New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Henshin-A-Go-Go, Baby! (DnD 3.5 Supplement WIP, PEACH)

Hey, sorry for the absence. Just currently posting to let you guys know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I'll get around to these posts in due course. In the meantime, I've also been working on a PrC, something of a Sentai answer to the Dark Magical Girl. I'll try to put up the beginnings of it when I can.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

Just plain awesomeness. that is all.
    Ia! Ia! Cthulu Ftagn!
    Spread Hugs, not Drugs!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Henshin-A-Go-Go, Baby! (DnD 3.5 Supplement WIP, PEACH)

Hey poeple just got an idea about some mahou shojo class abillities.
    basically the idea in that you would select a thematic Archetype tied to you Cause at 1st level, such as Maid ( rogue/face type with maid fluff and any and all trappings thereof. ) or Miko/priestess (divine spells divination, spirit binding, ofuda) or a kaitou (gentleman thief, look it up on tv tropes.)
    Now I propose that these Archetype work as bloodlines except don´t buy them with levels. Instead you get the minor perks automaticly, and the intermediate and major ones (like ability boosts, spells, Lovely beam upgrades/invocatons and metamagics) have prerequisities like feats.
    Wll try to whip up some examples once I have the time.
    What do you say about this?
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2010-02-16 at 12:11 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScIaDrd View Post
    Hey poeple just got an idea about some mahou shojo class abillities.
    basically the idea in that you would select a thematic Archetype tied to you Cause at 1st level, such as Maid ( rogue/face type with maid fluff and any and all trappings thereof. ) or Miko/priestess (divine spells divination, spirit binding, ofuda) or a kaitou (gentleman thief, look it up on tv tropes.)
    Now I propose that these Archetype work as bloodlines except don´t buy them with levels. Instead you get the minor perks automaticly, and the intermediate and major ones (like ability boosts, spells, Lovely beam upgrades/invocatons and metamagics) have prerequisities like feats.
    Wll try to whip up some examples once I have the time.
    What do you say about this?
    I'd be disagreeing with the idea on various terms.

Maid archetypes (and by definition, butler and head maid archetypes) are strikingly different from Sentai or Magical Girl archetypes. A maid MAY be a magical girl and viceversa, but they are treated through separate means; a Magical Girl's cover identity would be a maid, or a Sentai's cover identity would be a butler, but that doesn't mean the archetype is what gives them their powers. Kaitou (noble thieves or gentlemen thieves, as you call them) are also another archetype that doesn't need to have Sentai powers. Kaitou could work as a Prestige Class for Sentai and Magical Girl, however; the thing is that Kaitou are also a pretty independent archetype. Shrine Maiden or Shinto Priest archetypes are covered by different means; Shugenja is where you should be looking at, which should cover (albeit imperfectly) the archetypes of Shugenja, Shrine Maiden, Shinto Priest and Omnyoji.

Second is that if you introduce those archetypes, you'll be dangerously approaching what BESM deals with. There's a d20 version of BESM which has the classes and feats that you seek. The purpose of this project is to use the d20 rules and make it compatible with the setting, however insane as that may seem. Evidently, we use modern world references (such as Bang, for example), but the idea is that Sentai are used as if they were on a high fantasy setting.

Third and most important, Mahou Shoujo is pretty much working fine. Most of the abilities from the Mahou Shoujo are taken from invocation classes (Warlock/Dragonfire Adept) and others are taken from the Sentai class that's already developed (mostly the use of Charisma for nearly everything). There will be some differences, of course, but the idea is that the Magical Girl will in the end be a pretty much magic-inclined version of a heroic Sentai. In fact, while it says Mahou Shoujo, it has the intention of being open to males, in case you haven't noticed.

If the idea were to adapt those archetypes as part of a high-fantasy setting and not as an independent concept, then BESM would be a better idea. We could certainly adapt some of the concepts (given that DN Angel and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne have examples of over-the-top noble thieves), but it has to follow that same idea to make it a different path from BESM.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Although, the defensive feel that he is proposing for the Priestess wouldn't be that bad of an idea for one of the Magical Girl's causes. Maybe including an effect that duplicated Shield, or Circle of Protection (at appropriate levels, of course). It would be a magical girl with a defensive bent, and maybe a few specialty powers to work on Outsiders / Undead. And depending on how things work, maybe other, specialized abilities based on the spirit(s) she worships.

Just an idea I had while reading. Frankly, the Sentai/Magical Girl classes in general are quite amazing. When this finished, I am so playing one in the next campaign I'm in.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SephlidJam View Post
    Although, the defensive feel that he is proposing for the Priestess wouldn't be that bad of an idea for one of the Magical Girl's causes. Maybe including an effect that duplicated Shield, or Circle of Protection (at appropriate levels, of course). It would be a magical girl with a defensive bent, and maybe a few specialty powers to work on Outsiders / Undead. And depending on how things work, maybe other, specialized abilities based on the spirit(s) she worships.
    Interesting counter-point. Of course, the way Causes and Appeals work isn't particularly complete as of yet, but we have a more solid idea of how it can be dealt with.

Thing is, as it's going, the set of abilities gained by means of Causes and Appeals doesn't mesh well with the idea of animism or Shrine Maidens. Animism is a concept that's already explored somewhat in the game (Spirit Shaman), and Shrine Maidens are also an explored concept (Shugenja, for example); the biggest of those concepts is that it threads too much into completely inclusive anime archetypes which will end in the inevitable "why not play BESM d20 then?", when the idea is to introduce the concept of Sentai (heroes with classy suits that fight enemies with their sheer willpower in the name of justice) and Magical Girl (heroines with pretty suits that fight enemies with their attachment to love and justice), as well as all that implies. We're using Mecha Pilot lore somewhat (not everything or anything, most specifically bits and pieces such as phrases), but Mechas aren't the main concept; Powered Suits, given that they cross both the Mecha genre and the Sentai genre, are considered through means of a PrC (Golemsuited)

However, associating a Cause thematically with a concept isn't quite far off in terms of how it would apply. You could consider that a Magical Girl will quite probably assume a set of defensive abilities (perhaps stuff like Shield of Faith, Protection from Evil, etc.) and link it to a better known concept, but still retaining the main idea of being a Magical Girl instead of the concept. A Magical Girl with roguish abilities (such as...say, Find Traps, Knock, Detect Snares and Pits and perhaps Arcane Eye as equivalent invocations) could be associated with the Kaitou, but not exactly BE a Kaitou, since a Kaitou involves stealing for the very idea of proving that anything can be stolen, and some of the most daring thefts are of immaterial things, which are concepts that don't mingle well with love and justice. Equally, a character that gains banishment abilities could be associated with Shrine Maidens.

It's a good counterpoint since it brings up a different way of seeing the proposal, however.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

As for the Sentai/Bard hybrid, it ought to have some method of directly using it's musical powers offensively, or at least using them to conjure something offensive.

Something along these lines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS5RyK9XC3k
    Campaign:
    The Secret of Trottleburg IC OOC

Characters:
    Misrahi Laroux of The Times They Are A-Changing
    #14 of Frenzied Entourage
    Lilen Zheng of Trouble in Tashwell
    Wilbur Rustbreath of Starting a Blue Dawn
    Lilen Avatar by Darwin. The rest by me.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sciencepanda View Post
    As for the Sentai/Bard hybrid, it ought to have some method of directly using it's musical powers offensively, or at least using them to conjure something offensive.

Something along these lines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS5RyK9XC3k
    Approved so hard it is almost offensive. Just as offensive as sticking the blunt side of your Sentai lute into the fleshy body of a fiend and pulling off a face-melting solo.

Which reminds me: whomever does the Sentai/Bard hybrid (be it me or someone else, but this is for the someone else) must by definition add a class ability called "Face Melting Solo" where you essentially...do something that melts faces. With a solo.

Wait, that's called Dragonfire Inspiration: Fire-or-Acid shoot-ya'-in-the-face. Still, Face Melting Solo...mmm...

And just because this has to be topped or equaled somehow...
    Find a group of songs with attitude!
    On Lawful Good:

9. - Top - End - #69

A few more Sentai feats, because you can never have enough options.

Into the Fray [Sentai]
    "Who wants some?!"
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class ability, Tumble 5 ranks
    Benefit: Your grace allows you to move about without leaving yourself open to attack. A number of times per day equal to your Dexterity Modifier, you can activate this feat as a Free Action. You can take 10 on Tumble Skill Checks even if in a situation where you wouldn't normally be able to. Alternately, you can make a normal roll with a +5 Competency bonus.

Special: You can spend 1 use of the Flashy Acrobatics feat to activate this feat. If you do, you gain any Morale Bonuses Flashy Acrobatics would provide for the duration of this round, and do not count this use towards your per day limit of this feat. Increase the Morale Bonus provided by Flashy Acrobatics by 1.

If you have the Mobility feat, you gain a dodge bonus to AC equal to 1 per five character levels. This applies to all attacks done until the end of the next round.

Law of Concentration of Hot Blood [Sentai]
    "I'll take you all on!"
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class ability, Into the Fray feat
    Benefit: As a true hero, number alone cannot overcome you. When there are more then one enemy creatures adjacent to you, you gain a competence bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to the number of adjacent enemies within your threat range. This bonus is reduced by each time you defeat an enemy.

Special: If you have the Whirlwind Attack feat, you can make a second attack while using this feat, and you apply the benefits from feats, spells and special abilities in each of these attacks.
    If you have the Loner feat, you gain twice the competence bonus to attack and damage rolls, plus a competence bonus to Armor Class equal to the number of creatures surrounding you.

Multitasking Brawler [Sentai]
    "There's plenty to go around!
    Benefit: You're used to being outnumbered, so simply surrounding you won't work. Once per encounter, when flanked, you can activate this feat as an immediate action to count yourself as not being flanked for a number of turns equal to half your class levels in Sentai or Mahou Shoujo (counting the turn this feat is activated).

Special: If you have the Improved Uncanny Dodge class ability, you treat your Sentai or Mahou Shoujo class levels to the level that grants this ability for purposes of its benefit.

Aggressive Evasion [Sentai]
    "Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!"
    Benefit: If you're attacked or targeted by a single target spell when there's an adjacent enemy creature (other then the attacking creature), and the attack misses, you may roll a Reflex saving throw, with the save DC being the result of the opponent's attack roll. If successful, treat the adjacent creature as the target of that attack or spell.

Dramatic Declaration [Sentai]
    "That it! You've wrecked my house, raided my village, and stole our food! I'm taking you down!"
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class ability, In the name of...!!! feat
    Benefit: Once per encounter, when declaring an attack, you make a dramatic declaration towards the target as a free action. This can be anything from a catch phrase, a list of wrongs they committed, or a statement of your ire towards them. If the next attack you make is successful, double the damage dealt.

Special: If you have the Team Player feat, grant the effects of this feat to any ally attacking the same creature during this round. If you have the Loner feat, this effect applies to the first attack you do on your turn for the next 3 turns or until combat ends, whichever comes first.
    Last edited by UserShadow7989; 2010-02-26 at 12:03 AM.
    Thanks to Akrim.elf for the avi of my OC.

Homebrewer's signature.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

(I'm wiped, man... got the table of contents up, and I THINK I have all of the feats listed and up to date. I may not, though... I'll double check in a bit.)

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Brother View Post
    (I'm wiped, man... got the table of contents up, and I THINK I have all of the feats listed and up to date. I may not, though... I'll double check in a bit.)
    Missed posts 47, 60, and 69. Though the feats in 60 and 69 haven't been scrutinized yet. Other then that, I don't see any missing.

EDIT: Scratch 60 and 69, you got those. How come I can notice tiny things out of place but never something sitting in the open?

EDIT2: Okay, so I was partially mistaken again. None of the stuff in 60 was noted either.
    Last edited by UserShadow7989; 2010-03-03 at 10:16 PM.

Homebrewer's signature.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here I come with some more feats

[Sentai Diving KICK!! [Sentai]
    Prerequisites: Henshin! class feature, Sentai KICK!, Strength 13, Jump 8 ranks
    Benefit: When fighting unarmed and making a charge attack, or if using the Sentai KICK! feat, you deal a powerful kick that pushes the enemy away. Make a Jump check (with a DC equal to 10 + the creature's HD) as part of the charge action. If you succeed on the skill check, you may make your attack roll as usual; if you succeed on this second roll, you are treated as if you had initiated a charging bull rush attempt. The creature being attack may not execute an attack of opportunity as part of this action. If you fail your attack roll or your Jump check, you fall prone in a square adjacent to the creature and you provoke attacks of opportunity from it.
    Special: If you have the Flying Kick feat, you gain the benefits of this feat while using this ability even if you are not charging. Furthermore, if you reduce your base attack bonus by using the Power Attack feat to deal extra damage, you also apply this bonus to the opposed Strength check.
    Changed on UserShadow7989´s advice. Thank you.
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2010-03-11 at 11:00 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Well peeps, excuses for not doing the revision work so deeply. I was a tad worried between a slight combat and a homebrew I was working on and that I recently posted, so it's evident I wasn't on the mood to check up.

Couple that with an expected call, an expected pre-order game (Ragnarok DS...yes, I am weak. Your point?), and expecting an imported game (Super! Robot! Wars! A...PORTABLE!! With a heavy dose of Ahoseru on the go!)...

Still, I feel on the mood to work things out. Full tummy, listening to awesome song...let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by UserShadow7989 View Post
    Into the Fray [Sentai]
    "Who wants some?!"
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class ability
    Benefit: Your grace allows you to move about without leaving yourself open to attack. A number of times per day equal to your Dexterity Modifier, you can activate this feat as a Free Action. If you perform a Move Action in the same round, you do not provoke Attacks of Opportunity from creatures with a lower Dexterity Score then you for that Move Action.

Special: You can spend 1 use of the Flashy Acrobatics feat to activate this feat. If you do, you gain the Morale Bonus Flashy Acrobatics would provide to your Dexterity Score for the duration of your next Move Action this round, and do not count this use towards your per day limit of this feat. Increase the Morale Bonus provided by Flashy Acrobatics by 1.
    First...I don't recall very well the Flashy Acrobatics feat. Can't seem to find it on the feat list.

Second...this is basically a souped-up Mobility/auto-succeeding Tumble check, in which you essentially ignore attacks of opportunity. I could basically make it dependent on Mobility (which would make a lot of sense), but then again it's a difficult choice. I'd do the following: make the feat require at least 5 ranks in Tumble, then granting the character the ability to take 10 in Tumble even if stress and distractions normally prevent it. If you decide to make a roll, you gain a +5 competence bonus on Tumble checks.

Then, for the Special point, you can add "if you have the Mobility feat, you gain a dodge bonus to AC equal to 1 per five character levels. This applies to all attacks done until the end of the next round". That makes Mobility pretty useful, much better than what's supposed to be, and it makes Tumble equally as useful.

Multimook Melee [Sentai]
    "I'll take you all on!"
    Benefit: As a true hero, number alone cannot overcome you. When there are more then one enemy creatures adjacent to you, you can divide your Base Attack Bonus by the number of adjacent enemy creatures to attack all of them with a single Full Attack Action (round down).
    If the latter is a souped up Mobility, this is basically a weaker version of Whirlwind Attack. A VERY weak version, with the idea that you are reducing your BAB to attack all enemies at the expense of requirements. I'd go with the following:

Benefit: As a true hero, number alone cannot overcome you. When there are more then one enemy creatures adjacent to you, you gain a competence bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to the number of adjacent enemies within your threat range. This bonus is reduced by each time you defeat an enemy.
    Special: If you have the Whirlwind Attack feat, you can make a second attack while using this feat, and you apply the benefits from feats, spells and special abilities in each of these attacks.
    If you have the Loner feat, you gain twice the competence bonus to attack and damage rolls, plus a competence bonus to Armor Class equal to the number of creatures surrounding you.

I'd also call it the Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu. Though, this isn't a Ninja thread but a Sentai thread, so it's the Law of Concentration of Hot Blood.

Multitasking Brawler [Sentai]
    "There's plenty to go around!
    Benefit: You're used to being outnumbered, so simply surrounding you won't work. Once per encounter, when flanked, you can activate this feat as an immediate action to count yourself as not being flanked for the next (Sentai/Mahou Shoujo class levels/2) turns (counting the turn this feat is activated).
    Minor nitpick: it should be "for a number of turns equal to half your class levels in Sentai or Mahou Shoujo", not "for the next (Sentai/Mahou Shoujo class levels/2) turns". Also, it sounds a tad better to "deny an opponent the benefits of flanking" instead of "count yourself as not being flanked".

Finally, I'd add as Special:
    Special: If you have the Improved Uncanny Dodge class ability, you treat your Sentai or Mahou Shoujo class levels to the level that grants this ability for purposes of its benefit.

Aggressive Evasion [Sentai]
    "Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!"
    Benefit: If you're attacked or targeted by a single target spell when there's an adjacent enemy creature (other then the attacking creature), you can roll a DC (adjacent creature's CR +5) Reflex Save. If successful, treat the adjacent creature as the target of that attack or spell.
    Interesting. Though I'd make it a Reflex Save vs. the attack roll result of the creature, and only if the attack misses. As in "If you're attacked or targeted by a single target spell when there's an adjacent enemy creature (other then the attacking creature) and the attack misses, you may roll a Reflex saving throw, with the save DC being the result of the opponent's attack roll. If successful, treat the adjacent creature as the target of that attack or spell."

Dramatic Declaration [Sentai]
    "That it! You've wrecked my house, raided my village, and stole our food! I'm taking you down!"
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class ability
    Benefit: Once per day, when declaring an attack, you make a dramatic declaration towards the target as a free action. This can be anything from a catch phrase, a list of wrongs they committed, or a statement of your ire towards them. If your attack is successful, double the damage dealt. If the attack fails, you can redo the attack roll once to try again for normal damage.

Special: If you have the Team Player feat, grant the effects of this feat to any ally attacking the same creature during this round. If you have the Loner feat, this effect lasts for your next 3 attacks against the target or until combat ends, whichever comes first.
    Excellent feat, though I'd add as prerequisite the feat In the name of...!!!, and I'd remove the last sentence of the benefit. Basically, you can once per day make an attack deal double damage, but if you fail, you essentially lose the benefit since you don't hit at all. I'd also make it once per encounter, or once per day per X class levels, whichever is more fitting. Although, if it's per day uses, I'd say that if the attack fails you still deal normal damage as if you had succeeded on the attack roll; thus, it is an auto-hit, and you're basically confirming if it's a crit or not.

However, that should be very specific: it applies only to the next attack you make. For purposes of the Loner feat, it applies only to the first attack you do on your turn for the next 3 turns or until combat ends, whichever comes first.

Flying Kick [Sentai]
    Boom...headshot.
    Prerequisites: Strength 13, Jump 4 ranks, Balance 4 ranks, Diminutive or larger size.
    Benefit: Select one creature to which you have line of sight and that you can reach. Make a Jump check as part of your movement; if the result equals or exceeds the creature's AC, you make a long jump and hit it with a flying kick. The attack deals Xd6 bludgeoning damage, where X is your grapple modifier, plus one extra die of damage per ten feet of movement speed beyond 30 feet. No matter the result of the attack, you land afterwards either in the opponent's square or at an adjacent square, determined randomly. If you fall the check by less than five, you can make a DC15 Balance check to land on your feet. If you fail by 6 or more, you fall prone in the target space. Using this feat requires a standard action.
    Words in italics are orthographical corrections. Not exactly punishing you for that, but it makes it a tad easier to read. However, that doesn't mean I agree with the feat benefit.

First, there's already a feat in Complete Warrior called Flying Kick. It's a feat that has a lot of requirements, and basically it's a charge while attacking with an unarmed strike that allows you to deal extra damage. The extra damage is 1d12, which isn't exactly powerful by any means.

Second, the benefit goes real bad real fast. Basically, it's 1d6 per each point of BAB AND Strength modifier you get, which means you can get to deal something along the lines of 5d6 with a standard action at first round, just by making an easy Jump check; the AC of CR 1 creatures doesn't exceed 16; someone with Strength 18 and 4 ranks succeeds on an 8 or less. Enter level 2, and you can use the Tumble synergy benefit to succeed on a 6 or less; that nets a single 6d6 damage.

I'd rewrite it to this:
    Sentai Diving KICK!! [Sentai]
    Prerequisites: Henshin! class feature, Sentai KICK!, Strength 13, Jump 8 ranks
    Benefit: When fighting unarmed and making a charge attack, or if using the Sentai KICK! feat, you deal a powerful kick that pushes the enemy away. Make a Jump check (with a DC equal to 10 + the creature's HD) as part of the charge action. If you succeed on the skill check, you may make your attack roll as usual; if you succeed on this second roll, you are treated as if you had initiated a charging bull rush attempt. The creature being attack may not execute an attack of opportunity as part of this action. If you fail your attack roll or your Jump check, you fall prone in a square adjacent to the creature and you provoke attacks of opportunity from it.
    Special: If you have the Flying Kick feat, you gain the benefits of this feat while using this ability even if you are not charging. Furthermore, if you reduce your base attack bonus by using the Power Attack feat to deal extra damage, you also apply this bonus to the opposed Strength check.

--

So...opinions? Comments? Can I do shameless self-promotion? What else can I do?
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 2010-02-25 at 10:52 PM.
    On Lawful Good:

14. - Top - End - #74

Made the suggested changes. The Flashy Acrobatics feat is in post 60, the last post of the previous page if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Few more. I don't know if I'm doing too many or too few of these, but the class is too cool not to do so many feats for.

Righteous Assault [Sentai]
    "This sword of mine glows with my burning desire for justice! All who stand in the name of evil, begone! SHINING BLADE!!!"
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class feature
    Benefit: Once per encounter, when performing an attack or using the Lovely Burst class feature on a single creature, you can roll against the target's AC four times with a -8 untyped penalty. Multiply the damage done by the number of successful rolls +1. The damage is multiplied before factoring in damage resistance, or other bonuses or penalties. If the initial attack roll fails, you may treat a successful roll for this feat's effect instead. This feat can be taken up to 2 more times, increasing the number of dice rolled by 2 and reducing the penalty by 1 for each.

Leading the Charge [Sentai]
    "They may take our lives, but they will never! Take! Our! FREEDOM!"
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class feature, Teamplayer feat
    Benefit: Your hot blood brings forward the inner strength and courage of your allies. When an ally attacks the same creature you attacked in the same round, grant a Morale Bonus to their Attack and Damage rolls equal to the number of attacks made after yours that target that creature +1.

Clash of Virtues [Sentai]
    "Back off! This one is mine!
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class feature, Loner feat
    Benefit: As a free action, make an opposed Charisma check against a non-mindless target. If successful, the target and the Sentai can only target each other with their attacks, spells, and spell-like abilities. Effects used by either that cover an area or don't target must be positioned to affect the user or the enemy. Other creatures can still be effected if within the area of effect. This lasts until one or both are unable or unwilling to fight. During this time, other creatures cannot target you or the creature you specified as a target for this feat. The effects of other creatures do not affect you or your selected opponent during this time, and visa-versa. The Loner feat acts as if you're alone for the duration of this feat.

Willpower [Sentai]
    "Yeah, I'm an idiot... but. That does NOT mean I'm gonna let some two-bit bookworm turn me into his meat puppet!" -Kandan Merobii, before shaking off a series of Charm Person and Suggestion spells and killing the horrified caster.
    Benefit: Your sheer force of personality compensates for lack of common sense. You may now apply you Charisma Modifier to your Will Save instead of your Wisdom Modifier. When making a Wisdom based skill check, you can also substitute your Wisdom Modifier with your Charisma Modifier by taking a -2 penalty to your roll.

Heroic Presence [Sentai]
    "Fear not, peasents!"
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class feature, Perform (Oratory) 3 ranks.
    Benefit: Once per encounter, as a full round action, you may channel your inner hero to draw the attention of all nearby. All non-mindless enemy creatures within 25 ft. of you must make a DC (10 + Sentai/Mahou Shoujo class levels/2) Will Save or become Fascinated for (Charisma modifier)d4 rounds or until they receive damage.

Special: If you have the Teamplayer feat, grant a +1 Morale Bonus to the attack and damage rolls of all allied creatures within the range of this feat for (Charisma modifier)d4 rounds. If you have the Loner feat, all enemy creatures within range of this feat receive a -1 Morale Penalty to attack and damage rolls for (Charisma modifier)d4 rounds.

Special Specs [Sentai]
    "They're not there just to look cool."
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class feature,
    Benefit: Your visor/glasses/insert eye ware here is no longer just for looks or concealing your face. While Henshin! or Pretty Up! is in effect, you gain a +2 to spot checks, +20 ft. to your normal range of sight, and either low light vision or darkvision out to 1/2 of your normal range of sight. If you already have low light vision or darkvision, increase the distance to equal your normal range of sight.

Your selection between low light vision and darkvision occurs when you take this feat, and cannot be changed later. You can take this feat a second time to double the bonus to spot checks and your normal range of sight, and receive both low light vision and darkvision.

Enhanced Suit [Sentai]
    Luxurious elven silk on the inner layers of the suit for maximized comfort, increased durability to deal with marauding Orcs, muscle stimulators to enhance mobility and prevent cramps, resistance to the elements, and self cleaning darling- that's a new feature.
    Benefit: Your suit or dress's list of features and abilities increases alongside your abilities. Select one of the following effects when you take this feat. Your selection cannot be changed afterwords.
    • Strength: You get a +1 competence bonus to Strength checks and damage rolls for physical attacks.
    • Durability: Gain a +1 deflection bonus to AC while Henshin! or Pretty Up! is in effect.
    • Agility: Your movement speed is increased by 10 ft. and you receive a +1 competence bonus to Dexterity checks while Henshin! or Pretty Up! is in effect.
    • Resistance: While Henshin! or Pretty Up! is in effect, add a +1 competence bonus to saves and a Spell Resistance of Charisma Modifier + (Sentai/Mahou Shoujo Class levels/4).
    • Lasting: Increase the duration of Henshin! or Pretty Up! by 1 round.

This feat can be taken multiple times. You can take this feat a maximum number of times equal to your Sentai and Mahou Shoujo class levels/3. You cannot take any individual effect provided by this feat more than twice.

Special: You cannot select this feat for the effects of "Experienced Warrior of Love and Justice!"

Super Suit [Sentai]
    The suit grants the powers. Why else would we run around a battlefield in our pajamas?
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class feature, Enhanced Suit feat
    Benefit: The clothes make the man. Select one of the following effects when you take this feat. You must have the equivalent Enhanced Suit bonus of the benefit you select twice. Your selection cannot be changed afterwords.
    • Strength: You get a +2 competence bonus to Strength checks, Grappling checks, and damage rolls for physical attacks.
    • Durability: Gain a +2 deflection bonus to AC while Henshin! or Pretty Up! is in effect. You receive (2 * level) Temporary Hit Points at the start of each Henshin! or Pretty Up! use. You lose any Temporary Hit Points you have left at the end of Henshin! or Pretty Up!'s effect.
    • Agility: Your movement speed is increased by 20 ft., you receive a +2 competence bonus to Dexterity checks, and you gain a +1 to your Dexterity Modifier for AC while Henshin! or Pretty Up! is in effect.
    • Resistance: While Henshin! or Pretty Up! is in effect, add a +1 competence bonus to saves and a Spell Resistance of Charisma Modifier + (Sentai/Mahou Shoujo Class levels/2). Reduce all non-physical non-force damage by 1 per die.
    • Lasting: At the end of Henshin! or Pretty Up!'s duration, you can make a DC(10 + X) Charisma check, where 'X' is the number of times this effect has activated this combat *3. If successful, increase the duration of Henshin! or Pretty Up! by 1 round.

Special: You cannot select this feat for the effects of "Experienced Warrior of Love and Justice!"

EDIT 2: I just thought of something. Should "In the name of...!", "Dramatic Declaration", and "Incoming Ham" require ranks in Perform (Oratory)?
    Last edited by UserShadow7989; 2010-03-09 at 07:19 PM.

Homebrewer's signature.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

I´ve reworked the old feat a bit. Feedback is still apprecitated.
    Combat throw {SENTAI},
    Sometimes, you just don´t have a weapon handy. Then it is time to defend justice with only the strenght of you arms and a bit of spirited determination.
    Prerequisites: Improved grapple Strength 13, improved unarmed attack, Henshin” or Pretty up! class feature BAB+5
    Benefit: Whenever you are targeted by a combat maneuver, , you can use an unarmed melee attack, as your attack of opportunity to use the following options:

Takedown throw: You grab an opponent and if you win a contested grapple check with a +2 comptence bonus, you throw your opponent off balance and into the ground dealing (1d8+Strength modifier) points of nonlethal bludgeoning damage. You can choose to inflict lethal damage instead, but you deal only half damage. The target falls prone in your space afterwards unless he makes a Relex save against DC of 10+ your Strength modifier.

Joint lock throw: If you pin an opponent you can make a strength check against DC of 10+the opponent’s Strength modifier. If you succeed you can throw the opponent. (the Strength check result-5) feet in any direction you want. He takes ( 1d8 + Strength modifier) points of nonlethal bludgeoning damage.You can choose to inflict lethal damage instead, but you deal only half damage. Additonally, he suffers a-4 circumstance penalty to skill checks and attack rolls (-6 while using a two handed weapon or two weapons. ) due to having a broken joint. This penalty lasts for 24 hours, or until the creature is successfully treated with a DC 15 Heal check, or until it receives at least 1 point of magical curing. The target can give the first aid to himself at a -2 carcumstance penalty)
    Special:This feat can also be selected as a fighter or monk bonus feat, in which case ignore the "Henshin” or "Pretty up!" class feature prerequisite.

Improved combat throw {SENTAI},
    Prerequisites: Combat throw , Strength 15, BAB+7 Henshin” or Pretty up! class feature.
    As you experince with rough close-quarter brawling grows, you discover new ways to fight.
    Benefit: Whenever you are targeted by a combat maneuver, , you can use an unarmed melee attack, as your attack of opportunity to use extra options
    Charge counter: : You can you can use a melee unarmed attack with a -2 circumstance penalty on attack roll to throw a foe who is charging or performing a bull rush over your back. He moves in the direction of the charge for a number of feet equal to (his double move- the distance moved while charging) taking ( 1d8 + Strength modifier) points of nonlethal bludgeoning damage per five feet of the distance travelled. You can choose to inflict lethal damage instead, but you deal only half damage. He must make a DC15 Reflex save at the end of his movement or fall prone.

Manhandle: When you pin an opponent the same size as you or smaller you can make a contested grapple check to lift the opponent overhead. Now you have two options:
    You can throw the opponent (10 + (15 for every size category smaller then you) + (strength score rounded to the nearest multiple of 5))ft. He takes (1d8 + Strength modifier) points of nonlethal bludgeoning damage per five feet of the distance travelled. You can choose to inflict lethal damage instead, but you deal only half damage. He must make a DC15 Reflex save at the end of his movement or fall prone.

Conversely, you can make a grapple check against a DC of (touch AC + dex mod + grapple mod) to slam the held opponent headfirst against the ground. He takes (1d12 + strength modifier+ 1 per every point you beat the DC by) points of nonlethal bludgeoning damage. You can choose to inflict lethal damage instead, but you deal only half damage. The target automatically falls prone in your square. When you hold an opponent aloft you receive a +8 circumstance bonus on Intimidate checks against anybody who can see you.
    Special:This feat can also be selected as a fighter or monk bonus feat, in which case ignore the "Henshin” or "Pretty up!" class feature prerequisite.

Once again, many thanks to UserShadow7989 for feeback.
    And why shouden´t people move farther if you judo throw them when they are charging? Its just inertia, a basic natural law. *Nyaaow-splatrch* There she goes!
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2010-03-13 at 04:39 AM.

Boring, duh.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry for a double post but I only want to help the development of the Mahou Shojo a bit. Since the warlock is the only one of the suggested classes that I´m remotely familiar with so I´ll be using that as a base. I also think it thematicaly fits the most. If you would like to use a Lurk and mantles instead, here is some information online.
    The idea is that the MS gets invocations and Lovely Burst essences like a warlock that are tied to the thematic frameworek of a Cause. The Cause also grants benefits smilar to domain powers.
    For the sake of fluff, the Dark level of invocations is renamed to Wondrous and eldrich essence invocations are renamed to burst essence invocations. Regular invocations are renamed to appeals. With this in mind any prepublished warlock invocations may be used provided they are thematically close to MS concepts or are refluffed appropriately.

Cause of Compassion
    Your heart feels deep compassion torwards your fellow living (or undead, as the case may be) creatures. Now that you´ve been granted arcane powers, you draw on you feelings to fuel your magic.
    Suggested alignment: Any good or neutral good.
    Cause power: Your Lovely Burst and spells can deal nonlethal damage at your option, but othewise function the same.
    Appeals:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Appeal of warding: You can use Protection against evil (or equivalent, as appropriate for you alignment) as the spell. Lesser invocaton. Effective spell level 3rd.

Appeal of sacrifice: You can use Share Pain as the power. Least invocation.Effective spell level 2nd

Appeal of protection: You can use Shield as the spell, but you can lend it to allies by touch. Least essence invocation. Effective spell level 1st.

Appeal of Sanctuary: You can use Sanctuary as the spell. Least essence invocation. Effective spell level 1st.

Burst of disarming: Any creature struck by your Lovely burst must make a Will save or drop any weapons it wields at her feet. Least burst essence invocation. Effective spell level 1st.

Appeal of aid:You can use Cure light wounds as the spell.. Least essence invocation. Effective spell level 1st

Appeal of purification: You can use Remove disease as the spell. Lesser essence invocation. Effective spell level 3rd

Hand of the guardian: You can use Interposing hand as the spell. Greater essence invocation. Effective spell level 5th

Appeal of vigilance: You can use Status as the spell. Least invocation. Effective spell level 2nd

Watchful patron: You can use Status, Greater as the spell. Lesser essence invocation. Effective spell level 4th

Forceful burst: Your Pretty burst functions as a Gust of wind spell but ground bound Medium creatues are blown back 1d4*5 feet.and take 1d6 points of nonlethal damage per 10 feet travelled. Large creaturest are stunned for 1 round unless they make a Fortitude save. Larger ceatues are not affected. A Pretty bust with this burst essence deals only half damage. Least burst essence invocation. Effective spell level 2nd.

Appeal of shielding: You use Shield other as the spell. Least invocation.Effective spell level 2nd.

Appeal of retribution: You useEnergy retort as the power, but with a range of Close. Lesser invocation. Effective spell level 3rd.

Asylum: You can useResilient sphere as the spell, but only on willing targets. Therefore, they don´t receive a saving throw to negtate the spell. Lesser invocation. Effective spell level 4th.

Sacred blast: You can use Bolt of glory as the spell. Nongood users receive a different spell of the same level instead. Greater essence invocation. Effective spell level 6th.

How is this? I´m feeling pretty good although it totally feels like a warlock ripoff.(which it basically is) There will be more, of course.
    EDIT: Here I go. I think that might be enough for one Cause, altiough it does lack in the higher levels department. PEACH and suggestions for more Causes and invocations are always welcome.
    EDIT: More stuff!!!

Cause of the Hunter
    You are a hunter ,and whether you want to strike your prey down, ensnare it in traps and binds, or just prove your strength, there is nothing that can escape your mark.
    Suggested alignment: Any chaotic or evil.
    Cause power: You gain the scent special ability. Its range doubles when you´re in your transformed state. This is a supernatural ability.
    Appeals:
    Spoiler
    Show

Friend of amimalsYou can use Speak with animals as the spell Least essence invocation. Effective spell level 1st.

Plant Guardian You enchant a plant to ensnare any character that comes within 20 feet of it.,, if the creatue does not speak a password (specifed by you when you cast the spell, o rif ti does not match some other criteria (as the Symbol spelsl) Treat the binds as ropes Dur: Week/3 lvls Greater essence invocation. Effective spell level 6th

Marking the quarry The creaeture struck by your Pretty burst must make a Will save or you get a +4 enhancment bonus on attack rolls and AC.against that creature This spells lasts fot 10 minutes/ caster level. A Pretty burst with this burst essence invocations deals no damage. You may have only one Marking the quarry active at any time. Lesser burst essence invocation. Effective spell level 3rd

Impeding blast: A creature struck by your Pretty burst must make a Will save or be slowed as the spell. . Lesser burst essence invocation. Effective spell level 3rd

Clear trail A creature struck by your Pretty burst must make a Will save or leave a faintly glowing trait behind it wherever it goes ,lowering the DC of Survival check made to track that creature by 4. for 1 day per caster level. A Pretty burst with this essence invocation deals no damage Lesser burst essence invocation. Effective spell level 3rd

Stone trap: You can useSpike stones as the spell.Lesser essence invocation. Effective spell level 4th.

Arcadian labyrinth: You can use Hallucinatory terrain as the spell. Lesser essence invocation. Effective spell level 4th.

Know your prey: You can use Locate creature as the spell. e Lesser ssence invocation. Effective spell level 4th

Thundering rage: You can use Call lightening as the spell. . Lesser essence invocation. Effective spell level 3rd

Swiftness. You can use Expeditous retreat as the spell. Least essence invocation. Effective spell level 1st

Devourig despair You can use Death urge as the power. Lesser essence invocation. Effective spell level 4th.

Ensnaring vines: You can use Entangle as the spell .Least essence invocation. Effective spell level 1st.

Bait you cast Symapthy as the spell.Wondous essence invocation Effective spell level 9th

Blend in: You can use Veil as the spell. Greater essence invocation. Effective spell level 6th.

Bind:You cna use Hold animal as the spell.. Least invocation. Effectice spell level 2nd.

Baraousel´s wrath: By invoking the name of the Havenly Hunter, you call down a storm of lightenig and thunder on your prey. You can use Call lightening storm as the spell Greater essence invocation. Effective spell level 5th.

Unerring arrow: You can use Magic Missile as the spell. Least essence invocation. Effective spell level 1st.
    Resist the wild: You use Endure elements as the spell. .. Least invocation. Effective spell level 1sr..

Stealthy hunter: you can use Hide from Animals as the spell Least essence invocation. Effective spell level 1st.

Salvo of missiles You use [I] Issac´s greater missile storm as the spell, but the missles deal 1d6 points of damage each.- Greater essence invocation. Effective spell level 6th.

Terrifying blast Any creatres that are struck by you Pretty burt and those present in a 30 foot circle centered around the burst must make a Will save or be frightened. .A pretty burst with this essence invocation deals no damage. Lesser burst essence invocation. Effective spell level 3rd.

Whew.. that was some seriously hard work. Alsso I must ask. Who around here is knowlegeable enough with warlock-y matters to do some balancing? It´d help a ton.
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2010-03-19 at 05:06 PM.

Boring, duh.

17. - Top - End - #77

I´ve reworked the old feat a bit. Feedback is still apprecitated.
    Combat throw {SENTAI},
    prerequisites: Improved grapple Strength 13, improved unarmed attack, Henshin” or Pretty up! class feature BAB+5
    Benefit: Whenever you are targeted by a combat maneuver, , you can use an unarmed melee attack, as your attack of opportunity to use the following options:
    Takedown throw: You grab an opponent and if you win a contested grapple check with a +2 bonus , you throw your opponent off balance and into the ground dealing (1d 8 + strength modifier) points of nonlethal bludgeoning damage. You can choose to inflict lethal damage instead, but you deal only half damage. The target falls prone in your space afterwards unless he make
    Joint lock throw: If you pin an opponent you can make a strength check against DC of 12+ the opponent’s strength modifier. If you succeed you can throw the opponent (the strength check result-5) feet in any direction you want. He takes ( 1d8 + strength modifier) points of nonlethal bludgeoning damage as above and a-4 circumstance penalty to skill checks and attack rolls (-6 while using a two handed weapon or two weapons) due to having a broken joint. This penalty lasts for 24 hours, or until the creature is successfully treated with a DC 15 Heal check, or until it receives at least 1 point of magical curing. The target can give the first aid to himself at a -2 penalty)
    Note:This feat can also b e treated as a fighter or monk bonus feat, in which case it loses the Sentai-specific prerequisites.

Improved combat throw {SENTAI},
    prerequisites: Combat throw , Strength 15, BAB+7 Henshin” or Pretty up! class feature
    b]Benefit:[/b] Whenever you are targeted by a combat maneuver, , you can use an unarmed melee attack, as your attack of opportunity to use extra options
    Charge counter: : You can you can use a melee unarmed attack with a -2 penalty on attack roll to throw a foe who is charging or performing a bull rush over your back. He moves in the direction of the charge for a number of feet equal to his double move- the distance moved while charging., taking damage as above per five feet of the distance travelled. He must make a DC15 Reflex save at the end of his movement or fall prone.
    Manhandle: When you pin an opponent the same size as you or smaller you can make amake a contested grapple check to lift the opponent overhead. Now you can either throw the opponent as above,, but add 1,5 Str. modifier to damage, or you can make a grapple check against a DC of (touch AC + dex mod + grapple mod) to slam the opponent headfirst against the ground. He takes (1d 12 + strength modifier+ 1 per every point you beat the DC by) points of nonlethal bludgeoning damage. You can choose to inflict lethal damage instead, but you deal only half damage. The target automatically falls prone in you square. When you hold an opponent aloft you receive a +8 circumstance bonus on Intimidate checks against anybody who can see you.

Note:This feat can also be treated as a fighter or monk bonus feat, in which case it loses the Sentai-specific prerequisites.
    I may not know how to balance, but I can still help. First, I'm gonna clean this up a bit:

Combat throw [SENTAI]
    [Insert flavorful description here]
    Prerequisites: Improved grapple, Improved Unarmed Attack, "Henshin” or "Pretty up!" class feature, Strength +13, BAB+5
    Benefit: Whenever you are targeted by a combat maneuver that provokes an attack of opportunity, you can perform one of the following as an unarmed melee attack for your attack of opportunity:
    • Takedown throw: Make a contested grapple check against the foe with a +2 competence bonus. If successful, you grab the attacker and throw them to the ground for either (1d8 + strength modifier) nonlethal bludgeoning damage, or half that as lethal bludgeoning damage. If the opponent does not make a [you didn't finish the sentence, I assume it's a Reflex Save], they fall prone in your space.
    • Joint lock throw: Make a grapple check to pin the attacker. If successful, you can make a DC (12 + opponent's strength modifier) strength check to throw the opponent (strength check result - 5) feet in any direction you want. The foe takes either (1d8 + strength modifier) points of nonlethal bludgeoning damage, or half that as lethal bludgeoning damage, and a -4 circumstance penalty to skill checks and attack rolls (-6 if using a two handed weapon or two weapons) due to their broken joint. This penalty lasts for 24 hours, until the creature is successfully treated with a DC 15 Heal check, or it receives at least 1 point of magical curing. The target can attempt the Heal check themselves with a -2 penalty.

Okay. For the Reflex Save for Takedown throw, I'd suggest DC (10 + strength modifier). For the Flavorful description, I'd say: Fighting up close and personal with nothing but your bare hands teaches many things. Most of which are painful for others.

Improved Combat Throw [SENTAI]
    [Insert flavorful description here]
    Prerequisites: Combat throw, "Henshin” or "Pretty up!" class feature, Strength +15, BAB+7
    Benefit: Whenever you are targeted by a combat maneuver that provokes an attack of opportunity, you can perform one of the following as an unarmed melee attack for your attack of opportunity:
    • Charge counter: Perform a melee unarmed attack with a -2 penalty on the attack roll to throw a charging or bull rushing enemy over your back. The target continues in the same direction a distance equal to his doubled movement - distance traveled while charging. Deal either (1d8 + strength modifier) nonlethal bludgeoning damage or half that as lethal bludgeoning damage for every 5 ft. they are thrown. The enemy must make a DC 15 Reflex Save at the end of this movement or fall prone.
    • Manhandle: Make a grapple check to pin the attacker. If the opponent pinned is equal to your size or smaller, make a contested grapple check to lift the opponent overhead. You can throw the opponent a distance of [Specify here. Since they might not have been charging and it doesn't make sense that that you throw them farther because of it, "same as above" doesn't help] to do either (1d8 + strength modifier * 1.5) nonlethal bludgeoning damage or half that as lethal bludgeoning damage for every 5 ft. they are thrown, or make a DC (touch AC + dexterity modifier + grapple mod) grapple check to slam them head first into the ground. The head slam does either (1d12 + strength modifier + 1 for every point you beat the DC by) points of nonlethal bludgeoning damage or half that as lethal bludgeoning damage. When holding a foe overhead, you gain a +8 bonus to Intimidate rolls against any creature that can see you.

For the Reflex Save of Charge counter, I'd recommend a DC of (DC 10 + strength modifier), same as with T.T. As for Manhandle's distance, I recommend the ability to throw the target anywhere up to (10 + (15 for every size category smaller they are) + (strength score rounded to the nearest multiple of 5)) ft. Don't know about the flavor text.

For Cause of Compassion, I love the flavor. Mechanically, I don't know. I think it was stated earlier that they wouldn't function like invocations, though that may just be the late night hours talking here. Regardless, it's awesome and gives the Mahou Shoujo some much needed love that it's been deprived of in favor of the Sentai.

EDIT: Another pair of feats, cause I can.

Hero's Instinct [Sentai]
    A real hero is always prepared.
    Prerequisites: "Henshin!" or "Pretty Up!" class feature, +10 ranks spread between Spot, Listen, and Search.
    Benefit: You more then anyone know to follow your gut. You can add half your charisma modifier rounded up to your dexterity modifier when you roll for initiative. In addition, when a surprise round occurs for an encounter you are a part of, you can take 10 on a roll to determine awareness.

Danger Sense [Sentai]
    "My Spider Sense is tingling!"
    Prerequisites: "Henshin!" or "Pretty Up!" class feature, Hero's Instinct feat, +20 ranks spread between Spot, Listen, and Search.
    Benefit: You can see your enemies coming, no matter how stealthy their cowardly ambushes or sudden their girly swings are. When a creature within (10 * Sentai/Mahou Shoujo class levels) ft. approaches you with malicious intent or a trap is within (5 * Sentai/Mahou Shoujo class levels) ft. of you, make a charisma check to instinctively notice the creature's position or the trap's position. The check to locate a creature is DC (10 + Creature's CR), and a check to locate a trap has the same DC as to disable it. Succeeding the former check by 8 or more grants a +2 to your Initiative if you fight the creature, and the latter grants a +2 to your Saves and Disable Device checks against the trap.

Special: If you have the Teamplayer feat, apply any bonuses from this feat to your allies. If you have the Loner feat, double any bonuses from this feat.

Explosive Pose
    "We fight for evil!" "We live for disorder!" "We like what we do!" "We struggle for chaos!" "We are..." "The AXEM RANGERS!" -The Axem Rangers, a rare example of a team of evil Sentai
    Prerequisites: "Henshin!" or "Pretty Up!" class features
    Benefit: In the turn you complete your transformation, you can spend a Move Action or Standard Action to strike a pose that causes sudden, random explosions. Any hostile creatures within (Charisma modifier x 5) ft. of you are caught by an inexplicable explosion, doing (Charisma modifier)d4 untyped nonlethal damage.

Special: If you have the Teamplayer feat, roll an additional 1d4 of untyped nonlethal damage for every ally that strikes a pose (again a Standard or Move action) with you. If you have the Loner feat, you can choose to reduce the number of d4 rolled to double the range of effect.

Dramatic Tension
    "Trust your dramatic instincts. The scene calls out to you, asking you to arrive in the nick of time. You just need to feel it..."
    Prerequisites: "Henshin!" or "Pretty Up!" class features
    Benefits: The drama and chaos around you only encourages your senses. (Sentai/Mahou Shoujo class levels)/4 times per day, when making a roll for a skill check in a tense situation that prevents you from taking 10, you can add a bonus to the roll equal to your Charisma modifier.
    Last edited by UserShadow7989; 2010-03-13 at 09:42 PM.

Homebrewer's signature.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm BACK! Okay... phew... let's see if I can get this back on track. Time to bolster the feat list...

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Okay, finished the feat list, when I feel real ambitious, I'll organize it. In the meantime, I'll be working on our first PrC. Keep a look out for it.

20. - Top - End - #80

I have two more feats, ready for use.

Bull Headed [Sentai]
    "You can't trick me, I'm too simple! ...wait..."
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class feature, Willpower feat
    Benefits: Whenever you are asked to make a Will Save to disbelieve something, or make an opposed check against a Forgery, Slight of Hand, Bluff, or Intimidate check, you may take 10 on that Save or opposed skill check.

Rally [Sentai]
    "Do not go gentle into that good night!"
    Prerequisites: Henshin! or Pretty Up! class feature, 9 ranks in Perform (Oratory), Teamplayer feat OR Loner feat
    Benefits: When preparing for a battle, leaders have been known to make moving speeches to increase moral. You may spend 3 or more uninterrupted rounds making a speech to all allies within hearing range of you. If you complete the minimum 3 rounds without taking damage or interruption, all allies that hear it receive a +1 Morale Bonus to all rolls in the current or next combat for every 3 Rounds making a speech (rounded down, maximum +3). You cannot take any other actions during this time, except Free Actions.

Special: If you have the Loner feat instead of the Teamplayer feat, this only affects the party you travel with. In addition, the Loner version provides a +1 morale bonus for every 2 rounds spent making a speech, with a maximum benefit of +2.
    Last edited by UserShadow7989; 2010-04-06 at 02:20 PM.

Homebrewer's signature.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

One more feat. I originally intended to make some more and then post in bulk, but it gettnig really late here an my mentalm powers and homebrewing abilities are alredy waning because I´m so tired. Besides my ha craseh like five times this night, resulting in the methaphorical load of brick getting dropped, if you get my drift, and once in even hasn´t auto-restored, but thankfully I saved that with some back-up-copy trawling. The god of chance and computers favored me , luckily. Freaking Open office ,I think it´s going kinda tsundere on me anyways
    To cut the rambling.. Here goes:

Exceed blade [Sentai]
    Hmph. It seems I´ll have to cut you down a couple of notches.
    Prerequisites: Henshin or Pretty up! class feature, Dex 15, Cha 15, Sentai KICK!, Perform (oratory) 10 ranks
    Benefit: Trading efficiency for style you forgo your attacks and insteead taunt you oppont with flashy dancing and boisterous gestures. As your heart soars from your performance, your blade is set ablaze by the fire in your blood.
    You can make a Perform check to taunt your opponent as a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity. If your opponent fails a Will save against a DC equal to the result of your Perform check , you will gain an Exeed Charge, which can be used to either gain a +4 bonus on the attack roll or deal 3d6 extra points of Fire damage (or your Strike of justice energy type, at you choice). You can have a total of (Cha mod) Exceed Charges stored at any time. An unused Exceed Charge will dissipate after 1 minute or if you fail a DC15 Will save when you´re hit.

Alternate costume [Sentai]
    Two, four six. Don´t you think that´s enough clothes Miss Selene?
    Silly you, a girl can never have too much clothes.”
    -A conversation between a magical girl and her sidekick, when he was checking out her dressing room.

Prerequisites: Henshin or Pretty up! class feature, Wisdom 13 Cha 15
    Benefit: When you select this feat you gain a number of alternate costmes equal to your Wisdom modifier. They provide special bonuses when you´re tranformed into them (as normal Henshin!).
    These outfits an their abilities are:
    Stealthy: A traditional ninja-slash-stagehand suit that gives you a +2 circumstance bonus to Hide and Move silently checks when worn .This outfit has no effect if you´re spotted transforming into it.
    Athletic: An tracksuit or a manly muscle shirt and slacks that grant you a +2 circumstance bonus on Jump and Climb checks.
    Formal : An opulent robe, a twelve layered kimono, or a stylish tail coat, that give you a +2 circumstance bonus to Diplomacy and Gather information checks. This outfit has no effect if you´re spotted transforming into it.
    Swimsuit: Whether it is a pair of speedos bikinis, or even the mythical dark-blue-one-piece-with-a-name-tag-on-the-front, it confers a +2 circumstance bonus to Swim checks on the wearer. It also includes a snorkel that the wearer can use to breathe underwater if she is five feet or less under the surface.
    Speedster: Prioritizing speed and mobility over defense and sensible fashion choices, the Sentai sheds his clothes to reveal a skintight jersey that gives him +1 dodge bonus to AC per two levels bonus to a maximum of +10 at 20th Level Additionally the character takes 1.5 times the damage he would normally, because the body suit offers almost no protection. The aerodynamic design of the suit also help the sentai to move faster increasing his land speed by 10 feet.
    Juggernaut: A sentai transforms himself in to a bulwark of resistance and defense, giving him a +2 bonus to Armor class and Fortitude saves, per four levels to a maximum of +8 to both at 20th level. These bonuses are classified as enhancement and resistance respectively. This suit also decreases a character´s speed by 10 feet.
    A character with the Juggernaut alternate costume cannot gain the Speedster alternate costume and vice versa.
    Note: A character can gain this feat multiple times. Each time you select this feat you can pick an extra alternate costume to use.

Actually, that was two. Oh well.
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2010-04-24 at 04:07 PM.

Boring, duh.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Two things: First, please go through the first post and clean up the language. There are references to abilities that don't exist any more throughout the text. It never makes it truly clear when you can use Strike of Justice and some of the other bits are sketchy too.

Second, In every sentai thing i've ever watched, the explosion-fist thing always happens as a sort of Finishing Move. As a result, i suggest this nifty ability i picked up from Mongoose as a base for it:

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose Publishing
    Finishing Move: When making an attack, once per round, the character may declare their attack to be a "Finishing Move." The attack deals additional damage listed in the class table [+1d6 at second level] to the target struck, but in exchange, the character lowers their defences, losing their Dex bonus to defence until the start of its next turn
    The suppliment in question used this for a bunch of Monk prestige classes that added various additional effects to the Finishing Move as time went by.

My final question is "how come you haven't included the inevitable upgraded Hanshin! form?" Every series i've ever seen has something summonable; be is a bike, a mech or even just nunchaku. Seems like a shame to not have it as a feature.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!