New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Glyph Master Core Class WIP

Powering up rocks AFTER each fight, and then handing them to the (halfling) fighter is then the best use of this class in most situation. When initiative hits, take full defense, unless the fighter is running low....
    Unfortunately said halfling fighter would activate the glyphs when he touches them, that's why subtle glyph is such a high level, to prevent that kind of cheese.
    Last edited by katarl; 2010-03-06 at 02:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, right... that helps a lot actually. Gotta use your one attack bonus if you go with rocks...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, just to confirm...

Sling bullet+Glyph=ranged touch attack to trigger glyph

EDIT: Also, under the Scribe Glyph class feature scribing a Tier one Glyph is a move action. However, under the Trigger Glyphs section scribing a glyph "to affect a single square" is a full round action. I'm confused...
    Last edited by Forever Curious; 2010-03-06 at 09:04 PM.
    Kaalia Verk avatar by Rauthiss.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm loving this concept so far.

Do you have any Racial Substitution Levels planned? If nothing else, Illumians would be a must. I'm thinking perhaps melding their headglyphs with classglyphs, returning continuous glyphs as a racial bit (I never saw them, so I don't know how overpowering it may be, perhaps at a reduced power?), or simply being able to have more active.

Perhaps instead of Sense Protections an Illumian's racial glyph resonance becomes stronger. Either that or the Latent Warding alters slightly so that is offers half against all spells and supernatural but doubles against word/glyph based stuff.

So many ideas, but I'm so terrible at putting them together coherently. XD
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sling bullet+Glyph=ranged touch attack to trigger glyph
    The bullet would have to be flat, at least on one side, and i don't like the idea of people 'flinging' glyphs using slings, so i may have to put in a minimum size.

Also, under the Scribe Glyph class feature scribing a Tier one Glyph is a move action. However, under the Trigger Glyphs section scribing a glyph "to affect a single square" is a full round action. I'm confused...
    Yes, this was definitely a mistake, i've rectified this.

Do you have any Racial Substitution Levels planned? If nothing else, Illumians would be a must. I'm thinking perhaps melding their headglyphs with classglyphs, returning continuous glyphs as a racial bit (I never saw them, so I don't know how overpowering it may be, perhaps at a reduced power?), or simply being able to have more active.
    That's a very good idea, illumians would definitely fit the concept, though i'm only working on the absolute basics of the class for now, i'll come back to racial substitutions when the mechanics themselves have been perfected.

Perhaps instead of Sense Protections an Illumian's racial glyph resonance becomes stronger. Either that or the Latent Warding alters slightly so that is offers half against all spells and supernatural but doubles against word/glyph based stuff.
    Increasing the strength of the resonance is definitely an option, but the latent warding of an illumian in this case would be truly massive if it were doubled, you'd be better off granting immunity instead.

I'm loving this concept so far.