New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    The ghouls paralysis is their main ability, so too few uses would be troublesome. As for extending the class to ghast, thats what the 2nd and 3rd levels are for
    A Ghoul is CR 1? Wow. Shows me for trying to memorise the MM. I was thinking of Hit Dice, I think, maybe. *Walks off muttering unnervingly*

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

Could I get a Murderjack class, please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #273

Gnoll

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 1|+ 2|+ 2| +0 |Gnoll body, Path, +4 Str.
    [/table]
    Skills: 4+int modifier, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills are Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (geography) (Int), Knowledge (nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex).

Proefeciencies:simple weapons, light armor, light and heavy shields.

Features
    Gnoll body:At 1st level a gnoll loses all racial bonus it had and gains humanoid traits. He's a medium humanoid with base speed 30 and darkvision 60 foots.

Path:
    At 1st level the gnoll must choose one of the following paths.

Hunter:
    The gnoll gains proefeciency with one weapon of his choice (even exotic weapons), +1 Nat armor. The Nat armor bonus increases by an extra +1 for every 4HD of the gnoll. Once made those choices can't be changed.

In adition, the gnoll ignores armor and shield check penalty when using the hide and move silently skills.

Shaman:The gnoll chooses a fullcasting class (wizard, cleric, druid, ect) and gains spell slots, caster level and spell knowns as if he had one level of said class. This ability stacks with levels of said class, so a gnoll 1 who took the shaman path for wizard and then takes one level of wizard would cast as a wizard 2. The gnoll doesn't gain any other ability from the chosen fullcaster class like familiar or turn undead untill he actualy takes levels on that class.

Ability increase: the gnoll gets a permanent +4 to Str.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

The gnoll is actualy a very vanilla monster. No special abilities whatsoever besides high str. +4 is much higher than all the other monsters, but he doesn't get any special abilities in return. Also it's Str, so it only really benefits melee dudes.

So not much to say here. You can either go caster or melee dude. Decent skill points, +1 BAB and two good saves don't hurt either.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-28 at 10:46 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Hello. I think this is a really awesome thread and idea, and I wanted to contribute so... I tried my hand at statting the drider.

It's not complete because I wasn't sure what class skills and proficiencies to give it but I wanted to show what I had done, at the very least to know if I was doing any good. so, here it is.

Drider

Spoiler
    Show

{table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+ 0|+ 0|+ 0| +2 | Drider body, poison
    2|+ 1|+ 0|+ 0| +3 | Soul of Magic (+1), Drider perception powers
    3|+ 1|+ 1|+ 1| +3 | Arcane resistance
    4|+ 2|+ 1|+ 1| +4 | Soul of Magic (+2), Drider light and darkness powers
    5|+ 2|+ 1|+ 1| +4 | Growth, +2 con
    6|+ 3|+ 2|+ 2| +5 | Soul of Magic (+3), spit poison
    7|+ 3|+ 2|+ 2| +5 | Drider utility powers

[/table]

Skills: The drow get 2+int modifier skill points each level, x4 at first level. His class skills are Climb (str), concentration (con), hide (dex), listen (wis), Move silently (dex) and spot (wis).

Proefeciencies:The drider is proficient with simple weapons, but no armor or shield

Features
    Drider body : At 1st level, the Drider loses all other racial bonus and gets aberration traits. He’s a medium-sized aberration with a base speed of 30ft and a climb speed equal to half of his land speed. He gains a natural bite attack causing 1d6+str damage, It gains a +4 bonus in Hide and Move silently and also have +8 bonus to all climb checks and can always take 10 in that last skill, even if rushed or threatened. Finally, he has a natural armor bonus equal to his con modifier.

Poison : The drider can inject poison in his victims on a successful bite attack. Fort DC 10+1/2HD+Con modifier, initial and secondary damage 1d3 strength. For every other HD after that, the initial and secondary damage grows by one size.

Soul of magic: The drider gains the ability to cast spells as a wizard, cleric or sorcerer of a level equal to its drider level-1. The drider must choose one of those choices when he gains this ability and cannot change his choice later on. He also gains a +1 to the ability that governs his spellcasting.
    At level 4, the bonus becomes +2, and then it grows to +3 at level 6.

Drider perception powers: The Drider gains the following SLAs 1/day as a caster of his level-1: clairaudience/clairvoyance, detect good, detect law, detect magic. The save DC are 10+1/2HD+stat modifier*.
    At each three extra HD, the drider gains an additional use of these SLAs.

Arcane resistance: The drider gains spell resistance equal to 10+his HD.

Drider light and darkness powers: the Drider gains the following SLAs 1/day as a caster of his level-1: dancing light, darkness, faerie light. The save DC are 10+1/2HD+stat modifier*.

Growth: The Drider grows to large size.

Spit poison: the Drider can now apply his poison in any weapon he has held as a move action. This poison lasts 1 hour per HD or until used, whichever comes first.

Drider utility powers: the Drider gains the following SLAs 1/day as a caster of his level-1: Dispel magic, levitate, suggestion. The save DC are 10+1/2HD+stat modifier*.
    At 11 HD, the dispel magic SLA is replaced by greater dispel magic.

*the stat used in these abilities is the one that governs the spellcasting of the drider in question (int for wizards, wis for clerics and cha for sorcerers).
    Last edited by I_am_an_undead; 2010-03-27 at 09:07 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275

Very good work with the drider there!

I would sugest either 4 skills per level with wizard or cleric spell list and no proefeciencies (as it already has the bite+poison), or just 2 skill point per level and simple weapon proefeciency.

Class skills should probably be the ones in the monster skill entry.

Last point, make the SLAs useable more times per day based on HD, with DC=10+1/2HD+stat, and upgrade dispel magic to greater dispel magic when it reaches 11HD and it should be perfect.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Very good work with the drider there!
    Thank you!

I would sugest either 4 skills per level with wizard or cleric spell list and no proefeciencies (as it already has the bite+poison), or just 2 skill point per level and simple weapon proefeciency.
    Hmm, I think I'll give it simple weapon profeciency, since driders used to be drows and as such probably got some sort of weapon training. So 2 skill points it is.

Class skills should probably be the ones in the monster skill entry.
    Ok, I'll be adding that.

Last point, make the SLAs useable more times per day based on HD, with DC=10+1/2HD+stat, and upgrade dispel magic to greater dispel magic when it reaches 11HD and it should be perfect.

K, but should the stat be charisma, or whatever stat governs the drider's spellcasting?

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Nymph

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d6
    {table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+0|+0|+0|+2|Nature's Child, Cha+1, Dex+1
    2|+1|+0|+0|+3|Fey Body, Wild Empathy, Int+1, Wis+1
    3|+1|+1|+1|+3|Unearthly Grace, Cha+1, Dex+1
    4|+2|+1|+1|+4|Stuning Glance
    5|+2|+1|+1|+4|Cha+1, Dex+1
    6|+3|+2|+2|+5|Dimension Door, Int+1, Wis+1
    7|+3|+2|+2|+5|Blinding Beauty, Cha+1, Dex+1
    [/table]
    Skills:6+Int modifier per level, Class skills are Concentration, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Heal, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Swim.

Proficiencies: Nymph is proefecient with club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, sickle, shortspear, sling.

Features:

Nature Child: The Nymph loses all other racial bonuses and gains fey traits (basically Low-light vision). She's an fey with base speed 30 feet and swim speed 20.

Ability increase: Nymph gains Cha + 1 at levels 1, 3, 5 and 7, Int +1 at levels 2 and 6, Wis+1 at levels 2, and 6, and Dex +1 at levels 1, 3, 5 and 7.

The nymph casts spells as if it was a druid of the same Nymph level. If she multiclasses as a druid Nymph levels and druid levels stack for determining her spellcasting ability. She can choose to use her Charisma as a primary stat for her spellcasting, and if she multiclassed with druid, or a cleric with the plant domain, the Nymph can use Cha instead of Wis for casting.

Fey Body: At second level, Nymph gains DR/cold iron equal to half her HD.

Wild Empathy: At level 2 Nymph gains Wild Empathy as druid, with +6 bonus on check. If you have Wild Empathy from some other source your Nymph levels stack with that class for Wild Empathy (you still get +6 bonus).

Unearthly Grace: At third level Nymph adds her Charisma modifier as a bonus on all her saving throws, and as a deflection bonus to her Armor Class.

Stunning Glance: As a standard action, a Nymph can stun a creature within 30 feet with a look. The target creature must succeed on a Fortitude save with DC equal to 10+1/2HD+Cha modifier or be stunned for 2d4 rounds. Nymph can use this ability Hd x Cha modifier times per day.

Dimension Door: Dimension Door 1/day for each 2HD it has. Caster level is equal to HD.

Blinding Beauty: This ability affects all humanoids within 30 feet of a nymph. Those who look directly at a nymph must succeed on a Fortitude save with a DC equal to 10+1/2HD+Cha or be blinded permanently as though by the Blindness spell. A Nymph can suppress or resume this ability as a free action, but it can't effect same target more then once. This ability can be active for HD rounds per day.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

Druid casting, along with paladin's grace, good spell like ability, and stun. Also, if the picure isn't forum apropriate I will change it, just give me a shout.

Hope I did justice to nymph
    Last edited by Sila Prirode; 2010-07-25 at 07:00 AM.
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_an_undead View Post
    K, but should the stat be charisma, or whatever stat governs the drider's spellcasting?
    Stat governing the spellcasting. Already added your drider to the index anyway.

Bodez:
    Beatifull job there! Bravo! I really have no critiques, besides perhaps allowing the nymph to cast her spells based on Cha, like we did for the dryder. And the fact that you keep using "his" when nymphs are clearly female I already put it on the index anyway.

EDIT:You also forgot to make blinding beauty scale by level with 10+1/2HD+Cha modifier.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-27 at 08:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

Stat governing the spellcasting. Already added your drider to the index anyway.

Bodez:
    Beatifull job there! Bravo! I really have no critiques, besides perhaps allowing the nymph to cast her spells based on Cha, like we did for the dryder. And the fact that you keep using "his" when nymphs are clearly female I already put it on the index anyway.

EDIT:You also forgot to make blinding beauty scale by level with 10+1/2HD+Cha modifier.
    DC issue is failed copy/paste, and his is a bit oversight, but I could swear by my right hand I let her cast with his Cha as primary

Editing accordingly.
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

10. - Top - End - #280

Hmm. I'm actually not sure if the Gnoll's worth it... I'd probably rather take a race with a +2 to the relevant physical ability and a fighter level if I went with that path.

Spoken from a numbers-only standpoint, of course, fluff not included.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2010-03-28 at 05:36 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Hmm. I'm actually not sure if the Gnoll's worth it... I'd probably rather take a race with a +2 to the relevant physical ability and a fighter level if I went with that path.

Spoken from a numbers-only standpoint, of course, fluff not included.
    What can I say? Gnolls are somewhat vanilla. Don't have much on the realm of special abilities to give them.

But you're right it is kinda on the underpowered side. Edited the gnoll so now you either get +2 to one physical ability scores or +2 to one mental scores.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-28 at 10:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282

To be honest, I'm not very much a fan of odd ability bonuses. That's one of the things 3rd edition did most right: modifiers are based only on even numbers, so bonuses should mostly be +2 as well. Unless you built your character to have odd values at first during character creation, a +1 just won't do much unless you get another +1 from somewhere. So I'd rather make it something like a +2 to strength, since that is what the MM gnoll gets as well.

13. - Top - End - #283

Considering that those classes will be taken at 1st level then yes, you can leave odd valuess to benefit from all the +1 my classes give.

Plus, the MM gnoll gets +4 str, not +2.

But meh, a +2 is probably more valuable than three +1 scattered, so changed it to that anyway.

EDIT:Changed it again to flat +4 Str. Gnolls are suposed to be strong dudes after all.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-28 at 10:09 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284

Agreed on that. It has to be as good as a class level and a race, after all. A flat +4 ability bonus is the minimum.

It still looks a little vanilla, to be honest. The standard MM gnoll gains nothing else, but it just feels a little boring. Perhaps some small skill bonus to stealth or wilderness skills or somesuch?
    Last edited by Eldan; 2010-03-28 at 10:21 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285

Nice idea. The gnoll now ignores armor and shield penalty to hide and move silently checks so it has an incentive to play ambusher.

16. - Top - End - #286

No problem. I'm just of the opinion that every creature needs a unique little something. Main reason why the fighter is so boring, too: they don't get anything unique, just more of what others already get.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2010-03-28 at 10:54 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, I think I'll try my hand at this. I'll do the Mephits. As for the types, there seems to be a lot. Do you guys think its alright if I cut them down a bit? to maybe Air, Earth, Fire, Ice (Water)? I'm also thinking of mixing up the ability bonuses, like say giving earth a bonus to Con and Dex, is that alright?

thanks in advance for the assistance.

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288

But... the best mephits are the quasi- and paraelemental ones! They have the whacky personalities, the others are just generic!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    But... the best mephits are the quasi- and paraelemental ones! They have the whacky personalities, the others are just generic!
    Good point, they just are so similar mechanically. Ooh, now I'm thinking of just using the wacky ones. What do you think of changing the ability bonuses though?

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The Rakshasa subspecies and the Gaurdinal would be great.

21. - Top - End - #291

I think I'll give werewolf a go. It's such an iconic monster that it deserves a conversion

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Tsochari please, and Aboleths.

23. - Top - End - #293

Thanks for the ghoul. Was a bit disappointed there was nothing about eating corpses (like the mind flayer's brain suck or the vampire's blood drink), but it looks as though it works quite nicely as written.

Regarding the gnoll, would it be extreme to give it scent, rather than an ability bonus? I'm of the opinion that it would fit the gnoll better.

24. - Top - End - #294

Here is my second contribution to the project. here is...

The Werewolf

(no picture. My photobucket account is still in the crapper)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites
    to become a werewolf, the character must meet the following requirements

Race: Any medium or large humanoid or giant
    [b]Special:[b]Must have been injured by the natural attack of another werewolf and contracted lycanthropy
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Alternate form(wolf), Wolf empathy, Lunar body, Hunter's nose

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Alternate form(hybrid), Lunar hide, Improved hunter's nose
    3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Growth, +1wis
    4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Curse of lycantropy, Alpha wolf[/table]
    Skills: 2+int mod. Class skills are handle animal, hide, listen, move silently, spot, survival

Proficiencies: A werewolf gains proficiency with their own natural wepons

Features:

Lunar body(ex): Werewolves retain old racial modifiers and gain the shapechanger subtype. They gain low-light vision if they did not already possess it.

A werewolf gains natural armor equal to its con bonus while in wolf or hybrid form. While in humanoid form their natural armor is equal to half their con bonus

Wolf empathy: a werewolf can communicate with wolves and dire wolves regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on charisma based checks to influence them. While in alternate form, a werewolf can howl to communicate at long distances with other wolves or werewolves, up to a distance of 1mile/HD

Alternate Form(su): At first level, a werewolf can take wolf form. while in this form, they cannot use wepons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains a bite attack dealing 1d6 damage and their move speed increases to 50ft. In addition, hitting with their bite attack allows them to make a trip attack as a free action. If the trip fails, the target cannot react to trip the werewolf. A werewolf can transform 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely

For every level in werewolf, or for every two in another class, the werewolf's alternate form improves as shown below
    {table]werewolf level+1/2 other levels|ability improvements
    1|+1dex
    2|+1dex, +1con
    3|+1str, +1dex, +1con
    4|+1str, +2dex, +1con
    5|+1str, +2dex, +2con
    6|+2str, +2dex, +2con
    7|+2str, +3dex, +2con
    8|+2str, +3dex, +3con
    9|+3str, +3dex, +3con
    10|+3str, +4dex,+3con
    11|+3str, +4dex, +4con
    12|+4str, +4dex, +4con[/table]
    At second level, a werewolf can assume hybrid form. While in hybrid form, a werewolf gains two claw attacks for 1d4 damage each and a bite attack dealing 1d6 damage, and can weild any wepons they could use in humanoid form. Both alternate forms are medium sized, regardless of the creature's humanoid size

Hunters nose: a werewolf in wolf form gains the scent ability and gains a +4 bonus on survival checks to track by scent. at second level this ability works regardless of form

Lunar hide: At second level, a werewolf gains DR equal to their HD/Silver while in alternate form

Growth: At 3rd level, a werewolf's alternate forms become large. their bite attack deals 2d6 and their claws deal 1d6. In addition their natural armour improves by 1 while in alternate form.

Curse of lycanthropy: At 4th level a werewolf can transmit lycanthropy to other creatures. if a medium or large humanoid or giant is hit by their natural attacks while they are in alternate form, the creature must make a fortitude save(DC10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or contract lycanthropy. For more information on lycanthropy, check the lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Alpha wolf: At 4th level a werewolf becomes a werewolf lord. Lesser werewolves instinctively veiw the alpha wolf as a leader; treat their attitude as being one step better than in would be normally, and their wolf empathy also applies to werewolves without the alpha wolf ability

In addition, the alpha wolf's aura of command allows them to draw a pack of loyal wolves and werewolves with total HD equal to the alpha wolf's HDx2. Werewolves who received their curse from the alpha wolf do not count their first werewolf HD for purposes of this ability and regular wolves are strengthened as if they were the animal companion to a 4th level druid(their bonus HD do not count for purposes of this ability). Dire wolves and worgs can be part of the alpha wolf;s pack, but gain no special bonuses

Followers gained through this ability are not mindless, and may leave if mistreated. any werewolf follower who becomes a 4th level werewolf leaves to establish their own pack, but will usually remain on good terms with their former leader.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    I decided to have werewolf build into werewolf lord- the first two levels are the former while the last two are the latter. I ignored the rule that only natural lycanthropes can spread the disease, instead it can only be spread by a werewolf who has mastered their curse. The alpha wolf ability was to give the werewolf lord authority over their brethren(and their very own pack)
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2010-03-29 at 02:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground

B-but what about Werebears?

26. - Top - End - #296

The Werewolf

Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites
    to become a werewolf, the character must meet the following requirements

[b]Special:[b]Must have been injured by the natural attack of another werewolf and contracted lycanthropy

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Alternate form(wolf), Wolf empathy, Lunar body, Hunter's nose

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Growth, +1wis
    4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Curse of lycantropy, Alpha wolf[/table]
    Skills: 2+int mod. Class skills are handle animal, hide, listen, move silently, spot, survival

Proficiencies: A werewolf gains proficiency with their own natural wepons

Features:

Lunar body(ex): Werewolves retain old racial modifiers and gain the shapechanger subtype. They gain low-light vision if they did not already possess it.

A werewolf gains natural armor equal to its con bonus while in wolf or hybrid form. While in humanoid form their natural armor is equal to half their con bonus

Wolf empathy: a werewolf can communicate with wolves and dire wolves regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on charisma based checks to influence them. While in alternate form, a werewolf can howl to communicate at long distances with other wolves or werewolves, up to a distance of 1mile/HD

Alternate Form(su): At first level, a werewolf can take wolf form. while in this form, they cannot use wepons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains a bite attack dealing 1d6 damage and their move speed increases to 50ft. In addition, hitting with their bite attack allows them to make a trip attack as a free action. If the trip fails, the target cannot react to trip the werewolf. A werewolf can transform 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in werewolf, or for every two in another class, the werewolf's alternate form improves as shown below
    1|+1dex
    2|+1dex, +1con
    3|+1str, +1dex, +1con
    4|+1str, +2dex, +1con
    5|+1str, +2dex, +2con
    6|+2str, +2dex, +2con
    7|+2str, +3dex, +2con
    8|+2str, +3dex, +3con
    9|+3str, +3dex, +3con
    10|+3str, +4dex,+3con
    11|+3str, +4dex, +4con
    12|+4str, +4dex, +4con[/table]
    At second level, a werewolf can assume hybrid form. While in hybrid form, a werewolf gains two claw attacks for 1d4 damage each and a bite attack dealing 1d6 damage, and can weild any wepons they could use in humanoid form. Both alternate forms are medium sized, regardless of the creature's humanoid size

Hunters nose: a werewolf in wolf form gains the scent ability and gains a + bonus on survival checks to track by scent equal to his HD. at second level this ability works regardless of form.

Lunar hide: At second level, a werewolf gains DR equal to 1/2 their HD/Silver while in alternate form

Growth: At 3rd level, a werewolf's alternate forms become large. their bite attack deals 2d6 and their claws deal 1d6. In addition their natural armour improves by 1 while in alternate form.

A werewolf of 12 HD or more may choose to become huge by expending two normal transformations.

A werewolf of 16 HD or more may choose to become gargantuan by expending three normal transformations.

A werewolf of 20 HD or more may choose to become colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Curse of lycanthropy: At 4th level a werewolf can transmit lycanthropy to other creatures. if a medium or large humanoid or giant is hit by their natural attacks while they are in alternate form, the creature must make a fortitude save(DC10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or contract lycanthropy. For more information on lycanthropy, check the lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Alpha wolf: At 4th level a werewolf becomes a werewolf lord. Lesser werewolves instinctively veiw the alpha wolf as a leader; treat their attitude as being one step better than in would be normally, and their wolf empathy also applies to werewolves without the alpha wolf ability

In addition, the alpha wolf's aura of command allows them to draw a pack of loyal wolves and werewolves with total HD equal to the alpha wolf's HDx2. Werewolves who received their curse from the alpha wolf do not count their first werewolf HD for purposes of this ability and regular wolves are strengthened as if they were the animal companion to a 4th level druid(their bonus HD do not count for purposes of this ability). Dire wolves and worgs can be part of the alpha wolf´s pack, but gain no special bonuses

Followers gained through this ability are not mindless, and may leave if mistreated. any werewolf follower who becomes a 4th level werewolf leaves to establish their own pack, but will usually remain on good terms with their former leader.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show

Crafty_Cultist original comments:

I decided to have werewolf build into werewolf lord- the first two levels are the former while the last two are the latter. I ignored the rule that only natural lycanthropes can spread the disease, instead it can only be spread by a werewolf who has mastered their curse. The alpha wolf ability was to give the werewolf lord authority over their brethren(and their very own pack).

Personal comments:

Very nice and original job. Just cleaned up a little the formation, added the image and allowed the werewolf to become bigger at higher levels.

Done by Crafty_Cultist.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-19 at 12:46 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post
    Thanks for the ghoul. Was a bit disappointed there was nothing about eating corpses (like the mind flayer's brain suck or the vampire's blood drink), but it looks as though it works quite nicely as written.
    You're completely right. It's unadmissible to leave the ghoul whitout some "I CRAVE MORTAL FLESH!" ability. Ghoul now has feed and devour abilities to gain bonus from eating corpses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post
    Regarding the gnoll, would it be extreme to give it scent, rather than an ability bonus? I'm of the opinion that it would fit the gnoll better.
    Now on that I don't agree so much. The original gnoll has no scent, but has high str, and the fluff text describes them as powerfull thugs and not exactly tracker specialists.

Crafty Cultist:
    Your werewolf is now in the index, just copied-pasta it to put a picture and some minor tweaks, great job you did with the man-wolf!
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-29 at 03:15 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

The werewolf's growth was originally to shift from wolf to dire wolf, but allowing it to advance to larger sizes would make a high level werewolf a battle to remember

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

Ghoul now has feed and devour abilities to gain bonus from eating corpses.
    Uh, that Devour ability should really have a maximum cap; something like +5 or so. As it is, a single ghoul with sufficient corpses could get some arbitrarily high bonuses to attack rolls, skill checks, & saving throws. And the more they attack...
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 2010-03-29 at 08:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    B-but what about Werebears?
    I got your werebear right here...

The Werebear
    Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites
    to become a werebear, the character must meet the following requirements

Special:Must have been injured by the natural attack of another werebear and contracted lycanthropy

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Alternate form(bear), Bear empathy, Lunar body, Hunter's nose
    2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Growth, +1wis
    4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Curse of lycantropy, Indominable[/table]
    Skills: 2+int mod. Class skills are handle animal, swim, listen, spot, survival

Proficiencies: A werebear gains proficiency with their own natural wepons

Features:

Lunar body(ex): Werebears retain old racial modifiers and gain the shapechanger subtype. They gain low-light vision if they did not already possess it.

A werebear gains natural armor equal to its con bonus while in bear or hybrid form. While in humanoid form their natural armor is equal to half their con bonus

Wolf empathy: a werebear can communicate with bears and dire bears regardless of form and gains a +4 bonus on charisma based checks to influence them.

[i]Alternate Form(su):[i/] At first level, a werebear can take bear form. while in this form, they cannot use wepons or do anything requiring the use of hands, but gains two claw attacks and a bite attack dealing 1d6 damage and their move speed increases to 40ft. In addition, they gain the improved grab ability. A werebear can transform 1/day/HD, and can remain transformed indefinitely.

For every level in werewolf, or for every two in another class, the werebear's alternate form improves as shown below

1|+1con
    2|+1str, +1con
    3|+1str, +2con
    4|+2str, +2con
    5|+2str, +3con
    6|+3str, +3con
    7|+3str, +4con
    8|+4str, +4con
    9|+4str, +5con
    10|+5str,+5con
    11|+5str, +6con
    12|+6str, +6con[/table]

At second level, a werebear can assume hybrid form. While in hybrid form, a werebear gains two claw attacks for 1d4 damage each and a bite attack dealing 1d6 damage, and can weild any wepons they could use in humanoid form. Both alternate forms are medium sized, regardless of the creature's humanoid size. A werebear in alternate form gains a +4 bonus to swim checks

Hunters nose: a werebear in bear form gains the scent ability and gains a + bonus on survival checks to track by scent equal to his HD. at second level this ability works regardless of form.

Lunar hide: At second level, a werebear gains DR equal to their HD/Silver while in alternate form

Growth: At 3rd level, a werebear's alternate forms become large. their bite attack deals 2d6 and their claws deal 1d8. In addition their natural armour improves by 1 while in alternate form.

A werebear of 12 HD or more may choose to become huge by expending two normal transformations.

A werebear of 16 HD or more may choose to become gargantuan by expending three normal transformations.

A werebear of 20 HD or more may choose to become colossal by expending four normal transformations.

Curse of lycanthropy: At 4th level a werebear can transmit lycanthropy to other creatures. if a medium or large humanoid or giant is hit by their natural attacks while they are in alternate form, the creature must make a fortitude save(DC10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or contract lycanthropy. For more information on lycanthropy, check the lycanthrope entry in the monster manual.

Indominable: At 4th level, a werebear gains the ability to shrug off damage. 1/day for every 4HD they possess, the werebear can try to resist an attack. If the werebear succeeds a fortitude save(DC=damage dealt) then half of the damage of the attacks is ignored and the other half is converted into subdual damage. They also gain diehard as a bonus feat, regardless of whether or not they meet the prerequisites. If the werebear already has this feat they may choose a different one

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    The werebear is basically the werewolf with a few modifications. They have higher strength and constitution, but no bonuses to dexterity. Their capstone ability reflects their incredible endurance rather than becoming a pack leader
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2010-03-29 at 09:06 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.