Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jallorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    So yeah, my question is whether you lot think that Transylvitos can be decrypted/uncroaked. Since they're based of vampires, they're technically already undead/uncroaked. In fact, maybe croakamancy is involved in creating them. What do you all think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    My links:

    Avatar by Dogmantra

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    tyckspoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    I'm reasonably certain they're relatively normal people that happen to look and act a lot like vampires. We've had no indication that the rules treat them any differently than anything else except that their side has better access to certain useful natural magic, like flight and scouting. So.. yeah, if Wanda came up against a Transylvitan patrol, I would expect to see some bats and a 'vampire' join her crusade.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    "I'm reasonably certain they're relatively normal people..." who suck blood out of animals for food. At least somewhat fit vampire genre.

    http://www.erfworld.com/summer-updat..._Sheep_600.jpg
    Last edited by multilis; 2010-01-30 at 04:53 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground
     
    SteveMB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    Quote Originally Posted by multilis View Post
    "I'm reasonably certain they're relatively normal people..." who suck blood out of animals for food. At least somewhat fit vampire genre.

    http://www.erfworld.com/summer-updat..._Sheep_600.jpg
    Well, there are a bunch of pop-culture images -- vampires, the Mob, 50s "Grease" -- mashed together.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nowhere important
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    It's possible that they can't be uncroaked Wanda says that there are units who can't, but she also says that there appears to be no limit to whom she can decrypt.

    By the way, it doesn't seem likely that Transylvitos are created using Croakamancy Don King says he was popped, not Uncroaked.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    Quote Originally Posted by nerd-7i+e View Post
    It's possible that they can't be uncroaked – Wanda says that there are units who can't, but she also says that there appears to be no limit to whom she can decrypt.

    By the way, it doesn't seem likely that Transylvitos are created using Croakamancy – Don King says he was popped, not Uncroaked.
    "there appears to be no limit to whom she can decrypt" technically she says appears no limit to *how many* she can decrypt, and *many* new unit types (she may have run into ones she couldn't decrypt).

    *If* some of TVs are undead, they may have popped that way, or been *enhanced* after popping (to give them access to skills like flying). They would be a different form than uncroaked zombies, not deteriorating and needing upkeep (blood). Some games actually have vampires capable of being turned into zombies after they are "killed", others don't.
    Last edited by multilis; 2010-01-31 at 08:13 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DwarfFighterGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nowhere important
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    Quote Originally Posted by multilis View Post
    "there appears to be no limit to whom she can decrypt" technically she says appears no limit to *how many* she can decrypt, and *many* new unit types (she may have run into ones she couldn't decrypt).

    *If* some of TVs are undead, they may have popped that way, or been *enhanced* after popping (to give them access to skills like flying). They would be a different form than uncroaked zombies, not deteriorating and needing upkeep (blood). Some games actually have vampires capable of being turned into zombies after they are "killed", others don't.
    1: All right, technically true. But which do you think Erfworld's creators meant?

    2a: I'm not sure how someone could be popped Uncroaked. That's like saying that someone was born as a zombie or a vampire (theoretically this is possible if the fetus died in utero and then became a zombie, but Erfworld doesn't deal with fetuses).

    2b: If Transylvitos could be enhanced as you described, then why wouldn't powerful Transylvitans like Don King and Big Al become enhanced? Even if they wouldn't need it, many would still do so as a gesture of power. You could argue that some people don't like to spend money extravagantly, but Don King implies that he does: "I do not like to spend money when I am confused."

    Lastly, do you really think Transylvitans would be immune to something of such Titanic power as an Arkentool?

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    So far there hasn't been any indication that despite their numerous vampiric themes they are actually uncroaked units. So they probably could be decrypted. But we can't know for sure until she tries.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Yuki Akuma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Land of Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    They're probably similar to Archons - they can acquire natural magic as they level up. They probably aren't "Men", but they're still alive.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

    Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."
    Dreamer Pony is by Akrim.elf.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Baiyan, God of Joy, by GryffonDurime, while the C.U.T.E Scardycat and Dreamer are by Tomb Raven.


    I'm very slowly working on a Legend of Zelda-themed homebrew for D&D 5e. God help me.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned
     
    imp_fireball's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jallorn View Post
    So yeah, my question is whether you lot think that Transylvitos can be decrypted/uncroaked. Since they're based of vampires, they're technically already undead/uncroaked. In fact, maybe croakamancy is involved in creating them. What do you all think?
    Nah. They're more like brookyln dudes with vampire as a theme. This isn't D&D.

    Vampires in erfworld are probably more like monstrous humanoids - they're immortal, have quirks like the desire to suck blood, behave oddly compared to humans, etc. But that's it.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2010-02-07 at 05:03 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Yuki Akuma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Land of Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    Quote Originally Posted by imp_fireball View Post
    Nah. They're more like brookyln dudes with vampire as a theme. This isn't D&D.

    Vampires in erfworld are probably more like monstrous humanoids - they're immortal, have quirks like the desire to suck blood, behave oddly compared to humans, etc. But that's it.
    What makes you think they live forever?

    For that matter, what makes you think every other unit doesn't?
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

    Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."
    Dreamer Pony is by Akrim.elf.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Baiyan, God of Joy, by GryffonDurime, while the C.U.T.E Scardycat and Dreamer are by Tomb Raven.


    I'm very slowly working on a Legend of Zelda-themed homebrew for D&D 5e. God help me.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    That's a good question. They can look older but that's more of an image kinda thing. Given erfs similarity to game mechanics I say there is to turn based lifespan.
    Last edited by the_tick_rules; 2010-02-07 at 08:02 PM.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Yuki Akuma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Land of Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Uncroak/Decrypt Transylvitos?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tick_rules View Post
    That's a good question. They can look older but that's more of an image kinda thing. Given erfs similarity to game mechanics I say there is to turn based lifespan.
    Considering Parson is by far the oldest person on Erfworld that we've come across, and yet many look older than him, I doubt physical age has anything to do with... anything.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

    Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."
    Dreamer Pony is by Akrim.elf.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Baiyan, God of Joy, by GryffonDurime, while the C.U.T.E Scardycat and Dreamer are by Tomb Raven.


    I'm very slowly working on a Legend of Zelda-themed homebrew for D&D 5e. God help me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •