of the Authorities.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

4. - Top - End - #244

Pinhead
    "Indeed. They proved to be craftier than most; leaving the box behind and using their magic to both shield the exact identity of the one who opened it and weakening me severely. It would be best for everyone if we find them quickly, particularly since If you refuse to aid us, I will teleport Deadpool wherever he wishes, give him whatever he wants, and allow him to wreak havoc unknown in your darkest hour." Pinhead looks over at Deadpool; yes that would be a powerful threat indeed.
    Walker
    "Put the gun down, Aro. It's over; you're surrounded and we're stronger than you. It's time to be reasonable." Walker had hoped to avoid using The Voice here, but it's effects were much stronger the more sense his request made; or maybe that came from the fact that when his request made sense, the recipient usually had no options left.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Pinhead

A pause. "I see. Then if we do aid you, you will not do the same anyways? I'll want your oath on that. Written in your own blood, this time. In any case, we have some information about the family's current situation, but not nearly enough. We know they are planning something big, and we know that it takes effect tomorrow. Other than that, we don't know anything." Strange is worried; he didn't even demand the oath before volunteering the information.

"And I'd like that puzzle box when you find it. Give Throatless my regards." He hangs up; whatever the circumstances, he hasn't lost it just yet.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

Predator

The hunter reaches down and attempts to pick up Aro and pin him to the wall. This other hunter "Walker" seems to want information, it is only honourable to delay this kill until after the information has been gained.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

7. - Top - End - #247

Pinhead
    Pinhead looked at the phone for a second; Strange was definitely different, weaker, more prone to error. It hadn't been long enough for it to be simply mortal aging. Regardless, he hands the phone back to Deadpool and gives him a quick summary of the conversation, "We should still head to the airport, in case they haven't arrived yet."
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

He had finally caught up with Walker and the humanoid in armor. Sword still drawn, he approached the pinned Aro.

"So, what do you have planned for this Nightside?" His tone was casual and condescending. The vampire fancied himself some sort of king, but in Broken Sword's eyes, he was lower than an insect. Truth be told, he was ready to impale Aro and be done with it the second he was given an excuse.

What sort of man would treat the murder of his wife as a minor inconvenience? He would have been well within his rights to attack Broken Sword.

9. - Top - End - #249

Deadpool

"Mind if we use my stolen teleporter this time? I'd prefer not to detour through Hell again."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Under the Voice, Aro drops the gun, blinking as he does so. He doesn't resist when the Predator pushes him against the wall.

"I will rule over the Nightside. The Cullens promised me."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

A military strategist in his time had said something to the effect of, "take advantage of an angry or easily angered opponent". Broken Sword decided to goad Aro into making a mistake. They needed to know more, and someone of his arrogance could not have taken losing easily.

"How sad. You've been simply sitting in this room, hoping for some family to arrive with the gift of a city you hope to rule? Your reputation is far more impressive than the... (here he glanced over Aro contemptuously) reality."

He sheathed his sword in plain view of the vampire. If it really came down to it, he could protect himself with the weapon anyway, even if he could not kill his enemy.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2010-01-26 at 12:21 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Aro glares at Broken Sword. "When your opponent still has the Voice of God, it makes things rather complicated. Work indirectly, and manipulate things to your advantage. Always." He smiles, with the certainty of a man about to win.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

"I'm familiar with that philosophy. But I can't help but notice that for all your supposed power, you had to rely on human weapons to counter our strength. I will say this one last time. You are worth nothing to us if you do not reveal what your kind is planning."

He probes around Aro's pockets for concealed weapons, or anything similar.

(That's it for me tonight. I have to get back to work, and my computer seems to be in the process of self destructing.)

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

T-800
    Obtaining plans for the building, the machine carefully examines them, then, satisfied, makes it's way there, to wait patiently for it's informant. Entering the Ropk Estate ten minutes early, it scans the area for any hostiles or witnesses, eliminating any it meets in a quick burst of gunfire, while working to conserve bullets. Here, they shall not be so easily obtained.

Little China
    Wang is out, talking to a private investigator. After systematically going through every hotel's guest list and all the phone books he can get his hands on, searching for any trace of the name Cullen. He even considers calling the cops, though decides against it. Cops got better things to do then get killed, and the red tape of the international incident would be enough to ensure nothing got done.
    Egg is sitting on a couch, smoking an enormous opium pipe, squinting gently. There is nothing in it but tobacco, and he's barely inhaling any, but he likes the effect, and any sorcerer who doesn't smoke a pipe like this isn't doing there job properly. Occasionally he blows smoke rings, conjuring them into odd shapes like Gandalf. He ordered Chinese an hour ago, and is interested in seeing how the English got it wrong.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-26 at 05:23 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #255

Predator

As Aro continues to be unhelpful the hunter tightens it's grip on nerve clusters. It is not sure that the human nerve clusters would even work on a vampire but it can't hurt to try.

16. - Top - End - #256

Pinhead
    "Fine. Doesn't make much of a difference." For Pinhead it really doesn't, if Deadpool's teleport is intercepted, Pinhead will simply teleport them out.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

17. - Top - End - #257

Deadpool

"All aboard the Deadpool Express." Deadpool says as he grabs Pinhead's arm and teleports them to just outside the Airport parking lot.

Or at least thats what he tells the device it has a large tendacy to not quite go where he tells it if somewhere else close by would be funnier or more problematic for the merc with a mouth.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Aro

The vampire's pockets are packed with concealed weaponry. Derringers, knives, needles filled with clear liquid, gas grenade with the pin out...

Oh crap. A dense, choking gas fills the room, and in the ensuing confusion, Aro manages to slip out. A genius weapon, really; vampires don't need to breathe.

Little China

There is no Chinese food in London, the duo conclude after they attempt to eat their "meal". The British have had a long tradition of overcooking their foods, and this was no exception. Somehow, they have managed to work the taste of sprouts into dishes where said taste should no be. They've even managed to make the fortune cookies soggy. And it was all cold. Truly, the British are master butchers of cuisine.

The private investigator, on the other hand, manages to come up with a hit. "A real estate agent has an on-site appointment with your family tomorrow at noon. They will be at the old Ropk estate; it's a few miles outside London. Don't know why they would want to buy the place-it's been abandoned since the late 19th century."

The Ropk estate

The transporter never fails to malfunction, especially when that flaw is mentioned right before activation. The pair end up in a long, crumbling hallway, where a man in biker gear is apparently looking for something.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

Broken Sword scowls and swings his sheath and weapon several times, creating a gust of wind that clears the room quickly. He then casts about, looking for whatever doorway Aro escaped through.

20. - Top - End - #260

Walker
    "I hate vampires." Walker says, pulling his coat up to his mouth to try to block out the gases. He quickly moves down the hallway back into the club, motioning for his 'allies' to follow. After Walker see's Broken Sword clear the gas, he aids him in searching the tunnel.
    Pinhead
    Pinhead merely glances at Deadpool for a moment, "I would say this is irony, but in fact it's rather droll. Would you prefer to take care of this man, or should I?"
    Last edited by doliest; 2010-01-26 at 08:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

21. - Top - End - #261

Deadpool

"Oh man this is nothing. This one time I tried to teleport home from a hit and I ended up in the Avenger's mansion covered in my targets blood. Cap didn't take it well"

Deadpool draws his swords and charges the Biker looking man.

Predator

The gas wouldn't effect the predator whose mask filters out harm toxins in the air and the infared vision allows the hunter to follow Arlo where the humans cannot. He doesn't bother to cloak and simply gives chase.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

He follows, attempting to clear his throat. Next time, his method of checking for weaponry would consist of a sound beating to destroy anything Aro was carrying.

Suddenly, he realizes the third member of their motley group had gone. Broken Sword taps Walker on the shoulder and points in the direction the Predator was going.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2010-01-26 at 08:46 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akuma finishes off the wolf who had still been on the ground, stunned by the kick to the nads and subsequent punches to the face. After breaking its spine, he continues into the reservation.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

T-800
    The machine turns, sensors warning it of the energy readings, and assesses the threat. Seeing the charging mercenary, it acts quickly, drawing a pistol and firing wildly (as in, without taking careful aim) to make him hesitate, and using that instant to take precise aim at his vitals.
    It shoots to kill, as it was programed.

Little China
    Wang, unsurprisingly, is already set to leave. Egg manages to persuade him to stay, by dangling the bait of more information from Doctor Strange. It only works for long enough for Egg to straighten himself out and repack his bags. They take a taxi rather then renting a car, Egg removing his gourd and handing it to Wang. "Only a little left." He warns. "Save it for the moment."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-26 at 08:57 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #265

Walker
    Walker nods, "Infared; he's a predator, so he can still see Aro. We'd best follow him." With that, Walker follows Predator.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Broken Sword

"Agreed." He gives chase.

27. - Top - End - #267

Deadpool

The Merc with the Mouth hesitate over a little something like a few bullets hahahaha thats crazy. "Couldn't have said it better myself. Of course Crackloard had to ruin my Govenator joke in the OOC thread."

Yeah that wasn't cool. None the less Deadpool winds up for a kick but before he can break his foot on the metallic skeleton he is shot in the gut and falls to the ground.

"Yeah well I'm an ugly son of a bitch too."

As Deadpool falls down a gernade rolls out of his hand and towards Ahnold's feet.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

The machine kicks it as hard as it can, hopefully propelling it out of range, then stomps on Deadpool with bonecrunching force. Examining him quickly, it dismisses him as no further threat now that he has been sufficiently beaten, then turns and begins walking off. It needs to acquire more weapons for tomorrow. Lots more.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-01-26 at 09:35 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Akuma

Heading into the reservation, Akuma encounters a tall, willowy Native American woman. She crosses her arms. "What do you want? You aren't supposed to be here."

Fighting Aro

The trio continue down further down the secret passage, only to find Aro calmly standing before them, his back to a door, holding a remote detonator switch. He smiles.

"Deadman's switch, Walker. Don't even try using your Voice on me. This little device will trigger enough C4 to destroy you, me, and the entire club full of people above us. Surrender."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #270

Walker
    "What about Broken Sword?" Walker asks; giving that as a signal for his allies to end this.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar