New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

Gray Jester

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d6
    {table]Level|Bab|Fort|Ref|Will|Feature
    1|+0 | + 0|+ 2| + 2|Gray Jester body, Hideous Laughter, Dark Humor, +1Dex
    2|+ 1| +0 |+ 3| +3 | Last Laugh, +1 Cha, +1 Dex
    3|+ 1| +1 |+ 3| +3 | Devour Joy, +1 Dex, +1 Cha
    4|+ 2| +1 |+ 4| +4 |Joy slaves, +1 Dex, +1 Cha
    [/table]

Skills:6+int modifier per level, quadruple at 1st level. Its class skills are Balance, Bluff, Disguise, Diplomacy , Hide, Listen , Perform (any), Move Silently, Search Sense Motive, Spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device, Profession (any) Use rope

Proefeciencies:
    Simple weapons.

Features:

Gray Jester body: at first level loses all other racial bonus and gains fey traits (basicaly low light vision). The GJ is a medium sized fey with base speed 50 foot.

In adition, the GJ gains a deflection bonus to AC equal to half it's Cha modifier, rounded up (yes, rounded up).

Hideous Laughter:
    If the GJ hits an oponent with a melee weapon or suceeds on a touch attack, it may inflict an hideous laughter on the touched creature. This ability may be used a number of times per day equal to HDxCha mod. The save is 10+1/2HD+Cha modifier. If the creature was sucessfully feinted by the GJ, then the save is 10+HD+Cha modifier instead. Spell resistance applies, use the GJ's full HD+Cha modifier for Caster level both for duration and bypassing SR.

Dark Humor:The GJ is a true artist of humor. Creatures with the same number of HD as the GJ or less don't receive any special bonus against HD for having low int or being of a diferent type than the GJ.

Creatures immune to mind affecting abilities can be affected if the GJ suceeds on a feint check before using his hideous laughter ability (normal feinting rules), but the save is just 10+1/2HD+Cha modifier.

Creatures whitout an int score are still immune. You cannot make laugh an animated piece of rock no matter how good you are.

Last Laugh:The GJ gains DR/cold iron equal to half HD and SR equal to 11+HD.

Devour joy:
    As a standard action, a GJ can absorb the joy out of any laughing creature whitin 30 feets. The maximum number of creatures affected with each use of this ability is equal to the GJ's Cha modifier. Only creatures laughing can be affected (including those under the hideous laughter effect).

The affected creatures must make a will save (10+1/2HD+Cha mod) or take 1d4 points of Cha drain and stop laughing (but geting rid of any Hideous laughter effect on them). Creatures reduced to 0 Cha by this ability aren't disabled, but rather become unable to feel joy or laugh anymore.

The Cha damage increases by an extra 1d4 and the range increases by an extra 30 feets for every 5HD of the GJ. The Gray Jester heals an equal number of HP as the Cha drained, and gains a bonus on her own Cha score equal to the highest Cha drained for 24 Hours. Multiple drainings don't stack.

Creatures normally immune to ability drain still take half damage from this ability.

Joy slaves:Creatures drained to 0 Cha by Devour Joy that have less or equal number of HD as the Gray Jester become complete slaves to her, obeying all her commands. They lose all abilities that rely on alignment, or
    those that require Charisma, but otherwise retain all their capabilities.

The gray jester can control 4 times her own HD in Joy slaves at any time.

Notice that since Joy Slaves cannot use social skills, any people they contact with will quickly notice they're not on their normal state.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

The gray jester is kinda one trick pony clown. Make people laugh, then beat them to death, or suck their delicious charisma.

Notice that this one gets a defense bonus in form of deflection and not Nat armor, since the original Grey Jester doesn't have nat armor but a deflection bonus out of nowhere.

The Capstone is the ability to make weak enemies drained your complete slaves. This is, you're using the ability in enemies right? Not going around enslaving poor inocents?

Two good saves, 6 skill points per level and +4 to Dex and +3 to Cha help rounding up the class.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-23 at 07:10 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

Great thread. You're really on a roll.

I'd like to request a Lillend

Sigurd
    Last edited by sigurd; 2010-03-03 at 12:13 AM.
    Logo by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

You did the grey jester, I love you. Now, I can die in peace.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Speaking of wich, what did you think of that conversion, since you were the requester? It was probably the monster I changed more from the original thing, in order to try to make it playable.
    I actually quite like it, the grapple didn't really make much sense, and I didn't like the idea of a small grapple. I just really like the idea of being a well strange monster, morphing the battlefield.

Hmm, now I want to make a vargouille mage using no somatic components...

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Can I get some Marilith love in here?
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

6. - Top - End - #96
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bodez View Post
    Can I get some Marilith love in here?
    You want the House of Horrors. Second thread to the left, you can't miss it.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by GoC View Post
    Pfft, says you. Just think of what you can do with six hands...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Would it be possible to get a ghost? Or some more caster friendly (I did see the illithid I swear) critters as well, like an aranea? Thanks a ton and these are awesome thus far. ^_^

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

What about half dragon?
    cuniculus tepes leo caesar
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR HIS YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

Sajin Komamura avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Thank you a million Just got a chance to get on and read it. You do an amazing job please keep up the good work!
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    Mine Started that the players were prisoners in a forman hive snapped out of their mind control via help of a paladin and wizard who stumbled upon them

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GoC View Post
    Been there, done that

But I have always wanted to play a Marilith, so why not shamelessly employ someone to make that possible for me .P
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

kudos to you, oslecamo. you're doing a stupendous job; while you're at it, you ought to let the wizards of the coast designers intern for you. they might learn something.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

If you could add doppelganger to your queue I'd be very grateful. Excellent job by the way.

14. - Top - End - #104

I'm totally throwing in another vote for the Erinyes.

Not that these things are voted for, of course, but Erinyes are like Succubi. Except they can be both genders, and most importantly, are LAWFUL evil, making them obviously superior.

Now if you'll excuse me, that Pit Fiend has 'play test' written all over it.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genn Greymane View Post
    I'm totally throwing in another vote for the Erinyes.

Not that these things are voted for, of course, but Erinyes are like Succubi. Except they can be both genders, and most importantly, are LAWFUL evil, making them obviously superior.

Technically, Succubi can be males too, as they can take the form of any humanoid. Chicks can be seduced too. Call the succubus an incubus and there you go.

But I agree, lawful evil is in all ways superior to its chaotic counterpart.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground

These monster classes are brilliant. Keep up the good work. I'd request something but my favourites have already been done
    Last edited by Crafty Cultist; 2010-03-03 at 01:52 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

17. - Top - End - #107

Silver dragon:

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d12
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1 | +1 | +2|+0 |+2 |Silver Dragon body, Arcane blood, Alternate form
    2| +2| +3|+0 |+3 | Keen senses, Blizzard Breath
    3| +3| +3|+1| +3| Blindsense 60 feets , Cloudwalking, Lesser Silver Magic
    4| +4| +4| +1|+4 | Wings.
    5| +5| +4| +1| +4| Paralyzing breath
    6| +6| +5|+2 |+5 | Silver Flier, +1 Str, +1 Con
    7| +7| +5| +2| +5| Trickster, +1 Cha.
    8| +8| +6| +2| +5| Domain
    9| +9| +6|+3| +6| Purify, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    10| +10| +7|+3 |+7 |Tail slap, Growth
    11| +11| +7| +3|+7 | Silver Magic , +1 Cha
    12| +12| +8| +4|+8 | Arcane Skin, Iron Scales, +1 Str
    13| +13| +8| +4| +8|Patience, +1 Con
    14| +14| +9| +4| +9| Silver Feat,+1 Con, +1 Cha
    15| +15| +9| +5| +9| Frightfull presence, Growth, crush.
    16| +16| +10| +5| +10| +1 Str, +1 Con, Quick Learner.
    17| +17| +10| +5|+10 | +1 Con, +1 Str, Cleanse.
    18| +18| +11|+6 |+11 | +1 Cha, Domain
    19 | +19| +11| +6| +11| +1 Str, +1 Con, Greater Silver Magic.
    20| +20| +12| +6| +12| Reverse Gravity, +1 Str, +1 Con, +1 Cha

[/TABLE]
    4 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills: Concentration, climb, Disguise, Jump, spot, listen, apraise, bluff, intimidate, Knowledge(any), spellcraft.

Proefeciencies: a silver dragon isn't proefecient with any armor or weapons, besides his own natural weapons.

Features:

Silver dragon Body:
    The silver dragon loses all other racial bonuses, and gains Dragon traits, cold subtype, bite 1d8 damage, 2 claws attack for 1d6 damage each and 40 base speed, medium size. The silver dragon has wings, but they're too weak to do anything for now. His claws are capable of fine manipulation and can be used for somatic components of spellcasting or anything else a human hand could do.

The Silver dragon also gets a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier. Whenever the silver dragon grows one size category, his natural armor increases by a further 1.

The silver dragon gains resistance to electrecity and acid equal to it's HD, but takes +50% damage from fire attacks.

Arcane Blood:
    A silver dragon receives spells known and spells per day as a bard of same level, but he casts as a sorceror and takes his spells known from the sorceror/wizard or cleric spell list. The choice of wich list he draws spells from must be made at 1st level and then can't be changed.

If it multiclasses as a bard it's spellcasting increases as a bard.
    If it multiclasses as a sorceror it counts as already having sorceror casting depending on it's dragon level, as shown on the following table. (if cleric list was chosen then it keeps learning spells from the cleric list instead of sorceror/wizard list)

{table]Dragon level | Virtual sorceror casting
    1|-
    2|1
    3|2
    4|3
    5|4
    6|5
    7|6
    8|6
    9|7
    10|8
    11|8
    12|9
    13|10
    14|10
    15|11
    16|12
    17|12
    18|13
    19|13
    20|13
    [/table]

So for example a dragon 2 who takes a level of sorceror would count as already having 1 level of sorceror and gains the spell slots and spell knowns that a sorceror gains when leveling from level 1 to 2, but not the spell slots and spell knowns from the 1st level of sorceror. He would get the familiar ability, but dragon levels wouldn't count for it.

A dragon 18 who takes a level of sorceror would count as having 14 levels of sorceror(13+1) and gain the spell slots and spell knowns that a sorceror gains when leveling from level 13 to 14, but not the spell slots and spell knowns that a sorceror gets from level 1 to 13, nor the familiar ability

His Caster level remains equal to his full HD when multiclassing to sorceror.

If a dragon takes a casting prc, it may choose to advance his casting as that of a sorceror. So a dragon 10/loremaster 10 would cast as a 18th level sorceror (he would still receive spell slots and spells knowns from a bard 10 from the first 10 dragon levels and then the spell slots and spell knowns from a sorceror 11-18 for the loremaster levels)

Alternate Form (Su): A silver dragon can assume any animal or humanoid form of Medium size or smaller as a standard action 1/day for each HD it has. The dragon can remain in its animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form.

Keen senses:The silver dragon sees four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

Blizzard Breath:
    Cone 30 foot dealing 1d6 cold damage/HD with DC ref of 10+1/2 HD+Con modifier for half every 1d4 turns. Cone increases by 5 foot with each extra HD the player takes from here.

Blindsense:
    as the normal ability, range 60 feets.

Cloudwalking (Su):
    At 3rd level the silver dragon can tread on clouds or fog as though on solid ground. The ability functions continuously but can be negated or resumed at will.

Lesser silver magic:
    At 3rd level the silver dragon can use fog cloud and feather fall as SLAs 1/day for every 3 HD it has.

Ability score increase:
    The silver dragon ability scores increase by the shown amount.

{table]Level | Bonus gained
    6| +1 Str, +1 Con
    7| +1 Cha.
    9| +1 Str, +1 Cha
    11| +1 Cha
    12| +1 Str
    13| +1 Con
    14| +1 Cha, +1 Con
    16| +1 Str, +1 Con
    17| +1 Con, +1 Str
    18| +1 Cha
    19 | +1 Str, +1 Con
    20| +1 Str, +1 Con, +1 Cha
    [/table]

Wings:
    The silver dragon becomes able to fly at the speed of 10 feets per HD, with poor maneuverability. The maneuverability doesn't increase naturaly, but players can take the Savage Species feat that increases it by two steps(stackable). Each wing can also be now used to deliver a natural atack dealing 1d4 damage.

Paralyzing breath:Gained at 5th level, Cone 45 feets, fort DC 10+1/2HD+Con or be paralyzed 1 round for each 2HD of the silver dragon. Cone increases by 5 feets for every extra HD from here. Once used must wait 1d4 turns before using again

Silver Flier:
    A Silver Dragon can fly all day long whitout geting tired. As long as it gets it's 8 hours of daily rest it takes no penalty for flying for long periods of time.

In adition, as a fullround action the Silver Dragon may fly up to five times it's flight speed.

Trickster: The Silver dragon gains a bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks equal to half it's HD.

Domain: At levels 8 and 18 the silver dragon can add the spells from one domain to his spells known list. The choices are Air, Good, Law, and Sun.

Purify:
    At 9th level the silver dragon gains a +1 bonus on and against dispel checks.

Growth:At 10th level the silver dragon grows to large size.
    At 15th level the silver dragon grows to huge size.

His AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change acordingly, but he doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Tail slap:
    The silver dragon can now make a tail slap attack dealing 1d8 damage(already taking in acount large size).

Silver Magic:
    At 11th level the silver dragon can use Control Winds and Control weather as SLAs 1/day for every 5 HD it has

Arcane skin:At 12th level the silver dragon gains SR equal to his HD+11.

Iron Scales: At 12th level the silver dragon gains DR/magic equal to half his HD.

Patience:
    At 13th level, the silver dragon can ready up a fullround worth of actions instead of just one standard or move action.

Silver Feat:
    At 14th level, the silver dragon gains any feat for wich it meets the pre-requisites, except that the dragon may count himself as a member of any race/species for gaining this feat.

Crush: At 15th level the dragon can make a crush attack dealing 2d8 damage base, already taking in acount huge size
    Spoiler
    Show
    This special attack allows a flying or jumping dragon of at least Huge size to land on opponents as a standard action, using its whole body to crush them. Crush attacks are effective only against opponents three or more size categories smaller than the dragon (though it can attempt normal overrun or grapple attacks against larger opponents).

A crush attack affects as many creatures as can fit under the dragon’s body. Creatures in the affected area must succeed on a Reflex save (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon) or be pinned, automatically taking bludgeoning damage during the next round unless the dragon moves off them. If the dragon chooses to maintain the pin, treat it as a normal grapple attack. Pinned opponents take damage from the crush each round if they don’t escape.

A crush attack deals the indicated damage plus 1½ times the dragon’s Strength bonus (round down).

Frightfull presence:
    At 15th level this ability takes effect automatically whenever the dragon attacks, charges, or flies overhead. Enemies within a radius of 30 feet × half the dragon's level are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than the dragon. A potentially affected enemy that succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + ½ dragon’s HD + dragon’s Cha modifier) remains immune to that dragon’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, enemies with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons.

Quick Learner:The Silver Dragon gains any feat for wich he meets the pre-requisites. Every time he regains spells, he may swap one of his feats for another one, as long as in the end he still meets all pre-requisites.

Cleanse:At 16th level a Silver dragons prefer correction to prevention. They gain a bonus on dispel checks equal to 1/4 their HD.

Greater Silver Magic: At 19th level the Silver Dragon adds any spell from a level he can cast to his list of spells known.

Reverse gravity: At 20th level the silver dragon can now use reverse gravity as a SLA 1/day for every 5 HD it has. Save=10+1/2HD+Cha modifier.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

The first metalic dragon I converted, the silver dragon literaly walks atop the clouds, unleashing justice with his cold breath and paralyzing breath. It eventualy grows up to huge size and shows several tricks to control the battlefield before crushing his oponents. It can also disguise as human from the first level.

Well, the silver dragon doesn't grow as much as the red dragon nor it gets as good stats and skills as the silver dragon, but it gets better SLAs and special dragon abilities, plus the powerfull paralyzing breath.

Since he had two immunities for just one vulnerability, I downgraded said immunities to a couple of resistances.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-09-23 at 01:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108

Buffed up the blue dragon. it was kinda lagging behind the other dragons.

Also I personally do prefer the succubus(who also goes both ways) to the Erineyes, but heh, I reccon it has her lawfull evil appeal and will eventualy do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Genn Greymane View Post
    Any and all reports on how my monster classes turn out in actual campaigns will be greatly apreciated.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

I concur about play-test data, and also want to note that I haven't actually looked over Wing Dragon that carefully over all its levels... but I will really try to get around to it one of these days.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Love the silver dragon. In fact I'm thinking of doing a dragon campaign after my current one using your dragon classes.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Oh, could we have Gnolls please? They never get enough love from WotC.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm almost afraid to admit it, but I want the Erineyes because I have several (read; dozens) of non-evil concepts for them.

What can I say, I hate the nine alignments >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Silver dragon:

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d12
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1 | +1 | +2|+0 |+2 |Silver Dragon body, Arcane blood, Alternate form
    2| +2| +3|+0 |+3 | Keen senses, Blizzard Breath
    3| +3| +3|+1| +3| Blindsense 60 feets , Cloudwalking
    4| +4| +4| +1|+4 | Wings, Lesser Silver Magic 1/day.
    5| +5| +4| +1| +4| Paralyzing breath
    6| +6| +5|+2 |+5 | +1 Str, +1 Con
    7| +7| +5| +2| +5| Lesser Silver magic 2/day, +1 Cha.
    8| +8| +6| +2| +5| +1 Str, +1 Con
    9| +9| | +6|+3 +6| Lesser Silver magic 3/day, +1 Cha
    10| +10| +7|+3 |+7 |Tail slap, Growth
    11| +11| +7| +3|+7 | Silver Magic 1/day, +1 Cha
    12| +12| +8| +4|+8 | Arcane Skin, +1 Str
    13| +13| +8| +4| +8|Iron Scales, +1 Con
    14| +14| +9| +4| +9| Silver Magic 2/day, +1 Cha
    15| +15| +9| +5| +9| Frightfull presence, Growth, crush.
    16| +16| +10| +5| +10| +1 Str, Silver Magic 3/day
    17| +17| +10| +5|+10 | +1 Con, +1 Str Lesser Silver Magic 4/day
    18| +18| +11|+6 |+11 | +1 Cha Silver Magic 4 /day
    19 | +19| +11| +6| +11| +1 Str, +1 Con Lesser Silver Magic 5/day, Silver Magic 5/day
    20| +20| +12| +6| +12| Reverse Gravity, +1 Str, +1 Con, +1 Cha

[/TABLE]
    2 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills: Concentration, climb, jump, spot, listen, apraise, bluff, intimidate, Knowledge(any), spellcraft.

Proefeciencies: a blue dragon isn't proefecient with any armor or weapons, besides his own natural weapons.

Features:

Blue dragon Body:
    The blue dragon loses all other racial bonuses, and gains Dragon traits, cold subtype, bite 1d8 damage, 2 claws attack for 1d6 damage each and 40 base speed, medium size. The silver dragon has wings, but they're too weak to do anything for now. His claws are capable of fine manipulation and can be used for somatic components of spellcasting or anything else a human hand could do.

The Silver dragon also gets a natural armor bonus equal to his Con modifier. Whenever the blue dragon grows one size category, his natural armor increases by a further 1.

The silver dragon gains resistance to electrecity and acid equal to it's HD, but takes +50% damage from fire attacks.

Arcane Blood:
    A silver dragon receives spells known and spells per day as a bard of same level, but he casts as a sorceror and takes his spells known from the sorceror/wizard spell list.

Alternate Form (Su): A silver dragon can assume any animal or humanoid form of Medium size or smaller as a standard action 1/day for each HD it has. The dragon can remain in its animal or humanoid form until it chooses to assume a new one or return to its natural form.

Keen senses:The silver dragon sees four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

Blizzard Breath:
    Cone 30 foot dealing 1d6 cold damage/HD with DC ref of 10+1/2 HD+Con modifier for half every 1d4 turns. Cone increases by 5 foot with each extra HD the player takes from here.

Blindsense:
    as the normal ability, range 60 feets.

Cloudwalking (Su):
    A silver dragon can tread on clouds or fog as though on solid ground. The ability functions continuously but can be negated or resumed at will.

Ability score increase:
    The silver dragon ability scores increase by the shown amount.

{table]Level | Bonus gained
    6| +1 Str, +1 Con
    7| +1 Cha.
    8| +1 Str, +1 Con
    9| +1 Cha
    11| +1 Cha
    12| +1 Str
    13| +1 Con
    14| +1 Cha
    16| +1 Str
    17| +1 Con, +1 Str
    18| +1 Cha
    19 | +1 Str, +1 Con
    20| +1 Str, +1 Con, +1 Cha
    [/table]

Wings:
    The silver dragon becomes able to fly at the speed of 10 feets per HD, with poor maneuverability. The maneuverability doesn't increase naturaly, but players can take the Savage Species feat that increases it by two steps(stackable). Each wing can also be now used to deliver a natural atack dealing 1d4 damage.

Lesser silver magic:
    The silver dragon can use fog cloud and feather fall as SLAs the indicated number of times in the table per day.

Paralyzing breath:
    Cone 45 feets, fort DC 10+1/2HD+Con or be paralyzed 1 round for each 2HD of the silver dragon. Cone increases by 5 feets for every extra HD from here.

Growth:
    At 10th level the silver dragon grows to large size.
    At 15th level the silver dragon grows to huge size.

His AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change acordingly, but he doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Tail slap:
    The blue dragon can now make a tail slap attack dealing 1d8 damage(already taking in acount large size).

Silver Magic:
    The silver dragon can use Control Winds and Control weather as SLAs a number of times per day as indicated in the table.

Arcane skin:
    The blue dragon gains SR equal to his HD+11.

Iron Scales:
    The blue dragon gains DR/magic equal to half his HD.

Crush:
    The dragon can make a crush attack dealing 2d8 damage base, already taking in acount huge size
    Spoiler
    Show
    This special attack allows a flying or jumping dragon of at least Huge size to land on opponents as a standard action, using its whole body to crush them. Crush attacks are effective only against opponents three or more size categories smaller than the dragon (though it can attempt normal overrun or grapple attacks against larger opponents).

A crush attack affects as many creatures as can fit under the dragon’s body. Creatures in the affected area must succeed on a Reflex save (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon) or be pinned, automatically taking bludgeoning damage during the next round unless the dragon moves off them. If the dragon chooses to maintain the pin, treat it as a normal grapple attack. Pinned opponents take damage from the crush each round if they don’t escape.

A crush attack deals the indicated damage plus 1½ times the dragon’s Strength bonus (round down).

frightfull presence:
    The ability takes effect automatically whenever the dragon attacks, charges, or flies overhead. Creatures within a radius of 30 feet × half the dragon's level are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than the dragon. A potentially affected creature that succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + ½ dragon’s HD + dragon’s Cha modifier) remains immune to that dragon’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons.

Reverse gravity:
    the silver dragon can now use reverse gravity as a SLA 1/day for every 5 HD it has. Save=10+1/2HD+Cha modifier.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

The first metalic dragon I converted, the silver dragon literaly walks atop the clouds, unleashing justice with his cold breath and paralyzing breath. It eventualy grows up to huge size and shows several tricks to control the battlefield before crushing his oponents. It can also disguise as human from the first level.

Well, the silver dragon doesn't grow as much as the red dragon nor it gets as good stats and skills as the blue dragon, but it gets better SLAs and special dragon abilities, plus the powerfull paralyzing breath.

Since he had two immunities for just one vulnerability, I downgraded said immunities to a couple of resistances.
    I think I have to use this.

24. - Top - End - #114

I'll ask for the Deathdrinker from MM4. If it happens, it's located in the Demon section.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground

I said I didn't have any requests, but do you do templates? Cause vampire would be good

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Double checking this is OK: I am currently working on my own version of the Wing Dragon class... yours was great (as near as I can tell), but I am going trying to adapt it to a bit more bold of a take. Ability score penalties, and more goodies at low levels, Tiny size to start with, etc etc.

IF that is OK for me to post (which I can't think of any good reason it wouldn't be) do you want it in this thread, or a separate one.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-03-03 at 11:20 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I really like the looks of this. I'll ask my DM about playing a Mind Flayer or a Medusa.

A few things that I think would be interesting to see:

the Salamander
    the Androsphynx
    the Gynosphynx
    the Couatl
    the Leonal
    a Mephit

Those are my thoughts in order of how much the monsters rock.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Do the ability score bonuses stack? While it would make sense for them to stack on say, the Silver dragon since they're rather small, I don't get how they can stack on the Red dragon otherwise the Red dragon gets

+42 strength +42 Constitution and +36 Charisma

while the Silver dragon gets a measly

+7 strength +6 Constitution and +6 Charisma

Can somebody help?

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Can somebody help?
    My bad. The red dragon was my first monster and thus it's template is a little diferent. His bonus are the total you get, you don't add them up, but you add them up with all the other monster. So the red dragon only gets +6 To Str, Con and Cha.

Also, nerfed the Pit Fiend claw damage. It was suposed to be just 1d10 after all, becomes 2d8 when it grows.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-04 at 03:49 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Also, nerfed the Pit Fiend claw damage. It was suposed to be just 1d10 after all, becomes 2d8 when it grows.
    Yeah, I was going to ask you about that. Two greatswords for arms didn't seem to be right to me.

As of right now I'm more worried about Regeneration at level 4, but I'll be running a small one-shot soon, and I'll ask (read: force) my players to try a few of these out. Or just hand them character sheets. Maybe I'll make a Balor and a Pit Fiend team up...