New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Love you guys

1. - Top - End - #91
    Banned

Default Re: Love you guys

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    So what level are ya gonna do then?

I mean, if you get kicked out of high school, adult education or something?
    I don't know what you mean, but I refuse to quit/get-kicked-out. I.must.gradute

Do you have relatives/family or do you know people there? Do you know a person who's willing to give you a job there?
    No

Do you know the dutch education system a little bit?
    Are you going to do MBO(associates degree), HBO(apparently, what is considered real college) or WO(university)?
    I wana go to buisness school

We're pretty damn flexible with english, but knowing some dutch might help?
    I'm trying to learn dutch, but I need someone to teach me

Do you/will you have the money to do it? Plans man...
    I'm working on it

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Froogleyboy View Post
    All right, Today I woke up and rushed to the school bus. Well when I got to school, I was tortured. Like usual. A constent stream of insults were thrown at me all day. Someone stole my newly-purchased D20 modern core book and I had to let them smack me around for them to give it back. Two teachers called me a drug addict and a satanist (and took up my quartz crystal because they thought I'd "hex" them) When I got home, my mom kept up with the stream of insults, saying I'm "strange" "odd", etc. So I got on my bike and rode to my grandmaws. From there I logged on to the internet when I realised "Forget them! I'm goin' to the playground" So I just wanted to say that I love you guys. Y'all really help me escape reality.

*cuddleses*

3. - Top - End - #93
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

*cuddleses*
    *cuddles back* Danka

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

As far as bullies go, it's up to you to scare them off, teachers don't care. I was once given a lecture because I asked a teacher to help before things got physical.

As far as violent teachers? once someone lays hands on you you've got the right to fight them off as much as you need to, to get yourself out of the situation. Most classrooms have one door, and if it comes to it as long as the teacher strikes first and is between the student and the door... yea.

Above all, Vorpal was right, be the one they fear. I was lucky, my last name translates to assassin in Italian, and the mob is still scary enough that people made asumptions and left me alone for the most part. Figure out who else is being picked on, and if they don't want to be friends sugest you guys stick together for safety in numbers at the least. When I did get picked on I had one of the biggest guys in school backing me, along with a few other people and that's probably what saved me a lot of troubble when people realized my name's just a name. If you can pull off something like that you'll be better off till you can get out of there.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    You are my favorite kind of villain.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know what you mean, but I refuse to quit/get-kicked-out. I.must.gradute

I wana go to buisness school

I'm trying to learn dutch, but I need someone to teach me
    Well there's as I said: Three general levels after high school(Dutch high school is divided in something like 7 levels, but let's not discuss that), MBO, HBO and WO.
    Which is something like, College, College, Uni.
    MBO is more practical orientated then HBO.

On learning dutch: There's loads and loads of stuff online. Yes, having somebody IRL will help (immensely) but you can learn lots online.
    But a warning though, dutch can be a pretty damn complicated and confusing language.

I'l post more later, most likely. Going to bed for now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Hey you're more then welcome here in holland!
    If you want to learn dutch, I'd be willing to help. Pm me if you need my email.
    On the other stuff, that's harsh, cruel and very sucky (understatement). It's always strange to me when people don't realise, other people are well different from them. Ah well C'est la vie
    "Did we send the "don't shoot we're pathetic" message yet?" - John Crichton

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

high school sucked for me too. If it wasnt for my friends, dnd, and my music, I am not sure I would have made it the person I was.

Trust me once your out, It is illegal for anyone to treat you like crap. But making them stay away from you helps. Us metal head dnd players traveled in packs, and only the jocks and preps messed with us. I remember when I was walking alone a couple jocks were messing with me. I had had a bad day, and I looked him in the eye dead serouis and said " Are You Ready" and charged them. Ran off screaming. They didnt mess with us.

not saying go violent, but stand your ground
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Get some pyro freinds.
    ____

9. - Top - End - #99
    Banned

Maybe, I should become a teacher, to make a difference

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Cut that kind of thinking.
    ____

11. - Top - End - #101
    Banned

Yes sir :(

12. - Top - End - #102

Maybe, I should become a teacher, to make a difference

Trust me, my friend did it it was horrible. get no respect, very low wages, . worst year of his life

13. - Top - End - #103

you seem like a good kid, and Alot of us went through the same crap. just remember, your having more fun then they are living up to their social standards. Many of them are just hiding behind a fake skin, not being who they are.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

I would be your freind... But i'm in Texas, 7th grade.
    ____

15. - Top - End - #105
    Banned

Whats wrong with being in 7th grade? That was the grade I discoverd that hippies were cooler then all of those jocks

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

We're not in the same grade. We're not in the same level of school, either.
    ____

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

none of my friends are in the same grade, lets be friends anyways :)

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Yaaaay!

Now if I could come help you in real life.
    ____

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

All right, Today I woke up and rushed to the school bus. Well when I got to school, I was tortured. Like usual. A constent stream of insults were thrown at me all day. Someone stole my newly-purchased D20 modern core book and I had to let them smack me around for them to give it back. Two teachers called me a drug addict and a satanist (and took up my quartz crystal because they thought I'd "hex" them) When I got home, my mom kept up with the stream of insults, saying I'm "strange" "odd", etc. So I got on my bike and rode to my grandmaws. From there I logged on to the internet when I realised "Forget them! I'm goin' to the playground" So I just wanted to say that I love you guys. Y'all really help me escape reality.
    ... Am I the only one who thought it'd be really, really funny if I and a few of my buddies were to go teach some punks that there's always a meaner nerd? We don't even need weapons. My unit's scored more kills with Humvees and MRAPs than machineguns or assault rifles, anyways. ^_^
    Comedy aside, it does get better once you're out of high school and out of the Deep South. People stop trying to act cool. A lot of the guys I serve with now were the sorts who picked on nerds in high school (some of 'em even play Warhammer and D&D with me), something they now regret as pointless, childish posturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmys View Post
    I've only been on a few forums, but GiantitP is definitely the best of what I have seen. People are civil and intelligent, only use l337 (or whatever it's called) to mock trolls, are often quite knowledgeable about fantasy, myth, science fiction, and other cool stuff, and generally act like the awesome people they are. Also, unlike some other forums *coughneopetscough*, stuff is organized and the posts aren't painful just to look at.

I like this place.
    It's because people here tend to act more like real people than Internetizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    As for what Tribble said, he's absolutely correct. One of my friends when I was in high school, a scrawny, long-haired, LaVeyan Satanist, was getting picked on, and it turned physical. Of course, a circle formed around them. Instead of taking the beating, or fighting 'fair', he asks the guy "Have you made peace with your god?" "...What?" "Because this is a fight to the death." And then he leapt at him, clawing and gouging and biting and kicking, and paying special attention to the genitals. It got so bad that the other students actually pulled him off before the security guards got there. He was suspended for a week, of course, but he was never bothered again.
    Doesn't always work, says the guy who broke someone's collar bone with a T-square and dozens of other incidents ranging from the merely violent to the exotically bloodthirsty. Once people get scared enough of you, you're completely cut out from the social circles. It's only come up as a job skill once.

Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
    Trust me, my friend did it it was horrible. get no respect, very low wages. worst year of his life
    You don't do it for the money.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

20. - Top - End - #110

any way we love you too. the playground is for love. just remember that, the internet loves you

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Cut that kind of thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
    Trust me, my friend did it it was horrible. get no respect, very low wages, . worst year of his life
    Say what? One of the major reasons I want to be a teacher is because I feel like I could bring a new sort of element that most classes lack. Which is enthusiasm for the subject and/or a bit of nerdy projects. And speaking of wages and the like, look up different states. Texas is fairly good to its teachers afaik. And/or you could teach college/university level.
    I say if teaching seems like a worthwhile position for you, go for it.
    "I am the Undying Terror!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Blace avi by Rowsen!
    Avis and dolls are the fine work of Recaiden!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Well sure, I think bout what I could do if I was a teacher, but I don't whant to deal with certain kids I know are out there.
    ____

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

You're thinking about it the wrong way. They are stuck in that classroom with YOU. The person who ultimately decides whether or not they need to take that particular class again. (Unless it's an elective, but chances are, if that's the case, you're more likely to get students who are genuinely interested in the subject matter. One of the reasons I enjoyed my AP Comp Sci classes so much.)

Edit: Presuming you're talking about being a high school or higher educator.
    Last edited by Lord Blace; 2010-02-20 at 09:33 PM.
    "I am the Undying Terror!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Blace avi by Rowsen!
    Avis and dolls are the fine work of Recaiden!

24. - Top - End - #114

DwarfFighterGuy

I agree with the new direction the discussion is going in, you do not want to teach students who goto school because they have to. University or something maybe, but not a public school teacher.

If a student has to be there, they will resent you, not all of them, not even most, but enough to make your day bad. every day. At a university everyone's there by choice, but I think you've got to be teaching for a while to get into one as a teacher. Then again I've never applied to teach.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    You are my favorite kind of villain.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

If you do have trouble learning dutch, or the like may I suggest just moving further away from where you are for college. Even most parts of the states would be better then that, (Cheaper too maybe, unless they charge more for out of state students) However if you don't mind the cold Canada is nice too, or England etc. There are plenty of neat places where English is prominent so might want to consider those too.

If I lived nearby, I'd be happy to teach them a lesson for you though.. (In particular the stupid teachers. )
    The avatar isn't really a good example of my work as I did it with my hand in a brace, hopefully I can put something nicer up soon. -TD

26. - Top - End - #116
    Banned

I've always loved the dutch though, and besides, Amsterdam

27. - Top - End - #117
    Firbolg in the Playground

Come to England! We have... a borderline unhealthy obsession with tea?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

28. - Top - End - #118
    Banned

Tea you say?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    If you do have trouble learning dutch, or the like may I suggest just moving further away from where you are for college. Even most parts of the states would be better then that, (Cheaper too maybe, unless they charge more for out of state students) However if you don't mind the cold Canada is nice too, or England etc. There are plenty of neat places where English is prominent so might want to consider those too.

If I lived nearby, I'd be happy to teach them a lesson for you though.. (In particular the stupid teachers. )
    Oh come on, we're not THAT cold. In fact, some places can get quite warm during the summer.
    Last edited by Maximum Zersk; 2010-02-20 at 10:14 PM.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNPC View Post
    I agree with the new direction the discussion is going in, you do not want to teach students who goto school because they have to. University or something maybe, but not a public school teacher.

If a student has to be there, they will resent you, not all of them, not even most, but enough to make your day bad. every day. At a university everyone's there by choice, but I think you've got to be teaching for a while to get into one as a teacher. Then again I've never applied to teach.
    I'm the first to say that teaching is no cake-walk, and definitely not for everyone, but if it is for you, you are doing something incredible every day for dozens of children. And even though they sometimes make you want to tear your hair out, the next day you'll have a kid come back and thank you for being the one to keep them from dropping out of school. And that is just amazing.

Anyway, you can't just jump to teaching University. You've got to have at least a doctorate to get a tenure track spot, and that includes work in the field.