New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Avatar's over Avatar

In the endless void between the stars, space is never truly empty, even in the gulf between galaxies, far from the celestial bodies we call home. There are space stations, ships of every size and shape, from a variety of species and civilizations, many ignorant of each other, which is perhaps for the best. There are space hulks, supposedly-empty derelicts that all too often prove to be inhabited after all, by creatures out of the nightmares of insane gods, that killed the previous inhabitants however long ago. There are meteors, hurtling blindly through space until they are caught in a gravity field and burn up. There are asteroid fields, endless stretches of space where there are only drifting hunks of rock and the shattered remains of ships fool-hardy enough to venture into them. There are even creatures that ply the void for sustenance, their bulk dwarfing any ship, even the planets and stars themselves.

Then there are the immaterial storms, a phenomena defy human explanation, or those of any alien not sufficiently advanced to call themselves a god with a straight face. To those with the right eyes, or rather senses impossible to understand to those without them, they are whirlpools in the never ending stream that is the space time continuum, as it twists around on itself, in stark contrast to distance and conventional physics, even relativity. They absorb the physical stuff of the universe and expel it again, cutting off entire stretches of space beyond any form of faster then light travel, or conventional travel, as the are within effectively ceases to exist.

Such storms have a wide range of causes, ranging from rituals perpetrated by insane cultists to the machinations of equally insane or foolish species, to random fluctuations in space itself. This one, however, was very different from these comparatively normal events.

This storm was ancient beyond measure. It had raged for millenia, cutting off a massive stretch of space from the rest of the galaxy. It had seen the rise and fall of countless empires and civilizations. It was wreathed by rippling tides, reaching out to ensnare anything foolhardy enough to approach it.And it was constant, neither growing or shrinking, never fluctuating but remaining stable.

"Yes," said a voice with satisfaction, unconcerned with such physical limitations on sound in a vacuum. "This will do nicely."

When those words were spoken, a change took place that was to be felt across the universe. In some parts of the galaxy, some special individuals noticed inexplicable feelings of uncertainty and dread, or sudden, soaring feelings of hope. Very few could explain these feelings, let alone give them a cause, but those that could, psychics and the like, had reason to know fear.

As slowly, very slowly, the storm began to die out...
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-01 at 11:11 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar's over Avatar

Visser 3
    "Visser! We seem to have been intercepted by a warp in Z-space. It's like nothing I've ever seen before, infact sir, I would now like to remind you that I warned you taking this unstable path was a bad idea. So suffice to say, you've doomed us all." A Hork-Bajir controller spoke up loudly.

'Did you just speak up to me!?' Visser 3 roared over thought-speak.

"Sir, I'm one of the few men who can pilot this ship. You can't kill me now."

Visser 3 felt his eye stalk twitch, before his blade swung around and impaled a Taxxon guard, 'I'm going to do that to you next if you don't shut up. Now onto the more important thing, men, scan sensors on the nearby planet, if I'm stuck here until you can get us back on the right path, I might as well conquer this planet. Tell me what you can, based on sensors.'

MEGAS CREW

COOP! What! Did! You! Do!? One second you're blowing up another alien you somehow angered, next moment we're here? I'm looking at the sensors to find out what's on this planet.

It doesn't matter what he did, it was definitely awesome; did you see that portal? It was amazing..hey do you think they're any blue-elf babes on that planet?

No Jamie, they're not Blue-elf babes, ANYWHERE.

Look, why don't we just go there and see if they're friendly? Or they have some good food.

With that The Megas Crew flew down to the first city they see, regardless of what is going on there.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Visser 1
    Screens scrolled text so rapidly you can barely make sense of it Lights beat out at certain speeds based on the readings, and radiowaves crackle as the shipboard computer tries to make sense of the readings. At last, the hawk-Bajir seems satisfied and turns to you, snapping to attention as he does so. The pips on his shoulder proclaim him to be Sub-Visser six hundred-and-eleven, and the fact he is wearing a tight fitting body suit give him the appearance of an officer.
    “Sir! Our sensors detect life in the next system. They seem to be burning 20 000 Btz worth of energy in a standard Staryear. No sign of much advanced interstellar travel, though there are exceptions, and function through Z space, of course, not at the moment. We believe them to be around point seven-seven on the great filter, based on numbers and industry, but we could easily be wrong.”
    He adds "The world has startling similarities to the one my host evolved on, mostly temperate forest, and filled with freaks of niche biological evolution and mega fauna, infact I would not be surprise to find the Arn skulking here as well. The atmosphere is breathable for us, but not for human hosts..."
    He shrugs, a human gesture he picked up in his previous host body. "We have yet to identify the dominant species. The instruments are just not specific enough. If you need me to find a few cloaked ships, a blade ship is your man, but for this, you need drones, careful examination, and technicians to make sense of the data." Remembering the price of failure, he quickly adds "Perhaps a single day's scanning and recon would not go amiss, as we gather data for our infestation..." He trails off, staring at you, then throws an awkward salute.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-01 at 11:51 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Firefly

Start. Open your eyes. Close them. Open. Listen to the sound of the ship and the crew and the rats and the food and the vacuum. Hear nothing and everything and the silence and noise and OH GOD IT HURTS WHY DOES THEY HAVE TO DO IT WITH HER LISTENING?

Was that good, baby?

The job is simple, Jayne. Get in, get the load of cargo. Get out. I don't expect any difficulty.

And I expect things to go horribly wrong. Now give me my gorram grenades!

Kaylee, is something wrong?

Inara, he doesn't look at me. Doesn't seem to even notice.

Maybe if I change the proportions of the solution...

Silence from Book. He's always quiet and faithy and his HAIR oh why IS IT ALIVE and The Book AlWaYs being READ over AND OVER aGaIn...

Come on, sexy. Round two.

In her small bedroom on the Firefly-class transport ship Serenity, River Tam lies awake, trying to get back to sleep.

Samus Aran

HUD update: PLANET PANDORA IDENTIFIED. COMING OUT OF HYPERSPACE NOW. BOUNTY: JAKE SCULLY. REWARD: 1 MILLION CREDITS.

Checking the environmental seals on the Varia suit, the Hunter prepares her arsenal. This time, she'd go in fully armed; from her initial scans of the planet, it looked like she'd need it. Maneuvering her ship out of hyperspace, she prepared to enter orbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #5

Visser 3
    'And cower in fear of some pre-warp society? NEVER! Load up the Bug Fighters and scorch the planet of any major gatherings! Burn all of them alive, conquer them and strike fear of the Yeerk empire into their hearts!' Visser 3 puffs out his chest, frequently stomping his hooves on the deck.

Two Hork Bajirs, one on either side of the Visser look at each other, the same thought running their heads, 'Oh dear Crayak what has he gotten us into?' Both of them had been sent by the council to keep the Visser's...more violent impulses in check. As they were about to speak up, they collectively realized the violent approach might work; this was a low-industrial planet, it was likely the inhabitants would quickly surrender. So they said nothing as the bug fighters left ahead of the Blade ship as the now small fleet now heading towards any major industrial center.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Serenity
    River
    As she does, she feels the world change. Things have a pattern to them. If you count the pebbles, you will find a pattern, order in chaos. If another psychic was to examine her mind, they'd find the same thing. And then the universe changes, and she has to start all over again, from the start.
    She forgets which way is up or down, and they could be going in any direction, and she can't remember. Before she can settle down, she feels the ship vibrate. And the universe changes again.
    Opportunity. The job stinks of it. The life you've lived, you get a certain seventh sense for things that are too good to be true, and yet, when you see this, it doesn't go off. Perhaps it's been overwhelmed. Your crew hasn't been paid in sixmonths, and Serenity needs repairs and new pasts desperately, and then something like this comes up.
    Take something from point A to point B, and be paid enough to buy a whole new ship. It sounds too good to be true, and yet you're almost certain it isn't. And you don't know which possobility scares you more.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-02 at 12:12 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Serenity

Looking over the table at Jayne, Mal sighs. "Fine. Take them. But if they go off prematurely again..."

"Gorram it, Mal, that was one time!"

"In the middle of our negotiations?"

"...money wasn't good enough."

"And we didn't get any pay then, now did we? Take two, but don't use them unless it's an emergency." Looking across to the Shepherd, who was quietly reading his Bible, the Captain sighed. "Preacher, this is no place for a Shepherd to be. There's violence and savages and who knows what out on that world. You step off this boat, and you'll be dead before you can pray to your God."

Staring up at the Captain, Book doesn't seem fazed. "I go where I am needed, Captain. And I am needed below."

The Firefly heads into orbit around Pandora, and begins to land.

Samus Aran

The legendary Bounty Hunter notices two ships on her scanners, rapidly approaching the planet. Opening a communications line, her filtered voice echoes through the Bug Fighters...and the Blade Ship.

"Attention, unknown vessel, this is Bounty Hunter Samus Aran of the Galactic Federation. Stand down or be destroyed."
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

8. - Top - End - #8

Visser 3
    'I am Visser 3 of the Yeerk empire, and I bow to no one. Fire on this ship and be destroyed.' HOW DARE SOMEONE THREATEN HIM? He was Visser 3 of the Yeerk empire! That some...human would dare threaten him was an insult. He would smite 'Samus Aran' in time, all in time.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Asuka

"Hrmp! Why do I have to stay on the defensive on this useless hunk of rock while that pathetic Shinji rides off into the jungle to deal with the natives?" Asuka the red haired second child, designated pilot of Evangelion Unit-02 stands in defiant towards he superior officer, Major Misato Katsuragi.

Misato gives a deep sigh and goes over the mission to the stubborn child again. "First of all unobtainium is not useless. It is an almost unobtainable metal that is employed in hyper space travel and in the construction of Evangelions. We need to secure as much of it as possible and since the military wimped out on us we have to take it our selves. Second Shinji is on the offensive because Unit-01 has an S2 Engine allowing it to function separate from a power source."

With a little smile Misato adds. "Besides this mine is where all the action is going to be. The Na'vi won't be happy about us moving in on the territory they just evicted the military from."

"Well since you put it that way." Asuka seems much more happy with herself now as she settles down on a chair in the control room.

"I'm glad that's settled. Speaking of Shinji, Maya how is he doing?" Misato asks. She herself wonders how she managed to get sent on this absurd alien world with the two best pilots while Gendo, Shinji's Father had direct control over Rei and Mari back in Tokyo-3 in case of an Angel attack.

"His sync ratios are at Eighty percent, his AT Field is at full function, his Ego barrier is at one hundred percent and all life signs are normal. I'll open a comm channel."

Shinji

Shinji Ikari the third child, designated pilot of Evangelion Unit-01 patrols the jungle in his EVA. It has been two and a half hours since he left the mine on recon. Whoever thought a giant robot would be a good means of recon needs to have their head examined but then again mental illness is pretty much a job requirement at NERV. Just then a signal from the mine base came in.

"Misato? Is everything all right out there?" he asked as he accepted the call.

"No things are still quiet here. How about you?" the older woman asked.

"No everything has been quiet so far today."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by doliest View Post
    Visser 3
    'I am Visser 3 of the Yeerk empire, and I bow to no one. Fire on this ship and be destroyed.' HOW DARE SOMEONE THREATEN HIM? He was Visser 3 of the Yeerk empire! That some...human would dare threaten him was an insult. He would smite 'Samus Aran' in time, all in time.
    Samus((how does he know she's human?))

"You are in violation of Federation Law; you are obstructing a lawful agent of the Federation in pursuit of a criminal. Stand down." Cruising towards the Bug Fighters, Samus unlocks the safeties on the Federation-issue, military-grade missile launchers she installed after her mission on Talon IV. "One last warning."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #11

Visser 3(.....Um actually that's a good point, I assumed she was speaking english and the Bug Fighter was translating; sorry, we can disqualify that.)
    'I obstruct nothing; I am merely surveying the planet below. Maybe we could move out of the way?'

Wow sir, that was actually adult and intelligent of you, maybe this is actually good for you.

'Lock onto the ship, but don't fire yet; I want to savor this.' Visser 3 says, ignoring 'Captain Sensible,' as he would henceforth be known.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Samus

What a kind, gentlemanly fellow, the Hunter thought. "Acknowledged." Moving her ship away, Samus contacts the human city on planet. "Attention, Pandora. This is Bounty Hunter Samus Aran. Do you copy?"

((by the way, they might notice the rusty, half-falling apart freighter that's also landing. Scans of which show 9 humans. Just saying. Serenity ain't stealthy))

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #13

Visser 3
    Sir another ship just passed withen sensor range.

'Can I not savor the pleasure of one dead mortal at a time? Fine, put us on communication with that ship, then we'll handle the bounty hunter; but make sure that we keep track of the coordinates that the bounty hunter is going too, so we can raise that city.'

Sir, I hate you. I hate everything you stand for, and I'm going to rub this in while you can't kill me, but fine.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeerk Bugfighters
    The smoke shrouded structure of forward Base 16 rose from the blue-green jungle below like a grey rock in an alien ocean. The forest itself stretches for uncountable miles, until it comes to a mountain range of soaring peaks.
    The mountains float like clouds among the fixed mountains and swirling cloud structures, and circulate slowly in the magnetic currents like icebergs at sea, scraping against each other and the towering mesa-like mountains of the region. When they are in clear sunlight they cast distinct shadows on the land below.
    They are overgrown with foliage at the top, and straggly beards of vines hangs down beneath them, as though tying them in place.

Visser 3
    The ship that sent the message (which is still be decoded, it uses unfamiliar radio patterns) appears in front of you, is following the bug fighters. The Hork Bajir officer at the helm shivers. "Readings are of the charts- sir." He adds hurriedly. "We don't recognize he pattern, likely some herefore unobserved species."

Samus
    "Hearing you loud and clear. Please land at the base at soonest possile opportunity."

Serenity
    The Firefly swooped down and jets of heat washed down as operators wearing rebreathers and carrying glow-flags directed the falling apart scrap heap down to a large empty landing pad painted with faded yellow markings. The shuttle landed lightly with a thud and Mal got up from his seat.
    ‘’As a reminder sir, this atmosphere is highly toxic, if you are not properly prepared, you will die in sixt seconds.a voice transmitted through the ships communication systems.
    He and Karlon walked quickly across the broad, concrete fields, Guardsmen flocked around the place like worker insects at some hive. Some hauled around boxes of ammo or other pieces of equipment, others were taking apart a husk of a broken tank, or some other mundane task. The troopers were all lean muscular types, wearing light flak jackets and sleeveless shirts. All wore some form of blue-green camouflage. All wore rebreathers.
    "Welcome to Pandora." One of them laughed.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-02 at 12:59 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #15

Bug Fighters
    Sir, this planet has a nonsensical geography. In fact it has FLOATING MOUNTAINS, SIR! I don't think I can take this planet, in fact, can I stay on shore leave, far away from this planet? I think that this place should be burned on principle.

Busy. Very Busy.
    Visser 3
    ' Can we hail the oncoming ship? It's best that we don't fire until we know how strong their ship is. Then we can shoot it out of hte sky.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Visser 3
    The technician nods. You can't help but wonder if he knows how to fly the ship, and your tail unconsciously twitches as you observe the insubordinate pilot. "In a moment sir. We will need to reconfigure a few things. I have already sent the pilot promising to let the ship past. Just while we observe it, of course."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-02 at 03:58 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Serenity

Simon Tam looked at his sister, his vision slightly distorted by the rebreather he was wearing. "Now, River, listen to Inara, okay? I'm going to be out for a little while, going to see to their medical supplies. Maybe they could use some help."

Said little sister simply blinks back at him. "He's going to die. And you won't be able to save him." Turning her back on him, River merrily skips back to Inara, practically dragging the woman back to her shuttle.

Exiting the ship, Mal, Zoe, Book, Jayne, Simon, and Kaylee split up into three groups. While Mal and Zoe handle the negotiations, Jayne and Kaylee head for engineering, the big man acting as backup in case any of the men try anything with the young woman. He wouldn't put it past them, too; he knows some of these people.

Simon and Book head for the medical center, hoping to dispense some comfort to whatever wounded they might find.

Samus((Whichever base you land me at is good. Evangelion or otherwise)

"Acknowledged. Coming in now." The Hunter's ship hovers above the landing pad on anti-grav thrusters. A hatch above the ship opens, and the towering orange and red figure of Samus Aran in her Varia Suit nimbly jumps out.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Serenity
    Mal and Zoe
    The officer is hard, and looks it. His face is so craggy and weather beaten it barely looks human anymore, his eyes blaze with a terrible, uncompromising, jingoistic fervor. He looks and acts like a life long military man. He wears his hair short and is covered with battle scars, most notably a trio of claw marks on the side of his head, and his uniform is pristine, his boots polished until you can see your face in them.
    He gives you a sort of cross between a glare and a sneer, that suggests he has seen worse things to work with, but only rarely, and only on the bottom of his shoe.
    "So you're the new transport personnel. Don't know why we're even bringing in civilians. This should be a tight-knit, well organized system!" He barked, the last vestiges of an accent clinging tenaciously to his voice. "Well, OK then. Welcome to Pandora. Chances are you'll be dead in a week, but that's not my problem. It's my job to keep you alive, but god himself would have his work cut out with you, and I'm not going to waste too much effort." Seemingly satisfied with getting your attention, he narrows his eyes. "I take it you know why you're here?"

Jayne and Kaylee
    Wolf whistles, leer's and comments appear as expected, but that seems to be all. Even the more polite soldiers can't take their eyes of her, though after so long without seeing a women, that is largely to be expected.
    A big, African descended guard, with an equally big automatic weapon, a chip on his shoulder, and a red beret stops you. Jayne recognizes his type. Mercenary, the sort who'll do anything for quick cash. The mercenary flourishes his gun.
    "Let's see your authorization." He says to Jayne, in a tone that indicates he probably won't let him in anyway, then winks at Kaylee. "The girl can get a private tour any time she wants."

Book and Simon
    As you make your way to the medical bay, you see two massive tanks filled with blue fluid. You think you can see something alive in them. A red headed woman in a badly fitting lab coat glares at you, her lined face pursing as she removes the cigarette from her lips. "I take it you have some reason to be interrupting my work?"

Shinji
    It was now that Shinji was really noticing the difference that the twenty percent air resistance had on the atmosphere, but everything was slower, and your timing was constantly off. The increased air resistance made it feel like he was moving against a strong breeze, even thought the air was still.
    You hear a roar, like a cross between a bird and a dinosaur, as you speak, the gods of irony taking their due, and turn to see a massive predator, swoop down towards you. You have observed such creatures in your time on this moon, but they have never shown any aggression to you, with good reason. It is an enormous beast, far bigger then anything biological that should be able to fly, primarily colored red and yellow, with black stripes and blue crests on the top of the head and under its lower jaw. A razor sharp crest decorates it's head, and it glides on flexible, membranous, wings stretched taut, with a wingspan of more than 25 meters. A blue native is perched on it's back, brandishing what appears to be a bow and arrow. They told you the natives where primitive.

Samus Aran/Asuka Langley Soryu/Mega men
    As the bounty hunter leaps out of her ship, she notices an enormous machine, roughly humanoid and brandishing an over sized gun. You suspect that is the stick to the carrot of a million credits.
    As you finish getting out, another ship lands behind you, despite not being cleared, or in fact having made any contact whatsoever.

Visser 3
    The Hork Bajir turns to stare at you. "Ah, sir, both the ships have." He swallows. "Both the ships have vanished. We can get no further readings, energy trails, nothing. They must be cloaked somehow." He swallows again. "Only... Only we're not being scrambled or jammed."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Serenity

Mal and Zoe

Mal stares the man down for a moment, before nodding. Evidently, he's recognized a long campaigner. "Yes, sir. Get the cargo, get out, get paid. Just a day's work. How long before my ship is loaded?"

Simon and Book

The Shephard stares into the tanks curious as to what they might contain. In his former life, he probably would have some idea as to what's in them. But that was a long time ago, and anything relevant would be long gone by now. Probably.

The Doctor extends his hand. "I'm Doctor Simon Tam, ship's doctor on a cargo freighter. I was merely curious about the medical facilities here." His tone is friendly, but cautious. Didn't that doctor know cigerettes were bad for you? He was pretty sure that that information had been known since the time of Earth-That-Was.

Jayne and Kaylee

The girl blushes. "Well aren't you sweet?" she says coyly. "I'll be right inside, Jayne." She heads inside without any fear. Which is why Mal had ordered Jayne to keep a close eye on her.

"Now look here you gorram sonuva*****, you are going to let me in that building, or I will bash in every bone in your body, dong ma?" Having Vera with him seems to help as well.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-02-02 at 09:49 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

20. - Top - End - #20

Shinji

Shinji backs away from the giant monster. He had fought worse in the form of angels this monster shouldn't pose that much of a threat to him. He draws the progressive knife from it's sheath on his shoulder. The knife starts to glow as it reaches the ultra sonic speed at which it vibrates. He makes a lunge towards the beast taking care not to kill the rider. He should let it live to know that there are those who can opose them now.

Nerv Base

Samus finds the giant assault rifle of EVA Unit-02 pointed at her.

"Bounty Hunter, Samus Aran, I'd persume? I do not believe you have received clearance from NERV for a mission on this planet. I don't care what authorization the federation gave you this is no longer their planet." the voice of a teenage girl comes from the giant machine. It pauses briefly as the base lights beguin to flash indicating that Shinji is under attack.

Minor personel scramble to their command stations to moniter his status. Unit-02 makes no movements.

"Remove your combat suit and come with me to the command center."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Samus ignores the gun pointed at her.

"This isn't your planet either. I am licensed to operate in all sectors, regardless of government."

Then placing the whole of her Arm Cannon inside said giant gun barrel, Samus charges her Power Beam. "The only place I am going is to collect my bounty."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

22. - Top - End - #22

Asuka

The mech pauses for a second.

"What do you mean let him go?...Her?...Hrmp Fine but when this blows up in your face Misato don't come crying to me." Unit-02 lowers it's weapon.

"Fine. I have orders to let you go once you confirm your target. Who did the federation send you after?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Samus Aran

The Hunter removes her Cannon from the gun barrel. It's still fully charged, though. "Corporal Jake Scully. One million credit job."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

JOHN CARTER OF MARS
    When I awoke, the ceiling above me was no longer the pleasant pink stone of the Royal Palace of Helium, but a dark, greyish metal. No longer did I feel the warmth of Dejah Thoris' smooth skin beside me, but rather I felt the coldness of a metal floor beneath me. Immediately, I stood up and looked to the left and right. The hallway seemed rather dimly lit, but my eyes quickly adjusted to the different light. Groping towards my waist in the dark, my hand settled around the comforting leather grip of my sword, which I slowly unsheathed and held lightly in my right hand. I was not exactly sure what had plucked me from my beloved Dejah's arms and placed me in this metal halllway, but my fighting man's instincts told me that this place was not entirely safe for me. With that in mind, I set a hand on the metal butt of my radium-pistol and drew that as well, cocking it with my thumb as I did so.

As I turned a corner, I found myself in a slightly better lit hallway, that led towards a bright doorway, which seemed to open up into some kind of storeroom. To my great surprise, I heard voices speaking in English, a language I had not heard in a very long time. To my even greater surprise, they seemed to have accents from the South, my old home on Earth. One, with the brisk cadence of a military man, spoke as if he was from Texas.

"...Welcome to Pandora. Chances are you'll be dead in a week, but that's not my problem. It's my job to keep you alive, but god himself would have his work cut out with you, and I'm not going to waste too much effort. I take it you know why you're here?" said the military voice. It was answered by another, less placeable, but still distinctly Southern in character.

"Yes, sir. Get the cargo, get out, get paid. Just a day's work. How long before my ship is loaded?" The voice also sounded like a fighting man, I could tell he was one of my breed. Sticking to the shadows of the corridor, I crept, silent as a cat, closer to the entrance to get a better look at the people whom the voices belonged to, and perhaps get an idea of where I was.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Shinji
    There was a brief buzz, and the Great Leonopteryx rex fell in two parts, red-orange blood gushing over its body and washing down the Mecha's arm.
    The alien let out a blood-curdling shriek as it leapt from it's mount to fall into the canopy bellow.
    As far as you can see, no chance of survival.
    You don't observe any other wildlife of potential threat, though it is hard to tell, as the forest is what you would get if you put a strobe light factory in the middle of a jungle then added a bizarre amalgamation of earth tree's while smoking opium.

Firefly
    Mal and Zoe and John
    The Major nods. "Not entirely stupid then." He replies approvingly. Pacing, he begins circling the two of you, sizing you up, not noticing the man padding down the corridor behind all three of them. Coming in a full circle, he leans forward. "You got the look of a soldier, captain. I like that. Makes me feel I can trust you. You look the same girly. You ever need a job, call me up and I'll put work your way." He steps back. "The cargo is already being loaded, Captain. Should be ready to go by tonight. Which is in nineteen hours, this being a moon and all. So sit back, resupply, and look around." He straightens. "Dismissed." Making to turn around, he suddenly draws the gun holstered at his side in a lightning fast movement, both hands gripping it securely and confidently. The two of you stiffen, but he's not pointing it at you, but past you, down the corridor where John Carter is sneaking. In a clear, ringing tone, he growls "Which ever one of you slack-jawed fagots I have the misfortune to cal soldiers is trying to sneak up on me, come out now before I shoot you where we can't grow it back!"

Simon and Book
    Something stirs, vaguely humanoid, but made on the wrong scale, and the wrong proportions. The doctor, seeing you staring at her cigarette, blows out a trail of it obnoxiously. "Really? Get your degree in dog training school, did you? Well this is a highly classified building, unless you have a doctorate in Biomechanics and advanced xenobiology you're probably wasting my time. And unless you have sufficient clearance, this project doesn't exist. Now what is it you needed?" It's clear she wants you gone as soon as possible.

Jayne
    The big guard forces a regretful sigh, offsetted somewhat by the enormous smile on his face as he misreads the young girls intentions. "I'd really like to, skippy, but it seems the girl wants some company. Can't think why, with a guy like you around. So sit back while we go and...talk, and I should be done in about half an hour. We can talk then." Smiling, he turns and makes to go through the door.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-02 at 10:40 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #26

Shinji

"Shinji! Whats happening?" the voice of the major comes over the EVA's comm.

"It's fine. A Na'vi ambushed me but went down easily. Far too easily." Shinji replies complately deadpan.

"It went down easy? Your AT Field disapeared in it's presense...what that can't be right. It's back? Carry on with the mission then. Beguin to circle around don't go any further into the jungle." Misato orders.

"Alright, Ms. Katsuragi." Shinji sighs slightly and resumes his patrol turning west at this point to circle around the base.

Asuka

The warning lights stop flashing. Whatever crisis they refered to had been averted.

"John Scully? Is he on the list Misato? He is okay. You may proceed then Ms. Aran." The girl states dejectedly.

Unit-02 turns around and directs it's attention to the other landed vessel.

((Who is in that vessel?))

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

((Doliest's mega men))

Shinji
    You have half completed your circuit, grumbling that as a force dedicated to protecting earth you shouldn't even be here, when your mecha begins to seize up, joints slowing and moving of their own accord, joints seizing up. Your instruments are either going dead or coming up with wild, implausible readings, and there is a faint humming in the corner of your hearing.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-02 at 10:48 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #28

((Megas is not Megaman by any means))

Asuka

A comm signal is sent into the giant blue mecha. With the assault rifle drawn once more four eyes of the mechanical beast stare into the windshielded cockpit. "This is Asuka Langley Soyru, designated pilot of Evangelion Unit-02. Unkown Mecha identify yourself!"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

((agreed. See my two links in OOC thread for Megas))

Serenity
    Kaylee

Ignoring the conversations outside, the young mechanic walks around the engineering complex, marveling at the technology.

Jayne
    The big man scoffs. "It only takes you half an hour?" Then, the guard gets clipped on the head with Vera's stock. "Gorram moron."

Simon and Book

"Right. I see that we're getting away in your glorious pursuit of nothing. And I may not be a Biomechanical specialist, me only going to dog training school, but at least I remember from the courses I managed to scrape a passing grade in that smoking gives you cancer. Luckily, I don't think anybody will really care as your lungs wither and die." Truly, he is a master of sarcasm.

Mal and Zoe

Drawing his own weapon, and motioning for Zoe to do the same, Mal aims at the strangely-clad man.

"You couldn't tell by my coat? Good thing to know about these parts."
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-02-02 at 10:56 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Mandallus went over to check out how the bridge was operating. His battle brothers were well trained. Everything was in order, and they were due to hit the warp dominated system of.. Pandora by the records retrieved by the Inquisition... A filthy blue planet infested with Xenos with some backwards military with tactics comparable to a toddler attempting to push them back. Honestly, the things the warp did to civilization made him sick sometimes.

Sighing, he ordered the ships into real space, and ordered a all call as he said."We are the Space Marines, and we serve the God Emperor of Mankind. We have come to cleanse this space of Xenos scum, and to bring The Emprahs fury upon heretics who would aid them. This is Grand Chapter Master Mandallus speaking, and I will suffer not the Xenos to live under direct order of the Inqusistion. Those of you who swear allegiance to the emprah. You are ordered to join the forces of The Imperium, and report for indoctrination into the Imperial Guard.[