New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Avatar's over Avatar

((Psst, Cracklord; you wanna' give HK-47 a push here? I don't really know where I'm headed unless you tell me.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

((Right.))
    HK-47
    They ignore you. Below, you see men preparing for a patrol into the jungles. Your target does not seem to be somewhere in this base. You have checked everything, but no record of River Tam. And you heard the bearded sapaien mention another base...
    Logic circuits whir and pop. You are in the wrong encampment, on the wrong side of the continent. And you have to find your way through a deathworld environment to get there, alone.
    As you see it, their are several outcomes with likelihood of success. try to make your way through the jungle yourself, infiltrate the patrol about to leave, or steal a vehicle, than step one.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-08 at 09:13 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Samus Aran

Seeing as how the people at the base would be no help to her at all, Samus activates a map of the surrounding area, checking for the closest encampment of natives.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Samus
    Since they began their guerrilla war, the natives have vanished, and the NERV's best attempts to keep them under observation, the Na'Vi vanishing into the jungles like ghosts. All the locations you read are as much as a month out of date.
    One area however, Vitraya Ramunong, is outlined in red. Every foray and scouting done in that area has encountered natives. It seems a substantially better bet then blundering around waiting to run into them.

Firefly
    Jayne, Kaylee, Mal and Zoe are in the living room. The soldiers have left, and they have shared their personal discoveries with each other. They are transporting a metric tonne of unobtanium for the Alliance. The mind boggles at such a sum. No wonder the pay was generous, every pirate in the 'verse would come after them if they knew.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-08 at 09:21 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shinji

"I really don't have anything to treasure. Not anymore." Shinji says.

"If I had anything like that it'd just be taken away again." If that isn't an opening I don't know what is.

Asuka

Evangelion Unit-02 shoots up from a lift next to the Spartan squadron. The four eyed red giant has an obscenely large backpack that presumably is it's new powersource.

"Ugh this Type-E equipment is throwing off my balance." Asuka curses. The EVA stumbles slightly but doesn't fall.

"It shouldn't take too much to get used to though."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

The marines looks up at the giant red EVA in awe. Some of them even taking pictures, and others are cheering her arrival. Connor chuckles on the Spartan comm as she stumble with the E-type armor.
    Hehehe, that girl looks like shes about to fall on her behind.
    Kurt ignores him switching to Asuka comm line.
    Asuka, this is Kurt, the leader of Spartan Team Nova. Key your comms to UNSC-01, and welcome to Nova Team, for now.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2010-02-09 at 07:24 AM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

7. - Top - End - #217

Asuka

"Comm channel set. Thank you for having me along, sir." Asuka says as the Eva beguins adjusting to the extra weight

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Its no problem at all.
    Kurt addresses the entire platoon now.
    Alright, marines lets move out!
    The convoy begins moving with the hulking Elephant leading the convoy. Some loud music can be heard playing from the Elephant. The Hornets begin to form a loose circle around the ground team and Asuka's EVA. The Hornets are smaller than one of her EVA's hands but swiftly fly around her.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2010-02-09 at 07:46 AM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

9. - Top - End - #219

Asuka

Unit-02 follows the platoon.

"American Metal, hrmp." she playfully scoffs at the Spartan's choice in music, her German heritage showing.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Somehow even though Connor in the Drivers seat of the Elephant being blasted by music, he hears her comment.
    I've got some other music if your outside the American Metal Genre if you don't like this stuff you know.
    Alicia jumps in.
    I don't know how anyone could enjoy that noise, Connor.
    Hey! Its not noise. Its called Metal.
    Linda chimes in.
    Enough. Connor could you at least lower the volume.
    *sigh* Fine...

11. - Top - End - #221

Asuka

"No the metal is fine, for it's unrefined American form but if we wanted to inform the whole jungle where we are this close to the base I could have stayed on the base's power supply."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Connor starts to say something then pauses
    ...Crap.
    He lowers the volume by half pretty much constricting the noise to the driver room of the Elephant.

Linda climbs out of a hatch on the top of the Elephant's armored roof with her Sniper Rifle. She was carrying her rifle when they first met, but was in its separate pieces. Now its put together and at full length of 66ins. hanging off her back. She turns to Asuka waving before seating herself on the top of the roof holding her rifle.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2010-02-09 at 06:07 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Shinji
    "Your father loves you Shinji." She says, taking a leap of faith, even if it was a risk. "Anyone with eyes can see that. I can tell at a glance how proud he is of who you are and what you've achieved. You know, when he contacted me, he was all but crying, wishing he understood what he was supposed to be doing, what he should say. He doesn't know how to tell you." She smiles again. "Besides, you don't need things. Even gold loses it's luster after time. You have friends here, all who care about you, and that is far more important then anything else."

Spartans
    As Nova gets out of the hatch, an arrow hits her in the shoulder, as hard as being hit by a sledgehammer. The natives are primitive, but considering their size, a composite longbow has a jaw dropping amount of force. Other shots, equally well aimed, are impacting against the tracks and windows, but seem to be having no effect. None are penetrating, and being under attack so far is quite safe.

Asuka
    The ambushers are not firing at you, with good reason, they understand they have nothing that can hurt you as of this moment. Instead they are keeping out of your sight, and you are yet to get a visual. Unfortunately for them, you have other instruments to fall back on...
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-09 at 10:06 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Yeah, the Spartans have Power Assault Armor, that has protective shielding.))

Linda armor flares as the arrow hits. Its shields at 70% strength. Linda is knocked back but wastes no time identifying the multiple enemies and starts painting them as targets for the Hornets and Warthogs.

Kurt yells over him comm.
    Linda!
    Linda replies after targeting three of the Na'vis heads and firing with penpoint accuracy.
    I'm fine, just watch your head, those arrows are strong despite how primitive they are.
    Right, Platoon, focus fire on the blue creatures.

The Hornets fly just a few metres above the canopy, and fire their Twin-Stallon 11mm HMG's The Warthogs do the same, breaking off from the Elephant chasing after any Native they see.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Samus
    Since they began their guerrilla war, the natives have vanished, and the NERV's best attempts to keep them under observation, the Na'Vi vanishing into the jungles like ghosts. All the locations you read are as much as a month out of date.
    One area however, Vitraya Ramunong, is outlined in red. Every foray and scouting done in that area has encountered natives. It seems a substantially better bet then blundering around waiting to run into them.

Firefly
    Jayne, Kaylee, Mal and Zoe are in the living room. The soldiers have left, and they have shared their personal discoveries with each other. They are transporting a metric tonne of unobtanium for the Alliance. The mind boggles at such a sum. No wonder the pay was generous, every pirate in the 'verse would come after them if they knew.
    Samus

The green foliage and undergrowth made visibility a clear issue. Switching to her thermal visor, Samus heads in the direction of Vitraya Ramunong.

Firefly: Ship's Crew

Wash speaks first. "So, what should we do?"

"Isn't it rutting obvious? Sell it to the highest bidder. Make a whole lot more." Elequent as always, Jayne gets right to the point.

"Hey..." Mal.

Zoe cuts him off. "But I find that the difference between 10 million platinum and 2 million platinum to be pretty much the same. And as much as I hate working for the Alliance, selling this stuff on the open market is just too risky. It's not worth the extra cash."

"Fellas..."

Gesturing vaguely to his body, which still bore marks from Niska's journey of self-discovery, Wash supports his wife. "I'm going to agree with my wife here. Remember when Niska and his crooks took the Captain and me? Or when we tried to sell the Lassitor? We still have it, by the way."

"SHUT UP!" Polite interjections having failed to work, Mal tries a more direct approach. "This isn't a debate. This is one of the Alliance's buddies we're hauling cargo for, and I do not stand for that. We were tricked into this job, however gilded the cage, and so we aren't going to finish this job. We're going to go with Jayne's plan...and I can not believe I just said that."

Kaylee, having been silent throughout most of this conversation, decides to throw in her two bits. "Well, once we get paid, there's a whole bunch of repairs we need to do before any of us think about what we're going to spend it on" lost in thought for a moment, Kaylee dreams of strawberries...and a particularly shiny dress she saw that would make Simon go...."For starters, we'll need to replace the Mule. Lower in importance is the primary buffer panel, and the gravity drive containment field generators could use some spares. But I should stop talking now, since Mal's looking at my funny..."

Nodding his head in silent thanks, Mal resumes his briefing. "We're going to finish help them load the cargo, get into the black, and never come back to this gorram world. Now then, Inara's busy whoring, and Book's giving Mass, so...where are our two delightful little runaways?"

Simon and River

Stepping over the unconscious body of her brother, River kneels to stare directly into Yoda's eyes. "I punched him for a good reason. He keeps sticking needles in me; that isn't very polite. And he thinks Kaylee's prettier than I am. Do you?"
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Serenity
    Wash claps his hands slowly and loudly to get attention. "Ah, Question? It would be nice to reach an actual resolution for once. You know, think things through." He says loudly. "Now, as nice as the thought of spending the rest of my life on a tropical paradise planet named after Zoe, who the hell do we sell it to? It's not what it's worth, it's what the market will bear." He says. "Now I know we know people, but they're mostly small-timers. And if we got them all together, they could perhaps buy a single box. We could sell these for a fraction, a very small fraction, of what they are worth, but we wouldn't make enough profit to be worth running from the Alliance for the rest of our lives, and besides, I'm ideologically opposed to selling at so cheap. But anyone with the money to afford it who doesn't mind working outside the law would find it much cheaper to make us vanish then pay us."

Spartans
    You hear surprisingly human screams, and a few corpses fall out of the undergrowth you targeted. Flames lick the foliage, and a cloud of dirt and smoke obscures the area.
    The arrow do not stop, coming from other directions as well. Then you hear shrieks, sounding like a cross between birds and lizards.
    Reptilian in appearance, a brilliant, incomparable blue, with natives on their backs swoop over above the Hornets. Aerobatics, speed and incredible maneuverability make them all but impossible targets, and they close into kill range easily. One, braver or stupider then the others gets closer and grabs one of the gunners between it's jaws, shaking him as a terrier shakes a rat. His screams are cut off with a sickening crunch. Another picks of the pilot with an incredible shot, leaving the machine veering crazily to crash into the forest a few miles distant.
    The other two veer heavily to the left, opening fire on the banshee's. They'll be occupied for quite some time. There goes your air support.

Samus
    You sense a heat trail to your left, faint, but recent, or at least, probably occurred today.
    Two humanoids, you guess from your scans, moving slowly. Beyond that you can't tell.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-09 at 11:03 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Serenity

"Now that...that...that's a very good point. And I have an explanation. For that point." Taken momentarily aback by Wash's argument, Mal fumbles over his words for a second. He soon recovers, however, and raises a finger for emphasis.

"Now, it's true we don't know anybody that high up the ladder. And it's true that the people we do know won't be able to buy enough of the cargo. But we know somebody who can help us. Remember that old classmate of yours, the one who keeps hitting on Zoe?"

"Hard to forget him, sir," Zoe chimes in, with a tone suggesting absolutely nothing. Especially not murder. Not at all.

"Well, that's who we'll have help us. We'll help strike a deal with Mr. Universe."

Samus

Switching back to her scan visor, the bounty hunter cautiously approaches the pair, initiating a brief scan as she does so. All she really needed was their species.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Samus Aran

The trail leaves the ground, making it's way through the lower anopy, where it crosses a few others and then vanishes. You are all but ready to despair of your chances of ever finding them, when your sensors notify you that you are being watched.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #229

Asuka

Unit-02 takes up it's giant rifle and fires wildly into the forest. Asuka isn't trageting the Na'vi but the trees in which they are hiding.

"Come out and fight you blue cowards!"

Seconds into her little venture in deforestation she notices the dragons that are engaging the Banshees. (That is a weird sentence to type in a Sci-Fi game.)

"Thats more like it!" Asuka yells as she redirectd her fire int short bursts at the dragons and tries to avoid hitting the banshees.

Shinji

"No, nobody cares about me. They just want me here because I can pilot an EVA. Expecially my Father, before he called me to pilot an EVA he left me with my teacher for Fourteen years. He only called upon me because he had a use for me, not because he cared."
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-02-10 at 09:05 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Umm, those aircraft are Hornets, not Banshees.))

The pilot of one Hornets is ripped out of his seat screaming as the dragon flies away. One of the Marines on the Left Wing survives the attack and shoots the beast with his Assault Rifle before jumping off, landing into the tree. The Hornet careens off into the canopy before exploding, incinerating a tree. The rest of Hornets begin evasive maneuvers aimming at the dragons, now firing rather slow heat seeking missiles at them.

Linda continues pulling headshots on the Na'vi as Luther comes out lugging a large steel shield, and with a Spartan Laser on his back. He points it at one of the dragons after putting down the shield in front of Linda and Luther and begins charging his laser. When it fires, it burns circular holes through trees and foilages and should hit one of the dragons in its torso blasting straight through it.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Samus Aran

The trail leaves the ground, making it's way through the lower anopy, where it crosses a few others and then vanishes. You are all but ready to despair of your chances of ever finding them, when your sensors notify you that you are being watched.
    The Hunter considers her options. Deciding that the drain on her missile capacity is worth the risk, she charges her plasma beam and, converting some of her missiles into energy, unleashes a flamethrower, hoping to smoke them out.

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

Energy: 1%, 8 energy tanks remaining
    Power Bombs: 7
    Missiles: 110

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

JOHN CARTER OF MARS
    I parried Tsu'tey's haymaker with my forearm, and instantly regretted the decision. Pangs of pain shot through my arm and into my shoulder and torso. With my free hand, I seized Tsu'tey by the neck and hauled him, heaving with the rest of my body to flip him over my shoulder. From my standing position, with him on the branch before me, I sprung onto his back, and held his neck between my arm and my chest, wordless roars of rage escaping my mouth and his as we grappled. The smell of sweat and Tsu'tey's own earthy scent mixed and became so strong as to be unbearable. Tsu'tey swore at me in his strange tongue, and struggled to get me within his vice-like grip, but from my position on his back he could not reach me.

We grappled for some time, until Tsu'tey rolled cleverly, and tossed me forward. I felt the breath being forced out of my as I hit the tree hard, and sucked in air from the exopack strongly. Recovering, with the adrenaline rushing in my veins, I sprang towards Tsu'tey before he could stand up fully, hooking my foot into the straps of his belt, my right fist pounding into his face over and over again. With balled fists and raking claws, he pounded back, but to my luck I managed to avoid blows to my face that would've shattered my mask and left me to suffocate in the toxic Pandoran air. Regardless, my grey shirt became torn to shreds in some places, and stained dark by my blood in others.

"Damn it all, Tsu'tey, what have I done to you? I am not your enemy!" I yelled at him, relenting for a moment, but with my right fist still cocked, ready to drive down into his jaw again. I knew that I could draw my sword, or my radium pistol, and the fight would be over in seconds, but something compelled me to fight him fist to fist. Afterall, he had attacked me with his fists, and by the laws of the Tharks, you had to meet an attack with the same weapon or a lesser one. I smiled inwardly, surprised that the harsh laws of the Green Men still had such a hold on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

John Carter
    Tsu'Tey sprung to his feet, barely breathing heavily. "Your people kill mine. They burn our home, for what?" He growls. "They kill us, for what? Home not just where you live, ghost. Its who you are. You took from my people that which makes them people, for what? I don't care what you say. You are like them. Blood will tell. You sky people all the same, and I will fight you until I die." He said, then hissed again. He'd learned about your agility the hard way, and was now watching intently, waiting for you to make the first move.

Halo
    You smile grimly as you reload. Four shots. Two definite kills, one fatal wound in the chest, and one miss. Not your best shooting, but they'll run out of attackers long before you run out of shots.
    Superior armament seems to be carrying the day so far, the Na'vi getting lucky a few times when they reveal a new trick, but mostly simply harassing you. No more then six casualties on your side, perhaps thirty on theirs. Of course, there are a lot more Na'vi then human soldiers on the planet.
    Suddenly, something springs down from a tree, wrapping around your neck. The trap is so crude, you didn't even guess at it. A noose, pulling you up into the canopy rapidly.

Asuka
    The gun is wildly inaccurate at this range (about a kilometer if your asking), but you think you've got lucky twice. You miss what happens to Linda as you are busy watching the skies.

Samus Aran
    The undergrowth is wet, and so while it catches in the incredible heat and the fire spreads rapidly, it releases more smoke then you expected, flooding your sensors and leaving you all but blind. You hear sounds of rapid moving from in front of you, and an odd, warbling cry.

Serenity
    The loading is done in half an hour, leaving you for a long, awkward wait. Each one of you is left to grapple with their doubts about their mission. River and Simon are still missing, Inara is still working, and Book is still out.

Shinji
    Inara uncrossed her legs, not particularly provocatively. "I think you are being unfair to the people you work with. Many of them look up to and admire you, hold you in awe even. To them, you are something to model their lives on, hoping they can be like you. Your not just a lonely boy, to them, and to me, you are someone to look up to."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-10 at 05:39 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Luther is cuaght in the noose...for about a second. He take his hand and lightly grips the noose snapping it and removes the vine. He turns to Linda.
    Wow, those guys must be fast, I hardly see you miss a shot Linda.
    Linda smiles a little weird at him, most likely taunting.
    It was pretty difficult hitting those blue natives with all the surrounding foliage. They had the advantage, knowing their surrounding better then me.
    Luther shrugs.
    Good point.

Kurt calls in addressing the platoon and Asuka.
    Alright, Status. We have any injuries, casualties, vehicle damage.
    The Sergeant of the group repsonds.
    Despite the arrow through my Warthog, were fine...Scratch that we lost a Hornet
    One of the marines climbing down from a trees chimes in.
    This is Private Dunner. I lost my Hornet, Kurt. Can me, and my friend catch a ride?
    Hop in kid, whats your status.
    Green, sir. My friends arm is a little messed up, but he can still shoot.
    Good enough.

Asuka hears over the comms from the marines in the Hornet and Warthogs.
    A gruffly voiced marine cheers: Nice shooting kid, watched a few of those blue b******s get vaporized by that machine gun of yours.
    One of the Hornet pilots adds to it
    Yeah, way to go out there. Almost lost my head to that dragon thing.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

The natives have vanished like ghosts. At last you see no real option but to continue the patrol. There were no roads, but that isn't a problem, Mobile fortresses Make roads. The ground is very uneven, and you see plenty of opportunities for ambush, but no more. Either they were driven off by your initial show of strength, or their biding their time, waiting for something.
    A herd of massive herbivores, brightly colored with odd, hammerlike heads and six legs meander in front of the convoy, snorting gently to each other.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Connor stops the Elephant in front of the herd looking at them curiously. The platoon stops as well.
    Kurt, you might wanna come up here and see this.
    Kurt walks into the Driver room
    What is it?
    Look, some type of land creature. Looks like some cross between a Bison and a Hammerhead Shark.
    Well...that's different. Lets see if we can stir them.
    Kurt climbs out seeing Linda logging the creature.
    You gonna try to move those creatures.
    Worth a shot, or we may have to turn back.
    Kurt hops into one of the Warthogs driving it a little closer honking the horn.
    Come on, shoo now.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

The Sturmbeest's form up into a line, heavy brows pointing at you, heads lowered. It is clear they have perceived you to be a threat, and may stampede if further provoked. Given that they are all close to five meters long and weigh a good few tonnes, that could be bad. The young and old get behind the line as they pack closer together, making heavy, snorting sounds.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Whoa, whoa not what I expected.
    Kurt think fast trying to understand the creatures intentions. His reaction time is impeccable immediately coming up with a plan of action.
    Platoon fall back to the Elephant. Get the Warthogs to form a line on the sides of our command vehicle and pull back slowly. All Hornets find a clearing in the forest and lower in front of the beasts. Try revving your engines it could keep them away. What ever you do don't fire, that hide looks to tough to penetrate.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

The Massive animals watch you inscrutably until you've backed away, holding the position even after it's clear you've fallen back as their reaction times are very slow, then eventually begin to break away and go back to grazing. They move very slowly, and you suspect they might be there for a good while.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #240

Asuka

"I can use my AT-Field to make a path through if we need to." Asuka suggests unaware that since non Earthlings don't desecend from the Black and White Eggs AT-Fields are useless against them.

Shinji

"How could you look up to me? You didn't even know I existed until my Father called you." Shinji says with a sigh. He starts to get up and head for the door.

"It's been nice talking to you but I really should begin my patrol." In reality he knows his Father won't let him leave the base right now but this conversation is going nowhere and is just making him akward.