New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Da'mall - Thread #2

Ilrien

The bladesman nods and excuses himself to bed. He's much to worn out--even without the added weight of his companion's deaths--to discuss the matter now. The war must go on, yes... but not tonight.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Ralen shakes his head as he silently leaves for his room. Sure, he was happy (if you could call it that) to get Jorgan's word about raising the druid from the dead, but that was out of question with Aidan and all the other ex-companions. Wondering again that how he got from being a frail bookworm to... a battle mage for the Resistance, he dozes off to an uncomfortable sleep.

3. - Top - End - #153

You hand the remains of Jahanne to Lars, who accepts them with a raised eyebrow and mock scowl. After you insure he does not actually plan to cook and serve the body parts, the three of you (DM'ing Kemble) head for bed.

[I]MISSION COMPLETED!
    Gained 10,000 XP.
    Reputation Gains:
    +1 Morienn Resistance
    +2 Dwarves
    +1 Corsand Population
    -2 Kalo Empire

(OOC: This should push every player to level 8)

The morning light begins to shine through the window as you awaken from your sleep. You feel refreshed; ready to begin the new day.
    All spells re-memorized. HP returned to maximum. This includes new spells/day that may have been earned through gaining level.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

After waking up going through a few stretches and light morning exercises Kemble looks for the others to see if they want to get breakfast.

5. - Top - End - #155

Ilrien

Ilrien groans--despite his exhaustion (and rapid escape from the awkward conversation with the Colonel), he'd stayed up a bit later for a nightcap. "Morning already?" He opened one eye, then the other, and finally both. "Ah, it is. I suppose there'll be time to sleep tomorrow. What do you think the innkeeper will have for us today?" With more cheer than anyone should have on three hours of sleep, the bladesman joined Kemble for breakfast.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Ralen

Joining the others after a really required sleep, Ralen appears with a book on his hand and an intrigued expression. Apart from a mumbled "Morning...", he keeps silent as he occupies himself with the book. A glance on the cover reveals the words "Angels and Demons" in bold letters, followed by another barely noticeable set: "A Treatise on the So-called Outer Planes and Its Inhabitants"
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2010-04-20 at 04:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jahanne

A familiar smell wafts through the door of the tavern - musk, and burned hair. Followed by a mound of blackened fur, carrying a spear. On the upside, the face is significantly cleaner than the last time she was seen. Jahanne's face lights up as she spots Kemble, Ilraen and Ralen. The dwarf hobbles forward and engulfs Kemble in an aromatic hug.

"Hey, boys! I understand I owe you my life. Let me get your breakfasts - least I can do for hauling my sorry ass back. I figure that I'd also come offer my services for a while. Dwarves pay their debts."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #158

Ilrien

The bladesman looks up from reading over Ralen's shoulder and flashes a warm smile. "You're looking rather better than when I saw you last." he greets the dwarf. "Perhaps you might join us for a bit of porridge?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jahanne

Nodding vigorously, Jahanne signals for the serving staff in order porridge - and eggs, and bread.

"Yeah. Porridge sounds great. Stomach's feeling really empty. Probably is. Again, thanks. I hear that everything else went smoothly, taking out the roadblock?"
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2010-04-21 at 01:51 AM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

10. - Top - End - #160
    Orc in the Playground

Kemble crinkles his nose when the dwarf grabs him for a hug, but turns it into a weak smile when Jahanne looks. "Yeah, I guess things worked out."

11. - Top - End - #161

Colonel Jorgan pushes through the back hallway into the common area. His glance reads the room in an instant as he scans the few faces in the crowd.
    The room is relatively deserted at this time of morning, and landing his gaze on your group, he approaches the table.
    "Putting rank aside," He mumbles somewhat softly, "May I join you?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Ralen

Seeing the druid up and healthy again, Ralen slams his book shut and chuckles enthusiastically.

"Welcome back, Jahanne!" is the only thing he can manage, but his mood is visibly lightened up. Putting the porridge bowl over the book, he eats hungrily until Jorgan joins the table. Ralen pauses, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course," he mumbles back, sliding to the side to give him a space to sit, if he'd like.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jahanne

Releasing Kemble, Jahanne moves inexorably over to Ralen and clasps the seated wizard as well.

"Good to see you too! Truth be told, of course, it's good to see anyone. So! What's next? I figure that you did me and the dwarves a good turn. Least I can do is return the favour."

As Jorgan enters and settles with them, Jahanne orders another bowl of porridge for him, and settles across the table.

"Good morning! Who do we have to kill next?"

Edit: Just saw Zjackrum's post.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2010-04-21 at 11:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164

Jorgan's eyes grow wide for a moment as he takes in Jahanne's words. He drops himself down into a spare chair with a sigh.
    "Nothing.... Nothing for now." He pauses, seeming looking for words. "In this kind of a campaign, you can't really afford to get too attached to anyone. We have to add to the casualty lists pretty much daily around here, and we don't have the resources to bring everyone back."
    He waives to Lars, who scowls, but brings him a mug of coloured liquid that smells strongly of alcohol, despite the early morning hour.
    "Besides name, rank and serial number, I often don't get much chance to socialize with the men. Lars rarely let's me out of the office sometimes, for my own safety. And at the same time, I send dozens - hundreds - of men on missions every day... And they don't all come back."
    He muses, staring into his mug before taking a long sip.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A short, lanky man enters the dining area, his hazel brown eyes surveying the room behind a set of delicate, metallic framed glasses. The searching eyes rest on the Colonel, and the man steps confidently through the room, stopping by Jorgan's side. "You requested my presence here this morning, sir?"

16. - Top - End - #166

Ilrien

OOC: Is it really that odd to have beer with breakfast? I'd thought it was the standard medieval drink at all meals... ^_^

Ilrien had little difficulty ignoring rank--indeed, he tended to regard the Colonel as equal in status to his own Viscountship, however much the bladesman worked to downplay his title here in Corvand. "It is a rough time, certainly..." Ilrien agreed with the Colonel. "But somebody has to do it. I'm sure His Majesty would approve of the work you're doing here. And the sooner we can get it done the better." There's a grim fatalism to Ilrien's thoughts, something he likely wouldn't have had a half-year earlier at court.

17. - Top - End - #167

(OOC: Welcome to our two new members, VinGoodman and Kol Korran! Also OOC - yes beer was a staple of the medieval diet if you want to be historically accurate. I was trying to infer that Jorgan was drinking a much harder drink.)

Jorgan glances up from his depression as he is addressed. He greets the newcomer with a very half-hearted salute.
    "Ah... Wilmorn, glad you could make it." Then to the group, "Gentlemen, this is Wilmorn Milner, another cleric on loan to us from Kelemvor." He makes quick introductions of all parties.
    "Pull up a seat," He says in a quite casual manner. "We're just about to have breakfast."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jahanne

Jahanne shrugs off the "gentlemen" comment, and gestures to Lars for a pitcher of beer and a couple more mugs.

"Hi, Wilmorn, was it? I'm Jahanne. The lads are Ilraen, Ralen and Kemble. Three braver and kinder souls...well, I'm sure you could find them, but why insult the lads so early in the morning. What'll you have? I'm celebrating this morning, so it's all on me."

19. - Top - End - #169

RedWizardGuy

"Thank you. Jahanne is it?" Wilmorn nudges his glasses up with his hand, as it had slid and settled a bit too low on his nose for comfort. He finds an open seat at the table and settles himself in. He glances up and catches Lars' attention just before Lars leaves to grab the beer. "Porridge, eggs and bread please. And red wine."

With a quick look around the table, he repeats the names of the new faces. "Morning, Ilraen, Ralen and Kemble. It's a pleasure to be dining with you all today. Did you all have a chance to work with Father Charles Denningham? I believe he preceeded me here. I had hoped he would help me prepare for this trip. Alas, he was rather reluctant to speak of it."

20. - Top - End - #170

Ilrien

"We are acquainted with the Reverend, yes." Ilrien was as formal as ever. "I trust he and his young charge made it back safely? Has anyone been found to take care of her, given her father's... unfortunate end?"

After the newly arrived priest answered, Ilrien continued with the requested briefing. "Well, I think it was meeting a demon-summoner that unnerved Father Denningham so, though I can hardly blame him." His voice was measured and not-quite forcedly cavalier. "Have you ever met a demon?"

21. - Top - End - #171

RedWizardGuy

Wilmorn considers the question for a moment. As he sifts through the catalog of creatures he has encountered thus far, he determines none could be properly categorized as demons. "I do not believe I have ever met a demon. I would need to confer with my deity on how to handle it, if I were ever to meet it."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Ralen

"Technically, what we encountered was a 'devil' rather than a 'demon', but never mind the details," Ralen joins the conversation with a grin. He greets the priest with a nod.

"As for handling them," he continues with a tone that makes it unclear if he's being serious or sarcastic, "We found that running around like headless geese tends to make them spend their precious borrowed time chasing you, instead of killing you.

"But I guess a simple protective ward spell or a dismissal spell would help too. Actually, I was reading about them just now,"
    he says, tapping the book that he laid down on the table earlier.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2010-04-22 at 01:30 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Avandra
    a young looking human woman approaches your table, dressed in simple yet tastefull grey and blue garment, raven hair, and pale grey eyes. though she is fairly plain looking, you feel a force of presence about her, and the way she carries herself shows of confidence but also... weariness?

The woman speaks warmly, but quietly."Ah Jorgan. sorry to have come a bit late, but last night's mission went a bit complicated at the end. i hope my information will prove usefull. it required... delicate persuasion."

the woman looks at the bunch of you with grey eyes, as if assesing, before sitting down with a wide open smile, speaking still in hushed tones. "you must be whom Jorgan have mentioned . Lets see... you must be Jahanne. Nice to meet you Ralen. you must be Kemble, and you must be Ilrien. that leaves you to be Wilmorn, the other recruit. My name is Avandra, i'm more used to be working on my own, but i'm sure our talents would meld well together. as to mine, they lie in the realms of decpetion, information gathering, and getting others to do as desired. but i can do well in combat, if needed."
    She strectches back on her chair comfortably "Exciting times ahead, i'm sure!"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    hey folks! is there an OOC thread?
    Last edited by Kol Korran; 2010-04-22 at 07:45 AM.

1. Special projects:
    Campaign logs archive, Campaign planning log, Tactical mass combat Homebrew, A unique monsters compendium.
    2. My campaign logs:
    Three from a GM's POV, One from a player's POV. Very detailed, including design and GMing discussions.
    3. Various roleplay and real life musings and anecdotes:
    For those interested, from serious to funny!

Thanks for reading!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jahanne

Jahanne grunts a welcome, and shifts over to make room for another chair at the table.

"Good to meet you, Avandra. I think you're just in time. Jorgen was about to tell us not to come back dead any more."

The dwarf, in her singed furs, smiles broadly.

"Ruins his day."

Spoiler
    Show
    Welcome, Kol Korran! As I recall:

Ralen - human, slender and scholarly young man
    Ilraen - lean, lightly armoured human warrior
    Kemble - leather-clad halfling
    Jahanne - dwarf in burnt furs

And the OOC thread is here.

25. - Top - End - #175

RedWizardGuy

Wilmorn looks up at the quip and speaks simply. "With Kelemvor's power through me, hopefully he will not be judging any of our souls in the forseeable future."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Avandra leans her hhead on her hand, as if fascinated by Jahanne "Tsk, tsk, tsk. being dead! such a nusiance! and it looks as if your clothes got quite a singing too. that always Irks me!" She then flexes her hands you lot seem like a formidable group, must have been something fierce to have killed one of you! this must be a tale indeed! pray tell!" she then catches the Colonel's eye "Hmmm, perhaps later. i feel the begining of another story in the making..."
    Last edited by Kol Korran; 2010-04-22 at 09:52 AM.

1. Special projects:
    Campaign logs archive, Campaign planning log, Tactical mass combat Homebrew, A unique monsters compendium.
    2. My campaign logs:
    Three from a GM's POV, One from a player's POV. Very detailed, including design and GMing discussions.
    3. Various roleplay and real life musings and anecdotes:
    For those interested, from serious to funny!

Thanks for reading!

27. - Top - End - #177

Lars gives an unimpressed sneer to Wilmorn as he places his breakfast order, but says nothing as he returns to the bar. Jorgan barks a quick laugh.
    "Wilmorn, as you don't seem to be acquanted with Sergeant Lars, I'll make the introduction for you: His weapon of choice is thumb-screws, and he doesn't like pretending to be a servant. Or for taking orders in general."

Jorgan gives a nod to Avandra as she joins the group.
    "Avandra has special talents I think may be of use, though she lacks the somewhat ham-fisted approach so common these days.
    "Moving on... As to the specifics of the infernalist at the road block... I did hear from Charles, and the girl is safe, but we can't find any clue as to what exactly he was planning. I'd guess either some manner of sacrifice or perhaps something more sinister.
    "Regardless, nothing but praise from Hammerfist, I'm happy to report. The confirmation that the 'bandit camp' was actually Kalo soldiers taking a larger cut of their goods certainly sticks in their craw.
    "Jahanne, have you had a chance to visit with Hammerfist lately?"
    Last edited by Zjackrum; 2010-04-22 at 12:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jahanne

Jahanne was clearly starting to take a weirdly perverse pleasure in being an honourary member of this little resistance 'club.'

No, sir. Been mostly dead all day. I'd be happy to check in with him tonight, though."

29. - Top - End - #179

RedWizardGuy

Wilmorn flushes as he realizes his mistake. He looks over to Lars, hoping to mitigate the situation, but Lars has already moved on. Oh Kelemvor, what have I done now?

At Jorgan's introduction of Avandra, Wilmorn returns his attention to Jorgan and the group. Realizing the possibility of repeating this mistake, he keeps quiet for the moment as he listens in on the conversation.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Ralen

Nodding a greeting nod at Avandra as well, Ralen briefly closes his eyes and listens to the voices around him. Sure, things were looking kind of nice as of now, but he can't help wondering how many of this new group is going to fall come next mission.

Shaking his head almost invisibly, he reopens his eyes and looks around as if nothing had happened.