New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Kasanip's Sketchbook

Touhou 7.5 Immaterial and Missing Power. Alice.

Also;
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Making an accident:
    Spoiler
    Show
    She looks like she's gonna start an Incident. (probably gonna palette swap everyone)
    Last edited by memnarch; 2010-10-03 at 11:27 AM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

Yes it is such a problem. Maybe it is why game I 'make' are quickly failure, but can join game and make character is not so difficult.
    Alright people, spread out and start working! Get settings planned out, pronto!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

3. - Top - End - #693

Yes it is not such a good picture because quickly trying to finish. To add color to it is strange, having tried now.
    I think it looks good, it's just that the thickness of the "aura" is similar to that of the arms so it's a little confusing. One thing that might work would be to remove the black line from the outline and just have the aura as a white glow with no defined edge.
    Making an accident:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's actually pretty cool. It might be an interesting direction to explore, just using colour and leaving out / painting over some of the linework. (You might look at Ian McConville's work, he had a similar evolution in his art over time.) Your use of colour is often very striking and powerful, it'd be interesting to see where it goes when let off the leash.
    Yes it is such a problem. Maybe it is why game I 'make' are quickly failure, but can join game and make character is not so difficult.
    I doubt this is a personal failing. Running a game is just a lot harder than playing in one.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, I'm sure people would be happy to think up a setting with input. I, for one, love thinking about that kind of stuff.

Also, very nice Yukari. The position of her face feels a little off, but I can't really put my finger on it. I think the facial features are a bit farther right than the position of the head would indicate. Still, very well done.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe some know my favorite is to play 'support' character for someone.
    Sorry, but the last few posts made me think of something silly and I had to draw it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes I know the hands are tiny.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

The one thing noone wants to play as and everyone needs.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Sorry, but the last few posts made me think of something silly and I had to draw it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes I know the hands are tiny.
    Thank you I don't know what to say about such a white robe.

Keine? Alice?
    Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Touhou 7.5 Immaterial and Missing Power. Alice.

It is Youmu.
    Spoiler
    Show

Of comic, help and advice is very much appreciated by me. m(_ _)m I will be thinking of idea, but biggest is problem of 'setting.'

Being very sleepy, no sketch for post today
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

8. - Top - End - #698

Doh! I got distracted by the danmaku around her.

Also, settings are sort of easy to come up with. Got an vague idea of what you'd want?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you I don't know what to say about such a white robe.
    It's the uniform of a White Mage. Since they're a support class.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-04 at 11:09 AM.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Doh! I got distracted by the danmaku around her.

Also, settings are sort of easy to come up with. Got an vague idea of what you'd want?
    To think of idea, maybe some of the things:

• must include somehow shapeshift object characters
    • some 'magic'
    • start at small town (like my hometown)
    • start of 'small' group of character (maybe just 1 or 2)
    • I want it to be happy and with some serious (maybe people who RP with me understand)
    • To include lots of 'nature' setting because I like it very much.
    • I cannot decide of 'Time' for happening ('Past, Present, Future')
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-10-04 at 11:50 AM.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

• some 'magic'
    • I want it to be happy and with some serious (maybe people who RP with me understand)
    This could work No, wait.

Might not be what you're looking for, but here's some setting ideas I had lying around, if they help:
    http://brilliantgameologists.com/boa...php?topic=3995
    http://brilliantgameologists.com/boa...php?topic=2159

Heck, you could probably combine them and make the "dwarf" empire a hyper-advanced dystopia.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-04 at 01:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmmm... Gensokyo, starting in the human village?
    I like the magic system in Prime's second link, but the rest probably doesn't fit as well with what you want. The domen-human cosmology might be worth a look, though.

By 'shapeshift object characters', do you mean characters turning into objects, like, say, human to car, or elf to sword?

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

I think she might mean more the type of "car to human" and "sword to elf", if one of her current characters is anything to go by.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    one of her current characters
    http://bleachitp-reborn.wikidot.com/characters:erima

EDIT: What about a group of lycanthropes in Eberron during the purge?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-04 at 04:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #705

• some 'magic'
    I think it's only in Touhou, but tsukumogami come from objects that have been forgotten for 100 years, right? (...In Touhou. Wikipedia seems to suggest this isn't so in tradition.) So maybe you have a character who can find tsukumogami, and one of the common places to find them is in the forest, where people lose things. And for some reason he has to figure out why they were lost or reunite them with their old owners' families, which means flashbacks so you get to do both modern and period stuff. Perhaps a friend is a forest spirit who helps him investigate those old events.

(This is all drawing heavily on having seen ten minutes of Natsume Yuujincou, mind. It may be too similar for your tastes.)

16. - Top - End - #706
    Banned

It isn't just Touhou as it is also the case in Okami, where several of the monsters you fight are objects that have come to life, most notably the mirrors and that kettle creature.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the traditional myth causes tsukumogami to only come from items that have been owned by the same family for 100 years.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    I think it's only in Touhou, but tsukumogami come from objects that have been forgotten for 100 years, right? (...In Touhou. Wikipedia seems to suggest this isn't so in tradition.) So maybe you have a character who can find tsukumogami, and one of the common places to find them is in the forest, where people lose things. And for some reason he has to figure out why they were lost or reunite them with their old owners' families, which means flashbacks so you get to do both modern and period stuff. Perhaps a friend is a forest spirit who helps him investigate those old events.

(This is all drawing heavily on having seen ten minutes of Natsume Yuujincou, mind. It may be too similar for your tastes.)
    It is an interesting idea. But maybe more of 'plot' than 'setting' I think

Quote Originally Posted by Associate View Post
    Hmmm... Gensokyo, starting in the human village?
    I like the magic system in Prime's second link, but the rest probably doesn't fit as well with what you want. The domen-human cosmology might be worth a look, though.

By 'shapeshift object characters', do you mean characters turning into objects, like, say, human to car, or elf to sword?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I think she might mean more the type of "car to human" and "sword to elf", if one of her current characters is anything to go by.

If I want to make Touhou comic, it is very easy. But I want to make 'self' comic I think.

To be more like Frozen_Feet's explanation, but I did not think of opposite example. Maybe it is interesting idea too.

http://bleachitp-reborn.wikidot.com/characters:erima

EDIT: What about a group of lycanthropes in Eberron during the purge?
    Sorry I don't understand this example very well.

19. - Top - End - #709

It is an interesting idea. But maybe more of 'plot' than 'setting' I think
    Oh, for setting I was just thinking, well, a small Japanese town. ...Near a wood. That's it really

The other details would come out of the people/plot rather than the place.

Of course, I suppose if you want to actually draw the place you need more detail about it than that...

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

I like making settings so much I had to give this a go. I've written up a fancy description, and I included a few plot points that I came up with while thinking it up. If you do like the setting feel free to disregard or change anything I came up with.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since the age of myth there has been Summoners; people capable of the amazing feat of calling forth the ‘Essences’ of everyday objects. Some Summoners train their skills in commanding a great range of objects, able to control almost anything they encounter with the power of their mind. Others train for the mastery of specific objects, becoming able to summon human-like spirits from their chosen objects. Regardless of the path they choose, Summoners and the objects they summon from have been respected and revered for generations.

All this has begun to change recently with new research into the practices of summoning, bringing this art to the middle class workers. Essences and summoning techniques are used to run factories and power machines, with many treating these once sacred objects as mere tools. This new manufacturing power has fuelled the growth of the cities, requiring the clearance of large amounts of the surrounding woodland, ancient forests still covering much of the continent.

Modern science tells that Essences have no conscious of their own, being created by the beliefs of the people who use the objects they are from. This is one of the main justifications used by those who would use them for their own purposes. But all this is thrown into doubt when a young girl finds something thought to be impossible: an Essence that can summon itself.

Here's a list of the main points:
    • Summoners can summon spirits from objects or control the objects magically.
    • The period is roughly the begining of the industrial revolution, but using Essences to run machines instead of steam engines.
    • The majority of the continent is covered in thick forest, isolating the villages and towns inside.
    • The level of development varries from town to town, with those closest to the cities being most advanced, while distant villages may even have a tribal atmosphere.

Hope you like it!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banthesun View Post
    I like making settings so much I had to give this a go. I've written up a fancy description, and I included a few plot points that I came up with while thinking it up. If you do like the setting feel free to disregard or change anything I came up with.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since the age of myth there has been Summoners; people capable of the amazing feat of calling forth the ‘Essences’ of everyday objects. Some Summoners train their skills in commanding a great range of objects, able to control almost anything they encounter with the power of their mind. Others train for the mastery of specific objects, becoming able to summon human-like spirits from their chosen objects. Regardless of the path they choose, Summoners and the objects they summon from have been respected and revered for generations.

All this has begun to change recently with new research into the practices of summoning, bringing this art to the middle class workers. Essences and summoning techniques are used to run factories and power machines, with many treating these once sacred objects as mere tools. This new manufacturing power has fuelled the growth of the cities, requiring the clearance of large amounts of the surrounding woodland, ancient forests still covering much of the continent.

Modern science tells that Essences have no conscious of their own, being created by the beliefs of the people who use the objects they are from. This is one of the main justifications used by those who would use them for their own purposes. But all this is thrown into doubt when a young girl finds something thought to be impossible: an Essence that can summon itself.

Here's a list of the main points:
    • Summoners can summon spirits from objects or control the objects magically.
    • The period is roughly the begining of the industrial revolution, but using Essences to run machines instead of steam engines.
    • The majority of the continent is covered in thick forest, isolating the villages and towns inside.
    • The level of development varries from town to town, with those closest to the cities being most advanced, while distant villages may even have a tribal atmosphere.

Hope you like it!
    I like it! If this was a comic, I would totally read it.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

22. - Top - End - #712
    Titan in the Playground

Seems interesting enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-06 at 01:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I like it! If this was a comic, I would totally read it.
    [/LURKING]
    Me to, I think this is an awesome idea
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

24. - Top - End - #714
    Banned

Death by sheer cute, isn't it?

HNNNGH.
    Last edited by Cubey; 2010-10-06 at 03:40 PM.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post

HNNNGH.
    *falls over, suffering from cuteness overload*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cubey View Post

HNNNGH.
    Addition to list of people Kasanip secretly is:

Sorry Terra.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-06 at 06:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Banned

So you're saying we only see the cheerful online persona and not the serious, sarcastic, "reasonable" real world one? Somehow i have a hard time imagining that.

Besides it was established a long time ago that i am Chisame...Her actual personality, not the online persona. Can't claim to have anything in common with that one.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    So you're saying we only see the cheerful online persona and not the serious, sarcastic, "reasonable" real world one? Somehow i have a hard time imagining that.
    That's what Chiu-tan wants you to think!

Besides it was established a long time ago that i am Chisame...Her actual personality, not the online persona. Can't claim to have anything in common with that one.
    But what about Miyuki?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-07 at 05:28 AM.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

...for some reason, I was tempted to make a 'No, I am Spartacus!" joke.

Sometimes, even I don't know how my mind works.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #720
    Banned

Eh, i can see how that works, Horngeek. Not too strange really.

And i dunno, Prime. I never saw the Miyuki angle that everyone does. I'm too lazy, sarcastic and nerdy to be much like her.

And i still have a hard time imagining Kasanip as anything like Chisame, even her Chiu-tan persona. They are still too different for that.