New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Swat 4

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Swat 4

It's an old game (going on five years now), but it's still condensed gold in gameplay form; just recently bought the Gold Edition at EB (for 8 Aus dollars, which is definitely a great deal in any language; not to mention the service lady was hot and kept smiling at me, but that's a different story).

Anyway, I love me some SWAT 4; the missions, while narratively discontinuous, form the backbone of some of most solid, most fun, most deep, most satisfying, most rewarding gameplay in any game.

People harp on about Doom, Quake, F.E.A.R, Rainbow Six (frankly vastly overrated) et al but this game beats them all; except the Thief and System Shock series. It is that brilliant.

Has anyone else played this? What other people's thoughts on this game? Favourite things in the game? Favourite ways of completing missions?
    Last edited by Amiel; 2010-02-16 at 01:01 AM.
    To see the world in a grain of sand
    and Heaven in a wild flower
    To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    and eternity in an hour.

- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Swat 4

Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

I played this for a while with some of my friends. We got bored of the ridiculous AI pretty quickly, though, and we didn't have enough people to play against each other, so it didn't last long.

But it was alright, I guess, yeah. Worth $8 pretty easily. Though I guess most games are.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I saw a Let's Play of Swat 4 a few weeks ago by The Spoony One. Seemed pretty interesting, though perhaps not really my kind of thing.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

God, butt-numbingly tough game. Tore my hair out over it- but in an endearing way. The 'annoying old mother' mission was definitely the best.
    Thanks to Tape Measure for my avatar!

Steam Name- [GitP] Dragor. Captain of the random disconnect, Lieutenant of the 'Uncloaking in front of somebody' Brigade.
    League of Legends- Supernaturalist