New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Spirits of Shadow (IC)

Saint Garoth:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The symbol registers as a rather powerful evil force; however, the elf does not register as evil at all.

The elf is wearing fairly ordinary cloth and moccasins. Of note, around his neck is a tiny locket, on his back is a bow with a broken string, strapped to his side is a knife (obviously not built for combat, but rather for use as a tool), and around his head he wears an olive green headband with a symbol representing a rather small, but strong, town called Valorn, one of the most recently attacked cities. It seems he survived the carnage there.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

"His not evil but i still say we bind him and take his belongings. We don't want a stabby elf in the night, plus it might provide a queue."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

He looks harmless to me, he is wouded and tired, his weapons are obviously of no real use and he has suffered enough already from shadowy man and the image of his town and most likely the majority of his friends and family destroyed.

Lets not make him endure more than he needs to at the moment. - Hanorp says in sadened voice.

It should be enough to just pay some more attention to him while taking our watch turns and take away his would be weapons. I could take the first turn if that is ok.

Hanorp now turns to Garoth:
    Tomorrow morning I'm going to try to identify those two pieces we've got for we've got no better lead at the moment. Can you prepare some countermeasure in case those things are cursed or something?
    Last edited by bigbaddragon; 2010-03-18 at 01:38 AM.
    Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice

Many thanks to The Randomizer for awesome avatar

4. - Top - End - #64

PirateGuy

Garoth sighs. "Your right, but if your wrong than next time we do things my way. Don't worry about the spells, I'll have more tomorrow, but if there is a curse I probably already have it."

5. - Top - End - #65

You are not a curse...

The elf is quietly talking in his sleep.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Its a deal Garoth. Now lets get the camp ready for the night. I'll take the first watch.

7. - Top - End - #67

As the rest of you prepare to rest, Hanorp stands guard at the edge of your small camp. Insects buzz now, replacing the dead silence that was hanging over the forest. You hear rustling in trees from animals of all sorts, even spotting a few birds and squirrels. Life has returned to this area, but the shadow cloud still hangs overhead.

An hour goes by.

The elf stirs, waking.

Groggily, he addresses Hanorp.

Wha...who...are you? Where am I? What...

His eyes pop open, his nostrils flaring, and he starts to shout. Luckily, the wind keeps his voice deadened enough for everyone but Hanorp to avoid waking up.

WHERE'S MY FAMILY? What fiend are you? You...you're that monster, aren't you? The Bloodstorm! I...I have to escape from you and...no. I'll kill you for what you've done!

The elf jumps up and down, swatting at mosquitoes and other insects buzzing around his head. He squishes one.

Ha! I've...no! How are there more of you? This can't be!...doesn't matter...I'll save my family. Yes...that's what I'll do.

Bugs continue to be squished. You notice the red symbol on the man's hand is glowing.
    Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

I'm am Hanorp, proud member of the group that is sent under the order of king himself to hunt the monsters that are trying to destroy our lands with this shadowy curse (points to the sky) ... the same monsters that did that to you ... the same monstesr we fought and chased away saving your life by doing so.

Hanorp now stands more straight and raises his voice:
    And I am no fiend and none of my friends are.

Now be still, you are wounded. In the morning our cleric will help with your wounds. And we'll talk about what happened to you and how you ended up here.

Temotei:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I rolled a 4 for diplomacy ... If the elf calms down Hanorp will try to talk to the elf to further calm him down. If not decision on the course of action will be made when you post the elf's reaction.
    Last edited by bigbaddragon; 2010-03-19 at 01:46 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

The elf looks at Hanorp curiously. You notice the red symbol's glowing on his hand is dying down.

My name is Greyvil. You...you did not save me. They were not after me. Those were not the ones. That blade man? He's a necromancer. The other one...he's something...different. Something new.

As is my enemy. He killed my family. THE BASTARD!

His eyes glow red for a moment as his symbol glows once again. He jumps toward the mosquitoes, flies, and bees, attempting to kill everything flying around his head as if they were his enemies.

I'LL KILL HIM!

Every time he smashes one bug, he looks at it, confused, then continues.

bigbaddragon:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy failed, obviously.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Hanorp decides to take a risk and approaches Greyvil, kills one bug and tosses it before his feet and then turns to him.

You are right, we will destroy them all and avenge all our dearest that fell before them. We must know more about them ... we must know how to strike them where it hurts the most ... we must prepare (puts a hand on Greyvil's shoulder) ... and you ... are the key to that ... to their destruction ... you know more of them than anyone alive. Get a hold of yourself Greyvil! This lands, those who are still alive and those that fell need you more than ever now! Every darkness can be defeated with light. Let the light in you come out ....

Temotei
    Spoiler
    Show
    Before approaching the elf I'll cast Light spell (level 0 cantrip) on my right hand glove and conceal it in my sleeve. Left hand will be used for bug killing. The right hand will be put into play when Hanorp puts his hand on the elf's shoulder.

I presume some check is in order again. Repeated diplomacy makes sense you?
    Last edited by bigbaddragon; 2010-03-20 at 11:57 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71

That...you...

Greyvil stares at Hanorp for a good five seconds, then tilts his head.

By the gods, you're right.

He looks down at the now not-glowing symbol on his hand.

Cut off my hand, please. Don't hesitate.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

A man of divine purpose and power is traveling with me. If you want lets let him try do something about that in the morning. If there is nothing he can do I give you my word I'll do what you ask of me. In the meantime don't look at it ... lets cover it with some bandages and rest for now.

13. - Top - End - #73

...I suppose. I just don't want to hurt anyone.

Greyvil walks farther away from the group and plops onto the ground, ready to sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    Greyvil is about 40 feet away from Hanorp and 45 feet away from the group.

Hanorp is 20 feet from the group.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-03-21 at 12:40 PM.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

I see what you are afraid of but you don't have to go that far away from the camp. It will be easier for me to watch over you and my friends if you are closer to the camp. Lets do it like this (Hanorp pulls out his magic bedroll), you sleep in my bedroll, it will protect you from this weather and it takes some time to get in or out of it so if you lose control again I'll have enough time to notice that. If you want we could even tie your legs before you get in the bedroll. How does that sound?

Hanorp spreads his bedroll 15 feet from the group.

15. - Top - End - #75

You are most kind, Master Hanorp.

The elf saunters over to the bedroll and quickly shoves himself in.

Really. I must thank you again.

Soon, Greyvil is fast asleep.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-03-21 at 01:27 PM.
    Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Hanorp now picks a spot where he is no more than 10-15 ft away from the both the elf and his allies and conceals himself.

Action: hide check.

When the time comes and if there are no further interruptions he will wake Garoth for the next watch turn and tell him what happened. And also kindly ask if he can use Garoth's bedroll .

17. - Top - End - #77

No interruptions arrive or occur for Hanorp's whole watch.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78

PirateGuy

"Why can't you use your own bed." St. Garoth looks over and sees the elf. "Any trouble with him?" Garoth picks up his shield and morningstar.
    Last edited by Mangles; 2010-03-22 at 09:00 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

He woke up once and was delusional, he talked about killing those monsters that did that to him and his town, friends, family. I managed to calm him down by telling him that those friends need him now more than ever. He knows something about those guys we fought, said one of them was a necromancer, we should definitely talk to him when he wakes up.

When he looses control the symbol on his hand starts to glow. We covered it with some bandages so he doesn't have to look at it, it seems to be the thing that is driving him mad. We should try to do something about that in the morning. Sadly, if we fail I've made a promice to cut off his hand ... a promice I would rather not keep if there is a way not to.

Other than that there were no interruptions. So ... may I use your bedroll during your watch?

20. - Top - End - #80

PirateGuy

"Yeah go on. We'll need to be well rested for tomorrow." Garoth dons his armor and begins a circular patrol around the campsite.

21. - Top - End - #81

The wind picks up, blowing away natural clouds to reveal shadowy clouds above them. It appears they are here to stay.

The elf continues to sleep, although a few whimpers slip through his mouth. He's saying things like "kill," "demons," "fiends," and "blood." Between every word is the word "darkness" or "shadows."

The elf wakes up, but doesn't move. You can see his eyes wide open, though.
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #82

PirateGuy

Garoth walks over to the elf and sits down beside him. "What is it elf? You should be sleeping."

23. - Top - End - #83

The elf doesn't respond, but you hear him quietly saying something.

Don't touch her. Don't touch her. Run. Run. Don't. Run. Don't. Run.

He stops for several moments, then explodes out of the sleeping bag.

I saw her! And I saw him, and him, and him! They're doing it again! Again...

A tear runs down the elf's cheek. When it reaches his chin, his face hardens as he grinds his teeth together, side to side.

They will pay for what they have done. I must kill them. When are we leaving?
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #84

PirateGuy

"When we are all rested, if you want any help from the gods. Go back to sleep. We will wake you when we make preparations.

25. - Top - End - #85

Fine.

The elf pouts a little, but falls asleep soon.

Saint Garoth's watch is uneventful for some time...

OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    How long are each of these watches?
    Last edited by Temotei; 2010-03-22 at 07:17 PM.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #86

PirateGuy

St Garoth finishes his 8 hour vigil and goes and wakes up Hanorp. "Its your turn again. I need to go and pray before the sun rises." He takes his shield and lays it in front of him. Pressing one hand onto the holy symbol. He sits and prays.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, go on, I'll watch over. when you finish I'll prepare my spells and then we'll se if we can do something about the elf (nods in Greyvil's direction). If not ... I'll have to do something I don't like.

OoC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mangles, can you take over my character from tomorrow till monday evening? I won't be anywhere near the internet for a few days.
    Last edited by bigbaddragon; 2010-04-01 at 07:15 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88

The only possible danger Hanorp detects is a rustling. Ready to spring, the patrolling party member sees a bushy tail swish out of a nearby bush. A moment later, a squirrel rushes out.

Nothing else of note happens, as the elf seems to be out cold.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Hanorp is waiting for st. Garoth to finish his prayers and watching over both him and Greyvil. During Garoth's prayers Hanorp will check up on the elf to see if he is ok. Will not wake the elf though. After Garoth finishes his prayers Hanorp will prepare his spells.

OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells are updated on the character sheet. Identify is memorized only once because I have two pearls of power that can give me back one first level slot I've spent. I've also deleted two pearls that will be spent in order to try and identify what those two pieces me and Garoth hold do. See you guys in a few days , have a nice weekend.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

As soon as Hanorp completes his daily spell preparations he addresses his allies:

I'm gonna try to identify what these accursed pieces do. Watch over me for the next two hours.

OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hanorp casts Identify spell on those pieces. Percentages in order to reveal if the items are cursed will be rolled ... 6% chance though