New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Kasanip's Sketchbook

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Thank you! Please have a Happy New Year too! Eris is a fun character in imagination. I hope in game she can become this interesting sometime.
    Thanks. I don't know much about the game, I'm sure you can make her interesting in it!

Should I post other pictures too?
    All your pictures are amazing, so that would very much be great! ^_^

Should I explain more about characters like Eris also? Is it not interesting for you?
    It is very interesting to hear about characters.

Do you have art request for sketching? It is a long time since to do music sketch request. But maybe it can be fun to try again? I can try to show improving.
    I don't really have any art requests at the moment, but I will be sure to post one if I think of it!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kasanip's Sketchbook

Hope you're having a good start to the new year, Kasanip!

The Eris sketches are my favorites of this most recent batch, especially the colored one... I think Eris is starting to become my favorite of your characters just from the little bit I've seen of her.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Blah, can't anyway to get just the music without the name or anything like that (because while the music is cool, the name is very weird if you haven't played the game. It's the tune that plays on the title screen)
    "Suicide Mission" Music Sketch
    Spoiler
    Show

More explanations == a plus.
    Yes, I've got requests, but you're already planning to use the music that I provided, so I don't want to make any right now.

One idea I got is to do a series of pictures showing how you make the final, coloured image. Like this one.
    Spoiler
    Show

No pressure, no rush; just enjoy drawing and don't worry about us. We're a patient bunch.
    Thank you! I will try to do another showing how make the final, colored image sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
    Please keep showing us more of your work, I really enjoy both your work and receiving updates from you, to see how you're doing. :3 Also I'd love to hear more about her, though I'm not very familiar with Fire Emblem. :o Had to google to figure out that there's a d20 Fire Emblem game...

As for requests... |3 Nah, you've drawn Alveri enough on your own accord. Music request? :o... Sounds interesting, maybe try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6GK8HhjQQE ? Very heavy music. Maybe even a little fitting of Alveri. :3
    "Alveri Theme" Music Sketch
    Spoiler
    Show

It was a little experiment also. But very short song.

Also it was said I should post gift pictures. But I will only post if there is permission or if already it is revealed by receiving person.

The_Snark's character Mar
    Spoiler
    Show

WhiteKnight777's character Umber
    Spoiler
    Show

Teutonic Knight's Comic's character Aria
    Spoiler
    Show

Vulion's character
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2012-01-06 at 11:32 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

Teutonic Knight's Comic's character Aria
    Spoiler
    Show
    When I saw this in TK's thread, I decided to try colouring it.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Firbolg in the Playground

All of your sketches look very lovely. And the ME2 music sketch fits the feeling perfectly in my opinion.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you so much, Kasa. :> She's about to get wings, too! Though I guess that wasn't hard to see coming with her design, aha. ^^ ; Hopefully they'll come out as pretty as those. <3

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy New Year Kasanip! I hope 2012 is a great year for you!

While I always like more pictures, please don't feel nervous about making posts just to talk about things.

I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of other characters. Your style always makes them look nice, so I'll be happy whatever you're posting. I wouldn't find explanations boring either, I like reading that kind of stuff!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    When I saw this in TK's thread, I decided to try colouring it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It looks nice! It has been long time since Prime32 has colored a sketch from me. 

All of your sketches look very lovely. And the ME2 music sketch fits the feeling perfectly in my opinion.
    Thank you! I am happy it fits the feeling perfectly! It is a strange song, but becomes heroic I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
    Thank you so much, Kasa. :> She's about to get wings, too! Though I guess that wasn't hard to see coming with her design, aha. ^^ ; Hopefully they'll come out as pretty as those. <3
    It seems Avari changes so much! But it seems her personality also is conflict with this idea. I think it makes an interesting character. 

Quote Originally Posted by banthesun View Post
    Happy New Year Kasanip! I hope 2012 is a great year for you!

While I always like more pictures, please don't feel nervous about making posts just to talk about things.

I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of other characters. Your style always makes them look nice, so I'll be happy whatever you're posting. I wouldn't find explanations boring either, I like reading that kind of stuff!
    Thank you! Happy New Year banthesun!

It was a busy weekend, but to make first try at this kind of introduction. Please tell me opinions!

~*~
    Character Introduction: Eris ir Ostrim
    Spoiler
    Show

The "White Witch" Eris is the character played by Kasanip in Playground III Free-Form game by TheDarkDM.
    {table]History: Eris was born in the sorcerer Primary House "Ostrim" in Taelarys. 200 years ago, there was a power struggle between alchemists and sorcerers. An alchemist made elixir of eternal youth for the emperor. Probably the alchemists would gain much power from this dangerous item, so Eris stole the elixir and murdered the alchemist, and told the emperor it was a poison. This started a war between the alchemists and sorcerers. When it was ended, she became exiled as a punishment. Secretly however, she actually drank the elixir. Becoming trapped at her young age, she traveled and hidden for 200 years.

Personality: Eris is very like a cat and cunning, and also selfish and arrogant. She has wanted revenge on the sorcerers and emperor for a long time. But most important for her is to watch the balance of the world carefully and interfere. She has fought evil and helped in rebellions and wars, but mostly secretly. But there are some rumors of "White Hair Witch" in rural areas. Recently Eris returned to Taelarys to start her revenge. But she met good sorcerers who have helped her very much. Feeling some guilt, she has started to trust again, which is making her repressed childish emotions more see-able. This new trust and friendship has made her uncertain. "What is the right action now?" This is the question Eris thinks about.

Ability: Eris is the most powerful fire sorcerer. She has had a long time to master the five flames, and even has fought against dragons (this has not happened in a long time). Unfortunately Eris also has a youthful body, so she has great difficulty with anti-magic or if surprised. Because Eris is not afraid of being burned, she doesn't care about wide space or narrow space. It can be dangerous to be fighting next to her.

• Favorite Element: Fire
    • Favorite Accessory: Hair Accessory
    • Dislikes: Head Patting, Medicine, Alchemists, Spiders

Postscript: To read memnarch message, it was realized similar to a certain Touhou Project character. But it is coincidence. Actually, when character was made I read about a character name Kara from Sword World TRPG game. I tried to make Eris powerful villain, but forum dice hate me. So always I roll 1 (and in game's first battle, roll 1, 1, 1), so I gave up. It seems impossible with my skill to make competition with other villain players. So I don't know what to do now.
    [/table]
    ~*~

What character should I introduce next? Please choose of them: Mir, Kamome, Erima.
    Maybe every week it can be done.
    Of course more music sketch or request can be asked too.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2012-01-09 at 09:01 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1149

Heheh, very big coincidence indeed. All that's missing is an old enemy that drank the elixir as well.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eris has a swanky backstory.

It's a little hard to believe she's fought dragons, though, given her rolls
    Playground in the Playground

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Titan in the Playground

Kamome is in my game, so I'm pretty sure you know who am I voting for!

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Heheh, very big coincidence indeed. All that's missing is an old enemy that drank the elixir as well.
    It will not happen I think. Only one elixir was made. It would be annoying if another character used same concept I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Ice View Post

Thank you! Yes, it is unfortunate. A lot of my plans were erased because of this. It has been difficult to be involved since that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Kamome is in my game, so I'm pretty sure you know who am I voting for!
    It is one vote for Kamome.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Bugbear in the Playground

If you're looking for song sketches, Kasanip, I've always liked this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpuHS...eature=related
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

14. - Top - End - #1154

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Ice View Post

Not really that difficult to believe she might have fought dragons.
    Defeated dragons, on the other hand...
    Mima avatar by Memnarch

15. - Top - End - #1155

I vote for Kamome as well.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll pitch in a vote for Mir.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ogre in the Playground

I am sorry, but there is family difficulty, so probably a post cannot be made this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade Kerrin View Post
    Not really that difficult to believe she might have fought dragons.
    Defeated dragons, on the other hand...
    I didn't say "Defeated."

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    I vote for Kamome as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I'll pitch in a vote for Mir.
    2 vote for Kamome
    1 vote for Mir

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

That doesn't sound good. I hope everything clears up for you soon.

Also, since it looks like you've been asking for songs to make sketches from, here's one I thought you might like to draw.

19. - Top - End - #1159

Yes, hopefully things will turn out alright.

For the vote... can't we have both?

But if I can't... I must choose kamome.
    Last edited by Fri; 2012-01-16 at 09:00 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

~*~
    Character Introduction: Kamome
    Spoiler
    Show

Kamome is the character played by Kasanip from forum game "Mecha Sky Pirates" by Tengu_Temp.
    {table]History: Kamome was born on a small gas station in the sky. Her father was a famous pilot but retired. Mother is traveling the world somewhere. Kamome's father sent her to travel and study with a merchant friend, and she learned navigation very well. Then she joined the group 1 year before the game start. She wears a precious headset and goggles which are memories of her family. Kamome is the navigator of their plane Roc. it is a dangerous mission. The group rescued the prince (a child) and is protecting him and his older sister. But there have been tragedies and sacrifices too. And it seems Kamome has natural psychic power. It is a rare trait that has her confused.

Personality: Kamome is a very honest and cheerful girl. She loves the sky and birds very much. She was born and raised in the sky, and flying is her favorite thing to do. She is more comfortable to fly than to walk. She also loves music very much and plays the violin. Mostly Kamome is cheerful and airhead in flying. But it has become dangerous and serious more recently. So Kamome also has been affected by this. She admires the Sky Rangers for their strength, and she wants to protect the prince and princess and support them. Kamome doesn't know what will happen in the future. But she is determined to not let precious people die.

Ability: Kamome's strong skills are navigation and violin, but in a trpg game they are useless skills. She has very good music and balance ability also. Sitting on mecha hand, she is more interest in albatross than worry of balance. Of sky and falling, Kamome is most fearless. Psychic power may become useful advantage? Until now, it hasn't been advantage. Of piloting, Kamome excels very much. She understands planes like friends. But she dislikes fighting very much.

• Favorite Bird: Albatross
    • Favorite Accessory: Headband and Goggles
    • Favorite Altitude: 1500m

Postscript: Because I don't know about mecha so much, intention was Kamome to be crew for Roc (it is the group's carrying plane) always, but it cannot happen (only for NPC character), so somehow she became like a protagonist too. She likes the sky and flying very much, like me. And of course, violin too. Some influence comes from Sora no Woto and Flying Red Wine Barrel protagonist too maybe. But probably she is better Crimson Pig character! But she has interesting relation to other characters. Most it is innocent admiring airhead relationship. "Can innocence be defended?" Maybe this is the theme I think.
    By the way, the picture is Kamome's most skillful scene. To save the Princess, the group fights in a sky prison. To escape, Kamome pilots Roc vertical direction and stop dangerously next to the sky platform. It was first time to think "Ah, Kamome can be very cool!" I hope she has such a chance again.
    [/table]
    ~*~

What character should I introduce next? Probably I will choose Mir.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja_penguin View Post
    If you're looking for song sketches, Kasanip, I've always liked this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpuHS...eature=related
    This song reminds me of my character recently played in Night Wizard TRPG game.
    Spoiler
    Show

I won't make full introduction, but she is Tomoko. She was a high school student of Kagura Private Academy. But she was class: Homunculus/Attacker. Sadly she died in climax scene to protect friends by fighting lieutenant boss character by herself. With self-destruction strategy, she succeed, but also died.

There was PM to me to ask about Japanese TRPG games. So I wanted to say a little. There are many Japanese TRPG games. Some are fantasy games (Arianrodアリアンロッド, Sword Worldソード・ワールド). There are mecha games (Angel Gearエンゼルギア) and supernatural Games (DoubleCrossダブルクロス, Night Wizardナイトウィザード,Touhou「東方」弾幕遊戯, Shinobigamiシノビガミ), there are heartwarming games (Yuuyake Koyakeゆうやけこやけ, Ryuutamaりゅうたま, Witch Questウィッチクエスト). There are many games, but it is difficult to find.

Most often it is to make one-time character. But if it is lucky, a group can be made and many adventures can be played together. Sometimes these adventures are written and become novels called "Replay." Sometimes these are very popular even people who don't like TRPG game. Sometimes it becomes cartoon, like Lodoss or Night Wizard.

Most style of game use d6 dices for judgement values. It is easy to find these dices. Using 2d6 judgement values is popular.

Last year I tried to start a forum rp game. I was use some of the rules of a heartwarming game "Ryuutama." To make a setting from my amateur comic Tsukumonogatari. But there was some troubles, so it was stopped.
    But recently it seems there is some interest in Japanese TRPG games on this forum. Because there is a lot to teach and translate to English, It is difficult to play. Recently I was thinking maybe I should try again. I don't know what kind of game people want.
    Maybe either I would make supernatural or heartwarming game. Ryuutama is a travel story game. Witch Quest is like Ghibli movie Witch's Courier Service. Night Wizard is supernatural fighting with many option of character style.

21. - Top - End - #1161

Great that you're back! Kamome is cute, except that apparently she's also really cool, like in the sketch.

For some reason I imagined that you're somehow have similarities to kamome.

And yeah, eventhough you said you thought of her as a support character, for some reason I always thought that somehow she really feels like a main character.

I can't wait to see Mir's, if you're making it.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

Gah, too cute! And yes, Kamome always seemed most like a main character to me, of the "initially is very weak but gets awesome over time" type. Just look at how many main character elements are there:
    - the most idealistic group member whose views are often challenged by the world around her
    - her mentor sacrificed himself to save her from dying
    - develops a special power over the course of the story
    - spends most of the time from the group talking and developing bonds with various NPCs
    - has moments of surprising badassery
    - <GIANT SPOILERS HERE>
    Of course there's no real main character in an RPG, but you can't argue all those points are there!

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1163

anyway, we really should stop intimidating her like this.

Don't worry about the humanoid crow, kasanip. Just play kamome as kamome.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1164

Kamome is a newtype that isn't abhorrently retarded.

Just seeing that picture makes me want to do some sort of sky-pirates campaign... maybe I'll work it into what I'm doing already.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

Always there are high expectations for Kamome from other players.
    I wish I had confidence for Kamome.

Sorry, it is just music sketch for とある科学の超電磁砲」

Spoiler
    Show

Pair and team supporting character always are the best I think.

School and violin practice is busy.
    I am trying to make Mir profile, but the picture is uncooperative.
    I forgot about art improve thread. Also not having time for posts, I'm feeling so busy.
    I don't like winter very much. I hope it does not snow in the morning.

I feel like depression. I know there is a lot of support. It was nice support that was suggested to start this thread. Thank you everyone for support.

I used to make many avatar and gifts for people, but recently I don't. I always like giving gift to people. But, I haven't finished earlier requests now. I wish I could make people happy. I wish I can make my family happy. I wish 2012 becomes good year.

I wonder if I have changed? It is a scary feeling.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2012-01-23 at 11:14 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh? Why didn't I have this thread subscribed anymore? I really should've...

Anyways, greetings Kasanip! Good to see you're still here. I somehow thought you'd vanished from the face of earth.

Don't know if you've changed, but if you have, hopefully it's for the better. I wish you get over any depressed feelings soon.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry to hear that your life's not going too well. Hope it gets better.

Kamome's profile motivated me to take MSP off-hiatus, at least. So rest assured your work is inspiring people and making them feel better!

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't known you for long enough to say if you've changed. But you're definitely still making people happy. Me, for example. You made a wonderful sketch for me, and then shrank it down to avatar size as soon as I asked if I could use it as one, and the piece, as well as the fact that you were perfectly willing to make it as a gift, made me very happy, and still do. Sounds like you're having a rough time. I hope things get better for you soon.

The same thing applies to the works you post here; I didn't request them, but they still look beautiful, and that's enough to make me feel happier, and glad that you're producing things like them.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-01-24 at 06:39 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1169

One constant factor to account for is that peoples' moods tend to dip around colder seasons. That said, there's no need to be distraught about "not making people happy". You'll eventually finish whatever you're doing and those people can be happy then, not before- it's not a race, after all.

As you can tell, you've got a topic full of people supporting you and what you do (even if it is just over the internet). We're all changing all the time, but there are some constants- there are still people being inspired by this thread or posting support in it all the time.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

I hope you start feeling better soon, Kasanip. And don't worry, requests and gifts or not, it always makes me a little happier to see anything you've posted!