New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default (4e) Looking for a quick crawl through some ruins, suggestions?

Heya! Day 1 of my new campaign is almost upon me, and I am running out of prep time. I need to throw in a decent crawl through some ruins, anybody know where I can find something like this for free? Thanks!
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (4e) Looking for a quick crawl through some ruins, suggestions?

You can download any number of LFR adventures for free on the WOTC site, several of which include dungeon crawls.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Map Generator - add flavor as you see fit to make it ruins-y.

Encounter Generator - there was a better one out there that let you customize the location and type of the monsters, but google has failed in finding it for me.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Perfect guys! Thanks : )
    Gary Gygax: "As an author, I also realize that there are limits to my creativity and imagination. Others will think of things I didn't, and devise things beyond my capabilities".

Also Gary Gygax: "The AD&D game system does not allow the injection of extraneous material. That is clearly stated in the rule books. It is thus a simple matter: Either one plays the AD&D game, or one plays something else."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

If the above ideas don't work out for you and you're willing to pay money, you could also pick up a copy of Dungeon Delve.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flarp View Post
    Map Generator - add flavor as you see fit to make it ruins-y.

Encounter Generator - there was a better one out there that let you customize the location and type of the monsters, but google has failed in finding it for me.
    Wow, um...does anyone happen to know a map generator like this except I can plan the map myself? I mean...besides paint.