New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Disciple of Glasya (DnD 3.5, PEACH)

Hello all. Now, I'm a great fan of the Disciple of ___ classes, but I noticed that there wasn't one for Bel, Belial/Fierna, Levistus, or the Hag Countess/Glasya. So I decided to either modify other PrCs and rebuild, or to create from whole cloth. This is one of the former. The Initiate of Pistis Sophia PrC, with a few things changed to create an evil monk PrC. Why monk for Glasya? Well I like the idea of an order of monks not about meditating and seeking enlightenment in the wilderness, but being for all intent and purposes a very cosmopolitan order. Basically, nobles join the order to learn to fight, and then get hooked into the worship of Glasya. These disciples are the cultists who do the hooking.

Disciple of Glasya

Requirements
    To qualify to become a disciple of Glasya, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
    Alignment: Lawful evil.
    Base Save Bonuses: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +5.
    Skills: Diplomacy 9 ranks, Sense Motive 9 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks
    Feats: Brand of the Nine Hells (Glasya), Vile Ki Strike, Willing Deformity
    Class Features: Evasion
    Special: Must undergo ritual scarring with acid, and sacrifice a rival by submerging them in acid

Disciple of Glasya
    hit dice: d8
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |Acid resistance 5, apostate, dark lady's lure 3/day, monk abilities

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |Disguise self, mark of Malbolge, sneak attack +1d6

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |Uncanny dodge

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |Acid resistance 10, deformity, sneak attack +2d6

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    | Dark Lady's Voice 3/day

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    | Improved uncanny dodge, sneak attack +3d6

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    | Acid resistance 15, deformity

8th|
    +8
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |Sneak attack +4d6

9th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |Improved evasion

10th|
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |Acid resistance 20, fiendish transformation, Dark Lady's Will 3/day, deformity, sneak attack +5d6[/table]

Class Skills
    The disciple of Glasya's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

Skill Points
    4 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armour Proficiency: Disciples of Glasya gain no proficiency with any weapon or armour. They suffer the same penalties for wearing armour that monks do.

Acid Resistance (Ex): As he advances in his fiendish studies, a disciple of Glasya grows to share the natural resistance to acid possessed by the baatezu. He gains acid resistance 5 at 1st level, acid resistance 10 at 4th level, acid resistance 15 at 7th, and acid resistance 20 at 10th level.

Apostate: A 1st-level disciple of Glasya gains half of his class level as a bonus on saves against divine spells.

Dark Lady's Lure: Three times per day a disciple of Glasya can make a diplomacy check towards a humanoid who has line of sight and effect to the disciple, and can both hear and understand him. The target must suceed on Will save (DC=disciple's diplomacy check) or be become entralled as the spell entrall for as long as the disciple keeps speaking (maximum 1 hour).

Monk Abilities: A Disciple of Glasya’s class levels stack with his monk levels for the purpose of determining his unarmed damage, bonuses to Armor Class, the penalty taken when using flurry of blows, extra attacks from flurry of blows, ki strike and unarmored speed. His class levels do not apply to other monk abilities such as slow fall, and so on.

Disguise Self (Sp): At will, a disciple of Glasya of 2nd level or higher can use disguise self, as the spell. The DC is Charisma based.

Mark of Malbolge: At 2nd level, fleshy tumours crop up on a disciple of Glasya's body. The number of tumours is equal to the disciple's constitution modifier +3 (minimum 3). Each round as a swift action, a disciple of Glasya can expend one of these tumours to gain one of the following abilities:
    -+10 bonus to base land speed for 1 round
    -Heal 2d6+1 per HD damage
    -Increase reach by 5 feet for 1 round
    -Spray a stream of noxious filth at an ajacent target, forcing that creature to suceed on a Fortitude save (DC 10+half the disciple's character level+ Con mod) or become sickened for 1 round
    Spent tumors regrow in 10 rounds.
    Sneak Attack: If a 2nd level disciple of Glasya can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.

The disciple of Glasya’s attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the disciple of Glasya flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 2nd level, and it increases by 1d6 every two levels. Should the disciple of Glasya score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied.

Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.

With a sap (blackjack) or an unarmed strike, a disciple of Glasya can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. She cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack, not even with the usual -4 penalty.

A disciple of Glasya can sneak attack only living creatures with discernible anatomies—undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures lack vital areas to attack. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to sneak attacks. The disciple of Glasya must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A disciple of Glasya cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment or striking the limbs of a creature whose vitals are beyond reach.

If a disciple of Glasya gets a sneak attack bonus from another source the bonuses on damage stack.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): At 3rd level, a disciple of Glasya can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She retains her Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if she is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, she still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.

If a disciple of Glasya already has uncanny dodge from a different class she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.

Deformity: At 4th level, and again at 7th and 10th level, a disciple of Glasya gains a bonus feat selected from the following list:

Deformity (clawed hands), Deformity (eyes), Deformity (face), Deformity (gaunt), Deformity (madness), Deformity (obese), Deformity (parasite), Deformity (skin), Deformity (tall), Deformity (teeth), Deformity (tongue),

Dark Lady's Voice: Three times per day at 5th level a disciple of Glasya can make a diplomacy check towards a humanoid who has line of sight and effect to the disciple, and can both hear and understand him. The target must suceed on Will save (DC=disciple's diplomacy check) or be subject to a suggestion as the spell suggestion for a number of hours equal to the disciple's class level.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): A disciple of Glasya of 6th level or higher can no longer be flanked.

This defense denies another disciple of Glasya the ability to sneak attack the character by flanking her, unless the attacker has at least four more disciple of Glasya levels than the target does.

If a character already has uncanny dodge from a second class, the character automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead, and the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum disciple of Glasya level required to flank the character.

Improved Evasion (Ex): This ability works like evasion, except that while the rogue still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks henceforth she takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless rogue does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Fiendish Trasformation (Ex): When he reaches 10th level, a disciple of Glasya transcends his mortal origins and becomes a creature of the hells. His type changes to outsider (evil, lawful, native), and he gains damage reduction 10/good.

Dark Lady's Will: Three times per day at 10th level a disciple of Glasya can make a diplomacy check towards a humanoid who has line of sight and effect to the disciple, and can both hear and understand him. The target must suceed on Will save (DC=disciple's diplomacy check) or be subject to a command as the spell greater command for a number of hours equal to the disciple's class level.

Please let me know what you think, I'm hoping to create the others soon!
    Last edited by Sir_Chivalry; 2010-04-17 at 08:55 PM.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Disciple of Glasya (DnD 3.5, PEACH)

If the class has Improved Evasion, it needs Evasion as a requirement to enter the class.

It requires 9 ranks in Diplomacy, but does not have any abilities that are in some way related to that Skill.

There seems to be something wrong with the table at 4th and 5th level, it shows exactly the same special abilities.

Three good saves is very rare, and if the class is meant for melee combat, full BAB is really needed. I'd make Will a low save (as the class is purely physical and has no mentalabilities) and put in full BAB instead.

Also, I think it looks very monk specific, and I think most of the Disciple and Thrall PrCs are meant to be flexible enough to be interesting for a variety of builds. Maybe you could add something that would make it interesting for Rogues, Fighter, and Rangers as well?

And I think it would also greatly improve the class to put in some new abilities you create yourself. After 2nd level, all the abilities are either feats or Rogue class features.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I am assuming he took the BAB and Saves from monk and left it at that... also, Acid Resistance is neither a (Non-Epic) feat, nor a Rogue class feature.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    If the class has Improved Evasion, it needs Evasion as a requirement to enter the class.

It requires 9 ranks in Diplomacy, but does not have any abilities that are in some way related to that Skill.

There seems to be something wrong with the table at 4th and 5th level, it shows exactly the same special abilities.

Three good saves is very rare, and if the class is meant for melee combat, full BAB is really needed. I'd make Will a low save (as the class is purely physical and has no mentalabilities) and put in full BAB instead.

Also, I think it looks very monk specific, and I think most of the Disciple and Thrall PrCs are meant to be flexible enough to be interesting for a variety of builds. Maybe you could add something that would make it interesting for Rogues, Fighter, and Rangers as well?

And I think it would also greatly improve the class to put in some new abilities you create yourself. After 2nd level, all the abilities are either feats or Rogue class features.
    Sorry, the class I modified, Initiate of Pistis Sophia, is a monk class monks can't take until 10th level (if they have VoP) because of Sancify Ki Strike being a requirement. Vile Ki Strike, besides its requirement of Cha 15, doesn't limit this PrC such, so I've added Evasion.

The original require 9 ranks in Concentration, but I assumed the DoG (disciple of Glasya) would want a more social skill. Should I change it to some other monk class skill? I see Perform, Knowledge (arcana/religion), and Sense Motive as top candidates, especially Sense Motive.

Table fixed, uncanny dodge at 3rd level.

Again, this is taken from the Initiate of Pistis Sophia with regards to the class features, saves and BAB. I basically started by modifying the bare minimum, and I'm now going to shape it properly. Would a monk character take the class if I dropped Will to a poor save and upped BAB? That seems like a good change, because fluff wise these warriors aren't living ascetic lives.

As for making it more general, the idea was to be an evil Initiate of Pistis Sophia, but I'm all for moding it if we can figure something out.

The PrC Initiate of Pistis Sophia gains Sacred Vows, which I've changed to Deformity feats, electricity resistance (acid in this PrC), and turns into an outsider at 10th level. If I took away the energy resistance (maybe) and the fiendish transformation, what should I put in its stead?

As a side note, the disguise self spell replaces the detect evil spell from Initiate of Pistis Sophia. I thought that would be a good spell to hide the growing deformities
    Last edited by Sir_Chivalry; 2010-02-23 at 10:41 AM.
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Acid Resistance is flavorful... like pepper-spray (no, seriously, I suggest keeping it).
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Acid Resistance is flavorful... like pepper-spray (no, seriously, I suggest keeping it).
    I also like, and the more I look at these guys, the more I think they gain their acid resistance the way the narrator in Fight Club got his scar on his hand.

*kiss on hand*
    "What's that?"
    "This? This is chemical burn."
    "AAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

But that's just me being a nutty fanboy
    Last edited by Sir_Chivalry; 2010-02-23 at 10:49 AM.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Chivalry View Post
    Hello all. Now, I'm a great fan of the Disciple of ___ classes, but I noticed that there wasn't one for Bel, Belial/Fierna, Levistus, or the Hag Countess/Glasya. So I decided to either modify other PrCs and rebuild, or to create from whole cloth. This is one of the former. The Initiate of Pistis Sophia PrC, with a few things changed to create an evil monk PrC. Why monk for Glasya? Well I like the idea of an order of monks not about meditating and seeking enlightenment in the wilderness, but being for all intent and purposes a very cosmopolitan order. Basically, nobles join the order to learn to fight, and then get hooked into the worship of Glasya. These disciples are the cultists who do the hooking.

Disciple of Glasya

Requirements
    To qualify to become a disciple of Glasya, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.
    Skills: Diplomacy 9 ranks
    Feats: Disciple of Darkness, Vile Ki Strike, Willing Deformity

Disciple of Glasya
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Apostate, monk abilities

2nd|
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Disguise self, sneak attack +1d6

3rd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Uncanny dodge

4th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |Acid resistance 5, deformity

5th|
    +3
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    | Sneak attack +2d6

6th|
    +4
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    | Improved uncanny dodge

7th|
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    | Acid resistance 10, deformity

8th|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |Sneak attack +3d6

9th|
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |Improved evasion

10th|
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |
    +7
    |Fiendish transformation, deformity[/table]

Class Skills
    The monk’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

Skill Points at 1st Level
    (4 + Int modifier) ×4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
    4 + Int modifier.

Weapon and Armour Proficiency: Disciples of Glasya gain no proficiency with any weapon or armour. They suffer the same penalties for wearing armour that monks do.

Apostate: A 1st-level disciple of Glasya gains half of his character level as a bonus on saves against divine spells, as the Apostate feat from Elder Evils.

Monk Abilities: A Disciple of Glasya’s class levels stack with his monk levels for the purpose of determining his unarmed damage, bonuses to Armor Class, the penalty taken when using flurry of blows, ki strike and unarmored speed. His class levels do not apply to other monk abilities such as slow fall, and so on.

Disguise Self (Sp): At will, a disciple of Glasya of 2nd level or higher can use disguise self, as the spell. The DC is Charisma based.

Sneak Attack: If a 2nd level disciple of Glasya can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.

The disciple of Glasya’s attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the disciple of Glasya flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and it increases to 2d6 at 5th level and 3d6 at 8th level. Should the disciple of Glasya score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied.

Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.

With a sap (blackjack) or an unarmed strike, a disciple of Glasya can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. She cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack, not even with the usual -4 penalty.

A disciple of Glasya can sneak attack only living creatures with discernible anatomies—undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures lack vital areas to attack. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to sneak attacks. The disciple of Glasya must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A disciple of Glasya cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment or striking the limbs of a creature whose vitals are beyond reach.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Starting at 3rd level, a disciple of Glasya can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She retains her Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if she is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, she still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.

If a disciple of Glasya already has uncanny dodge from a different class she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.

Acid Resistance (Ex): As he advances in his fiendish studies, a disciple of Glasya grows to share the natural resistance to acid possessed by the baatezu. He gains acid resistance 5 at 4th level, and acid resistance 10 at 7th level.

Deformity: At 4th level, and again at 7th and 10th level, a disciple of Glasya gains a bonus feat selected from the following list:

Deformity (clawed hands), Deformity (eyes), Deformity (face), Deformity (gaunt), Deformity (madness), Deformity (obese), Deformity (parasite), Deformity (skin), Deformity (tall), Deformity (teeth), Deformity (tongue),

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): A disciple of Glasya of 6th level or higher can no longer be flanked.

This defense denies another disciple of Glasya the ability to sneak attack the character by flanking her, unless the attacker has at least four more disciple of Glasya levels than the target does.

If a character already has uncanny dodge from a second class, the character automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead, and the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum disciple of Glasya level required to flank the character.

Improved Evasion (Ex): This ability works like evasion, except that while the rogue still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks henceforth she takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless rogue does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Fiendish Trasformation (Ex): When he reaches 10th level, a disciple of Glasya transcends his mortal origins and becomes a creature of the hells. His type changes to outsider (native), and she gains damage reduction 10/good.

Please let me know what you think, I'm hoping to create the others soon!
    This class is pretty good. I don't think you really need unique abilities, the flavor is already there. However, I do have some suggestions:
    1. On Prereqs: Diplomacy is fine if that's the flavor you want, though I would have it require 9 Ranks Diplomacy, 9 Ranks Sense Motive, and 4 Ranks Intimidate, both for flavor and to make the requirements hurt a little more. On the other hand I don't get why you have Willing Deformity as a requirement with bonus Deformity feats later. I don't see the flavor, isn't this essentially a combat pragmatist that follows Glasya? Where is the flavor for those feats? I'd say require Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike) and Stunning Fist (in addition to Disciple of Darkness and Vile Ki Strike), since this seems to be a more combat oriented class then the ascetic based class you based it on.
    2. I agree with the above suggestion to give full BAB with poor Will. It's not a bad trade off at all, you already have +5 Will when you enter the class. It will make the PRC more attractive.
    3. From the Apostate ability, remove the "as the Apostate feat from Elder Evils". You already need Book of Vile Darkness to use this homebrew, why require a rather more rare book like Elder Evils? Just describe the ability. Also that sounds somewhat powerful (although situational as hell), how about you limit it to half your class level? IIRC in Elder Evils didn't you have to be a mad nihilist trying to summon an abomination to destroy the world to take that feat? Half class level is a better idea for someone who is perfectly sane and follows an Archdevil as opposed to a reality destroying Elder Evil.
    4. You need to specify whether the Monk Abilities grants additional strikes with Flurry of Blows. Right now it just says that it affects the penalty, if you meant it to also affect how many strikes you get with your flurry you should reword it (mind you it should improve your flurry).
    5. I'm not sure it's necessary, but you might want to specify that sneak attack damage stacks with sneak attacks from other sources.
    6. If you go with my suggestion to drop the deformity thing then give the class fighter bonus feats and have levels in this class count as fighter levels for purposes of what feats you can select, stacking with actual fighter levels.
    7. Is there a reason the character doesn't get the Lawful and Evil subtypes at 10th level?
    8. Since you require Diplomacy to enter the class and grant Disguise Self how about adding some more diplomancer spell-like abilities? Maybe Charm Person 3/day at 5th level and Dominate Person 3/day at 10th level? Make the save DC equal to a Diplomacy check for extra flavor.
    If you follow my advice the PRC will be a bit more powerful and more attractive to take, which is just as well since Monks are underpowered.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    This class is pretty good. I don't think you really need unique abilities, the flavor is already there. However, I do have some suggestions:
    1. On Prereqs: Diplomacy is fine if that's the flavor you want, though I would have it require 9 Ranks Diplomacy, 9 Ranks Sense Motive, and 4 Ranks Intimidate, both for flavor and to make the requirements hurt a little more. On the other hand I don't get why you have Willing Deformity as a requirement with bonus Deformity feats later. I don't see the flavor, isn't this essentially a combat pragmatist that follows Glasya? Where is the flavor for those feats? I'd say require Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike) and Stunning Fist (in addition to Disciple of Darkness and Vile Ki Strike), since this seems to be a more combat oriented class then the ascetic based class you based it on.
    2. I agree with the above suggestion to give full BAB with poor Will. It's not a bad trade off at all, you already have +5 Will when you enter the class. It will make the PRC more attractive.
    3. From the Apostate ability, remove the "as the Apostate feat from Elder Evils". You already need Book of Vile Darkness to use this homebrew, why require a rather more rare book like Elder Evils? Just describe the ability. Also that sounds somewhat powerful (although situational as hell), how about you limit it to half your class level? IIRC in Elder Evils didn't you have to be a mad nihilist trying to summon an abomination to destroy the world to take that feat? Half class level is a better idea for someone who is perfectly sane and follows an Archdevil as opposed to a reality destroying Elder Evil.
    4. You need to specify whether the Monk Abilities grants additional strikes with Flurry of Blows. Right now it just says that it affects the penalty, if you meant it to also affect how many strikes you get with your flurry you should reword it (mind you it should improve your flurry).
    5. I'm not sure it's necessary, but you might want to specify that sneak attack damage stacks with sneak attacks from other sources.
    6. If you go with my suggestion to drop the deformity thing then give the class fighter bonus feats and have levels in this class count as fighter levels for purposes of what feats you can select, stacking with actual fighter levels.
    7. Is there a reason the character doesn't get the Lawful and Evil subtypes at 10th level?
    8. Since you require Diplomacy to enter the class and grant Disguise Self how about adding some more diplomancer spell-like abilities? Maybe Charm Person 3/day at 5th level and Dominate Person 3/day at 10th level? Make the save DC equal to a Diplomacy check for extra flavor.
    If you follow my advice the PRC will be a bit more powerful and more attractive to take, which is just as well since Monks are underpowered.
    1. I have the Willing Deformity feat as a pre-req mainly for two reasons, one it is the mirror of the Sacred Vow feat, in that it is a pre-req feat for a group of other feats that bonus feats for this class (Initiate of Pistis Sophia had Sacred Vow as pre-req and gave Vows as bonus feats). I figured since Glasya sort of lives in a mutated husk of a body, her followers might modify themselves in a sort of "my lady lives in me" thing.

2. It is done, and I prefer it.

3. see #2

4. It boosts number of attacks now. I don't think Initiate of Pistis Sophia did, but who really cares?

5. Doesn't it just automatically stack?

6. Going to keep Deformities for now.

7. See #2

8. See #2

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

1. I have the Willing Deformity feat as a pre-req mainly for two reasons, one it is the mirror of the Sacred Vow feat, in that it is a pre-req feat for a group of other feats that bonus feats for this class (Initiate of Pistis Sophia had Sacred Vow as pre-req and gave Vows as bonus feats). I figured since Glasya sort of lives in a mutated husk of a body, her followers might modify themselves in a sort of "my lady lives in me" thing.

2. It is done, and I prefer it.

3. see #2

4. It boosts number of attacks now. I don't think Initiate of Pistis Sophia did, but who really cares?

5. Doesn't it just automatically stack?

6. Going to keep Deformities for now.

7. See #2

8. See #2
    1 and 6. Uh, are you talking about the same Archdevil I am, cause she's supposed to be supernaturally beautiful. Wikipedia here and here's a pic. So yeah, you can keep deformities if you want, but the class would be more powerful with fighter feats.
    5. Technically yes, but most PRCs state it explicitly to avoid confusion. See the Assassin PRC here.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

1 and 6. Uh, are you talking about the same Archdevil I am, cause she's supposed to be supernaturally beautiful. Wikipedia here and here's a pic. So yeah, you can keep deformities if you want, but the class would be more powerful with fighter feats.
    5. Technically yes, but most PRCs state it explicitly to avoid confusion. See the Assassin PRC here.
    I am. Not all the Disciple Class immediatly represent their lord specifically. The Mark of Malboroge (sp?) in Fiendish Codex II is about causing tumours to erupt on your body to gain certain effects. That would be Glasya's layer. There is very little to go on with Glasya, so I thought it would be interesting to have a bunch of deformed monks who don't LOOK deformed, hence the disguise self at will spell.

I'll add the note on the Sneak Attack

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

I am. Not all the Disciple Class immediatly represent their lord specifically. The Mark of Malboroge (sp?) in Fiendish Codex II is about causing tumours to erupt on your body to gain certain effects. That would be Glasya's layer. There is very little to go on with Glasya, so I thought it would be interesting to have a bunch of deformed monks who don't LOOK deformed, hence the disguise self at will spell.

I'll add the note on the Sneak Attack
    Okay then. I guess everything looks good.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay then. I guess everything looks good.
    No to jinx it, but you're sure the deformities are okay? I'm not just going nuts here? It's the reason I picked Disguise Self instead of the more alignment based detect good.
    Last edited by Sir_Chivalry; 2010-02-23 at 03:39 PM.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

No to jinx it, but you're sure the deformities are okay? I'm not just going nuts here? It's the reason I picked Disguise Self instead of the more alignment based detect good.
    I'm not fond of the deformities myself, but you seemed to like them. One thing to note is that every single deformity feat sucks. With fighter feats it is a decently strong PRC.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Random idea with no idea of balance:
    Eh... so give a FEW fighter feats too and have half of class levels add to effective fighter level (and give one of the fighter feats at level 8 or above so in whatever case they can get Weapon Specialization)?
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-02-23 at 03:53 PM.
    Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Random idea with no idea of balance:
    Eh... so give a FEW fighter feats too and have half of class levels add to effective fighter level (and give one of the fighter feats at level 8 or above so in whatever case they can get Weapon Specialization)?
    I was thinking fighter feats in place of the deformity feats. There would be one at ten so even if you only added half level towards taking fighter feats it would get you weapon specialization. Thing is though warblade gets you level -4 and lets you re-pick them whenever you want and this is almost certainly not as strong as straight warblade so why not full level?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

I was thinking fighter feats in place of the deformity feats. There would be one at ten so even if you only added half level towards taking fighter feats it would get you weapon specialization. Thing is though warblade gets you level -4 and lets you re-pick them whenever you want and this is almost certainly not as strong as straight warblade so why not full level?
    I was saying IN ADDITION to the deformity feats... deformity for high flavor, fighter-esque for balance and a bit of flavor.
    Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

I was saying IN ADDITION to the deformity feats... deformity for high flavor, fighter-esque for balance and a bit of flavor.
    I see. How many fighter feats were you thinking? Hell, four wouldn't be so bad the deformity feats are so awful, but 2 or 3 would give the class a nice boost.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground

Requirements
    Skills: Diplomacy 9 ranks, Sense Motive 9 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks
    Feats: Disciple of Darkness, Vile Ki Strike, Willing Deformity
    I understand all of this except Willing Deformity. The mistress herself is described as particularly beautiful. The Hag Countess was ugly as all get out, but Glasya only lived in her skull...I suppose it makes a little sense in that way.
    Apostate: A 1st-level disciple of Glasya gains half of his class level as a bonus on saves against divine spells.
    Decent enough. It's flavorful.

Sneak Attack:The disciple of Glasya’s attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the disciple of Glasya flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and it increases to 2d6 at 5th level and 3d6 at 8th level. Should the disciple of Glasya score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied.
    Damage is a little low, but since this is based off the monk and not the rogue, that should be okay.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Starting at 3rd level, a disciple of Glasya can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She retains her Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if she is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, she still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.

You could get rid of the "Starting at 3rd..." part to just say "At 3rd..."

Acid Resistance (Ex): As he advances in his fiendish studies, a disciple of Glasya grows to share the natural resistance to acid possessed by the baatezu. He gains acid resistance 5 at 4th level, and acid resistance 10 at 7th level.
    Flavorful, but a little weak. I'd go with acid resistance 5 at 1st, 10 at 4th, 15 at 7th, and 20 at 10th.

It should be a period at the end.

Same as above, under prerequisites. I question this feature, but it makes some sense at least.

Delete this under improved uncanny dodge.

Dark Lady's Will: Three times per day at 10th level a disciple of Glasya can make a diplomacy check towards a humanoid who has line of sight and effect to the disciple, and can both hear and understand him. The target must suceed on Will save (DC=disciple's diplomacy check) or be dominated as the spell dominate person for a number of hours equal to the disciple's class level.
    Yum. I like this. Three times per day domination plus three times per day charm is yummy.

Actually, overall, it might be a bit weak. Perhaps raise the acid resistance some, then raise sneak attack a bit (1d6/2 levels starting at 2nd = 5d6)?

Quite flavorful though.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei221 View Post
    I understand all of this except Willing Deformity. The mistress herself is described as particularly beautiful. The Hag Countess was ugly as all get out, but Glasya only lived in her skull...I suppose it makes a little sense in that way.

Decent enough. It's flavorful.

Damage is a little low, but since this is based off the monk and not the rogue, that should be okay.

You could get rid of the "Starting at 3rd..." part to just say "At 3rd..."

Flavorful, but a little weak. I'd go with acid resistance 5 at 1st, 10 at 4th, 15 at 7th, and 20 at 10th.

It should be a period at the end.

Same as above, under prerequisites. I question this feature, but it makes some sense at least.

Delete this under improved uncanny dodge.

Yum. I like this. Three times per day domination plus three times per day charm is yummy.

Actually, overall, it might be a bit weak. Perhaps raise the acid resistance some, then raise sneak attack a bit (1d6/2 levels starting at 2nd = 5d6)?

Quite flavorful though.
    I just want to point out that the reason the op has uncanny dodge and improved uncanny dodge worded that way is because that's how WotC had it. Also I agree with raising the acid resistance, and if you aren't going to allow fighter feats instead of deformity feats then raise the sneak attack too. Actually you might as well raise the sneak attack as well, monks need help.
    Last edited by Drolyt; 2010-02-23 at 05:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Firbolg in the Playground

I just want to point out that the reason the op has uncanny dodge and improved uncanny dodge worded that way is because that's how WotC had it. Also I agree with raising the acid resistance, and if you aren't going to allow fighter feats instead of deformity feats then raise the sneak attack too. Actually you might as well raise the sneak attack as well, monks need help.
    We are not to trust Wizards of the Coast or any other kind of wizard...

Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei221 View Post
    We are not to trust Wizards of the Coast or any other kind of wizard...

But V is awesome. "As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

But V is awesome. "As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Raised the acid resistance and sneak attack.

Good ideas all.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

This does the corruption of Malaborgne really well but the Dark Lady's Voice stuff seems tacked on compared to the rest.

the freaky bits do seem like the sort of things that are in her power to grant, and she's sick enough to grant them, but the other classes had more of an angle of "becoming" the power donor, which this is presently lacking, given how she is basically unchanged by the fact that she now lives in a gigantic bloated corpse...

Not sure what to suggest. This was always going to be the tricky one.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    This does the corruption of Malaborgne really well but the Dark Lady's Voice stuff seems tacked on compared to the rest.

the freaky bits do seem like the sort of things that are in her power to grant, and she's sick enough to grant them, but the other classes had more of an angle of "becoming" the power donor, which this is presently lacking, given how she is basically unchanged by the fact that she now lives in a gigantic bloated corpse...

Not sure what to suggest. This was always going to be the tricky one.
    And we finally have someone who gets the deformities! Ding ding ding!

I'd say the class is drawing from both pool A (Glasya) and pool B (Malborge)

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

On reflection, I think that Dark Lady's Voice ought to be Suggestion and Dark Lady's Voice ought, possibly, to be Greater Command or a similarly passive ability.

It has a slightly more "Manipulative Bitch" theme going and avoids stepping on the toes of Fierna.

Other than that, it fits. If you wanted, an Enthrall based ability could be substituted for the level 1 Acid resitance and the progression thereafter being changed to 10, 20, 30?
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

On reflection, I think that Dark Lady's Voice ought to be Suggestion and Dark Lady's Voice ought, possibly, to be Greater Command or a similarly passive ability.

It has a slightly more "Manipulative Bitch" theme going and avoids stepping on the toes of Fierna.

Other than that, it fits. If you wanted, an Enthrall based ability could be substituted for the level 1 Acid resitance and the progression thereafter being changed to 10, 20, 30?
    Changed and added as suggested, except: I'm not going to give the disciple more acid resistance than Glasya has, that would sort of be weird, wou;dn't you agree?

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

yeah, probably...

Kinda surprised she isn't immune...

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

yeah, probably...

Kinda surprised she isn't immune...
    Nope, fire. Leads to weird things like Ice Devils, who could actually die from bad enough cold damage because they are only resistant. ICE devils!

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Nope, fire. Leads to weird things like Ice Devils, who could actually die from bad enough cold damage because they are only resistant. ICE devils!
    Rather, I don't like anything that's not essentially made of that element to be immune to it. Sure a dragon breathes fire, but why should that make it immune to it? What sort of alien physiology do these dragons have that doesn't burn? Everything burns! Hot enough fire will vaporize anything, wood, metal, concrete (although we are talking really really hot fire, metal can be vaporized with enough heat).