New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Zombies In The Playground! A New Look on Zombie Survival

With the release of the acclaimed first-person shooter game Call of Duty: World At War, a new apocalpyse was released in the form of the world-famous unlockable, a game called Nazi Zombies.

A wave defense game, Nazi Zombies involves the harrowing battle royale of four brave Marines who survive wave after wave of bloodthirsty zombies. These zombies become faster and stronger with every passing wave, eventually overwhelming the survivors if they do not coordinate their efforts to exterminate the living dead. Now, you can to!

In this game of Nacht der Untoten von Reise auf dem Spielplazt, you as the survivors must use your wits and your weapons to kill as many zombies as you possibly can, and survive their onslaught in the process.

The BIG 16:

Spoiler
    Show
    1.) This game will be run on D20 Modern/Future/Past/Whatever. Urban Arcana is allowed.

2.) This game can be set anywhere.

3.) I am looking for at least four players. If this works then I will accept more players.

4.) Umm, duh?

5.) Everyone will start at 1st level. Players should be able to advance quickly in this game.

game if they play their card well--otherwise they will be left without a gun, without a BAB, and zombie food.

6.) Every player will purchase their gear with a +8 Wealth bonus.

7.) Whatever so long as it is D20 Modern/Future/Past/Whatever. No Homebrew. Urban Arcana is allowed.

8.) Human is preferred. Other races from D20 Whatever/Urban Arcana are allowed, but remember that more Effective Levels equals more zombies, which will strain everyone else.

9.) 32 point buy. See gameplay for Hitpoints.

10.) No restrictions on alignment, but don't kill other survivors because of it (you will

only become lunch faster).

11.) Multi-classing is allowed.

12.) Rolls for will be done on the thread. Random Weapon Crate rolls will be rolled by GM.

See Gameplay for rules.

13.) The game will be played using NURS rules.

14.) Character background is optional.

15.) Hack. Slash. Wipe off zombie guts. Repeat.

16.) Use D20 rulebooks. Players will not be restricted in sources so long as they are citable and non-homebrew.

The Waves:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Each wave will consist of a number of zombies which will advance towards the players. There will be a number of zombies advancing towards the survivors equal to...

# of players -DECIMAL- (Average player level + Any level adjustments) X (Wave number)

These zombies will be thrown at the player in groups of 1d6 per group, and each group will arrive every 1d10+1 rounds. This will certainly give you enough time to free yourselves if you are bogged down by zombies (I hope).

After each wave, you will have 1 hour of game time to steel yourselves for the next wave. Do not worry about sleep--see Players.

The Players
    Spoiler
    Show
    Each player will recieve a number of hitpoints equal to their Constitution Score. IN the event that a player is reduced to 0 hitpoints, they are dropped prone and are able to perform a single standard action per round EXCEPT an action that causes movement. They will die within (Constitution Modifier x 1.5) rounds (never lower than 1 round) unless they are picked back up by another player. A Downed player recieve a +5 circumstance bonus to their Reflex saves against autofire attacks and may keep their Dexterity bonus against such attacks. All hitpoints are then restored upon being raised. If a player does bleed out, they die. All equipment and weapons are removed from their possession upon death. At the End of each Wave, they will be returned to life as a True Resurrection (i.e. full everything). They will be respawned with 1 (ONE) randomized weapon and 5 (FIVE) full magazines/reloads. Players will not require food or sleep, and the hour between waves is equivalent to enough time and rest needed to regain spells, heal other players, and can be equated to 8 hours of complete rest.

Pick Up Another:
    The Pick Up Another Action is a Full-Round Action that a player can perform to prevent another player from bleeding out. on the round that a player is being Picked Up, the effects of their bleeding out are paused. When the player is successfully picked up, the picked up player's hitpoints are restored to full. Pick Up Another provokes attacks of Opportunity. If the player performing the Pick Up Another is struck in melee, the Pick Up Another action fails and the player continues to bleed out as normal.

If all players are downed, then the game will end.

The Zombies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    These are the same zombies that can be found within the D20 Modern Core Rulebook. They are Human Zombies. Each Zombie will give the player who kills it 100xp. Every other player will recieve 50xp for the kill. These zombies will continue to move to and attack a player until they are destroyed. If the zombies Down a player they will ignore him and move to other players. A Downed player will not impede the movement of the zombies.

This game uses the Random Weapon Crate, which can be found here.

Tell me what you think about it
    Last edited by IncarnumJunkie; 2010-01-13 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Wrong title
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Zombies In The Playground! A New Look on Zombie Survival

Nacht der Untoten von Reise auf dem Spielplatz, better known as NURS, is now recruiting! Check it out at the link!

There are at current 4 players per game, but if we run out of room on one game we can start another game as well!
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

What would the chances be of you setting up a game of this kind, only in normal DnD? I want to join, but I've never played DnD modern, and it may take some time to get the books and actually understanding how it works :P
    [Insert witty comment here]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Argetlam15 View Post
    What would the chances be of you setting up a game of this kind, only in normal DnD? I want to join, but I've never played DnD modern, and it may take some time to get the books and actually understanding how it works :P
    I was actually thinking of doing that sort of thing with my friends. However, something must be done about Clerics, the Turn-undead ability would make them outshine almost everyone else. You could nerf them, but I unsure about it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by IncarnumJunkie View Post
    The Players
    Each player will recieve a number of hitpoints equal to their Constitution Score. IN the event that a player is reduced to 0 hitpoints, they are dropped prone and are able to perform a single standard action per round EXCEPT an action that causes movement. They will die within (Constitution Modifier x 1.5) rounds (never lower than 1 round) unless they are picked back up by another player. A Downed player recieve a +5 circumstance bonus to their Reflex saves against autofire attacks and may keep their Dexterity bonus against such attacks. All hitpoints are then restored upon being raised. If a player does bleed out, they die. All equipment and weapons are removed from their possession upon death. At the End of each Wave, they will be returned to life as a True Resurrection (i.e. full everything). They will be respawned with 1 (ONE) randomized weapon and 5 (FIVE) full magazines/reloads. Players will not require food or sleep, and the hour between waves is equivalent to enough time and rest needed to regain spells, heal other players, and can be equated to 8 hours of complete rest.

Pick Up Another:
    The Pick Up Another Action is a Full-Round Action that a player can perform to prevent another player from bleeding out. on the round that a player is being Picked Up, the effects of their bleeding out are paused. When the player is successfully picked up, the picked up player's hitpoints are restored to full. Pick Up Another provokes attacks of Opportunity. If the player performing the Pick Up Another is struck in melee, the Pick Up Another action fails and the player continues to bleed out as normal.

If all players are downed, then the game will end.
    I'm planning to play a tough hero, and some aspects of these rules are unclear. The talent Robust adds 1hp for every level of tough that you take. What effect does it have here?

Also what happens with negative hitpoints, do the players act as if they're on 0hp or as per normal?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

The SRD for Modern may be found HERE.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well for this game, the SRD is not taken into account. A different set of rules are used for this game.

The Bleed Out function in this game simulates the function of Nazi Zombies where after being Downed, you have a limited amount of time that another player has to Pick You Up before you bleed out and die.

In this game, when reduced to 0hp, instead of being disabled you are Downed. You are knocked prone and take the listed bonus to Reflex saves against Autofire attacks, as well as keep their Dexterity bonus to AC.

Players have a limited amount of time before they die from bleeding out. This time is a number of rounds equal to your Constitution modifier. If you are successfully Picked Up, you are brought back to your feet with all hitpoints restored. If you die, you lose all equipment and weapons, and respawn at the end of the wave with 1 Random Weapon and 5 reloads.
    Click Here

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show