New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Is there a way to gain Turn undead through feats?

Is there a way to gain Turn undead through feats?

I am looking for a way to give Divine Metamagic Chain to a Firebender5/Chameleon3+
    "The fool is marked by ignoring the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their eagerness to heed the wisdom of the fool."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Is there a way to gain Turn undead through feats?

Nope, but there are PrCs that grant it, like Ur-Priest. A strategic dip is all you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

What is the most efficient dip in terms of levels?

Chameleon is its only source of spellcasting. I would like it if I only needed to replace 1 level of chameleon with no loss to spellcasting.

Chameleon 1 gets 2nd level divine spells.

Also what does Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment) do?
    Last edited by OldTrees; 2010-02-20 at 12:17 PM.
    "The fool is marked by ignoring the wisdom of the wise. The wise are marked by their eagerness to heed the wisdom of the fool."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OldTrees View Post
    Also what does Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment) do?
    Grants any domain.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

There's a spell that grants Turn Undead. Get some Unguent of Timelessness and they'll last either one year or about 2.5 days per caster level depending on how you interpret it. That will allow you to cast that quite a few times during downtime, and have enough talismans to get through an adventure without having to recast it much. Also note that each talisman is a focus for the spell, once it's been covered in the unguent it stays that way, so using one and then recasting it on that same one again will still have the extra long duration every time it's reused.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Biffoniacus_Furiou View Post
    There's a spell that grants Turn Undead. Get some Unguent of Timelessness and they'll last either one year or about 2.5 days per caster level depending on how you interpret it. That will allow you to cast that quite a few times during downtime, and have enough talismans to get through an adventure without having to recast it much. Also note that each talisman is a focus for the spell, once it's been covered in the unguent it stays that way, so using one and then recasting it on that same one again will still have the extra long duration every time it's reused.
    Would that count as fullfilling the prerequisites of Divine Metamagic if I select DMM with the 1/day Floating feat?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Sacred Exorcist is ridiculously easy to enter, progresses any spellcasting, and grants Turn Undead on level 1.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OldTrees View Post
    Is there a way to gain Turn undead through feats?
    There are two methods via feat:

1) Necromantic Bloodline + Kin Mastery (both in Dragon Compendium). Grants turn undead 1/day, but requires about six levels of sorcerer.

2) God-Touched + Divine Channeler (Dragon #305). Also grants turn undead 1/day. Doesn't require any spellcasting, the only prereq is to worship a deity.

As far as Bone Talisman goes, a two-level dip into Wyrm Wizard can pick that up through Spell Research, although you lose a caster level.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

A 3rd level Chameleon can turn or rebuke undead via the Mimic Class Feature, um, class feature. So that's the "ability to turn or rebuke undead" right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
    Abstract positioning, either fully "position doesn't matter" or "zones" or whatever, is fine. If the rules reflect that. Exact positioning, with a visual representation, is fine. But "exact positioning theoretically exists, and the rules interact with it, but it only exists in the GM's head and is communicated to the players a bit at a time" sucks for anything even a little complex. And I say this from a GM POV.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

It's possible to get Turn Undead without actual class levels. Your DM sort of has to be okay with the "Kobolds qualify for Loredrake" deal though, so take it for what it's worth.

Basically, one of the Sovereign Archetypes from Dragons of Eberron (somethingsomething Lightbringer? Don't have the book handy.) allows you to take the Extra Turning feat without having Turn Undead.
    Internet's out. Updates ETA Saturday.

"Nothing says love like being hugged to death by a Water Orc."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    On an unrelated note, Tanaric is awesome. End of story.

Avatar by CrimsonAngel. My avatar appears to have gone AWOL in my absence. Investigations are pending.