New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default NarutoITP OOC IV: Exam Time! Shouldn't Hurt a Bit!

The official tag for NarutoITP threads is simply [NarutoITP]. Put that on any threads for this.

Questions and answers:

What is NarutoitP anyway?

NarutoitP is a FFRP universe which is heavily influenced (read: alternate version of the universe of) by the Japanese manga/anime Naruto.

Okay, but how is it different from, say, the Town or ACRONYM?

It differs in several important ways.
    First, it is a lot more uniform that the Town and ACRONYM. NarutoitP has ninja, shinobi, samurai, and jinchūriki of various countries and clans. It does not have, say, cyborgs or sniper kittys.
    Second, the plot of NarutoitP is going to be more directed. There are the good, the bad, and the ugly, and they are mostly organised. As such, most plots and stuff will be interwoven into one big plot. Or at least that's the intention.
    Third, NarutoitP is NOT in any way connected to the Town, at least not in the way ACRONYM is. i.e. you cannot have a character travel between the two. If you want a character in NarutoitP, it is for NarutoitP. You can have a version of the same character for both ACRO/Town and NarutoitP, but they are different characters.

How do I start?

Well, you want to post a character in this thread, and the character registry when it goes up, so everyone can find information on your character and so people can give you helpful criticism on it.
    To prevent a pattern that is all too easy to fall into, it's good to point out the fact that passive actions don't tend to get much attention.
    With that in mind, make a post and begin!

There are rules, right?

Yes, there are.
    Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here.
    Second, please remember that we plan to have a far more directed plot than ACRO or the Town. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first.
    Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.
    Fourth, have fun!

What the hell is going on?

Spoiler
    Show
    The Third Great Shinobi War has only been ended for thirty years, but already the peace seems to be rankling under the skin of the countries that found themselves on the losing side. But the advent of new weapons, jinchūriki, and the awesome power of the beasts contained within them has kept open hostilities from breaking out once more. Now these fledgling weapons are growing into lives of their own, to the gain or detriment of their villages, and are causing chaos in the world of shinobi.

Will another Great Shinobi War erupt from the stale peace? Or will the shinobi of the world figure out a way to live in harmony with one another? Only time will tell but evil always lurks just out of sight, waiting for weaknesses to exploit.

Not a terribly enlightening history overview, but I'm leaving a lot of it to be determined by the players as a whole beyond a few basic guidelines of...

-Every village is on their third or fourth kage.
    -The tailed beasts are unlikely to hold the same forms, but the same general power level.
    -Smaller countries and villages do exist but not in over-abundance.
    -An organization similar to Akatsuki exists as well under a different name and goal (though has a similar means)
    -This is alternate universe, the canon characters do NOT exist.

Anything else can be determined as the game goes on and will be added to that summary as it becomes relavent.

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
    These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so I adopted them into this one, because they work.

1. Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
      Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
    2. TALK major fights over with your opponent!
      This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
    3. Don't argue in the OOC!
      They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

And, just so there is an example for people to follow for character entries...

There, an example of the format and a character to be finished later as well. Due to a logical worry brought up to me over an IM though, I suggest we stick to one Hidden Village at this time to keep people from spreading out too much. If, say, Kirigakure only had two PC's playing in it, then chances are it's going to die off very quickly because of lack of activity. In other words, once/if the game gets going good and you want to introduce one of the other villages or some other faction into the game, give your idea in the OOC and make sure you have enough people so the village or faction doesn't just disappear from inactivity before you go and set it up. This will ensure that a given faction or village gets the attention it deserves by the players in it, hopefully. This does NOT mean you can't have a character from such places, just try to keep from making a completely separate thread for them until you have enough interest.

Elemental Combination Bloodlines
    {table]Element|Fire|Water|Earth|Wind|Lightning
    Fire|Fire|Boil|Lava|Poison|Plasma
    Water|Boil|Water|Wood|Ice|Storm
    Earth|Lava|Wood|Earth|Dust|Crystal
    Wind|Poison|Ice|Dust|Wind|Cloud
    Lightning|Plasma|Storm|Crystal|Cloud|Lightning[/table]

Konohagakure
    NarutoITP Wiki
    Character Registry Thread

That said, have a ball!

The password for the Wiki I'm trying to set-up is 'shiki fuujin no jutsu'.

OOC's
    OOC I: Cha
    OOC II: Sexy No Threadjutsu
    NarutoITP OOC III: Flashbacks and orphans ahoy!
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-02-22 at 03:41 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: NarutoITP OOC IV: Exam Time! Shouldn't Hurt a Bit!

And new thread is up!
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Callos had a title picked out, if memory serves.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    If and when I'm informed of it, I should be able to change it.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, I love the smell of napalm new threads in the morning afternoon.

Also, I think the information in the first post might need to be updated.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Like what?
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Innis, do you want to finish the ramen restaurant scene, or would you prefer to save that for later?

8. - Top - End - #8

Ah, sorry. I'll post by the end of the night. /shame
    My Current Works

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

I was updating the wiki of my characters by including the images that Kasanip made of them, (Which are Awesome by the way, Kasanip!) and I noticed that Endo Daichi didn't have a page. So I made it for him.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

Hey all! Two things. Firstly, are we waiting on people for the exams to go forward? Just curious. Secondly, I was thinking of introducing a new character. Working on the details, but something along the lines of an artificial human created through NINJA SCIENCE that winds up in one of the villages.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I was updating the wiki of my characters by including the images that Kasanip made of them, (Which are Awesome by the way, Kasanip!) and I noticed that Endo Daichi didn't have a page. So I made it for him.

I am happy you like them

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    Hey all! Two things. Firstly, are we waiting on people for the exams to go forward? Just curious. Secondly, I was thinking of introducing a new character. Working on the details, but something along the lines of an artificial human created through NINJA SCIENCE that winds up in one of the villages.
    I think maybe you should talk to Callos...he had a Ninja science idea as well...
    I think an artificial human could be interesting, but it also could be not a good thing. I will wait dutifully to see more information
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-02-17 at 10:15 PM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    but it also could be not a good thing.
    Hmmm...just out of curiosity, why the concern?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Hmmm...just out of curiosity, why the concern?
    It is a private reservation and concern, but it may not be a problem, so I will wait until I better understand the concept before I can explain this, sorry.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

It is a private reservation and concern, but it may not be a problem, so I will wait until I better understand the concept before I can explain this, sorry.
    Understood.

(I wasn't trying to pry or anything, I was just wondering. Sorry...)

15. - Top - End - #15

General outline, she was created to be a perfect ninja by some unknown group, with the intent of mass producing them and selling to the highest bidder. But something happened (that I will think of later) and she was either stolen or escaped, ending up (presumably) in Konaha (or something). Her abilities would be even across the board with her developing them as she interacts more, is sent on missions, trains, ect ect ect...

Name: N13 (?)
    Classification: ?
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: ~110
    Affiliation: ?

Appearance: Dressed in a plain white ninja uniform, she has straight black hair cut to neck length. One eye is black while the other is a milky white, though she can see equally well from each of them. Her most defining feature is a tattoo of "N13" underneath her right eye, from which she derives her name. There are, however, a pair of long scars on her back, running along her shoulder blades, though they have long since healed. Her skin is unusually pale as well.

Personality: 404 Personality not found. She is quiet and unassuming and almost doglike in her need to obey commands given to her by just about anybody. She does seem to understand the chain of command, though, and will respect an order given by a superior over one given by anybody else, include commands such as "Do not do anything anyone else says unless I tell you to." She is very naive about the world, easily tricked in matters pertaining to the mundane and human interactions. She seems incapable of detecting when somebody lies to her, that, or assumes all things spoken are lies and thus reacts the same way regardless. It is hard to tell, honestly.

Bloodline: Unknown

Notable Jutsu: She might develop some later, but for now she would rely on standard ninjutsu, which she seems well trained in already. The only truly notable aspect about her is her ability to move with absolute silence, often getting into places thought impenetrable. If she had the motivation, it could make her a very skilled assassin. Or a thief. Or somebody to jump around corners and shout "boo!" and startle people.

Chakra Control: Her ability to control chakra is beyond human. Which is good, because by all appearances, she has abysmally low chakra levels and needs to manage every last bit for all it's worth.

Tactical and Weapons Abilities: She seems to prefer bare handed combat, though she is adept at improvising with whatever happens to be handy.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    I did?

I think maybe you should talk to Callos...he had a Ninja science idea as well...
    I think an artificial human could be interesting, but it also could be not a good thing. I will wait dutifully to see more information
    I did? Or where you referring to the movie premise? (which those already involved should work on some more )

I have my own reservations, especially about taking 'NINJA science' too far (one of Fan's own ideas weren't suitable because it was too sciency) but I guess I would have to see the whole idea first really.

That said, yes, I am waiting on all the genin to get there before starting.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

17. - Top - End - #17

Well, in this case Ninja Science would be a means to justify an end. The ends being the character concept. I wouldn't delve into the actual method by which she was created. Only focus on the end result, IE: Her existing.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

I can't speak for Callos, but as she looks right now, N13 doesn't look to sci-fi too me for a Naruto setting.. Given that in canon Naruto we have things like tissue transplants and genetic manipulation (Yamato was a clone of the 1st Hokage and everything, and he was a test tube baby), I wouldn't be all that jarred if someone with the skill and technology of Goro could pull it off.

I'm especially intrigued by how N13 and Erayue might interact, especially if one or both find out that they're both products of ninja science.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-02-17 at 11:25 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

My concern is the relative similarity to Tomoya's condition (though it is self inflicted).
    Tomoya's Profile
    I realize that it may have been difficult to understand...and I am not being very clear.

I think there is enough it may be possible to differentiate the characters though.

I will try to post more on this later.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-02-17 at 11:22 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

I think the primary difference is that Tomoya has lost something due to her backstory, while N13 simply has nothing there. A blank slate, as it were. Though I can see your concerns about similar characters. Luckily, I am rather flexible, so let me know what you think and I'll be glad to iron out the details until people are happy with it.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Chapter 483 is out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, well, well. So, either Sasuke didn't want Sakura, or wasn't fooled.

And... Kakashi vs. Sasuke.

I'm betting Sasuke will win.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-02-18 at 02:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #22

Ah, a new thread. The new chapter has fueled all new levels of hate for Sasuke within me.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the primary difference is that Tomoya has lost something due to her backstory, while N13 simply has nothing there. A blank slate, as it were. Though I can see your concerns about similar characters. Luckily, I am rather flexible, so let me know what you think and I'll be glad to iron out the details until people are happy with it.
    I want to apologize for my message before if it was rude. I want to say I do not have a problem with N13 as a character, just I had uncertainty of what her role would be.

I think that N13 is, like you said, different than Tomoya because of their background... The personality of obedience is similar, though it seems N13 will accept orders from any senior where Tomoya will have it justified as being indirectly from the Hokage.

I think it is interesting that both of us thought of the traits of a 'perfect ninja' as being completely loyal and everything else being second importance.
    I think their abilities are different, as it seems her skill is in physical fighting, where Tomoya is with Sealing and calligraphy.
    But they have a similar set of problems, of self-identity, and meaning of existence. Also they ask the question of 'is a perfect ninja a dehumanized person?' And 'how can such a person find meaning?'
    I think these are good questions and will make her an interesting character.

Honestly, I would like to see the two meet. I think they would be interesting together, and it may help to emphasize the points about them that are different. But the similarities are interesting too. One is a girl who was created to be a perfect ninja, while the other is a girl who 'recreated' herself to be a perfect ninja.

I am curious how N13 will develop as a character as well... I would like to hear more of your thoughts on her.
    I am also curious of:
    How long has N13 been 'alive' ?
    How old is she?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

You know, I'm interested in continuing the Raikage fight thing. What about you Hallow? Your the only one that hasn't really posted yet.

25. - Top - End - #25

I'm only gonna say this once...

Where the heck is the Raikage thread...I can't find it anywhere and I'm sure it'd be fun to read.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

26. - Top - End - #26

I want to apologize for my message before if it was rude. I want to say I do not have a problem with N13 as a character, just I had uncertainty of what her role would be.
    If it helps, I didn't think your message came off as rude at all. Just curious.

I think that N13 is, like you said, different than Tomoya because of their background... The personality of obedience is similar, though it seems N13 will accept orders from any senior where Tomoya will have it justified as being indirectly from the Hokage.

I think it is interesting that both of us thought of the traits of a 'perfect ninja' as being completely loyal and everything else being second importance.
    I think their abilities are different, as it seems her skill is in physical fighting, where Tomoya is with Sealing and calligraphy.
    But they have a similar set of problems, of self-identity, and meaning of existence. Also they ask the question of 'is a perfect ninja a dehumanized person?' And 'how can such a person find meaning?'
    I think these are good questions and will make her an interesting character.

Honestly, I would like to see the two meet. I think they would be interesting together, and it may help to emphasize the points about them that are different. But the similarities are interesting too. One is a girl who was created to be a perfect ninja, while the other is a girl who 'recreated' herself to be a perfect ninja.

I am curious how N13 will develop as a character as well... I would like to hear more of your thoughts on her.
    It is an interesting juxtapositions. And I think it would be fairly neat to see the two of them interact. And not to get to close to politics, but from the perspective of those who are in charge of those fighting a war, a perfect soldier from the top is one who follows orders and does what is needed without question. Of course, the question arises what this thought says about humanity and whatnot, but I thought that it would be an interesting route to explore. Which is why I wanted to make her.

I am also curious of:
    How long has N13 been 'alive' ?
    How old is she?
    I'm still hammering out the details in my own mind, but I was hoping to leave most of the details about her creation and past a bit fuzzy and obscure, focusing instead on her present and future as she develops as a character. That is, I wasn't planning on coming up with any of those details. My idea was that her existence as a thinking individual starts upon her discovery, with her having no memories or knowledge of what came before. Though I have been tossing around the idea of flashes of her creation and training popping up as her story went along. For the sake of strictly OOC details, I'd be willing to say that while she looks youngish and it is nearly impossible to judge her age by appearance, she has been under development for about 18 years at the point of her "liberation."

On a side note, I think I will add in a few more details about her abilities and makeup to flush her out a little more. For one, she would be very very hard to kill. She would be able to keep moving even after receiving wounds that would be lethal to most other people, though not necessarily juggernaut-like. A broken leg or a punctured lung would be just as devastating to her ability to move and fight as it would to anyone else, she would just be less likely to die as a result of it. In addition, though not nearly as fast as, say, Naruto, she heals fairly quickly from her wounds.

The other thought I had was making it so that her blood has been engineered so that it acts as a neuro-toxin to most other forms of life. That is, if one's skin came in contact with it, the area around where it touched would quickly become numb. And if it gets into one's bloodstream, through either a wound or accidental ingestion or something, the result would be a slow spreading paralysis of non-involuntary muscles systems. That is, if her blood gets into somebody's system, the slowly become paralyzed, but it doesn't affect vital systems such as the heart and lungs. N13 would be unaware of this fact, so it would be the kind of thing that might never be discovered or utilized, but there as an interesting ability of hers.

Any thoughts?

If nobody has a problem with it, I'll finish her character entry and hopefully introduce her later on tonight.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    You know, I'm interested in continuing the Raikage fight thing. What about you Hallow? Your the only one that hasn't really posted yet.
    Thats the second time you've asked. He dosn't check this OOC, I'll drop him another line. He's been really busy. Its not going anywhere
    My Current Works

28. - Top - End - #28

N13's character entry is up. Before I introduce her, I wanted to know if anyone would be willing to have their character find her. I figured it would happen away from the village, so either a team returning from a mission or somebody out a ways on some kind of business or something. If not, I can figure something else out.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    All of 'em

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

N13's character entry is up. Before I introduce her, I wanted to know if anyone would be willing to have their character find her. I figured it would happen away from the village, so either a team returning from a mission or somebody out a ways on some kind of business or something. If not, I can figure something else out.

If no one minds, I wouldn't mind having Erayue find N13. Erayue's out hunting beasts for the 2nd exam, so he has an excuse for running around.

30. - Top - End - #30

And maybe after Miragata finishes her conversation with the Kazekage (cough Zersk cough) then she could bump into and have a talk with a jounin/chunin.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan

Spoiler
    Show
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!