New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: NarutoITP Episode 7: Beach Fun! No Sharks Allowed!

Hoshiko

To deny that it felt good to feel the impact, her head-band covered forehead slamming against Ryoma's and as the first jab drew out the wheeze would have taking monumental acting skills that Hoshiko neither possessed in the first place nor could she actually use at the moment. Her blood was boiling and even the voices behind her didn't distract Hoshiko's attention.

Hoshiko's hands went through awkward looking hand seals, considering she was both holding Daisuijiken and her hand had been smashed, but there was nothing more then a hiss as she finished. One foot placed itself on a rock, leg coiling before pressing off of it like a starter-rock for a foot-race, increasing her speed by the tiniest bit as Daisuijiken was swiped at Ryoma once more, but this time it passed short deliberately.

"Suiton: Suishōha!" Hoshiko called out just before the tip passed before Ryoma's body, heralding the sudden rush of freshwater from the blade in a torrential spray that seemed to just never end. But then again, it wasn't just the water pulled from the technique...but all the water from within Daisuijiken's seals as well as Hoshiko tried to flood the battlefield for a moment and, more importantly, wash Ryoma out toward the ocean and her advantage.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

The water splashes against the elder's torso, bashing him towards the sea. When he realizes he can't resist the raging torrent, he somersaults backwards, rolling over the waves like they were a solid surface. When he stands up, his hands are flashing through seals, his blade hanging from the chain curled around his arm. Hoshiko will feel like someone's right behind her, about to attack... Ryoma hopes to use her confusion to get back to melee range.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro curses again and leaps into the air, landing on top of the water and starting to run across it.

A few hastened steps land him in front of Hoshiko, Kusanagi flashing up to hold back Daisuijiken.

"Hoshiko! Stop this! Now!"

His mouth had a firm set to it. He didn't quite look angry, so much as he did perturbed. Which for Shiro, is saying something.

"I don't care which of you started this, but I'm finishing it! Stand! DOWN!"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Motah leaps into the air and lands ontop of the water. In his mind, he was now concentrating on the battle. The situation had gotten alot more dangerous than he assumed.

What is Hoshiko problem?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo

Momo clenches her teeth, and nimbly splashes up the wave, though not without getting soaked (though it is beachwear, so she pays no mind).

But did she really want to draw her sword on Hoshiko? Shiro had ordered it, but no...Ryoma was moving as well too to get back into the fight. Shiro was going to be stuck between them if the older swordsman didn't back off. Killing instinct... Rage... The emotions were overflowing from the pair already.
    Momo made a choice, and dashed into the fray, but even as she skid on the water, she let her blade lick the surface, and with a shout, she focused her chakra into the blade and swung upwards, sending a spray of mist about, blocking the views of Shiro, Hoshiko, and Ryoma from their targets. A split second only perhaps- for mist would not stop ninja who wore that name. But in that time she had made her bunshin, and Shiro would find there were two Momos with him back to back- one facing Ryoma and one facing Hoshiko.

Perhaps most surprisingly of all, Momo didn't say anything through the serious expression she wore.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoma halts at the sight of Momo's duplicate. He's in half-crouching position, holding his sword low, ready to spring into attack or counter-attack any moment. Even though it's impossible to say where he's looking, both Shiro and Momo will feel as if he's giving them a murderous glare.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Hoshiko

Hoshiko's eyes widen in angry shock as Kusanagi blocks her blade and Shiro reveals himself standing atop the deepening water barring her path. Even Momo was getting in her way, prompting a brief flash of hurt betrayal in her eyes at their interference before it faded.

Wait! Something...!!!

Just as abruptly, Hoshiko spun and sliced at empty air, or rather something only she could see, before it hit her it was fake. But it did distract her long enough to give her an idea. That idea being she turned and dove at Momo's feet...except instead of being stopped by the clone's presence, the Swordswoman dove into the water underneath of the clone's feet and her undulating motion was carrying her quickly under the feet of Shiro and the other clone as well before Daisuijiken sliced up out of the water like a shark-fin, aimed right at one of Ryoma's legs.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Alarmed, Ryoma slashes at the water,deflecting Hoshiko's strike. He takes several quick leaps to the side, turning so that his back is towards the mainland and only a few steps would be enough to put Shiro and Momo back between them again. This way, each block and parry is likelier to take him towards solid ground, where Hoshiko doesn't have the upper hand.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro curses and sidesteps a bit as Hoshiko passes underneath.

He was somewhat relieved at the relatively defensive posture Ryoma had taken. He'd hate to fight two battles at once.

When the man had stopped moving, Shiro stepped towards Hoshiko's position/direction somewhat. When he spoke, his voice was barely above a whisper.

"Momo. Move closer to the old man. Step in with me and Hoshiko if it looks like you have to, but I've got to try to get her slowed down, so I can try to calm her."

'I'm sorry about this, Hoshiko. But we can't be fighting each other, not here, not ever. And I promise it won't hurt too much.'

Kusanagi was brought up and back, almost as if Shiro was going to swing it like a bat.

Wind gathered around the blade, making a strange keening sound in the air. There was an intense look of concentration on Shiro's face, as if he was waiting for....something.

Then he moved like his namesake.

"Kamaitachi no Jutsu!"

A large blast of wind sprayed water in the air out to sea. There was a concave depression in the water. Unless Hoshiko focused solely on dodging it, she would at least be partly out of the water, with a few small cuts over her self.

Anyone familiar with Shiro at all knows that that was a weak blast, meant to scatter water and give pause to Hoshiko.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Hoshiko

Out of all the people in the world, Shiro was one of the few who should have known beyond a shadow of a doubt that the word 'dodging' was not in Hoshiko's vocabulary. Then again, lots of words weren't, but she didn't know dodging in the sense she didn't apply it herself...usually. This time was not one of those rare outlier events and the Kamaitachi no Jutsu took her full on.

The water concaves around her, briefly, and the attack leaves several small cuts on her and the wave-patterned bikini but did remarkably little to drain the furious hate in her eyes at the moment. And it was to that end that she launched Daisuijiken at Ryoma like a petulant child but with much more terrible strength behind it as accusing eyes turned on Shiro.

"You..! YOU! Why are you helping him?! It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not FAIR!" The last word was followed by the young woman launching herself at Shiro with a mad look in her eyes, her good hand raised up to strike at him in an over-hand punch...but it was a feint, her 'bad' hand coming up at the same time for a harsh blow in the 'goods' area. That part didn't seem like it was on purpose though.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro

At this point, Shiro had shoved his confusion over this fight into a corner. He was running on barely restrained fighting instinct.

He saw Hoshiko bring her arm back for a throw...The others would have to deal with it.

He fell for the feint; his left forearm (the arm not holding his sword currently) moved up to block it.

His eyes widened fractionally as he saw the other punch come in.

He twisted his lower body, vainly trying to completely avoid the punch. Instead, it was more of a "glancing" blow. Painful, but manageable.

He shoved Hoshiko back a couple of feet, and moved himself back.

"Damn it Hoshiko! I'm helping both of you! Stopping both of you! This isn't the place to fight! I don't even know what's going on, damn it! Please, Hoshiko! Stand down, so we can talk. I...I don't want to fight you, woman. I don't want to hurt you."

Genuine emotion creeps into his voice.

Indeed, every move Shiro has made so far has been to block or disable. Not to kill.

"Now, maybe the Old Man deserves a sword to the skull. Maybe not. But I'll be damned if it happens here. Where we might get caught, because we were stupid! So stand! DOWN!"
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-04-07 at 01:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoma only barely manages dodging Daisuijiken, the thrown blade taking a part of his overcoat with it as it flies past his shoulder. However, before it falls to the water behind him, the elder is already in motion, running behind Hoshiko and striking towards her head with the flat of his blade, hopefully knocking the girl unconscious.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo

At last, Momo had her opportunity to move, and she pressed off of the water like a gust of wind- or was it the clone? Ryoma's blade was neatly intercepted by Momo's as she slammed into a punishingly jarring sword lock with the swordsman, pushing the two of them away from Hoshiko. The clone- or maybe Momo-'s eyes were narrow and glittered warningly.

At the same time, the other Momo gripped her sword with both hands and held it at her side- ready, but nonthreatening.
    So long as Hoshiko had to face Shiro and not Ryoma, perhaps they might just get her to calm down.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Motah sat there watching the fight with his arms crossed. He was amused and entertained as if he was watching a professional fight ring and had placed bets on it. He "Oooo"ed and "Aaaaa"ed at all the righ places with the other swordsman fighting each other.

Then from behind, someone approached him. Once the figure stepped out form the shade, it was revealed to be another clone of Motah, yet this one was slightly irritated for some reason.

It spoke out the the original Motah in an equally annoyed voice.
    "How come I have to go get the candy and you get to watch?"

Because I need to stay here in case things get out of hand.

"Bull Manure! You just wanted to watch the fight first hand!"

Well, 'Duh!' Of course! Who would want to miss an event like this? Most of the swordsman fighting amoungst themselves?
    His clone gave him a leering grimace.
    Now, now. What's done has been done. Now give the candy here.

The clone sighed heavily and handed him a huge basket of sweets and candy.
    "Are you sure this is going to work? Hoshiko seems pretty upset."

Well, it's the best thing I could do in this situation. Plus, I doubt I want Hoshiko mad at me in her current state.

"Well, alright."

Motah dismissed the clone and it disappeared in a cloud of smoke with a loud "Poof" sound. Motah then hurried up to the nearest tree still standing so he could be seen the best by the fighting swordsman. Once he sets himself ontop of the highest and most sturdiest branch he could find, he leaned out and called over to them.

Hey! Snack time! Why don't you guys come take a break and have some delicious sugary sweet candy!

He was hoping in his mind that this would work in atleast distracting Hoshiko long enough for the others to subdue her.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Hoshiko

The Swordswoman looked like she was close to tears, again, but these weren't hot and angry ones but those of one who just didn't want to take it anymore as she stabs an accusing finger at Shiro.

"LIAR! If you were helping me out too then you'd be holding down Ryoma so I could kick his corpse all the way back to Kirigakure!" She hollers, panting not from exertion but from just how...angry she was at it all. How DARE Shiro take Ryoma's side over hers! He was supposed to be her friend! Shiro might also note that Hoshiko dropped the respectful sempai that she usually used when talking about or to Ryoma.

"This is..this is...GAHHH!" Hoshiko begins to stamp her feet wildly, the image of this being a tantrum only being reinforced more and more before she abruptly stopped. Instead she turned and began to stamp her way farther up the beach, slamming her good hand against more rocks as she went as her teeth ground against one another. It was only once she was a good fifty feet up the beach that she turned to screech back at the small gather of Swordsmen.

"Shiro and Ryoma! Your such..such...BUTTHEADS!" She hollered before finding herself some shade and squatting down on the sand, staring out moodily at the ocean.

Hoshiko had even ignored sweets!

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro sighed as she stomped away.

"Momo. Keep an eye on the old man. I'll go talk to her."

He twirled the Kusanagi and sheathed it, the blade shrinking back to a dagger as he did so.

He started to walk toward Hoshiko, then diverted to Motah.

Out of nowhere, he punched the other Swordsman in the side of the head, then moved on.

"Next time, you had better actually ****ing help."

The harsh words sounded oddly harsher in his strange monotone.

Shiro slowed his pace so it took him over a minute to reach Hoshiko.

Once there, he crouched in front of her.

"Hoshiko. Look at me. You said that I should help you kill the old man. Because I'm your friend. Why? I came over here, you were just swinging swords at each other. You didn't tell me why, Hoshiko. I didn't want to hurt you. But...I couldn't stand by and let that fight continue. Both because this isn't the place for such a fight, and because I don't want to just let my fellow Swordsmen brawl without telling me why when I ask."

He waited a moment, then continued, his voice lowered in volume, and oddly...soft.

"What's wrong, Hoshiko. Why did you try to kill Ryoma? What has you so worked up?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoma keeps his blade locked with Momo's untill Hoshiko is done foaming and goes sulking into the shadows. He steps back, the tension visibly leaving his old body. "Momo? Could you...please fetch Daisuijiken for her?", the old man rasps. He takes several steps back before sheathing his sword, letting out a long, hissing sigh.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

As Hoshiko sulks off ignoring the sweets, Motah was watching her totally amazed. Of course, being distracted by this, the blow from Shiro caught him completely off guard and he nearly fell.

Motah then picked himself up, rubbing the spot where Shiro had punched him. He looked up at the swordsman's retreating back sourly. Once he was sure Shiro couldn't hear him, he muttered under his breath.
    Ya. Like I would get involved with something like that. I'm not stupid you know, and Hoshiko was way out of control.

He collected himself up and hurried over to Momo and Ryoma.
    Here Momo, take this when you're giving Hoshiko Daisuijiken. Maybe when she caoms down you two can enjoy it then.
    It was the basket of sweets.

When Momo leaves, Motah will address Ryoma.
    Wow, old man! What did you DO to set Hoshiko off like that?!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo

Eerily and entirely surprisingly, Momo's narrowed eyed expression remains as she keeps her blade pointed at Ryoma until he had sheathed his sword entirely.
    something very subtle changes in her stance, as she raises her sword to point at him, the serious, deadly look of an expert swordsman-bloodstained hands and glittering eyes- and then spoke. Softly, evenly, but with the hint of murder in a deadly warning.

"I don't know what you did, but I will find out. And I promise that I will slay you without hesitation if you ever do anything like it again."

With a flick of her sword, Momo sheaths her blade and turns- the expression on her face to Motah as he approached that should be read as fuming and turmoil. She took the basket without a word and walked off to get Hoshiko's sword, before making her way towards Hoshiko and Shiro.

"If only we could have had sharks instead." She muttered to herself in sarcasm, clearly in a very bad mood.
    The other Momo disappeared with a 'poof!'

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoma gives Motah a freezing glance. "Family business. Not yours, rascal. If you really want to know, ask her."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Motah looks over where Hoshiko was off in the distance.
    Ya, right. Like I'll try that any time soon.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoma walks past Motah to the rock, and picks up the tattered scroll from the wet sand. He carefully rolls it open - it's downtrodden and drenched, but still legible. For a while he just stands staring at the scroll, frozen like a statue. Motah gets the feeling he should just go on his way.

============

Ryoma stood tall before two headstones, heavy rain beating his shoulders and thick mist surrounding him, like it always seemed to do in this place. He had come to hate the Kiri graveyard, for it reminded him all too well from the passing of time. He had last come here when his second wife had died, and the memory was still fresh in his mind. But there was a proper time and place for everything, and for now it was this.

"Your daughter is growing up to be a fine woman, you know", the old man muttered to the headstones, "it's too bad you aren't here to see it. She's getting along real well with the others - especially that Kensai kid. I think there might be something going on between them."

"I hope you don't hate me too much, where ever you are. I know I can never make it up for you, but I... promise to take good care of Hoshiko. She'll have a good time as one of us."

The old man tried to think of something to add, but the words evaded him. Sighing deeply, he turned his gaze skywards. Here he was, talking to dead people - he could almost see his younger self laughing at him. He was feeling slightly more at ease, but he knew it wouldn't be over untill he'd tell it all to Hoshiko herself. She was just so... young. Childish. Maybe, in a few years time... but not now. Not now.

============

Suddenly, the old man crumples the scroll in his fist and strides towards Momo, intercepting her halfway to Hoshiko. "Listen... Hoshiko is justified in her hatred, but I'd rather not have you hating me over this", the old man says and holds the scroll towards Momo. "Please, give this to her. It was as much her father's as it is mine. Just don't... let her destroy it."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Motah is walking down the beech in a swagger. He keeps shrugging and talking to himself, attracting the occational stare from an onlooker here and there.

It's always "My" fault somehow. 'Motah, do this.' 'Motah, don't do that'. What am I? Their private banking punching bag? They always keep coming to me for money. It's not hard to get! Why are they always...

He continues on down the beach like this for quite a while.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Momo
    Momo's unamused expression as Ryoma caught up to her was clearly written on her face.
    "If Hoshiko is justfied in her hatred, what makes you think that I wouldn't be just as angry about it?" She said sharply. She took the scroll angrily and, hefting Hoshiko's heavy blade onto her shoulder, started to go off again, but stopped and looked at Ryoma again.
    "You know, some of us wanted to maybe not live in the past all the time. At the very least, not provoking someone who is supposed to be an ally into assaulting you - that would be a nice thought of teamwork." She said, before trotting off again, finally reaching Shiro and Hoshiko at last.
    With a motion with her sword carrying arm, she thrust Hoshiko's blade into the sand, set the scroll down on top of it gently, and squatted next to Hoshiko.
    "Nee, Hoshiko-neechan. Is there anything I can do?"

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Hoshiko

Crouching in front of Hoshiko quickly went from 'good for making eye contact' to 'why did I do that?!' as Hoshiko's foot snapped up right at Shiro's groin as the woman fumed.

"Baka! Baka! BAKA! Why would I want to talk to you right now? Go away Baka-chan." Hoshiko grumbles aloud as Momo takes a seat beside her, the other leaning over against the smaller girl and not just to grab hold of Daisuijiken either.

"Hey Momo-tan." Hoshiko says softly, though she didn't keep speaking either...just glared at Shiro.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro's eyes widened comically as the foot connected.

"OW."

Slowly, he toppled onto his side, clutching the important parts of life, and drawing in slow, pained breaths. He's only somewhat aware of the girls.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Hoshiko

Crouching in front of Hoshiko quickly went from 'good for making eye contact' to 'why did I do that?!' as Hoshiko's foot snapped up right at Shiro's groin as the woman fumed.

"Baka! Baka! BAKA! Why would I want to talk to you right now? Go away Baka-chan." Hoshiko grumbles aloud as Momo takes a seat beside her, the other leaning over against the smaller girl and not just to grab hold of Daisuijiken either.

"Hey Momo-tan." Hoshiko says softly, though she didn't keep speaking either...just glared at Shiro.

Momo

Momo looked at Shiro and did not say a word. She wanted to laugh, and cry, and punch him too, but that was all not something she could do right now.
    She leaned against Hoshiko too and reached her arms up to pull the taller ninja into an embrace.

"It'll be okay." She said softly. Though she didn't know what had happened exactly, she was here for Hoshiko, and she knew that Hoshiko knew it as well.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Hoshiko

Hoshiko's 'vengeance' on Shiro for butting in didn't seem to end there, the angry shinobi woman was on her feet in a moment and lifting Shiro off the ground with a kick that'd send him flying down towards the water. For a moment she stood there, huffing and puffing, but then she seemed to calm some and plopped back down beside Momo. She offers no resistance to the hug, just giving a sniffle and shaking her head.

"Nah uh Momo-tan! Do you know what Ryoma told me?" she says bitterly, "He told me that he caused the death of my Papa! How am I supposed to work on the same team as him after that? And why'd he do it?! My Papa did his best to keep from making enemies!"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Shiro, by the time of the second kick, had recovered somewhat. He went limp when Hoshiko kicked him.

Then, in midair, he briefly activated Fuuton: Ha Wo Kaze ni Nabikase, but only long enough to slow his flight and land upright on the water, where he stood for a moment, frowning.

'I feel the sudden urge to commit violence. I should take care of that.'

With that thought, he strode along the waves, and then the beach.

Without a pause in his stride, he routed himself next to Motah, who he again punched in the back of the head. This time, hard enough to send him facefirst into the sand. He spoke no words as he tromped by, ending up in front of Ryoma.

His eyes would, on anyone else, look mildly irritated. Ryoma would know he was actually rather perturbed.

An accusatory finger stabbed at the old man's chest, before another pointed towards Hoshiko and Momo.

"Tell me why the hell we just had a fight to the death break out on our vacation, Old Man. We can't afford this kind of crap. Far as I'm concerned, this posh setup here is temporary. I don't think the Swordsmen can afford to be divided like this when we're in the middle of what might turn into hostile country anytime now. And I'd rather you didn't tell me to go talk to Hoshiko. Being kicked in the nads once by her is more than enough."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoma isn't amused by Shiro's demeanor. However, seeing as the boy is like a much needed brother for Hoshiko... maybe he'd deserve an explanation. Sighing, he pushes Shiro's hand aside with a slow wave. "I understand your concerns, son. Believe me, it wasn't my intention to strike a wedge between us. Mind if I tell more when we walk? I need to buy new sunglasses." He beckons towards the more crowded portions and turns to leave, waiting to see if Shiro will follow.