New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kasanip's Sketchbook

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    And i dunno, Prime. I never saw the Miyuki angle that everyone does. I'm too lazy, sarcastic and nerdy to be much like her.
    Indeed. In fact, your lack of similarity to Miyuki is a good thing, since she's rather nonconfrontational and spineless, while Terra has much more character. And let's not mention the dreaded Corrective Wall Of Text Mode.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

And i dunno, Prime. I never saw the Miyuki angle that everyone does. I'm too lazy, sarcastic and nerdy to be much like her.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6881992
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6882034
    i guess i look kinda like Miyuki would in a realistic style.
    As for "lazy, sarcastic and nerdy"... you're on a messageboard, those don't count as quirks.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-07 at 09:09 AM.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banthesun View Post
    I like making settings so much I had to give this a go. I've written up a fancy description, and I included a few plot points that I came up with while thinking it up. If you do like the setting feel free to disregard or change anything I came up with.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since the age of myth there has been Summoners; people capable of the amazing feat of calling forth the ‘Essences’ of everyday objects. Some Summoners train their skills in commanding a great range of objects, able to control almost anything they encounter with the power of their mind. Others train for the mastery of specific objects, becoming able to summon human-like spirits from their chosen objects. Regardless of the path they choose, Summoners and the objects they summon from have been respected and revered for generations.

All this has begun to change recently with new research into the practices of summoning, bringing this art to the middle class workers. Essences and summoning techniques are used to run factories and power machines, with many treating these once sacred objects as mere tools. This new manufacturing power has fuelled the growth of the cities, requiring the clearance of large amounts of the surrounding woodland, ancient forests still covering much of the continent.

Modern science tells that Essences have no conscious of their own, being created by the beliefs of the people who use the objects they are from. This is one of the main justifications used by those who would use them for their own purposes. But all this is thrown into doubt when a young girl finds something thought to be impossible: an Essence that can summon itself.

Here's a list of the main points:
    • Summoners can summon spirits from objects or control the objects magically.
    • The period is roughly the beginning of the industrial revolution, but using Essences to run machines instead of steam engines.
    • The majority of the continent is covered in thick forest, isolating the villages and towns inside.
    • The level of development varies from town to town, with those closest to the cities being most advanced, while distant villages may even have a tribal atmosphere.

Hope you like it!

I like it very much. Maybe I will use some ideas I think. Thank you for such a suggestion.

For inspirating, to try some 'landscape' pictures. I must practice this very much if I want to make a setting. <(>< )>
    Spoiler
    Show

I want to make character sketch soon. And of course many request to draw It is a busy week.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Addition to list of people Kasanip secretly is:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry Terra.
    I don't know the characters. You mean the smiling ghost? There is list of people?
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-10-07 at 09:09 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #724
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't know the characters. You mean the smiling ghost? There is list of people?
    It's actually one character, Hasegawa Chisame from Negima!. She's a snarky grump who leads a double life as a cute and pretty net idol.

(Not sure where Prime was going with the comparison, though. Cutest character in Negima! would surely be Sayo-chan or Chibi-Setsuna.)

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

For inspirating, to try some 'landscape' pictures. I must practice this very much if I want to make a setting. <(>< )>
    Spoiler
    Show

Who needs backgrounds anyway? *cough* Tite Kubo *cough*
    But seriously, nice work.

There is list of people?
    IIRC the other entries are Ranka Lee and Maribel Han.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikasei View Post
    (Not sure where Prime was going with the comparison, though. Cutest character in Negima! would surely be Sayo-chan or Chibi-Setsuna.)
    Because she controls the minds of netizens with her Photoshopped Photoshocked cuteness, while laughing evilly into her laptop.

On another note: I'm sure nothing in Negima would seem familiar to you. Especially not Yue.
    Spoiler
    Show

And especially not the loli vampire with a maid (who is also a blonde with doll magic), or the enthusiastic reporter with a camera called "raven's eye", or the swordswoman who gets easily flustered by her master's teasing, or...
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-07 at 10:56 AM.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

To work on comic idea (thank you very much for help everyone!)

Mary - Human - Main Character
    Spoiler
    Show

Yoin - Tsukumogami - ??
    Spoiler
    Show

Kleis - Human - Mary's Teacher
    Spoiler
    Show

Kojiki - Shikigami - Book
    Spoiler
    Show

Introduction to Story
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #727

Yoin - Tsukumogami - ??
    Spoiler
    Show

I really like this character.

And I can't wait to see the comic once it's started.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This one somehow reminds me of Vulion's work. Or Furi.

It seems kind of odd to use the names "shikigami" and "tsukumogami" when "Caller" is a made-up term (and both shorter and in a different language). Maybe they're called something else within the setting? That would also allow you to introduce differences (eg. maybe tsukumogami are particularly old shikigami) without worrying about accuracy.

Do all spirit characters have eyebrows like that?

EDIT: I see a question mark where I presume the object Yoin comes from would be. If you haven't decided yet, could I suggest something like a radio or television? I know that you wouldn't typically expect objects that modern to become tsukumogami, but that's the point - it makes her more distinctive (both within and outside the context of the story). Just suggested it because of her "antennae hair".
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-12 at 09:39 AM.

9. - Top - End - #729

indeed. I'm curious on what story you want to tell.

My advice is only this. Tell the story you want to tell. That's the problem with a lot of webcomic. They have an idea not a story. I believe everyone must have a story that they want to tell. And just give us a hoot if you need help, I believe each one of us would gladly help with what we can :).
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

10. - Top - End - #730
    Halfling in the Playground

That's really good Kasa-chan!!!
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    I really like this character.

And I can't wait to see the comic once it's started.
    Thank you m(_ _)m

This one somehow reminds me of Vulion's work. Or Furi.
    I do not draw boy character very well. I hope to become better with this training.

It seems kind of odd to use the names "shikigami" and "tsukumogami" when "Caller" is a made-up term (and both shorter and in a different language). Maybe they're called something else within the setting? That would also allow you to introduce differences (eg. maybe tsukumogami are particularly old shikigami) without worrying about accuracy.
    Maybe it is problem of translation. I don't know what name for them. But it is story first in Japanese and translate to English (>_< ). Maybe someone can give such a suggestion. First idea was "Summoner" but maybe with problem I think.

Word 'Summon' 「召喚」 but maybe "Conjurer" also idea of 「召喚」 but 「喚起」. 「召喚」 "Invocation" 「喚起」 "Evocation" but to read wikipedia it is to say 「召喚では霊的存在に呼びかけ、その来臨を請う。喚起では霊的存在に命令して呼びつける。」 so it seem of 'call tsukumogami' it maybe is 「召喚」 but maybe is 「喚起」 for shikigami because it is "order" 「命令」.

Of article it is to say here
    喚起魔術(英: evocative magic, evocational magic)は、霊に対して、魔術師の外部の特定の領域に現れるよう命令し、現れた霊を魔術師の目的のため に働かせる魔術作業である。召喚を杯の業というのに対し、喚起を剣の業という。「人工精霊 (英: artificial elemental) の創造」はこの変種と言える。

I think word english word is "Evoker." But first to think 「呼び出す」 and 「呼びかける」 both maybe to say "Call" in English, so to write this.

Difference of tsukumogami and shikigami is very certain in story I think. Maybe right now it does not seem very much so.

Do all spirit characters have eyebrows like that?
    But I think it is cute.

EDIT: I see a question mark where I presume the object Yoin comes from would be. If you haven't decided yet, could I suggest something like a radio or television? I know that you wouldn't typically expect objects that modern to become tsukumogami, but that's the point - it makes her more distinctive (both within and outside the context of the story). Just suggested it because of her "antennae hair".
    It is secret because important to story I think.
    Radio and Television cannot be because impossible for tsukumogami to be such a thing. Also for story maybe not exist I think. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    indeed. I'm curious on what story you want to tell.

My advice is only this. Tell the story you want to tell. That's the problem with a lot of webcomic. They have an idea not a story. I believe everyone must have a story that they want to tell. And just give us a hoot if you need help, I believe each one of us would gladly help with what we can :).
    Thank you.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

I do not draw boy character very well. I hope to become better with this training.
    Hey, you don't have to be mean to Vulion.

Maybe it is problem of translation. I don't know what name for them. But it is story first in Japanese and translate to English (>_< ). Maybe someone can give such a suggestion. First idea was "Summoner" but maybe with problem I think.

Word 'Summon' 「召喚」 but maybe "Conjurer" also idea of 「召喚」 but 「喚起」. 「召喚」 "Invocation" 「喚起」 "Evocation" but to read wikipedia it is to say 「召喚では霊的存在に呼びかけ、その来臨を請う。喚起では霊的存在に命令して呼びつける。」 so it seem of 'call tsukumogami' it maybe is 「召喚」 but maybe is 「喚起」 for shikigami because it is "order" 「命令」.

Of article it is to say here
    喚起魔術(英: evocative magic, evocational magic)は、霊に対して、魔術師の外部の特定の領域に現れるよう命令し、現れた霊を魔術師の目的のため に働かせる魔術作業である。召喚を杯の業というのに対し、喚起を剣の業という。「人工精霊 (英: artificial elemental) の創造」はこの変種と言える。

I think word english word is "Evoker." But first to think 「呼び出す」 and 「呼びかける」 both maybe to say "Call" in English, so to write this.
    What would be the romaji rendering of "summoner"? "Caller" isn't typically used in that context in English, but that's a good thing - it gives the story something unique.

eg. in Bleach, shinigami would be translated literally as "death god" or figuratively as "Grim Reaper", but they went with "Soul Reaper" since it wasn't a term that had been used before (while keeping the meaning obvious).

It is secret because important to story I think.
    Radio and Television cannot be because impossible for tsukumogami to be such a thing. Also for story maybe not exist I think. Sorry.
    Eh, I was just throwing out random ideas. I figured that if a character like that existed, others of her kind would know that she should be impossible, and shun her. Plus I had an amusing image of Yoin's hair twitching and pictures appearing in her eyes.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-12 at 12:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Banned

This does look interesting. Of course there aren't many story details yet, but those will come at some point as the story is developed and presented. Also several of those characters look really cute. I have to ask though, is Kojiki a shikigami of the actual book the Kojiki?

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Sold! I'm ready to read it any time you are ready to post this, Kasanip.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, you don't have to be mean to Vulion.
    This is not my meaning I think he is very good artist. But to think I always draw boy character same.
    What would be the romaji rendering of "summoner"? "Caller" isn't typically used in that context in English, but that's a good thing - it gives the story something unique.

eg. in Bleach, shinigami would be translated literally as "death god" or figuratively as "Grim Reaper", but they went with "Soul Reaper" since it wasn't a term that had been used before (while keeping the meaning obvious).
    「サモナー」 but like saying in before, maybe idea is different than 'Summoner' I think.

This does look interesting. Of course there aren't many story details yet, but those will come at some point as the story is developed and presented. Also several of those characters look really cute. I have to ask though, is Kojiki a shikigami of the actual book the Kojiki?
    Maybe being 'Alternative Japan' kind of setting in some way. Kojiki's story also is a little secret I think.

Edit:
    Kamome
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-10-14 at 11:10 AM.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Always good to have more Kamome.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #737
    Banned

Indeed it is. She makes such an adorable main character.

18. - Top - End - #738

I'd agree with that.

And I'm glad someone noticed it and posted so I could see it.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just dropping in to say your art looks good as usual and I've quite enjoyed your roleplay posts.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed it is. She makes such an adorable main character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Always good to have more Kamome.
    The "main character" problem is sorted out? That game should totally be transcribed. *glances at VN engine gathering dust*

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Why bother transcribing a PbP game? All the text is already there.

And problem? I have no idea what are you talking about.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2010-10-20 at 01:48 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

And problem? I have no idea what are you talking about.
    A story typically has a single protagonist, whereas in a game "everyone is the main character of their own story".
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-10-20 at 01:59 PM.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

Well, while I try to give all the players enough spotlight and a chance to shine, Kamome clearly fits the role of the Hero in MSP's Five Eight Man Band.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #744
    Banned

Also, at least one player, me, has actively set out to create a side character rather than one who drives the plot. I mean of course she has her own goals and background, but mostly those stay in the background and are easy to work into whatever is going on. It's quite tangential to the actual purpose of this thread, though.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you for comments and sorry for slow responding.

Today my Pen Tablet became broken

So to post almost finish sketches. I don't know when a new pen tablet can be received. I am very sad.

Moon_Wolf character Yuuki
    Spoiler
    Show

ZUN character Yuuka
    Spoiler
    Show

A sketch
    Spoiler
    Show

Most unhappy is not finish this picture for comic:
    To be Chapter 1 title
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, while I try to give all the players enough spotlight and a chance to shine, Kamome clearly fits the role of the Hero in MSP's Five Eight Man Band.
    It always is strange to me why people say Kamome is 'main character.' To think not being successful, and like to make support character it is uncertain for me. To make Kamome not as pilot character, but for support person on Roc. Enya took that role however. But Kamome maybe is similar to me sometimes, I think so I like her.

Takara is Haruhi, isn't she?

To have made such a music sketch when I sketched the Yukari picture.
    It is strange such a thought became in such a way.
    Spoiler
    Show

It is music sketch of this song.
    I want to draw again.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-10-21 at 10:06 AM.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

ZUN character Yuuka
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very vivid shading. I like.

To be Chapter 1 title
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also awesome.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

Today my Pen Tablet became broken

So to post almost finish sketches. I don't know when a new pen tablet can be received. I am very sad.
    Aww, that sucks. I hope you'll get a new one soon.

It always is strange to me why people say Kamome is 'main character.' To think not being successful, and like to make support character it is uncertain for me. To make Kamome not as pilot character, but for support person on Roc. Enya took that role however. But Kamome maybe is similar to me sometimes, I think so I like her.
    Well, Kamome is the cheerful and determined, but youngest and least experienced member of the crew, not a very skilled pilot but pushes through with hard work and guts, has latent psychic abilities and used to have an old mentor but he sacrificed his life to save her. That's 100% main character!

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #748

Yay for yuuka! She's my third favourite touhou character after cirno and rumia.

And hmm... Dislike violence, obsessed with flying and blue sky, got saved by the old mentor type (who didn't survive), managed to stop a battle by talking, latent psychic power....

Yeah, kamome's kinda feels like the hero ^^
    (I'm only partially serious kasanip, don't take it too hard)

And sorry to hear about your tablet . Reminds me on my brother who lost his DS just a few weeks ago.
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-10-21 at 03:27 PM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

29. - Top - End - #749
    Halfling in the Playground

Aaaah! So beautiful! I luffs it!

The chapter title is really awesome too. Now, away to colour this great pic of Yuuki you made me! I would like to make it my avatar

P.S. Sorry to hear about your pen tablet, hope you can get it fixed/replace it soon.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

Make sure you post a link when you are making a thread for the comic.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28