New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    In return, I'm making the dominate and energy drain able to run in Str so we can get vampires who dump charisma.
    I can live with that

That already happens in case you didn't notice. The more con a creature has, the more you can bite it before it dies, and you get blood charges for each bite. So while an elven maiden with 8 con will only last 3-4 bites, that elven paladin with 16 Con will endure for 6-7 bites.
    Yes, but what if you don't want to kill him? You most certainly wouldn't want to kill your party barbarian, and his blood is much more healthy and strong then feeble wizard over there.

I see that you think of vampires as brutal killing machines, which take what they want, but you shouldn't close options to people who want to play more reserved vampires, who doesn't hunt to kill, but because he must feed. Let's take Angel from Buffy as an example, maybe he is a bit of a wuss as a character, but you can't say he isn't mean when someone is calling for it. He can kick ass just as any other vampire, while still being good at heart.

The main point I want to argue is, if you are lacking blood charges you not only gain nothing from your 2 levels, but instead get mayor penalty on everything. That is even worse then Paladin falling, with which you lose acess to class features, you suck at everything.

This Con modifier drain helps vampire stay health without killing 3 people a day
    at level 7.

EDIT: Also, sorry for the PM, I didn't want to derail thread, at least not while we are in such a heated debate
    Last edited by Sila Prirode; 2010-03-11 at 05:47 PM.
    "Don't make me go all Darth Vader on your teddy." - BBEG of the month
    ---
    Awesome avy by Serpentine <3

2. - Top - End - #182
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

Hmmm, didn't know/thought that.

Could dimensional anchor stop dissmiss/banishment?

Oh, and requesting more slaads, with maybe way to evolve?

And once more thanks for fantastic work.
    Peace is a lie; there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

3. - Top - End - #183

Quote Originally Posted by Bodez View Post
    Yes, but what if you don't want to kill him? You most certainly wouldn't want to kill your party barbarian, and his blood is much more healthy and strong then feeble wizard over there.
    Ah, but here's one of the parts where we have a diferent view of vampires. It's not only the strenght of the blood that matters. Vampires are also partialy absorbing your soul when they bite you. That's why sentient creatures give more blood charges. The wizard? His blood has an exotic touch of arcane energy. The cleric? It's quite spiritual. The rogue? Spicy!

I see that you think of vampires as brutal killing machines, which take what they want, but you shouldn't close options to people who want to play more reserved vampires, who doesn't hunt to kill, but because he must feed. Let's take Angel from Buffy as an example, maybe he is a bit of a wuss as a character, but you can't say he isn't mean when someone is calling for it. He can kick ass just as any other vampire, while still being good at heart.
    Or I could make the vampire not need to feed at all. And remove all of it's penalties. And they would glitter in the sun...

Spoiler
    Show

No. Pretty good vampires that hang out with blond girls and hardly drink any blood must be purged from history.

You can still play a good vampire. You'll just have to be a pretty good hunter of wild life or start your own creation of farm animals of your choice.

The main point I want to argue is, if you are lacking blood charges you not only gain nothing from your 2 levels, but instead get mayor penalty on everything. That is even worse then Paladin falling, with which you lose acess to class features, you suck at everything.
    You still retain undead immunities. And well yes, vampires whitout drinking blood should get weaker in my view. Eternal life means eternal hunger.

This Con modifier drain helps vampire stay health without killing 3 people a day
    at level 7.
    Or you can get your own "herd" of humanoids, biting each one only once and then leting them heal the con damage naturaly, mealing in diferent ones each day. Finding some dozen kobolds/goblins shouldn't be too hard. Evil probably, but effecient.

Herd of animals also works, altough it would be more expensive. Now that I think about it, several ancient tribes would drink the blood of their cows and horses whitout killing them as a regular meal. You can totaly play a honorable vampire knight with a dozen horses who "borrows" their strenght every night!

EDIT: Also, sorry for the PM, I didn't want to derail thread, at least not while we are in such a heated debate
    No problem, this thread is also intended to discuss the classes themselves. For those who just want the classes, the index in the 1st post provides links to all of them whitout needing to worry about the discussion.

Trenelus:Dimensional ancohor blocks all dimensional travel, no exceptions. It can indeed be used on a defensive way like that.

Also, thank you all again for the compliments!
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-11 at 06:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Let us not never bring that topic again in this thread, or any other, please, for the sake of civility

You still retain undead immunities. And well yes, vampires whitout drinking blood should get weaker in my view. Eternal life means eternal hunger.
    Hm, while I was writing a response to your post, I did some math, and it turns out, if you bite only your party members, and an occasional animal, you get around 8 charges to spend, with sleeping counted already in. That actually isn't half bad :D

But, let us move to other points of interest. Spellcasting. Have you consider lowering penalty (let's say one charge for two HD), but have him gain only CL/ML? That way the don't pay much, and still get normal spellcasting (if lagging a bit).

Disclaimer: If I didn't quote part of your posts, it is because that are parts I tend to agree with
    ---

5. - Top - End - #185

Hm, while I was writing a response to your post, I did some math, and it turns out, if you bite only your party members, and an occasional animal, you get around 8 charges to spend, with sleeping counted already in. That actually isn't half bad :D
    See? It isn't so hard to satisfy your killing insticts!

But, let us move to other points of interest. Spellcasting. Have you consider lowering penalty (let's say one charge for two HD), but have him gain only CL/ML? That way the don't pay much, and still get normal spellcasting (if lagging a bit).
    I was thinking of a reduced dark magic version if the vampire didn't want to burn his whole reserve. Your idea sounds good. Added it.

Disclaimer: If I didn't quote part of your posts, it is because that are parts I tend to agree with
    Hey, I do that myself a lot, so I understand perfectly.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Congratulations Oslecamo, not only did you manage to make a damn fine job (which my friend is already in love with), but you kept up with my whining through the end

Now, next time you make a monster I like into a class, expect to see me again

Looking forward to contributing to such a good project, and, also, if you some day get an idea to compile this all into a pdf, I'll be the first to volunteer to help.
    ---

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

Or you can get your own "herd" of humanoids, biting each one only once and then leting them heal the con damage naturaly, mealing in diferent ones each day. Finding some dozen kobolds/goblins shouldn't be too hard. Evil probably, but effecient.

Herd of animals also works, altough it would be more expensive. Now that I think about it, several ancient tribes would drink the blood of their cows and horses whitout killing them as a regular meal. You can totaly play a honorable vampire knight with a dozen horses who "borrows" their strenght every night!
    you would need restoration magic for this as drain does not heal naturally

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Malbolge View Post
    Listen to the Crafy one. He speaks the truth, except when he doesn't which may still be the truth hidden behind a veil of crafty craftiness.

Or something.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
    you would need restoration magic for this as drain does not heal naturally
    Then it could be changed to Con damage, and still have the same effect. It will just make it easier for party to heal (Lesser Restoration, instead of Restoration).
    ---

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Let us not never bring that topic again in this thread, or any other, please, for the sake of civility
    It is too late now. My hatred has been roused. Judgment must be passed on the wicked. The Emo must be purged, in the name of the Emperor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

So do these monsters get increased ability modifiers for increasing in size?

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    It is too late now. My hatred has been roused. Judgment must be passed on the wicked. The Emo must be purged, in the name of the Emperor.
    You do realize that for me, a dedicated Slaanesh/Tzeentch heretic, this means war?
    ---

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    So do these monsters get increased ability modifiers for increasing in size?
    As shown on the growth modifiers table in the 1st post, no. Only normal monsters advancing HD get increased ability scores for increasing size, and it's one of the main reasons why advanced monsters end up broken.

Also, thanks Crafty Cultist for pointing out the drain thingy.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

I think Vampire needs a special clause to make it vulnerable to critical hits because as it stands now, a stake to the heart (It would be a Coup de Grace, which is an automatic critical at max damage with a fort save or die) is not much more effective (just max damage, as the critical and save or die is negated) than a stake anywhere else, and that's terrible.
    Last edited by deuxhero; 2010-03-12 at 05:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deuxhero View Post
    I think Vampire needs a special caluse to make it vulnerable to critical hits (because as it stands now, a stake to the heart is no more effective than a steak anywhere else, and that's terrible).
    Do you realize how hard it would be to stab a Vampire with a Steak as compared to a stake?

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by deuxhero View Post
    I think Vampire needs a special clause to make it vulnerable to critical hits because as it stands now, a stake to the heart (It would be a Coup de Grace, which is an automatic critical at max damage with a fort save or die) is not much more effective (just max damage, as the critical and save or die is negated) than a stake anywhere else, and that's terrible.
    Check the vampire vulnerabilities again. Driving a stake trough the vampire's heart will stop it for good. It is not a regular coup de grace.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-12 at 06:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

Check the vampire vulnerabilities again. Driving a stake trough the vampire's heart will stop it for good. It is not a regular coup de grace.
    I think that Kyuubi got it right, driving a steak through vampire heart should kill him too (if much harder to acomplish ).
    Also, do you plan to change Con drain to damage? So it could heal naturally?
    So, you could have a vampire that lives off the human village, instead of just slaughtering them?
    ---

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

You do realize that for me, a dedicated Slaanesh/Tzeentch heretic, this means war?
    It is too late now. My hatred has been roused. Judgment must be passed on the wicked. The Emo must be purged, in the name of the Emperor Lord Arioch.

There? See? I'm willing to compromise. I like to keep an open mind.

Now lets kill em' all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    It is too late now. My hatred has been roused. Judgment must be passed on the wicked. The Emo must be purged, in the name of the Emperor Lord Arioch.

There? See? I'm willing to compromise. I like to keep an open mind.

Now lets kill em' all.
    We may join forces, enemy has a strong army of followers, but as my grandma used to say: "Everything burns."

Also, a picture of the enemy, so everyone would know his wicked face. Notice how he clutches that young female in his grasp, just by looking at her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ---

19. - Top - End - #199

GET YOUR TWILIGHT OUT OF MY MONSTER THREAD!

That aside, Apropos PMd me a cleaned up version of the vampire class.Go check it out it's pretty neat, just like the official book ones. Also for now the bite remaind drain damage untill further notice. Altough since it's homebrew material I can't really stop you from changing it for your own campaigns.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

GET YOUR TWILIGHT OUT OF MY MONSTER THREAD!
    Ok, ok, calm down

Also, I seem incapable of finding that vampire, link please?
    ---

21. - Top - End - #201
    Firbolg in the Playground

I usually go by actual mythology for my custom monsters.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

22. - Top - End - #202

I...I...

Thank you so very, very much. I love the Phasm and Nixie so much.

I may try to do something with the Xill (I recently started playing FFXII again and playing as Gilgamesh in D&D would be awesome), if you don't mind of course. I'll get the bare bones up now.

Spoiler
    Show

Xill
    Hit Die:d8
    Skills:4+Int modifier, (4+Int modifier)*4 at first level. The Xill's class skills are: Balance(Dex), Climb(Str), Diplomacy(Cha), Escape Artist(Dex), Intimidate(Cha), Listen(Wis), Move Silently(Dex), Sense Motive(Wis), Spot(Wis), Tumble(Dex), Use Rope(Dex).

{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Xill Body

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Multiattack, +1 Dex

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Improved Grab

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Paralysis, +1 Str

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Implant, +1 Dex

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Planewalk, +1 Con[/table]

Xill Body
    Upon entering this class, a creature loses all of its racial abilities. It gains the Outsider type and its traits (Darkvision 60ft (Ex), proficiency with Simple and Martial Weapons, Light Armour and Shields (except Tower Shields)). Its size changes to Medium. A Xill has four arms with hands suitable for weilding weapons or for the somatic components of spells. It has four claw attacks which deal 1d4 damage plus the Xill's Strength modifier. It also has a bite attack, which deals no damage but can eventually deliver a paralysing venom. Finally, it gains a Natural Armour bonus to its Armour Class equal to half it's Con modifier or +2, whichever is higher.

Multiattack
    A Xill gains Multiattack as a bonus feat. If they already have this feat, they may select one feat of their choice. In addition a Xill gains Multiweapon Fighting any time it would normally gain the Two-Weapon Fighting feat.

Improved Grab (Ex)
    To use this ability, a xill must hit with one or more claw attacks. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. It receives a +2 bonus on the grapple check for each claw that hits. If it wins the grapple check and maintains the hold in the next round, it automatically bites the foe at that time.

Paralysis (Ex)
    Those bitten by a xill must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or be paralyzed for 1d4 hours.

Implant (Ex)
    As a standard action, a xill can lay eggs inside a paralyzed creature. The young emerge about 90 days later, literally devouring the host from inside, acting like a Destruction spell (DC 10+1/2HD+Con modifier). A remove disease spell rids a victim of the egg, as does a Heal check (DC 10+2*HD+Con modifier). If the check fails, the healer can try again, but each attempt (successful or not) deals 1d4 points of damage to the patient.

Planewalk (Su)
    These planar travelers like to slip between the folds of space to attack enemies as though from thin air. They can cross from the Ethereal Plane with a move action but take 2 rounds to cross back, during which time they are immobile. As a xill fades away, it becomes harder to hit: Opponents have a 20% miss chance in the first round and a 50% miss chance in the second. A xill can planewalk with a willing or helpless creature.

Or, you know I could just do the whole thing. Hope it's good enough!

Class Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I did this whilst sleep deprived and with the passing fancy to play as something Gilgamesh-esque so don't expect the height of reason. Some stat boosts and all it's abilities are in there, with a small perk if you go into Ranger or something similar. Altered the DCs for some abilities, hopefully they've turned out about right. I left Planewalk for last because of it's obvious uses in stealth and escape, but kept it in the class because casters were doing the same three levels ago to a lesser extent. It felt good to make and should provide a decent chassis for a build using three or more weapons, so I feel I've done well.

I have to give some credit to Oslecamo, creator of this wonderous thread. Partially for the inspiration to do some work for once and partially for the chance to play as a Phasm (I love that monster so much, even if its natural form is an ick-thing).

Edit: Added some stuff I'd forgotten, corrected spelling lapses, etc.
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2010-03-14 at 07:39 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Barbarian in the Playground

what is the name of the feat that increases manuverability because I cant find it

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by demidracolich View Post
    what is the name of the feat that increases manuverability because I cant find it
    Improved Flight, From Complete Adventurer.

Edit: A successful ninja-ing. Though he had a link.
    Last edited by Mythestopheles; 2010-03-14 at 09:41 PM.

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by demidracolich View Post
    Improved Flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

26. - Top - End - #206
    Colossus in the Playground

My first instinct was:
    "Great work, and nice job solving Level Adjustment. Unfortunately this still doesn't enable me to play a Mind Flayer Warrior or a Minotaur Wizard, with the races acting as classes here."

Then I noticed though that you did include some seeds in the classes towards just this goal. To that end, I must applaud you; these are first of all, very fun and playable, and second, level-up nicely and synergise with actual classes. This doesn't solve the issue of having a different number of class levels for special races and special races starting as "infants"; with incomplete abilities, but ultimately all that seems quite necessary for balance.

So...yeah, for that challenge? Consider it fulfilled; I'd definitely allow my players to pick these races for their monstrous class if they desired to play anything with level adjustment. To hell with that system. I only wish WoTC put as much effort into making all this workable as you did. Rewriting the classes to fit into given number of CRs seems like just the thing to do.

Thumbs up, overall. Good job man, keep it up! I especially like the monsters that also act as "fixed versions" of the original like Ogre Mage. By the way, I'd love to see Ghaele Eladrin some point soon.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

27. - Top - End - #207

Lillend

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1 | +0 |+0 | +2|+2 |Lillend body, Muse.
    2| +1| +0 |+3|+3 |Artistic Soul
    3| +2|+1| +3| +3|Constrict, Improved grab, +1 Str
    4| +3| +1|+4| +4 | Understanding , +1 Cha
    5| +3| +1|+4| +4| Trickster, +1 Str
    6| +4| +2|+5|+5 |Wings, +1 Cha
    7| +5| +2|+5| +5| Growth, +1 Str
    [/table]
    Skills:6+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills are Appraise, Concentration , Climb, Diplomacy , Knowledge (arcana) ,
    Listen , Perform (any ) , Sense Motive , Spellcraft ,
    Spot , Survival, swim

Proefeciencies: proficient with all simple weapons, plus the longsword, rapier, sap, short sword, shortbow, and whip

Features:

Lillend body: At 1st level the lillend loses all other racial bonus and gains outsider traits(basically darkvision 60 foot). It is a medium sized outsider with base speed 20 with a snake tail instead of legs and a natural tail slap attack dealing 1d6+1/2 str damage. When full attacking, the lillend can use her tail slap as a secondary attack with -5 penalty whitout taking penalty on it's other attacks.

In adition, she gains a bonus to natural armor equal to her Cha modifier.

Muse:the lillend gains a bonus on saves against poison equal to her HD and fire resistance equal to half her HD. In adition, she gains a racial bonus on survival checks equal to half her HD.

The lillend also gains the chaotic and good subtypes and her natural weapons and wielded weapons count as chaotic and good for purposes of bypassing DR.

Artistic soul:A lillend casts spells and can use bardic music as a bard of the same level-1. Only lillend levels count for this ability, but they stack with any other class or prc that gives bard spellcasting and/or bardic music.

Ability increase: the lillend gains +1 Cha at levels 4 and 6 and +1 Str at levels 3, 5, 7

Constrict (Ex):
    A lillend deals 1d10+str points of damage with a successful grapple check. Constricting uses the entire lower portion of its body, so it cannot take any move actions when constricting, though it can still attack with its sword.

Improved Grab (Ex):To use this ability, a lillend must hit with its tail slap attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.

Understanding:The lillend can now use speak with animals and speak with plants as SLAs 1/day for each 4HD it has.

Trickster:
    The lillend can now use knock and illusionary terrain as SLAs 1/day for each 2 HD it has. Saves are 10+1/2HD+Cha modifier.

Wings:
    The lillend grows feathery wings of bright colors wich allow her to fly at a speed of 10 foot per HD, average maneuverability.

Growth: the lillend grows one size category.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a plane? It's a bird? No, it's a freaking bard with wings and snake tail!

The MM lillend casts and sings as a bard one level behind, and can't pick any of the races that boost bard abilities. In return, it gets flying, one size increase, some minor SLAs, +2 to Cha and +3 STR and a constrict attack.

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2010-03-20 at 07:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Xill
    Hit Die:d8
    Skills:4+Int modifier, (4+Int modifier)*4 at first level. The Xill's class skills are: Balance(Dex), Climb(Str), Diplomacy(Cha), Escape Artist(Dex), Intimidate(Cha), Listen(Wis), Move Silently(Dex), Sense Motive(Wis), Spot(Wis), Tumble(Dex), Use Rope(Dex).

{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Xill Body

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Multiattack, +1 Dex

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Improved Grab

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Paralysis, +1 Str

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Implant, +1 Dex

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Planewalk, +1 Con[/table]

Xill Body
    Upon entering this class, a creature loses all of its racial abilities. It gains the Outsider type and its traits (Darkvision 60ft (Ex), proficiency with Simple and Martial Weapons, Light Armour and Shields (except Tower Shields)). Its size changes to Medium. A Xill has four arms with hands suitable for weilding weapons or for the somatic components of spells. It has four claw attacks which deal 1d4 damage plus the Xill's Strength modifier. It also has a bite attack, which deals no damage but can eventually deliver a paralysing venom. Finally, it gains a Natural Armour bonus to its Armour Class equal to half it's Con modifier or +2, whichever is higher.

Multiattack
    A Xill gains Multiattack as a bonus feat. If they already have this feat, they may select one feat of their choice. In addition a Xill gains Multiweapon Fighting any time it would normally gain the Two-Weapon Fighting feat.

Improved Grab (Ex)
    To use this ability, a xill must hit with one or more claw attacks. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. It receives a +2 bonus on the grapple check for each claw that hits. If it wins the grapple check and maintains the hold in the next round, it automatically bites the foe at that time.

Paralysis (Ex)
    Those bitten by a xill must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2HD+Con modifier) or be paralyzed for 1d4 hours.

Implant (Ex)
    As a standard action, a xill can lay eggs inside a paralyzed creature. The young emerge about 90 days later, literally devouring the host from inside, acting like a Destruction spell (DC 10+1/2HD+Con modifier). A remove disease spell rids a victim of the egg, as does a Heal check (DC 10+2*HD+Con modifier). If the check fails, the healer can try again, but each attempt (successful or not) deals 1d4 points of damage to the patient.

Planewalk (Su)
    These planar travelers like to slip between the folds of space to attack enemies as though from thin air. They can cross from the Ethereal Plane with a move action but take 2 rounds to cross back, during which time they are immobile. As a xill fades away, it becomes harder to hit: Opponents have a 20% miss chance in the first round and a 50% miss chance in the second. A xill can planewalk with a willing or helpless creature.

Or, you know I could just do the whole thing. Hope it's good enough!

Class Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I did this whilst sleep deprived and with the passing fancy to play as something Gilgamesh-esque so don't expect the height of reason. Some stat boosts and all it's abilities are in there, with a small perk if you go into Ranger or something similar. Altered the DCs for some abilities, hopefully they've turned out about right. I left Planewalk for last because of it's obvious uses in stealth and escape, but kept it in the class because casters were doing the same three levels ago to a lesser extent. It felt good to make and should provide a decent chassis for a build using three or more weapons, so I feel I've done well.

I have to give some credit to Oslecamo, creator of this wonderous thread. Partially for the inspiration to do some work for once and partially for the chance to play as a Phasm (I love that monster so much, even if its natural form is an ick-thing).

Edit: Added some stuff I'd forgotten, corrected spelling lapses, etc.
    Very nice work there, you seem to have caught up my method quite well. Added it to the index. It's great to see slaves working for me people doing more monsters inspired by mine. I don't really have any hope of doing every other monster out there by myself, but like Eldariel pointed out, I seek to plant some seeds.

Eldariel:
    very glad that you didn't only like it but noticed my goals. The monster classes aren't full level, but their abilities keep scaling and combine with normal classes, so you can keep growing your character whitout problems. "Infant" monsters are a necessity since some abilities just shouldn't be allowed at lower levels.

On the paragon template:
    It was requested on page 3, but I'm kinda stuck on this one. The base template offers +15CR (meaning it'll be 15 levels long) and all it adds are numbers, some more numbers on top, a couple SLAs and an handfull of defensive abilities.

Thus, it needs some serious reworking to do. As it stands it's basically useless for spellcasters (despite it showing a mind flayer on the picture) and even noncasters don't gain much from it.

I'll thus be redoing the whole thing from scratch. My basic idea for now is that the class will offer a variety of abilities (SR, DR, resistances, size increase, ability increases, spellcasting, SLAs, BAB, saves, skill, ect) from wich you pick a limited number, with stronger abilities being unlocked as you level up. It'll take some time and extra inspiration to put it all togheter properly however, so I'll be posting more regular monsters while I work on the paragon template prc.

29. - Top - End - #209

Lillend

Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1 | +0 |+0 | +0|+2 |Lillend body, Artistic soul
    2| +1| +0 |+0|+3 | Muse , +1 Cha
    3| +2|+1| +1| +3|Constrict, Improved grab, +1 Str
    4| +3| +1|+1| +4 | Understanding ,+1 Str, +1 Cha
    5| +3| +1|+1| +4| Trickster, +1 Str, +1 Cha
    6| +4| +2|+2|+5 |Wings, +1 Cha
    7| +5| +2|+2| +5| Growth, +1 Cha, +1 Str
    [/table]
    Skills:6+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills are Appraise, Concentration , Climb, Diplomacy , Knowledge (arcana) ,
    Listen , Perform (any ) , Sense Motive , Spellcraft ,
    Spot , Survival, swim

Proefeciencies: proficient with all simple weapons, plus the longsword, rapier, sap, short sword, shortbow, and whip

Features:

Lillend body: At 1st level the lillend loses all other racial bonus and gains outsider traits(basically darkvision 60 foot). It is a medium sized outsider with base speed 20 with a snake tail instead of legs and a natural tail slap attack dealing 1d6+1/2 str damage. When full attacking, the lillend can use her tail slap as a secondary attack with -5 penalty whitout taking penalty on it's other attacks.

In adition, she gains a bonus to natural armor equal to her Cha modifier, rounded up.

Artistic soul:A lillend casts spells and can use bardic music as a bard of the same level. Only lillend levels count for this ability, but they stack with any other class or prc that gives bard spellcasting and/or bardic music.

Muse:the lillend gains poison resistance equal to her HD and fire resistance equal to half her HD. In adition, she gains a racial bonus on survival checks equal to half her HD.

Ability increase:
    The lillend gains

Constrict (Ex):
    A lillend deals 2d6+5 points of damage with a successful grapple check. Constricting uses the entire lower portion of its body, so it cannot take any move actions when constricting, though it can still attack with its sword.

Improved Grab (Ex):To use this ability, a lillend must hit with its tail slap attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.

Ability increase: the lillend gains +1 Cha at levels 1, 5, 6, 7 and +1 Str at levels 1, 4, 6, 7

Understanding:The lillend can now use speak with animals and speak with plants as SLAs 1/day for each 4HD it has.

Trickster:
    The lillend can now use knock and illusionary terrain as SLAs 1/day for each 2 HD it has. Saves are 10+1/2HD+Cha modifier.

Wings:
    The lillend grows feathery wings of bright colors wich allow her to fly at a speed of 10 foot per HD, average maneuverability.

Growth: the lillend grows one size category.

Comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a plane? It's a bird? No, it's a freaking bard with wings and snake tail!

The MM lillend casts and sings as a 6th level bard actualy, but that isn't very hot actualy, so I bumped it up a little.

In return, the lillend loses the good reflex save and can't pick up a base race, wich really helps bards. It's probably a little stronger than a vanilla bard since it gets the cha and str bonus on top of flying and growth, but well, bard is on the underpowered side so, like my dragon, it's ok.

Bards are not normally considered underpowered. They are commonly thought of as very balanced. You may wish to adjust the class slightly there. Also the first Ability Increase is missing most of the entry, is it even supposed to be there? There is no such thing as "Poison Resistance", BTW. A resistance bonus against poison effects, maybe?

Any response to the Xill?

30. - Top - End - #210

Bards are not normally considered underpowered. They are commonly thought of as very balanced. You may wish to adjust the class slightly there. Also the first Ability Increase is missing most of the entry, is it even supposed to be there? There is no such thing as "Poison Resistance", BTW. A resistance bonus against poison effects, maybe?
    Sorry, really don't know what hapened to me there. The lillend now casts and sings as a bard-1 and reduced/fixed the ability increases.

Any response to the Xill?
    See the post above yours.