New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Idyll Heresies [IC]

Cipher

Tossing the ugly doll to the side, Cipher follows the others into the next room,

"Nothing wrong with the horrid little dolls, besides the fact that they're ugly little blighters. My best guess, it's how he got the drugs in, pack 'em in the dolls with a whole bunch to cover the few that are actually carrying the drugs."

As Xanthia confirms the presence of multiple creatures Cipher shakes his head,

"Whatever they are they are not rats or some type of animals, the five or six that are in this room have a psychic...stench to them, makes me nauseous, besides which they're following us but not letting any of us get too close. That and there is something in the next room. I'm not sure what it is, because there's some sort of interference, all I am getting from it is a faint feeling."

Looking at Quint with concern clearly on his face,

"This Prim fellow or any of his enemies ever show abilities that might not be natural? Because I cannot see them affording the kind of equipment necessary to interfere with the immaterium in such a manner, which leaves a few options, none of which are pretty."

Spoiler
    Show
    Power Roll to Sustain Sense Presence: (2d10)[1][10](11)
    Threshold:7
    Last edited by Chucho108; 2010-02-09 at 06:41 PM.
    "That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest-son-of-a-bitch in space!"

"This one has forgotten whether or not it has replaced its weapons' heat sinks. It wonders if the criminal scum considers itself fortunate."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Nodding to Quint, hack draws his weapons and moves to the next door. If nothing further impedes him he will quietly asess the door, whether it's armoured, whether it's locked, etc. If all seems clear he motions for the others to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

The door is neither armored nor reinforced. As Hack wraps his hand around the handle, you notice it is unlocked and would probably open with ease, should you attempt to do so.
    "Have You seen the Yellow Sign?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi

DM says: WHY!? WHY!? WHY?!
    DM means: NO! NO! NO!!!
    Player hears: GOOD JOB PLAYER! DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

Amazing avatar of "The King In Yellow" by Ceika

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Pius looked sideways at Loken. "Cover the door," he whispered, keeping his voice low. "The rest of you, find good firing positions. Use the crates for cover. And keep a watch on those vermin, psyker, whatever they are."

Chainsword and laspistol at the ready, he advanced to the other side of the door from Hack, his back to the wall. Thumb hovering over his blade's switch, he tensed his arm - anything that came through the door was going to get a face full of chain-teeth. Looking across to the tech-priest, he raised the fingers around the grip of his laspistol twice, and then the first two a third time - ten seconds for the others to get into position.
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-02-09 at 07:00 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia takes up position behind a crate from which she can see the door at about a 45 degree angle, so she should get a wide field of fire as the door is opening.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I cover the door with my throwing knife in my hand.Yes sir
    Last edited by AssassinKing; 2010-02-09 at 07:35 PM.
    Faith in the Emperor.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher
    "This Prim fellow or any of his enemies ever show abilities that might not be natural? Because I cannot see them affording the kind of equipment necessary to interfere with the immaterium in such a manner, which leaves a few options, none of which are pretty."
    "Not that I know of, they ain't. Still, never know; so far this's been gettin' more an' more ugly by the second."

Quint kneels next to Xanthia, bracing himself and using another crate to steady his aim.

"Let's see what's what, shall we?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Once he's sure everyone's ready, Hack motions that he's about to open the door, then hooks the door handle with the tip of his sword and slides it open quickly, aiming his shotgun into the space beyond ready to fire if necessary.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

An overwhelming stench bursts trough the door as you open.

Pius and Tech:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Smell hits you hard, as you are nearest! Though Tech has never smelled something this bad, he’s still relatively accustomed to bad odors. Pius, having spent some time on the front-lines, is also no stranger to the reek emanating from the room. Still, the smell is bad enough that it has a chance of catching you by surprise, and causes you to lose your previous meal on the floor. (Toughness +20 or you Vomit if you fail by two or more degrees)

You open the door and look upon a room different then the others. Fewer crates take up the space here, leaving room for both a sputtering generator, to which all of the cables seem to be connected too on one side and what looks like a sleeping area (complete with chamber pot, an old bed and a lumpy pillow) on the other.

A single fallen lamp, near the old sagging cot, throws some light against the back of the wall: the only such source in the room.

The stink of generator fumes and the lamp scorched floor is overpowered by something much worse: the decaying odor of death and decay that greeted both acolytes standing at the door, and its source: the corpse of one Quint quickly recognizes as Prim Venkasterswaran.

What’s left of body awaits you, lounging in an open and half-empty crate of peculiar design, different from the ones you have seen up to this point. His glassy eyes take no particular note of you. Prim has not been dead long, judging by the sounds and stink of gasses still escaping from his corpse. On the floor, near his grisly remains, lay a trio of burst translucent, transfusion sacs. Instead of plasma, however, brown flakes spill from these onto the gory floor.

Cipher:

Spoiler
    Show
    Now that you see it, you realize the static you feel is centered on the corpse.

You will need to move closer to examine the corpse further and investigate the room.
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-09 at 08:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Pius turned away from the door, retching uncontrollably. Sinking to his knees, he sheathes his sword, clapping the freed hand over his nose and mouth.

"Well," he gasped. "At least it's not an ambush."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

As whiff of the stench hits her location, Xanthia activates her respirator and rises slowly, stepping forward toward the door. She scans the room for heat signatures, and sets her mask to take a photo of the corpse from the doorway. "My mask protects me from the stench... I can go in if someone is willing to cover me."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Xanthia:

Spoiler
    Show
    Strangely enough, you detect a heat source inside the room: the corpse itself is littered with a multitude of static spots. Spots of "heat" are also sewn across the gory floor around it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

"I will examine the room also," Seeing no immediate danger, Hack steps into the room to examine the body, and the situation it's in, making sure not to step in whatever those flakes are, and keeping his gun trained on the corpse out of habit. You don't survive long on Volg by making assumptions, and there's some wierd stuff there. He glances around the room before bending to peer at Prim.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia pauses on the threshold, apparently waiting for cover, she seems to be scanning the room. She grabs Hack's shoulder preventing him from entering. "Wait... there are multitudes of heat spots in that room... the corpse has several on it, not moving. It could be some kind of invisible parasite..."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack (And Anyone else who goes into the room at any point)

Spoiler
    Show

With the door open, the smell has dissipated slightly. Though it is still disturbing, you have time to mentally prepare yourself before entering.

Once inside, you find that Prim was butchered, his throat opened by several savage cuts. His forehead, nose and the flesh around his eyes are a mess of pustules.

Prim's belly fairly bulges around his gun belt, swollen like a sausage. An autopistol is holstered at his side, untouched.

[OOC: You can attempt an Intel +10*X, where X is the number of people in the room to try and get more information, as there is clearly more to tell from the corpse but you lack the medical expertise to determine it. As a group, you'll be able to notice a few subtle details. You can also attempt a perception test, with two degrees of success to notice something in an epiphany.)]

Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-09 at 08:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia steps into the room, looking at Hack if he also goes in, "Stay away from the body itself and the floor around it... those static heat spots are there." Xanthia moves around the room toward the sleeping area. She avoids the corpse or anywhere that shows heat spots... she will withdraw if the heat spots start to move toward her or anyone else.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception Test: 31 vs (1d100)[35]
    Last edited by Wiz; 2010-02-09 at 08:56 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Xanthia:

Spoiler
    Show
    You stand before the sleeping area. As you had seen earlier, it is simply made up of a bed, a empty chamber pot and an empty pillow. There is an object protruding from bellow the pillow, you cant quite make out what it is.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia
    "My mask protects me from the stench... I can go in if someone is willing to cover me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack
    "I will examine the room also,"
    Quint nods his assent, gritting his teeth at the stench.

"Go ahead, ye two. We'll keep an eye out for ye."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia
    "Wait... there are multitudes of heat spots in that room... the corpse has several on it, not moving. It could be some kind of invisible parasite..."
    Quint moves closer to Hack and Xanthia, keeping an arm over the lower half of his face to partially mask the stench

"Can't see much... but probably rat's an' all manner o' other critter's goin' at Prim. Judgin' from that stench, he probably don't mind it, on account o' bein' in the hot place; still, like ye said, don't hurt to be cautious."

Quint's gaze roves over the corpse and takes in its mangled nature while he continues to draw breath through his sleeve. He stays next to Xanthia, his revolver held in a cautious manner.

Spoiler
    Show
    Int - (1d100)[39] (Target: 32+30)
    Last edited by Equis; 2010-02-09 at 09:06 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Quint:

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to your years of service and honed reasoning skills, you immediately note an anomaly with the corpse: Prim's corpse seems oddly fat for such an otherwise lean scum.
    Though the cheeks on his face are gaunt. Examining the blood on the floor and around the corpse, you notice something else that's peculiar: it is flecked with greenish black globules, like burned spice seeds.

However, as you are not close enough, you recognize the brown powder for what it is: without a doubt, it is the Idyll that you were looking for. There is something off about it though.

Edit: On a side note, the stench becomes more prevalent as you approach the corpse.
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-09 at 09:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Cipher

Trying to breathe shallow breaths, Cipher follows the others into the room,

"Xanthia is correct, whatever is causing that interference is on or inside our dead friend here. Might I suggest caution in regards to searching his person?"

Careful of where he steps he makes his way over to the generator, his paranoia keeping his eyes twitching back and forth, always glancing over the body.

"This speaks of something worse then gang warfare or the squabbles of scum. I fear there may be a witch involved with this."

"This one has forgotten whether or not it has replaced its weapons' heat sinks. It wonders if the criminal scum considers itself fortunate."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Cipher:

Spoiler
    Show
    Something catches the corner of your eye as it twitches about! There is a small hidden panel behind the generator: not too hidden, as some cables lead into it!

Edit: The stench is exponentially getting worst as the body seems to have decayed rather quickly...
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-09 at 09:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Quint frowns at Prim's corpse.

"Somethin' ain't right... Prim's a scum, and I'll be flogged if I ever seen a scum with that much weight on his bones. His face ain't got none o' the fatness around it either."

Quint looks down at the blood, examining it more closely.

"Somethin's off about this blood to; looks like it's got summat mixed in, though I can't really tell what. Looks like some kinda seeds ta me.

One thing I can tell fer sure though: that powder yonder's the Idyll we're lookin' for."

Quint continues to survey the room, his finger light on the trigger of his weapon.

"Emperor, that stink's gettin' stronger by the second..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Per - (1d100)[28] (Target = 38)

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

Cipher

Moving carefully, Cipher makes his way to the compartment slowly,

"It would appear that this is where some of those cables are headed. It may be the poor fellow's lockbox or personal stash. I may need your expertise Hack"

As he proceeds on the more mundane task of searching, the partioned portion of Cipher's mind, the part that deals with all matter estoreic and supernatural, is already attempting to puzzle out the beings that hide in the shadows of the building,

Spoiler
    Show
    Psyniscience: (1d100)[9]
    Threshold: 34

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Quint:

Spoiler
    Show
    A quick glance around the corpse, the crate it is in and the Idyll scattered around, and you realize that, unless Prim has stashed them somewhere else around the room, there isn't enough to make up the full quantity missing.

You'd have to physically gather them up to get a more general sense of how much there is exactly of the Original 100kg you were set out to recover.

Cipher:

Spoiler
    Show
    You detect a massive disturbance in the warp, and in an instant it hits you and you realize exactly what the static on the corpse means. It was not actually static, but a multitude of tiny disruption stacked together, voraciously chewing the corpse out from the inside, biting and tearing at each other in the process as they hack their way to the surface. A swarm of creatures not of this world, breeding off vile warp energy and the rotting infected blood of Prim, eagerly awaiting their chance to burst at any moment from the confines of their fleshy prison! They are powerful, hungry and ready to devour anyone in their way! It is a peste Swarm!

Your suspicions about the creatures in the second room turn out to also be correct, as they too give out a daemonic aura. You feel them gathering closer, as they ready themselves to greet the bursting swarm, surrounding those who did not enter the third room with you!
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-09 at 09:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

well... I feel useless. Loken whispers to him self. He sits down by the door cleaning and trying to put his hunting rifle together as fast as he can while everyone else investigates, also watching out in the crate room to see if anyone else comes in.
    Faith in the Emperor.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Loken:

Spoiler
    Show
    You hear the scattering of little feet as something moves about you really quickly... (OOC: Roll perception, add in the bonuses for your items Vs 11 (60))
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-09 at 09:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia reaches down and moves the pillow warily with her right hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    The scale suit extends to gloves - the recoil gauntlet on her left hand lies over the scale suit glove.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[50] 60 +13 for bonus and heightened senses if I did this right.

Oh my Buhda! What is this?! It's so weird. Loken Tries to point at them and get everyone's attention.
    Last edited by AssassinKing; 2010-02-09 at 10:08 PM.
    Faith in the Emperor.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

Quint sighs, lowering his weapon by a fractious amount.

"Hell if I know how this whole thing went down; either way, we've gotta see how much o' the Idyll is still there and see if'n we can't find anythin' we can use on Prim's corpse. Might be the killer left us a callin' card or summat."

Having said that, Quint begins moving towards the corpse in the crate cautiously, his eyes darting back and forth as he slowly approaches the bloated body of the former scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Garviel
    "Oh my Buhda! What is this?!"
    Quint's attention is drawn for a couple of seconds to Garviel, who seems to have spotted something. The Arbitrator stops and looks back over his shoulder, his focus drawn to the Assassin outside the room.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Cipher

"Everyone stop! Quint, Xanthia get away from the body, Loken, Pius, get in here now! The creatures in the building are daemons and the body is infested with a Peste Swarm. They're getting ready to attack we need to get ready for them right now. The little buggers are going to have to come through the door if I am right, but that Peste Swarm is going to be done with that body and on us in any damn moment."

Moving away from the generator, enough to keep his back against a solid object with a fire lane open,

"Anyone have a flame unit? A stubber is going to be pointless against the swarm and a las unit will not have much more effect."
    Last edited by Chucho108; 2010-02-09 at 10:31 PM.