New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Idyll Heresies [IC]

"All right," said Pius. "We're leaving."

He looked round at Loken.
    "Cover them. If any one of them takes a step towards the guns before we're gone, put a hole in his skull."

Finally lowering his laspistol all the way to his side, he addressed one parting comment to the woman.

"If you have any sense, you'll hand in those weapons to the Arbites and get out of this place." He pointed up to the metal sky of the underhive. "My regiment is here on leave, and any man or woman who knows how to handle a weapon has a place in the Imperial Guard. You can enlist, earn a living wage and a clean berth, and escape this cesspool. Or you can stay and rot here, and end up dead and damned, like this man."

He gestured contemptuously towards the dead courier with his pistol, and headed for the alley.

"It is better to die for the Emperor than live for yourself."

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d100)[93]
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-02-23 at 05:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Yes sir." He has the scope aimed right in the middle of the leader's head, slightly sweating from thinking about the fact if they decide to get their weapons, he could easily miss and all could fail.
    Last edited by AssassinKing; 2010-02-23 at 04:55 PM.
    Faith in the Emperor.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia is expressionless behind the mask, but holsters the Consecrator under her robe and when her hand emerges again it holds a photon grenade. "I think anyone makes a move toward the guns, they're going to be blind long enough to put three holes in their head." She backs slowly out with the others, the grenade held high as she does.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

Cipher

Nodding his head, but still not looking at the scum,

"Regardless the answer it was a question worth asking, this is a fellow who is dangerous enough on his own, if there are more like him it bodes ill for all in the Hive."

Moving towards Pius, but still trying to keep everyone out of his line of fire in regards to the body,

"I do believe Mr. Valdemar that it might be prudent to let the local authorities know where the body is so they may burn it. It may not be infested with anything, but anything touched by this 'Gange' should be put to the flame to prevent contamination."
    "That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest-son-of-a-bitch in space!"

"This one has forgotten whether or not it has replaced its weapons' heat sinks. It wonders if the criminal scum considers itself fortunate."

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking towards the scum, you can't help but notice slight movement behind them. Loud shuffling begins to echo from within the nearby receptacle.

There seems to be something inside the metal bin: and it is struggling to get out!

The container's lid bounces for a few seconds as the creature fights to free itself from the confines of its prison. Its chattering is maddening as its claws scratch the blue metal, screeching loudly like fingernails on a blackboard.

The scum turn to the face the bin, temporarily ignoring the acolytes.

"What the-" The woman begins, but before she has a chance to finish her sentence, the lid rises just enough for a small, sore covered claw to slip out and frantically scratch the outside casing of the receptacle as it attempts to squeeze itself in-between the crack.
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-24 at 12:09 AM.
    "Have You seen the Yellow Sign?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi

DM says: WHY!? WHY!? WHY?!
    DM means: NO! NO! NO!!!
    Player hears: GOOD JOB PLAYER! DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

Amazing avatar of "The King In Yellow" by Ceika

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh Spirit, not another demon." Hack draws his Meat Hammer and walks towards the bin, keeping his gun trained on the top, "Stand aside! I shall exterminate it."
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative (If needed): (1d10+1)[4]
    Going to ready to shoot whatever leaps out of the bin, if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Striding back towards the hivers, Pius trained his laspistol on the scrabbling claw, shouting for them to stay back - he stayed behind the tech-priest, knowing full well the destructive power of Hack's weapon far outstripped his own.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia puts away the grenade and draws her consecrator again, training it on the bin. "Looks like slimy is hiding his surprises in different boxes each time."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

Cipher

"Think our gun fire can pierce the bin? I'd rather not give the daemon even a chance to wreak havoc."

"This one has forgotten whether or not it has replaced its weapons' heat sinks. It wonders if the criminal scum considers itself fortunate."

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody:

The claw slips back inside the bin: the lid slams down. But the struggling from within intensifies.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack slowly approaches the bin, ready to fire at any moment. Once he's in position beside the bin, giving his allies line of sight to the bin, he places his hand on the top of the bin lid. In one surprisingly swift motion he yanks the lid off the bin and fires inside.
    Spoiler
    Show

WS: (1d100)[62]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack

Spoiler
    Show
    Chunks of gore and trash fly off from the bin, littering the area around you. The thunderous blast from the impact shakes the alley and leaves a distinct and unpleasant ringing in your ear. Your robes are further stained as some sort of slime has splashed over them.

Looking inside the bin, you find the mangled remains of what was, at one point before it was obliterated, a bloated (near obese) rat. Though the vast majority of the corpse no longer "exists", you can tell from what is left that the animal was unnaturally large, covered in weeping sores and puss.

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    When Hack fires, the blast reverberates across the alley and echoes further deep into the night. It overcomes your senses, leaving you momentarily deaf. As you regain your senses, you hear footsteps splashing in the dirty water behind you: no doubt attracted by the blast.

Turning around, you spot three hulking figures moving towards you. Between them, a small scrawny looking man advances, keep his eye fixed on the group.

"Well well, what do we have here? He begins. The ringing in your ears persists over his voice.

"Bloody..." The Woman shakes her head as she composes herself and turns her attention to the newcomers. "So your here too now, Finial? We already got some company, your gonna need to take a number" She hisses towards him.

As his group moves by the bin in the alley-way to block the lone exit into the street, Finial steps aside revealing the massive weapons held by the third member of his group: by far the biggest of the lot. You immediately recognize them for what they are: Twin-auto-guns. The other two move forward, as they reach for weapons strapped to their sides.

"I think we have priority here, Sabrina."He replies smugly,"Were not for here to cause any trouble either way, so let's have everybody drop their weapons, then we can talk."

He continues as he watches your movements.

"The Boss's been looking for one of his lost lambs, we'd heard he's been hiding out around these parts. Have you happened to see him, eh? Did ya see where poor Guiserp has gone?"

Sabrina bites her tongue, looking towards her weapons: unfortunately too far from her's, or the rest of her group's, reach. She looks to the acolytes, waiting for their reaction before she says anything. The scum stand still, no doubt waiting for their leader to act first.
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-24 at 12:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Pius did not drop his pistol.

"Your men would be well-advised to put away their weapons, Mr Finial. We are here on the authority of the Emperor's Inquisition, and your man Giuserp has absconded with a Warp-tainted substance."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia puts her gun away rather than dropping it and replaces it again with the photon grenade. "You have the biggest gun, so it should not trouble you that we keep our weapons while we talk. We are also looking for your missing comrade."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

15. - Top - End - #195
    Pixie in the Playground

Cipher

Swinging his gun away from the crate towards the new comers, Cipher keeps his face blank,

"My compatriot Mr. Valdemar is quite right, this matter has gone beyond the bounds of profit Mr. Finial. Regardless of how corrupt you are, the item in question has been corrupted by the warp, and mere possession of it could result in you are whomever comes in contact with it becoming a Daemonhost. Take it from a professional Mr. Finial, it would be in your best interests to go back, find a joy girl, and forget about this incident."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    Finial freezes, overwhelmed by the flood of information. A drop of cold sweat begins to roll down his forehead as he realizes exactly what's gotten himself into. Instead of a frown though, a crooked grin forms across his lips and he rubs his hand together in anticipation.

"Looks like Guiserp has finally made off with something worthwhile... probably gonna try to sell it... The boss will want to know..." He mumbles to himself. Oblivious to whether or not the acolytes can hear him. He then turns towards them.

"A Daemon-what-now?" He asks, perplexed."Warp-tainted merchandise? Listen: I will tell you THREE things that you should consider very carefully."Then raises a single finger into the air.

"One: there are no so such things as "boogie-men" or "bounds of profit"".He begins,then raises a second finger.

"Two: in these slums, it is always in one's best interest to stick with the owner of the biggest guns".He continues, then raises a third and final finger before concluding.

"And three: flaunting any authority is meaningless if you cannot back it up: especially down here." He smiles smugly, rather satisfied with himself.

"I would love to stay and chat, but I believe this little twist of fate needs to be reported. There's probably a reward in it for me" He says, his face gleaming with joy.

"Make sure they stay here, the Boss might want to talk to them after he's gotten his hands on Guiserp." He orders the goons, then turns to leave the alley.

Meanwhile, Sabrina and her group remain still: she glares at the scrawny man with hateful eyes as he turns to leave.

"Yeah, run back to your owner!" She yells after him, and spits on the ground.

He cringes, but otherwise ignores her before he begins to walk away, leaving behind the three brutes.

Two of them stand on either wall of the alley, leaving the one armed with the guns in the middle, blocking narrow passage between the receptacle unit towards the street.

Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-24 at 09:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack stands rigid, waiting for his ears to stop ringing. Once he hears the men approach from behind he stays where he is, with his back to them, calmly reloading the Meat Hammer.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Stepping forwards, Pius drew his chainsword, holding the distinctive weapon in plain sight.

"You're making a mistake, Mr Finial. The last two men to handle this substance are dead. Killed by the same witch we're hunting." He pointed with the tip of his sword to the body of the courier. "You can see for yourself what he does to his victims."

"You may be ignorant of what we have seen, but you know the penalty for colluding with Chaos. There is a sorcerer on the loose, and if you impede us in our duty you will answer to Inquisitor Yens."

He looked from Finial to the man's hulking henchmen - hopefully his words were reaching them too.

"We're losing precious time. Every second you delay us here is another hour on the auto-excruciators. Let us go, forget your plans to take the warp-drug for yourself, and perhaps you will be spared the justice you so richly deserve."
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-02-25 at 03:28 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Pixie in the Playground

Cipher

"I'm not so sure that Mr. Finial here is willing to listen to reason Mr. Valdemar. His kind think only in the bottom line, willing to damn everyone around them for a bigger slice of the pie. As an aside, comrades if you recall what I warned you of at Mr. Prim's abode, I suggest you do it now."

Looking directly at Mr. Finial,

"You say that a daemon is a boogie-man, that they are naught but the creations of a paranoid's madness? Then look close Mr. Finial, look very close indeed..."

Stepping forward Cipher's body starts to twist and mutate, his limbs elongate, his smile widens while his teeth file down to razor sharp points. A third eye sprouts in the middle of his forehead while a crown of horns burst through his scalp,

"And find true terror"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fearful Aura: (2d10+5)[8][8](21)
    Threshold: 7
    Overbleed: Every 10 points above threshold, increase Fear Rating by 1

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loken turns to face towards the 3 brutes and reaches into his cloak. He takes out a grenade. I think you should put down your weapons sir. He puts his finger on the pin.
    Last edited by AssassinKing; 2010-02-25 at 12:38 PM.
    Faith in the Emperor.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    Finial pauses for a moment, then answers the commissar.

"Ahh, it's a drug then? Nothing we haven't dealt with before. Either way, your mistaken: I won't be taking the product for myself. I am merely the messenger. I expect I shall be rewarded for this information, then sent on my way: I shall no doubt be out of this sector in less then an hour." He says, nodding to himself, satisfied with the opportunity to make some profit. Pausing for a moment, he then turns around to face him.

"If you think this "sorcerer" is going to go after the boss, then you should rest easy knowing that he will effectively be committing suicide by firing squad. You might as well make yourselves comfortable while you wait..." He then turns to Cipher.

"I have no intention of dealing with witc-" He begins with a snicker as he looks over Cipher. He is cut short though, as his features begins to contort: his face tightening, turning deathly pale. Nothing but a white blur with a dark center as his mouth opened into a silent scream.

He turns and bolts, attempting to run away back into the streets.

"FIRE! FIRE!" He barks at the thug with the guns.

One of the two thugs screams completely unable to come to terms with cipher has become. He collapses in a fetal position, mumbling something you cannot quite make out. As for the other, after seeing his friend drop like a rock, begins to shake uncontrollably: he recoils back, unsheathing his own weapon: an old model chain-sword.

Sabrina remains frozen in horror, staring at Cipher: completely unable to react: her group on the other hand breaks apart, they dash towards the stairs attempting to escape.

The final thug does as he is told: opens fire.

ROUND I: Begins with Pius taking the lead...
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-25 at 03:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

His chainsword's motor roaring into life, Pius threw himself forwards, lunging at the big brute with the autogun - if the man was allowed to open fire, it could spell disaster for them all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls OOC.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia puts away the photon grenade and pulls out her consecrator again. She takes aim at the big guy and fires.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ballistic Skill: (1d100)[14] vs. 31+10 = 41 - Damage: 5
    Last edited by Wiz; 2010-02-25 at 07:00 PM.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Loken puts his grenade back and goes to the bottom left area(or whatever you wanna call it. Commisar Pius, May I have permission to pursue Finial? He gets his grappling hook ready, just in case Pius gives him the order. After the hook is out he puts his bag back on his back, and slings his hunting rifle around his shoulder so he can climb.
    Last edited by AssassinKing; 2010-02-25 at 07:58 PM.
    Faith in the Emperor.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Pixie in the Playground

Cipher

His body reverting back to its natural form a sly grin forms on Cipher's face,

"Where are you going to run Mr. Finial, I have your scent now! Friends, I suggest you follow my earlier suggestion once more!"

Thrusting his right hand forward a blinding bright light erupts from his hand, followed by a shot directed at the bodyguard not in melee with Pius

Spoiler
    Show
    Flashbang: (2d10+5)[1][5](11)
    Threshold: 6 (Overbleed: Increases difficulty by 10)
    Ballistic Test: (1d100)[51]
    Threshold: 42 (Not sure what mods apply)

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Upon hearing the man's reaction, the tech priest whirls, keeping where he believe Cipher to be, from his voice, out of his line of sight. Taking in the situation he charges the brute who's started to fire, or whichever one is currently not enganged in combat, closing to point blank range and emtying his newly reloaded Meat Hammer into it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry it took a while, various stuff kept me away from my computetr yesterday.
    WS: (1d100)[14]

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody:

Spoiler
    Show
    As Pius charges the giant with the guns, Finial turns and begins to run away down the alley, turning left into the street in a panicked frenzy.

The Commissar brings down his sword on the twin auto-guns, displacing the brute's aim, but failing to do any damage. As the thug raises his arms in an attempt to crush him, a loud flash fills the alley quickly followed by a thunderous bang. The brute recoils back, blinded by the light and flails about in a daze. A bullet strikes his armor plating, piercing trough it: he seems to barely notice.

Nearby, the roaring of the second thug's chain-sword reinvigorates its owner. Imbuing him with a sense of power and security, it drowns out the sudden blast of noise emanating from the Psyker.

However, it does nothing to protect him against the energy bolt fired from the latter's Laz-pistol: the beam pierces his right shoulder and he growls angrily in pain.

Lashing out at the nearest target, the thug slashes his chain-sword across the air, Aiming for Pius: it screams loudly as it swings towards the distracted commissar. Luckily, a fraction of a second before it struck his flesh, another blast echoed nearby: the man and his sword are smash against the wall, propelled by Hack's powerful shotgun.

Sabrina remains frozen in place as she attempts to regain control of her sense while the crowd of dregs have long since scurried up the stairs and escaped into buildings.

Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC:15 damage ! The guy explodes. Congrats, Pius: You just dodged a bullet (or a chainsword...)]

Round II Begins:

Spoiler
    Show
    (Its going to be quick, Gun-brute is stunned: +20 to hit! Keep in mind, shooting into Melee incurs a -20 penalty, and the brute is already Hulking, which is +10. Shooters get an Extra +10 for being at short range, but any failure to hit may mean you hit Pius instead)

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-02-26 at 02:47 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Hack lowers his still-smoking shotgun, and raises his sword arm, charging towards the autogun brute, stopping beside Pius and raising his weapon to strike.
    Spoiler
    Show

no attack roll this round, spent the whole thing getting here :P I do give Pius a bonus to hit because we are now flanking.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Commisar Pius, May I have permission to pursue Finial?
    "Yes!"

Seizing the advantage offered by the psyker's attack, he lunged for his opponent once more, chainsword screaming.

Spoiler
    Show
    So it's +20 for Stunned, +10 for Hulking, right? Since I come first in the initiative order, I figure the Flanking bonuse doesn't come in until after Hack's turn comes up.

So vs. 70: (1d100)[29]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[7] (1d10+5)[10] (choose the best)

Huzzah, I hit something! Chainsword penetration is 2, if the guy's wearing any armour.
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-02-26 at 04:25 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Xanthia, seeing that the others are quickly taking out the three turns her gun toward Sabrina, for the moment - apparently gangless. "I'm guessing that you're feeling good, right about now, about your decision not to fight us."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald