New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Something seems Odd about that last sentence.

Edit:So, you keep the racial bonuses if you're a half dragon or half fiend? Doesn't that seem a little bit strong? You could easily do a one level dip in the class and get a lot of nice stuff. In the case of half fiend I'd get Str +4, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +4, and Cha +2 then, correct?
    No, you don't gain the stat bonuses normally attached to the template. You'd only get what is given by the first level, that is smite good, a few spell-like abilities, and the traits given by the Tainted body.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

Do monsters that normally have subtypes (eg Succubus) have their subtypes? You don't specify.

3. - Top - End - #423

Quote Originally Posted by volthawk View Post
    Do monsters that normally have subtypes (eg Succubus) have their subtypes? You don't specify.
    Well I missed it on the succubbus but later alignment monster like the erinyes do grant you subtypes. If you spot any other let me know and I'll change them.

Added Nerra and Half-fiend to the index.

Crafty Cultist: Mind puting images in your monster classes? If you don't I'll do it myself. Eventualy.

AustontheGreat1:
    Your beholder looks quite good but it needs some abiliy to fire multiple eyes in a turn. I sugest filling the dead levels with some "quicken eye ray" ability, perhaps burning eye uses per day faster than normal or using a daily limit.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also for the beholder an ability to be able to add metamagic feats to its eye rays would also be nice.
    Really really really awesome avatar thanks to neoseph7

5. - Top - End - #425

What exactly is the benefit for growth for the angel class? To me, it doesn't seem like it helps in any way. The already weak BAB goes down even further for a few minor bonuses that people probably won't use very often.
    1-The MM planetar/solar are large sized.
    2-You have cleric casting. That means divine power, wich gives you full Bab.
    3-Also, polymorph SLA.
    4-Eerrr, being large is badass?

Anyway, after a quick view over other monsters, that particular class did look a little lackluster, so I buffed the angel by giving it more class skills, good will save, and the ability to gain a bonus to mental stats instead of growing one size category

I don't know, to me, it just doesn't seem very good. Although, maybe there's something you can do with large size that you can't with medium that I'm unaware of.
    Plenty. Not only you become immune to several effects that affect only medium/small, you can also take special feats like knocback that allow for great melee builds, and monster prcs like hulking hurler.

Also I've been taking care of the nitpicks you point out like the yuan-ti and silver dragon, so thanks for the help overall!
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-05-21 at 10:11 AM.

6. - Top - End - #426

The Lich

Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites
    to become a lich, the character must meet the following requirements

Feats: Craft wondrous item
    Spells: Able to cast Spells and caster level 11 or higher.
    Special: Must create a Phylactery. See page 168 of the monster manual for the requirements a lich must meet to construct its phylactery.
    HD:d12
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |Fell magic, Dark touch, Undying body

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |Dark refuge, Fell defense, Undying terror, Improved dark touch[/table]
    Skills: 2+int mod. A lich has no class skills

Proficiencies: A Lich gains proficiency with their dark touch

Features:

Undying Body:
    Unlike other monster classes, the Lich doesn't lose his racial ability modifiers, but he does gain undead traits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    * No Constitution score.
    * Darkvision out to 60 feet.
    * Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    * Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
    * Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
    * Heals naturaly.
    * Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
    * Uses its Charisma modifier for Concentration checks.
    * Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed, unless it has activated it's fast healing ability.
    * Not affected by Raise Dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and True Resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.
    * Liches don't need to breath, eat, or sleep. However, a Lich may do any of the three if desired.

In addition, a lich gains a natural armor bonus equal to the ability bonus they use for spellcasting and all current and future hit dice become d12s

Fell Magic:
    An lich who takes further levels in a spellcasting class can count his lich levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and geting new spell slots. So for example, a lich 2 wizard 11 who took another level of wizard could choose to have CL 14, get 1 6th level spell slot, and 1 7th level slot. He wouldn't get the spell slots of a wizard 12 however.

Dark Touch:
    A lich gains a touch attack that deals damage equal to 1d8+ the lich's ability bonus to the ability score it's spellcasting is based on. a lich with multiple spellcasting classes uses the class with the highest ability bonus.

Dark Refuge:
    At second level, a lich Gains the ability to retreat into their phylactery when their body is destroyed. While in it's phylactery, a lich can see and hear out to a radius of 120ft but cannot take any actions. After 1d10 days, the lich will form a new body near its phylactery that is identical to its previous form.

Fell Defense:
    At second level, the unholy magic that animates the lich begins to ward off certain attacks. They gain electricity resistance, cold resistance, and a bonus on saves against polymorphing equal to their hit dice. They also gain half that amount of damage reduction/magic and bludgeoning.

Undying Terror:
    A second level lich gains an aura of fear that effects any enemies in a 5ft per HD radius. Any enemy with fewer HD than the lich must make a will save (DC10+1/2HD+the lich's spellcasting ability modifier) or be shaken for 1 round per HD of the lich. If the creature has fewer than half the liches HD(rounded down), then the creature becomes panicked instead and is still shaken for 1 round on a successful saving throw. A creature that makes a successful saving throw is immune to this ability for 24 hours

Improved Dark Touch:
    Any creature hit by the dark touch of a second level lich must make a fortitude saving throw(DC10+1/2HD+spellcasting ability mod) or become paralyzed. This paralysis last until removed, either by a remove paralysis spell or magic that can remove a curse. The paralyzed creature appears dead but a DC20 spot check or a DC15 heal check will reveal the creature is still alive

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    When making the lich it took a while to decide how to handle the spellcasting. In the end I went with the same method used for other monsters designed to multiclass into spellcasting classes. I also made their fear aura more useful, so it can affect creatures above 6HD. Undead dont normally receive class skills, but the cost of the phylactery should balance it out

Done and commented by Crafty Cultist, I just did this to add an image.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-23 at 07:04 AM.

7. - Top - End - #427

The Half-fiend

Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites

to become a Half-feind, the character must meet the following requirements
    Must have an ancestor who was an outsider native to the lower planes

OR

Skills: Knowledge(the planes):8 ranks
    Alignment: any non-good
    Special: Must drink fiend blood in a special ritual

HD:d8
    1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Tainted body, Smite good, Lesser fiendish magic
    2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Tainted Soul,Wings, +1 dex, Intermediate Fiendish magic
    3rd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Tainted Hide, Greater fiendish magic, +1str, +1int[/table]
    Skills: 4+int mod. Class skills are bluff, hide, intimidate, listen, knowledge(arcana) knowledge(the planes), move silently, sense motive, spellcraft, and spot

Proficiencies: A Half-fiend gains proficiency with their own natural wepons

Features:

Tainted body:Unlike other monster classes, the Half-fiend doesn't lose its racial ability modifiers, but he does gain native outsider traits.

The half-fiend gains two claw attacks dealing 1d4+Str damage each and a bite attack dealing 1d6+1/2 Str damage. Those are the values for a medium sized half-fiend, and should be adjusted to half-fiends of other size by the standard die size changes.

The half fiend also gains a +1 bonus to natural armor and immunity to poison

Smite good: A number of times per day equal to 1+1/5HD, a Half fiend can make a normal melee attack that deals extra damage equal to its HD against a good foe

Feindish magic: A half-fiend gains spell like abilities. the abilities gained, requirements, and uses per day are shown below. Save DCs are 10+1/2HD+charisma modifier
    {table=head]HD Required|Feindish Magic Required|Spell|Uses per day
    1|lesser|Darkness|1/HD
    3|lesser|Desecrate|1/2HD
    5|lesser|Unholy Blight|1/2HD
    7|lesser|poison|1/HD
    9|intermediate|Contagion|1/HD
    11|intermediate|Blasphemy|1/2HD
    13|intermediate|Unhallow|1/4HD
    13|Greater|Unholy Aura|1/2HD
    15|Greater|Horrid Wilting|1/4HD
    17|Greater|Summon MosterIX|1/4HD
    19|Greater|Destruction|1/4HD[/table]
    If they multiclasses for an arcane/divince class they can count its Half-fiend levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and geting new spell slots. So for example, a Half-fiend 3 who took 1 level of sorceror could choose to have CL 4, get 3 2nd level spell slots, 1 1st level spell slot, 1 2nd level spell known and 1 0th level spell known. it wouldn't get the spell knowns and spell slots of a sorceror 3 however. They would get the familiar ability, but half-fiend levels wouldn't count for it

Tainted soul: A second level Half-fiend gains spell resistance equal to 10+HD+charisma bonus(minimum +1). If the half-fiend already has spell resistance from a different source, It can add its charisma bonus to its spell resistance.

Wings: A half fiend at gains wings that allow it to fly at its land speed with average manueverabilty

Tainted Hide: At third level, the Half-fiend's hide becomes supernaturally resilient. he gains damage reduction/magic equal to half his HD and resistance to acid, cold, fire and electricity equal to half its HD

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    The main challenge with the half-fiend class was making the levels balanced. I made the spell-like abilities dependent on both half-fiend levels and total HD

Done and commented by Crafty Cultist, I'm just adding an image.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-08-28 at 09:49 AM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know, to me, it just doesn't seem very good. Although, maybe there's something you can do with large size that you can't with medium that I'm unaware of.
    Two words: Awesome Blow. If you qualify, it's one of the most fun feats in the game.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Orc in the Playground

5/21/2010
    Added bonus metamagic feats to every even level starting at 4th so as to give the eye rays more options. Tried to come up with an ability that lets a beholder fire more eye rays but i had to stop because I didn't know how many is appropriate. At first though that they could fire all 10 in a round but that didn't sound right. then i though remembered a friend telling me that due to the way they eyes are spaced on the head the beholder can only shoot up to like 2 or 3 a round. I read beholder but I might have missed it.

Can anyone tell me what is the correct amount? My first 2 ideas were either a number in a full round action equal to their intelligence modifier, though any given eye ray can only be fired once in a round. or a number of rays equal to 1/2 his HD.

I need help on this one.

Now off to watch Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs with my awesome 6 year old niece!

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by AustontheGreat1 View Post
    5/21/2010
    I need help on this one.
    The original beholder can fire all his rays at the same time, but can fire only 3 in any 90% arc. So he can fire all his 10 in the same turn if he's aiming in diferent directions. That's what makes the beholder such an interesting fight, as he dives into the party and then shoots everything around him while shuting down pesky casters with his AMF gaze.

My sugestion would be to allow the beholder class to fire multiple eye rays for no extra cost as long as they're all in diferent 90ş arcs, and fire up to 3 on the same arc with extra cost of uses, like 2 uses for two rays and three uses for three rays, so you can focus fire but it will wear you down fast or spread around the pain.

Also, your AMF eye is kinda self-crippling, because since it affects the beholder himself it means it shuts down his own SLAs and it can't fire rays anymore, wich is clearly against the purpose of the class

11. - Top - End - #431
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

We need an inevitable class. could someone do that?
    i had a shirt that said "I roll nat 20s". I exchanged it
    for a shirt that said "the dice are trying to kill me!"

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by Battlechemist View Post
    We need an inevitable class. could someone do that?
    You mean like this?

13. - Top - End - #433
    Bugbear in the Playground

Here is my latest. and a working photohosting account means Oslecamo doesn't need to waste his time adding a picture

The Half-celestial

Spoiler
    Show
    Prerequisites

to become a Half-celestial, the character must meet the following requirements
    Must have an ancestor who was an outsider native to the upper planes

OR

Skills: Knowledge(the planes):8 ranks
    Alignment: any non-evil
    Special: Must drink celestial blood in a special ritual
    HD:d8

1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Angelic body, Smite evil, Lesser celestial magic
    2nd|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Angelic Soul,Wings, +1 wis, Intermediate celestial magic
    3rd|
    +2
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Angelic skin, Greater celestial magic, +1 str, +1 cha[/table]
    Skills: 4+int mod. Class skills are diplomancy, intimidate, listen, knowledge(arcana) knowledge(the planes), knowledge(religion), perform, sense motive, spellcraft, spot

Proficiencies: A Half-celestial gains no proficiencies

Features:

Angelic body:Unlike other monster classes, the Half-celestial doesn't lose its racial ability modifiers, but he does gain native outsider traits.

The half-celestial also gains a +1 bonus to natural armor and immunity to disease

Smite evil: A number of times per day equal to 1+1/5HD, a Half-celestial can make a normal melee attack that deals extra damage equal to its HD against a evil foe

Celestial magic: A half-celestial gains spell like abilities. the abilities gained, requirements, and uses per day are shown below. Save DCs are 10+1/2HD+charisma modifier
    {table=head]HD Required|Celestial Magic Required|Spell|Uses per day
    1|lesser|Daylight, Detect Evil|1/HD
    3|lesser|Aid|1/2HD
    5|lesser|Holy Smite|1/2HD
    7|lesser|Neutralize Poison, Cure Serious Wounds|1/HD
    9|intermediate|Remove Disease|1/HD
    11|intermediate|Holy Word|1/2HD
    13|intermediate|Hallow|1/4HD
    13|Greater|Holy Aura|1/2HD
    15|Greater|Mass Charm Monster|1/4HD
    17|Greater|Summon MosterIX|1/4HD
    19|Greater|Resurrection|1/6HD[/table]
    If they multiclasses for an arcane/divince class they can count its Half-celestial levels as levels of that class for purposes of CL and for the purposes of learning new spells and geting new spell slots. So for example, a Half-celestial 3 who took 1 level of sorceror could choose to have CL 4, get 3 2nd level spell slots, 1 1st level spell slot, 1 2nd level spell known and 1 0th level spell known. it wouldn't get the spell knowns and spell slots of a sorceror 3 however. They would get the familiar ability, but half-celestial levels wouldn't count for it

Angelic soul: A second level Half-celestial gains spell resistance equal to 10+HD+charisma bonus(minimum +1). If the half-celestial already has spell resistance from a different source, It can add its charisma bonus to its spell resistance.

Wings: A half-celestial at gains wings that allow it to fly at twice its land speed with good manueverabilty

Angelic skin: At third level, the Half-celestial's hide becomes supernaturally resilient. he gains damage reduction/magic equal to his HD and resistance to acid, cold, fire and electricity equal to half its HD

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, this class wasn't hard. I just retooled the half fiend class with different abilities. I decreased the uses of their capstone spell-like ability, since ressurection normally has an expensive material component
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2010-11-12 at 03:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. I can't decide between whether I like the Balor or the pit fiend better. The pit fiend is lawful evil which, if I had to play evil, would be the evil I'd play. However, the Balor just screams Balrog to me and that's what I want to play if my Paladin dies after this campaign is over.

Also, neither of them seems to specify a caster level for their SLAs. I imagine it's equal to their HD but right now Fireball could be either 20d6 or 1d6 AFAIK.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-05-22 at 12:54 AM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    My suggestion would be to allow the beholder class to fire multiple eye rays for no extra cost as long as they're all in diferent 90ş arcs, and fire up to 3 on the same arc with extra cost of uses, like 2 uses for two rays and three uses for three rays, so you can focus fire but it will wear you down fast or spread around the pain.
    I shall do this Eventually. Busy recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Also, your AMF eye is kinda self-crippling, because since it affects the beholder himself it means it shuts down his own SLAs and it can't fire rays anymore, which is clearly against the purpose of the class
    Well, Beholders can't use their eye rays while using their Antimagic Eye. So I figured it would be appropriate to keep it that way.

16. - Top - End - #436

Quote Originally Posted by AustontheGreat1 View Post
    Well, Beholders can't use their eye rays while using their Antimagic Eye. So I figured it would be appropriate to keep it that way.
    No, no, you've, interpreted that wrong, what the text says it's that the beholder can't shoot his eye rays against enemies inside his AMF gaze(as that would be really jerkish). He's still free to shoot rays against enemies outside his AMF gaze!

EDIT:

Kyuubi:
    All monster SLAs caster level is equal to their HD. It says so in the first post of the thread.

Also, you're right that the Balor screams Balrog, because the D&D version was directly inspired by the epic LOTR monster.

Crafty Cultist:
    Another great job with the half-celestial! You're really geting the hang of this! Gonna add it to the index right away.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-05-22 at 09:20 AM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

awsome work here. love these classes. especially the prestige classes. you know. the aquired templates? as opposed to a creatre.

I'd like a little more of those, if you don't mind. like all the undead, or half-races. I see you have some, what with half dragon, half celestial/fiend, and those, but if you could add more...?
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

18. - Top - End - #438

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    awsome work here. love these classes. especially the prestige classes. you know. the aquired templates? as opposed to a creatre.

I'd like a little more of those, if you don't mind. like all the undead, or half-races. I see you have some, what with half dragon, half celestial/fiend, and those, but if you could add more...?
    I seem to be fast becoming a template specialist. if you have any requests let me know. I tend to work sporadically though.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

The red dragon entry still needs edited. It currently looks like it gets +52 Strength, +52 Constitution and +39 Charisma. Alternatively, you could edit the other dragon entries to show the total bonuses you'd have at each level instead of just the +1s. I recommend the latter personally.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm pretty sure Half illithid happens when a mind-flayer worm is inserted into a non-human. of course, a mindflayer results from puting it in a human, and we know were purple worms come from too.

Could you make a Half-illithid class?

And although I'm sure you wouldn't be allowed to gain them mid-campain, or after any class other than racial classes, how about half-elf, half-troll, or half-orc?

Heh, heh. play a half-orc Elf. that would be fun. or half-troll dragon.
    Last edited by flabort; 2010-05-25 at 07:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #441

Half farspawn would probably be better because its more general.

22. - Top - End - #442

Quote Originally Posted by demidracolich View Post
    Half farspawn would probably be better because its more general.
    What book are they in? I don't think I have access to it. but if its online somwhere then I'll give it a shot, but since half-illithid was suggested first, I'll probably do that first

Spoiler
    Show

Or something.

23. - Top - End - #443

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    What book are they in? I don't think I have access to it. but if its online somwhere then I'll give it a shot, but since half-illithid was suggested first, I'll probably do that first
    Lords of Madness.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Orc in the Playground

I've been interested in the project for a while, but have never posted or critiqued. I've got time to help out now, so I thought I would start by statting the pixie. If it's acceptable, I'll do some more in the future.

Please PEACH, and don't be afraid to completely buff/gut the class. I'm just interested in making it viable and fun to play. Also, I don't have a good picture, but you guys seem good at finding those.

Pixie
    Spoiler
    Show

HD:d6
    {table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Pixie Body, Pixie Initiate, Fey Blood, Cha+2, Dex+2, Str-2
    2|+1|+0|+2|+3|Sprite Skin, Fey Senses, Int+1
    3|+1|+1|+3|+3|Pixie Adept, Cha+1, Dex+1
    4|+2|+1|+4|+4|Pixie Finesse, Int+1
    5|+2|+1|+4|+4|Irresistible Dance, Pixie Mage, Cha+1, Dex+1
    [/table]
    Skills:6+Int modifier per level, Class skills are Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Search, Slight of Hand, Spot and Tumble.

Proficiencies: A pixie is proficient with all simple weapons, and with the short sword, shortbow and longbow.

Features:

Pixie Body: A pixie loses all other racial bonus and gains fey traits (basically low light vision). It is a small sized fey with base speed of 20 feet.

Pixie Initiate: A pixie becomes adept at casting several spell-like abilities. At level one, a pixie can cast the following SLA's. All SLA save DC's are equal to 10+1/2HD+Cha mod.

Charm Person 1/day per HD. (Upgraded to Charm Monster at 7 HD)
    Entangle 1/day per HD.
    Sleep 1/day per HD.
    Reduce or Enlarge Person 1/day per HD. (Self only)

A pixie's sleep SLA is unique, in that it does not have a HD cap. Instead, it can affect a number of HD equal to the pixie's HD, plus her Cha modifier. In addition, as a full round action, a pixie may fire one sleep arrow from a bow. This sleep arrow uses up one of her daily uses of the sleep SLA, but if it hits, the save DC is raised by half of the pixie's HD.

Fey Blood: A pixie receives spells known and spells per day as a bard of same level, but she casts as a sorcerer and takes her spells known from the sorcerer/wizard spell list. In addition, spells from the Air, Healing, and Plant domains are treated as being on the pixie's spell list, but the necromancy school is treated as a barred school, and the pixie may never gain a familiar, even if she multi-classes into a sorcerer.

If she multi-classes into a bard, her spellcasting increases as a bard.
    If she multi-classes into a sorcerer, she is treated as already having a number of sorcerer levels, for the purposes of spell slots and spells known, but not any other class features.

{table]Pixie Level | Virtual Sorcerer Casting
    1|-
    2|1
    3|2
    4|3
    5|4
    6|5
    7|6
    8|6
    9|7
    10|8
    [/table]

So for example a pixie 2 who takes a level of sorcerer would count as already having 1 level of sorcerer and gains the spell slots and spell known that a sorcerer gains when leveling from level 1 to 2, but would not gain any additional spell slots and spells known typically provided by taking 1 level of sorcerer.

Her caster level remains equal to her full HD when multi-classing to sorcerer. If a pixie takes a casting prestige class, she may choose to advance her casting as that of a sorcerer.

Ability Changes: A pixie gains Cha +2 at level 1, and +1 at levels 3 and 5, Int +1 at levels 2 and 4, Dex +2 at level 1, and +1 at levels 3 and 5, and Str -2 at level one.

Sprite Skin: At second level, a pixie gains DR/cold iron equal to half her HD, and Spell Resistance equal to 11 + HD.

Fey Senses:
    At second level, a pixie gains a bonus to all Listen, Spot, and Search checks equal to her HD.

Pixie Adept: At third level, a pixie is able to cast more spells as SLA's.

Lesser Confusion 1/day per HD. (Upgraded to Confusion at 7 HD)
    Detect Good, Evil, Law, Chaos or Thoughts 2/day per HD.
    Invisibility 1/day per 2 HD. (Upgraded to Greater Invisibility at 7 HD)

Pixie Finesse: At fourth level, a pixie adds her Charisma modifier as a dodge bonus to her AC and gains the feat Weapon Finesse. She also gains a fly speed of 60 feet (Good). Her maneuverability increases to perfect at level 5.

Irresistible Dance: At fifth level, a pixie may cast irresistible dance 1/day per 5 HD.

Pixie Mage: At fifth level, a pixie is able to cast even more SLA's.

Dispel Magic 1/day per 2 HD.
    Suggestion 1/day per HD.
    Hold Person 1/day per HD. (Upgrade to Hold Monster at 9 HD)

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

The pixie was a hard one due to it's horrible weakness in some areas (SLA's and combat), and amazing abilities in other areas (Permanent Greater Invisibility, and Irresistible Dance). I tried to flavor the pixie as more of a spellcaster, with some rogue elements. A few nice SLA's, some defensive abilities, and casting as a dragon will make this class viable, without making it overpowered.

Pixie Paragon
    Spoiler
    Show

Prerequisites: Pixie level 5

1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Improved Sprite Skin, Combat Charming, Cha+1, Dex+1
    2|+1|+0|+2|+3|Improved Spell-Like Abilities
    3|+1|+1|+3|+3|Improved Pixie Finesse, Pixie Enchantress, Cha+1, Dex+1
    [/table]
    Skills:6+Int modifier per level, Class skills are Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Sense Motive, Search, Slight of Hand, Spot and Tumble.

Improved Sprite Skin: At first level, a pixie paragon becomes more resilient to attacks. For purposes of determining her DR, her HD is treated as 4 higher. (Giving an effective +2 bonus to her DR)

Combat Charming:
    At first level, a pixie paragon becomes more adept at charming enemies during combat. When she casts an spell or SLA from the (Charm) subschool, the target does not receive a +5 bonus on it's save if it is being threatened by you or your allies. In addition, the DC of all enchantment spells and SLAs cast by the pixie paragon is increased by 1. This ability stacks with other effects that increase the DC of enchantment spells.

Ability Increases: At levels 1 and 3, a pixie paragon's Charisma and Dexterity scores increase by 1.

Improved Spell-Like Abilities: At second level, a pixie paragon becomes able to improve her normal spell-like abilities, and to cast additional ones. She is able to cast the following SLAs.

Crushing Despair 1/day per HD
    Mass Charm Person 1/day per 2 HD. (Upgraded to Mass Charm Monster at 15 HD)
    Her Dispel Magic SLA is upgraded to Greater Dispel Magic at 11 HD.
    Her Suggestion SLA is upgraded to Mass Suggestion at 11 HD.
    She gains a permanent speak with animals effect, as the spell.
    She is able to use tongues, as the spell, a number of rounds per day equal to her HD x 10. Activating this ability requires a swift action, and deactivating it requires a free action.

Improved Pixie Finesse: At third level, a pixie paragon improves her skill of avoiding attacks. She adds half of her Cha modifier to all saving throws, and gains evasion, as a rogue.

Pixie Enchantress: At third level, a pixie paragon becomes able to affect creatures with its abilities that it normally wouldn't be able to. Any intelligent creature that would normally be unaffected by mind-affecting effects can now be targeted by mind-affecting spells and SLA's from the pixie paragon. The creature receives a +5 bonus on its save. Any creature that is normally immune to magical sleep can also be affected the the pixie's sleep SLA, though it receives a +5 bonus on its save.
    Last edited by Ilriyn; 2010-05-29 at 04:11 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Pixie in the Playground

Seems to be good time to try making those Slaadi, so lets go:

The Slaadi
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    HD: d8
    {table=head] Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Features
    1st|+0|+2|+0|+2|Body of Chaos
    2nd|+1|+3|+0|+3|Green Slaad, +1 Str, +1 Dex
    3rd|+2|+3|+1|+3|Sunder, Slaad SLAs, Tools of Anarchist
    4th|+3|+4|+1|+4|Fast Healing, +1 Dex, +1 Cha
    5th|+3|+4|+1|+4|Anyone, anywere
    6th|+4|+5|+2|+5|Manttle of Chaos, Summon Slaad, +1 Dex, +1 Con
    7th|+5|+5|+2|+5|Disruption of Society
    8th|+6|+6|+2|+6|Limbo Skin, Predator's Weapons (claws), You can't hide (or even run, really), +1 Str, +1 Dex
    9th|+6|+6|+3|+6|Fall of Sivilization
    10th|+7|+7|+3|+7|Disciple of Chaos, Gray Slaad, Predator's Weapons (bite), +1 Con, +1 Cha
    11th|+8|+7|+3|+7|Movement of Mind
    12th|+9|+8|+4|+8|Predator's Weapons (claws), Stun, +1 Str, +1 Con
    13th|+9|+8|+4|+8|Death Slaad, End of a Line
    14th|+10|+9|+4|+9|Predator's Weapons (bite), +1 Con, +1 Cha
    15th|+11|+9|+5|+9|Words of Power
    16th|+12|+10|+5|+10|Adept of Chaos, Blood of Chaos, Chaos Bite, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    17th|+12|+10|+5|+10|Whims of Limbo
    18th|+13|+11|+6|+11|Predator's Weapons (claws), +1 Str, +1 Cha
    19th|+14|+11|+6|+11|Hmmm, upgrades
    20th|+15|+12|+6|+12|Master of Chaos, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    21th|+15|+12|+7|+12|White Slaad, Growth, +1 Con
    22th|+16|+13|+7|+12|Chaos Spittle, Limit Break, Weaponbreaker, +1 Str, +1 Con
    23th|+16|+13|+7|+13|Butterflies and Hurricanes
    24th|+17|+14|+8|+14|Anarchic Magic, Tongues, Chaos Touch, Growth, +1 Con, +1 Cha
    25th|+17|+14|+8|+14|Black Slaad, Overlord of Chaos, +1 Str, +1 Con[/table]
    Skills: 4 +Int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills are Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Diplomancy, Escape Artist, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (any), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Swim, Use Magic Devise.

Proficiencies: simple and martial weapons, it's ow natural weapons

Features:
    Body of Chaos: loses all racial bonuses and penalties, gains outsider traits (basicaly darkvision 60 feets). It's a medium sized outsider with base speed of 30 feets, two claw attacks dealing d6 +Str each and a bite attack dealing 2d6 + ˝ Str. All slaads speak their own language, slaad, in addition with common.
    Nobody has ever found written form of slaad language, and many doupt if it even exists.

In addition, it gains a Natural Armor bonus equal to it's Con modifier.

Green Slaad: Green slaadi are defensive about weaknesses and selfaggrandizing in triumph. Tremendous braggarts, they sometimes pause even during combat to gloat over opponents. Green slaadi are above red and blue slaadi, so they are one step more friendly to him than they would otherwise be. The slaad gains chaotic subtype, and any weapon it wields, including natural weapons, counts as chaotic aligned for bypassing DR. It also gains resistance to sonic damage equal to his own HD, and resistance to acid, cold, electricity and fire equal to half his own HD.
    In addition, the slaad is immune to harmful effects of Limbo, expect of cource any random encounters.
    Thus wild magic does not effect slaadi magic (expect if slaad wishes that to happen...)

Ability increase: The Slaad ability scores increase permanently by the shown amount:
    {table]Level|Total bonus gained
    2|+1 Str, +1 Dex
    4|+1 Str, +2 Dex, +1 Cha
    6|+1 Str, +3 Dex, +1 Con, +1 Cha
    8|+2 Str, +4 Dex, +1 Con, +1 Cha
    10|+2 Str, +4 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Cha
    12|+3 Str, +4 Dex, +3 Con, +2 Cha
    14|+3 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, +3 Cha
    16|+4 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, +4 Cha
    18|+5 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, +5 Cha
    20|+6 Str, +4 Dex, +4 Con, +6 Cha
    21|+6 Str, +4 Dex, +5 Con, +6 Cha
    22|+7 Str, +4 Dex, +6 Con, +6 Cha
    23|+7 Str, +4 Dex, +6 Con, +7 Cha
    24|+7 Str, +4 Dex, +7 Con, +8 Cha
    25|+8 Str, +4 Dex, +8 Con, +8 Cha[/table]
    NOTE:This table presents the TOTAL bonus gained for ease of keeping count! Don't add the values from different levels!

Sunder: The slaad gains Improved Sunder as a bonus feat. The slaad need not have any of the prerequisites normally required for this feat.

Slaad SLAs: The Slaad becomes able to use some SLAs. Saves are 10 +˝ HD +Cha modifier. Caster level equals his own HD.

Tools of Anarchist: The Slaad gains the following abilities:
    Detect Magic: as a SLA 1/day for each HD.
    Identify: as a SLA 1/Day for each 5 HD or portion of it.
    Protection from Law: as a SLA 1/day for each HD, upgrades to Magic Circle agains Law at 8HD
    Shatter: as a SLA 1/day for each HD.

Fast Healing: Equal to half it's own HD.

Anyone, anywere: The Slaad gains the following abilities:
    Change Shape (Su): A slaad can assume any humanoid form of medium size or smaller as a standard action 1/day for each HD it has. The slaad can remain in its humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form. After level 21, the slaad may use this power to change it's size smaller, up to medium size.
    Invisibility: as a SLA 1/day for each 2 HD, upgrades to Improved Invisibility at 11.
    Detect Thoughts: as a SLA 1/day for each 4 HD.

Manttle of Chaos: The slaad gains spell resistance 12 + his own HD against spells or effects with the lawful descriptor.

Summon Slaad (Sp): Twice per day, the slaad can summon reinforcements, depending on it's HD.
    6 HD: 1 red slaad
    9 HD: 1 blue slaad, or 2 red slaads
    13 HD: 1 green slaad, or 2 blue slaads, or d3+1 red slaads
    16 HD: 1 gray slaad, or 2 green slaads, or d3+1 blue slaads, or d4+1 red slaads
    19 HD: 1 death slaad, or 2 gray slaads, or d3+1 green slaads, or d4+1 blue slaads, or d6+1 red slaads
    24 HD: 1 white slaad, or 2 death slaads, or d3+1 gray slaads, or d6+1 blue slaads, or 2d4+1 red slaads

These slaadi serve for 1 minute per HD and then disappear. The summoned slaadi can't use their own summoning abilities.
    However, slaadi never actually cooperate, so only one slaad will be attacking induvidial target. Leftovers wait for their turn, prepairing theirself for battle, unless they are provoked by been attacked.
    For instance, if four slaadi were facing one human warrior, they would take turns fighting that soul. Only if the first slaad were defeated or human attacks second slaad while first is still standing, would the next begin to fight, and so on.

Even if the original summonner were to die, the summoned slaadi will continue to fight, untill their time runs up.

Disruption of Society: The Slaad gains the following abilities:
    Chaos Hammer: as a SLA 1/day for each 2 HD.
    Dispel Magic: as a SLA 1/day for each HD, upgrades to Greater Dispel Magic at 12 HD.
    Fireball: as a SLA 1/day for each HD, at 10 HD may instead use Lightning bolt.

Limbo Skin: The Slaad gains DR/lawful to half of it's own HD.

Predator's Weapons: The slaads natural weapons grew more powerful. At 8th level his claw attacks damage increases to 2d4, and at level 12 their damage increases to 2d6, and again at level 18 their damage increases to 3d6.
    At lv 10 his bite damage increses to 2d8, and at lv 14, the damage increases again, to 2d10.

You can't hide (or even run, really): As bizare predators the slaadi can hunt even clever and fast prey. Starting at level 8th, the slaad has See Invisibility as the spell, but permanent effect, and it upgrades to True Seeing at 22th level.
    In addition, the slaadi becomes more faster, at levels 8, 9 & 10 add + 5 feet to its speed, and every 2 HD past 10th it gains additional +5 feet to its speed, for total speed of 80 feet at HD 24.

Fall of Sivilization: The Slaad gains the following abilities:
    Deeper Darkness: as a SLA 1/day for each 3 HD.
    Dispel Law: as a SLA 1/day for each 3 HD.
    Fear: as a SLA 1/day for each 2 HD.

Disciple of Chaos (Su): The Slaad can manifest small amounth of the Ever-Changing Chaos of Limbo to change the appearance of the enviroment for short time. This is similar to Hallucinatory Terrain-spell, but the slaad may use it as a swift action for total amounth of 1 minute / HD in a day, and he may end it as a free action. Uses don't have to be continual, but each use of this ability spents 5 minutes at least. In addition, caster level of all Chaotic spell is +1 in this area, while Lawful spells have -1 to caster level.

Gray Slaad: A Green slaad that lives to advanced age (a century or achieves the necessary power) sometimes withdraw into wilderness isolation. Most are never seeing again, but after sometime, even over a year, some slaadi return to their fellows as gray slaadi. Unintrested in lesser slaadi, grays become fascinated by power and magic, apperantly seeking the near-immortality of the most powerful slaadi. All red and blue slaadi threat him as two steps friendlier than they would otherwise, and green slaadi threat him as one step friendlier than they would otherwise.

Movement of Mind: The Slaad gains the following abilities:
    Animate Objects: as a SLA 1/day for each 3 HD.
    Fly: as a SLA 1/day for each 3 HD.
    Telekinesis: as a SLA 1/day for each 5 HD.
    Teleport: as a SLA 1/day for each 3 HD, upgrades to Greater Teleport at 14 HD. Starting at 16 HD may spent two uses to use Plane Shift instead.

Stun: The slaad gains Stunning Fist as a bonus feat. The slaad need not have any of the prerequisites normally required for this feat.

End of a Line: The Slaad gains the following abilities:
    Circle of Death: as a SLA 1/day for each 4 HD.
    Finger of Death: as a SLA 1/day for each 2 HD.

Death Slaad: The greatest of their kind, these few powerful slaadi have achieved near-immortal longevity through weird ceremonies. Most of the half-dozen known death slaadi work to propagate their race, marshalling mob of red and blue slaadi to invade small villages on the Lower Planes. They imprison the population as host and icubate a new generation of slaadi.
    All red, blue, green and gray slaadi treat him three steps friendlier than they would otherwise.
    Death slaadi can communicate with all races through telepathy: the death slaad gains telepathy with range of 40 feets, and it increases with 5 feet per every HD after 13.

Words of Power: The Slaad gains the following abilities:
    Power Word: Blind: as a SLA 1/day for each 2 HD.
    Power Word: Stun: as a SLA 1/day for each 3 HD.
    Power Word: Kill: as a SLA 1/day for each 4 HD.

Adept of Chaos: Connection of Limbo and the slaad grews more powerful. He may now use Mirage Arcana instead of Hallucinatory Terrain when he manifests Limbo.

Blood of Chaos (Ex): The slaad is more in tune with the true principle of chaos than his lesser cousins. As such, the slaadi can summon forth the force of chaos to degrade and destroy that which they bite, spit upon, or touch. The chaos, once released, burns all substances almost like acid. Even creatures protected against chaos, such as by a magic circle against chaos spell, take half damage. The Chaotic damage is d4, +1d4 for every HD past after 16. The slaad is immune to it's own chaos attacks.

Chaos Bite(Ex): On a successful bite attack, the slaad deals an additional chaotic damage as shown in Blood of Chaos (above). Unless the chaos infecting the wound is somehow neutralized, it deals another half of chaotic damage of the original attack on every subsequent round for Con modifier rounds.

Whims of Limbo: The Slaad gains the following abilities:
    Cloak of Chaos: as a SLA 1/day for each 2 HD.
    Song of Discord: as a SLA 1/day for each 4 HD.
    Word of Chaos: as a SLA 1/day for each 3 HD.

Hmmm, upgrades: The Slaad gains the following abilities:
    Chain Lightning: as a SLA 1/day for each 5 HD.
    Delayed Blast Fireball: as a SLA 1/day for each 5 HD.
    Implosion: as a SLA 1/day for each 6 HD.

Master of Chaos: The slaad is a living link to Limbo. Now when he manifests the power of Limbo, threat the are as a wild magic area.

White Slaad: A death slaad that survives for more than a century retreats into isolation for at least a year. It returns as a larger, stronger form of slaad—the white—and devotes most of its time and attention to the study of yet more lethal art. A white slaad is as pale as snow, seeming to glow in even the dimmest light.
    The slaads DR upgrades to DR/epic and lawful.

When the slaad manifests Limbo, his chaotic magic stars to leak from him. This allows the slaad a potential to use, once per turn, one of his spell like abilities as free action, but the spell is determinated randomly. The slaad may opt to use this ability after using another SLA or when he hits with a natural attack: if so, then the slaad rolls 1d12 and may activate one SLA from corresponding set that granted it.
    {table]1d12|Effect
    12|Roll twice more, ignoring any “12” and “1-4” results.
    11|Hmmm, upgrades
    10|Whims of Limbo
    9|Words of Power
    8|End of a Line
    7|Movement of Mind
    6|Fall of Sivilization
    5|Disruption of Society
    1-4|nothing happens[/table]
    After rolling and determing the set, the slaad activates the power of his choice from the set as a free action, but he still has to spent use of the power.

Growth: At 21th level the slaad grows to large size and gains +1 to Natural Armor. At 24th level the slaad grows to huge size gains another +1 to Natural Armor.

Chaos Spittle (Ex): The slaad can spit a glob of chaos at any target it can see within 60 feet, + 20 feet for every HD past 22, as a ranged touch attack. The chaos deals douple of the chaotic damage shown in Blood of Chaos (above, no splash damage). Unless the chaos is somehow neutralized, the glob deals another half of the chaotic damage of the original attack on every subsequent round for Con modifier rounds.

Limit Break: The slaad can now manifest Limbo indefinitely. It is swift action to start manifestation and free action to end it.
    In addition, the slaad may now use each of his daily SLAs extra times equal to his Charisma modifier.

Weaponbreaker (Ex): When the slaad uses his Improved Sunder feat, he rolls damage twice and takes the higher of the two rolls as the roll to break the weapon.

Butterflies and Hurricanes: The Slaad gains the following abilities:
    Baleful Polymorph: as a SLA 1/day for each 4 HD.
    Insanity: as a SLA 1/day for each 4 HD.
    Irresistable Dance: as a SLA 1/day for each 5 HD.
    Miracle: as a SLA 1/day for each 20 HD.

Anarchic Magic (Ex): The slaad can use his magic faster, but at extra cost. The slaad may use his SLAs as move action by spending an 1 extra uses of the same power, and as a swift action by spendin 2 extra uses.

Tongues (Ex): The slaad has a 15-footlong prehensile tongue split into equal lengths, allowing it to make four melee touch attacks per round. This replaces the slaadi bite attack.

Chaos Touch (Ex): On a successful tongue melee attack, the slaad deals chaotic damage as shown in Blood of Chaos (above). Unless the chaos infecting the wound is somehow neutralized, it deals another half of chaotic damage of the original attack on every subsequent round for Con modifier rounds.

Black Slaad: A white slaad that survives for more than a century retreats into isolation for at least a year. It returns as a larger, stronger form of slaad—the black. A black slaad is a blot of darkness, a toad-shaped-void from which only two evil stars of its eyes gleam.

The Slaad knows how to squeeze more magic out of him when manifesting Limbo. Now, before rolling the 1d12 to determine what power he may use, the slaad may choose to roll more than one die, for a maximum of 4 rolls: after he has rolled the 1d12, he rolls again, and then again etc. If the result would be same as earlier roll on the same round, the slaad treats it as he had rolled one lower. After deciding which power he uses the slaad selects the targets for each spell as he wishes, and then they all take effect simultaneously.
    Use of this power is costly, however. The slaad must use daily uses equal to number of times he rolled this round, to determine the powers, from each of SLAs he wishes to use with this feature in corresponding round.

Overlord of Chaos: The Slaad is one with the Chaos. When manifesting Limbo, the slaad may mimic the effect of Rod of Wonder once per round as a free action. The slaad rolls twice and chooses what happens (he may chooce one or both if so desires) and selects target(s) after deciding the effect. When determing effects of Rod of Wonder (either this ability or use of item) the slaad uses his HD for the caster level and his SLA DCs for these effects, if better.
    In addition, whenever there is a random roll (not an attack, save, skill, atribute check ect.) the slaad rolls twice and decides which roll he takes.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slaadi has always had a special place in my heart. Well, they are carnivorous psychopathic giant frogs, but...

Slaadi are strong physicly and have ton of spell like powers to play with. They have little weaker stat bonuses than balor or pit fiend, but ended up with more spell-like abilities. Summoning has a limiter for their usefulness. Their defences are bit weak, but thus they use offence to compencate that.

Editing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Major changes:
    lowered to medium base attack, changed the rate of gaining SLAs and attributes, splitted Preadator's Weapons to wider levels, added new features to epic levels (to White and Black slaad features) to make them worth a while, basicly allowing slaad to use multiple SLAs per round with great cost.
    Changed the system of free action power, but kept the random feeling in it.
    Fixed some spelling errors, Changed Slaad magic to Slaad SLAs, moved it to 3rd level, as you start to get SLAs then.
    Last edited by Trenelus; 2010-07-07 at 04:44 AM.
    Peace is a lie; there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

26. - Top - End - #446

Pixie
    It looks pretty good, but I suppose that I'd be concerned about it being a 1-level dip, as far as casters go. I mean, what sorcerer/wizard wouldn't take a 1-level dip in Pixie? You get flight, small size AC bonus, a cha bonus and a dex bonus. If you're starting at 1st level, you also have more HP and the SLAs are pretty boss for starting out.

Just throwing it out there, but what if there was a small penalty that stressed that the Pixie had a banned school (I'm thinking Necromancy)? This would be in addition to any for being a specialist wizard. Ergo, the defensive advantages are outweighed by a (flavorful) restriction from using un-pixielike magics, and there's pros/cons for a player to consider.

Also, I think there's a small issue in that the Pixie really lacks clout. At 5th level, you basically can't defeat an opponent on your own. It's an excellent nuisance class, but I wonder if it's too dependent on teammates.

Slaad
    Hrm.

I have a hard time evaluating classes that extend past 14th level because I think game balance goes out the window at that point. It's a point where T1 classes dominate and T6 classes can no longer contribute. This is complicated by the fact that the Slaad class doesn't really parallel any standard classes, so its hard to use anything as a measuring stick to estimate the Slaad's effectiveness.

I really don't know how it would play. There's a whole truckload of features you've got crammed in there. It looks to have a fairly modest AC, but it has fast healing and DR. Offensively, you've got a full BAB, +8 strength and the Predator's Weapon (and later, Growth) boost to natural attacks.

It looks alright overall (though it's hard to evaluate monster classes with epic levels), but I think you fell into the trap of adding too many ability bonuses. IMHO, the ability bonuses should compensate for something the class is lacking (such as a full BAB), and/or make up for drawbacks earlier in the class.

I'd suggest cutting back on the ability bonuses and avoiding the trap of making it too tempting a 1-level-dip. Perhaps move some of the earlier abilities to later. Further, for legibility and to make it less dense, I'd suggest eliminating entries that are pure flavor, or merging them into others (So perhaps merge Green Slaad (1st level) into Slaad (2nd level).

The red dragon entry still needs edited. It currently looks like it gets +52 Strength, +52 Constitution and +39 Charisma. Alternatively, you could edit the other dragon entries to show the total bonuses you'd have at each level instead of just the +1s. I recommend the latter personally.
    Amen. It makes a lot of sense to list the total bonuses and saves time when you're trying to weigh the value of a class.

I'll go edit Hill Giant to note that.
    Last edited by Hyudra; 2010-05-26 at 04:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #447

Quote Originally Posted by Aranii View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Pixie

1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Pixie Body, Pixie Initiate, Cha+2, Dex+2, Str-2
    2|+1|+0|+2|+3|Sprite Skin, Fey Senses, Int+1, Str-1
    3|+1|+1|+3|+3|Pixie Adept, Cha+2, Dex+2
    4|+2|+1|+4|+4|Pixie Finesse, Int+1, Str-1
    5|+2|+1|+4|+4|Irresistible Dance, Pixie Mage, Cha+2, Dex+2
    [/table]

Proficiencies: A pixie is proficient with all simple weapons, and with the short sword, shortbow and longbow.

Features:

Pixie Body: A pixie loses all other racial bonus and gains fey traits (basically low light vision). It is a small sized fey with base speed of 20 feet, and a fly speed of 30 feet (Average). A pixie's fly speed increases to 40 feet (Average) at class level 2, 40 feet (Good) at class level 3, 50 feet (Good) at class level 4, and 60 feet (Perfect) at class level 5.

Pixie Initiate: A pixie becomes adept at casting several spell-like abilities. At level one, a pixie can cast the following SLA's. All SLA save DC's are equal to 10+1/2HD+Cha mod. Additionally, a pixie that multiclasses with a spellcasting class can count her pixie levels as levels of that class for determining CL, spells per day and spells known, if applicable. Also, a pixie who multiclasses into a spellcasting class may use Charisma as her primary spellcasting ability.

Detect Good, Evil, Law, or Chaos 2/day per HD.
    Entangle 1/day per HD.
    Charm Person 1/day per HD. (Upgraded to Charm Monster at 7 HD)
    Sleep 1/day per HD.

A pixie's sleep SLA is unique, in that it does not have a HD cap. Instead, it can affect a number of HD equal to the pixie's HD, plus her Cha modifier. In addition, as a full round action, a pixie may fire one sleep arrow from a bow. This sleep arrow uses up one of her daily uses of the sleep SLA, but if it hits, the save DC is raised by the amount of damage dealt.

Ability Changes: A pixie gains Cha +2 at levels 1, 3 and 5, Int +1 at levels 2 and 4, Dex +2 at levels 1, 3, and 5, and Str -2 at level one, with Str-1 at levels 2 and 4.

Sprite Skin: At second level, a pixie gains DR/cold iron equal to half her HD, and Spell Resistance equal to 11 + HD.

Fey Senses:
    At second level, a pixie gains a bonus to all Listen, Spot, and Search checks equal to half her HD.

Pixie Adept: At fourth level, a pixie is able to cast more spells as SLA's.

Lesser Confusion 1/day per HD. (Upgraded to Confusion at 7 HD)
    Detect Thoughts 1/day per HD.
    Invisibility 1/day per 2 HD. (Upgraded to Greater Invisibility at 7 HD)
    Minor Image 1/day per HD. (Upgraded to Major Image at 5 HD, Persistent Image at 7 HD, and Permanent Image at 9 HD)

Pixie Finesse: At fourth level, a pixie adds her Charisma modifier as a dodge bonus to her AC, gains the feat Weapon Finesse, and gains evasion, as a rogue.

Irresistible Dance: At fifth level, a pixie may cast irresistible dance 1/day per 5 HD.

Pixie Mage: At fifth level, a pixie is able to cast even more SLA's.

Dispel Magic 1/day per 2 HD.
    Suggestion 1/day per HD.
    Hold Person 1/day per HD. (Upgrade to Hold Monster at 9 HD)

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

The pixie was a hard one due to it's horrible weakness in some areas (SLA's and combat), and amazing abilities in other areas (Permanent Greater Invisibility, and Irresistible Dance). I tried to flavor the pixie as more of a spellcaster, with some rogue elements. Several nice SLA's, some defensive abilities, and useful ability score increases will make this class viable, without making it overpowered.
    Also it should get natural invisibility at the last level because thats also a special thing about pixie and what makes them awesome casters.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

you know what? It's technically not RAW, because a Hydra is a magical beast, not an Animal type, but I've got a crazy idea for a hydra lycanthrope. since you've done some lycans already, I may copy/paste put it together myself, but as I said, it's not really RAW to have that combonation.
    hmm...
    I'll see if I can get it done in three days. if not, it becomes a request.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #449

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    Two words: Awesome Blow. If you qualify, it's one of the most fun feats in the game.
    That aside, having reach is a huge boon unto itself.

30. - Top - End - #450

Quote Originally Posted by demidracolich View Post
    Also it should get natural invisibility at the last level because thats also a special thing about pixie and what makes them awesome casters.
    The trouble with permanent invisibility is that it's a gamebreaker. Stick a level 8 pixie/sorcerer in a standard adventuring party and the permanent invisibility is going to make many CR-appropriate encounters an absolute breeze. (Ditto with flying vs. 80% of 1st level encounters, I must say).

You don't want to pigeonhole the DM into including encounters that are specifically geared to counter your invisibility, so you need to balance it out:
    • Make a natural source of invisibility increase in duration/uses until, by the time you're a higher level, it's effectively permanent. For flying, you could do as I suggested with the beholder - you can't fly far above a given horizontal surface, but the height increases in such a way that you're able to fly all you want by level 5-ish.
    • Add a drawback. For invisibility, there could be a natural, flavorful way to replenish it that would account for the permanent invisibility in a regularly encountered pixie (feeding off of tears of frustration, or dewdrops, perhaps).