New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Suffer The Little Children [Dark Heresy] - IC

Red nods in agreement.
    "There's not too much wrong with eating rats. Throne knows I've done it myself a few times. It's a change of pace from corpse starch, at the very least."
    He gestures towards the door.
    "Might I suggest that our big, strong friend with the hammer take point as we explore?"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Phrenz shrugged, pulling out his hammer as he moved to take point.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyBoundFencer
    NOBODY POST I AM HUGGING AN INFERNAL

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Red, Phrenz & Olympus

Spoiler
    Show
    Jinking through ninety degrees, the corridor led on further into the back-rooms of the hospital. Passing down a long section without any doors, they found themselves at a T-junction - to their right, a large pair of white-painted double doors looked like they led into the hospital proper, while to the left, a corridor similar to the one they were in led away in the opposite direction, its walls pierced by four numbered doors similar to the ones they had seen on entering.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright," Hieronymus grumbles, the picture of stymied authority. "But if it is her, I'll be wanting a word with her. 'Gainst the law to go impersonating an Imperial official."
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Red immediately slips into using hand-signals, bounding up to Phrenz, and tapping him on the shoulder to gain the Feral worlder's attention.
    He quickly flashes through a series of signs meant to communicate "Keep an eye on those double doors while Olympus and I search these rooms"
    With the decentralization of the Guard, though, Red can't be sure his message got through.
    He proceeded to the farthest-away door, checked for alarms with his bayonet, stacked up on the hinge side, and swept.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Heironymous & Jericus

Spoiler
    Show
    ”Dr Gendieb?” said the receptionist, speaking into a vox-capture on her desk. “I have some gentlemen here saying they are inspectors. An infrastructure check.” She paused, evidently listening to the reply. “Dr Gendieb will be with you shortly.”

True to her word, a tall, shaven-headed man in a white coat soon appeared on the scene. Observing them mildly through half-moon spectacles, he extended a hand.

“Good day. Dr Gendieb, Chief Medicae, at your service.”
    He nodded to the receptionist.
    “Elsie tells me you’ve come to inspect us. Could I see some accreditation?”

[hr]

Red, Olympus & Phrenz

Spoiler
    Show
    The rooms to the left seemed to be more storage and maintenance rooms – one contained refrigerators of pre-packaged food, while another stood empty except for a large pressure-boiler that seemed to be used for decontaminating surgical equipment. Nothing out of the ordinary seemed to stand out about them.

The last room seemed to be some kind of staff room – better-lit and furnished in comparison to the others, it was currently empty, but bore the trappings of seeing frequent use by medical staff on their break, civilian coats and jackets hanging up inside while a small army of ceramic mugs clustered around a recaf machine. Next to the door was a fairly abstract map of the hospital.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Red looked over the map quickly, and took estimate of personnel on-staff by counting hanging "civvies".
    He also quickly looked for a hiding-place and any sort of public vox system transmitter.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Red, Olympus & Phrenz

Spoiler
    Show
    There were at least a couple of dozen jackets and coats hanging up on the hooks. In one corner of the room was a vox-caster, but there was no sign of a receiver anywhere - this room was designed to receive communications, not to send them.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

"So, where are we headed now? Once we leave this section, were bound to run into somebody. I suggest heading to the Incubators and the nursery first. After that, we take the lift to the second floor, somehow I get the feeling we'll find something up there." Olympus suggests to the rest of the group.
    "Have You seen the Yellow Sign?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi

DM says: WHY!? WHY!? WHY?!
    DM means: NO! NO! NO!!!
    Player hears: GOOD JOB PLAYER! DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

Amazing avatar of "The King In Yellow" by Ceika

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Red points at the lift present in the back rooms.
    "These lead to the archives, right?" he asks, "We can use these and then poke through the archives, less exposure to staff and paitents that way, population density is bound to be less, meaning it'll be easier to isolate and localise any threat, interrogate and intimidate our way through. If we still wanna keep noise to as little as possible, we should stick to bayonets.
    Also - somebody should vox over a threat estimate to Jericus if we can do that without blowing his cover."
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'd have suggested the archives... if I thought I could be of some help there... I am afraid books and records are not really my forte... If Jericus and the Provost used the survey excuse to come in here, their bound to check n the archives themselves."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Jericus pulled out his data slate and turned it on. The screen went dark. He tapped it against his leg a couple of times. The screen lit up again.
    "I apologise for any delays. My department isn't the best funded. Which is why I'm stuck with him." Jericus gestures to the provost. He then returns to the dataslate, muttering about the dark age of technology.
    After about a minute he pulls up an identifier displaying a pict of him, a signature claiming to be from the local civic authority, a warrant for inspection and the name "Heilath Saul". He presents it proudly to the doctor, ready to forge on ahead if it is accepted or run like hell if it all goes pear-shaped.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Heironymous & Jericus

Spoiler
    Show
    The doctor blinked at the data-slate.

"Well... Mr Saul, I suppose we can but oblige. I hope you don't mind if we don't go too far out of our way to accommodate you - busy busy, you know." He gave a weak smile. "Is there anywhere particular you want to be shown, or can you make your own way around?"
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-03-21 at 03:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

"If you could provide us with an up-to-date map it would be useful. We have the blueprints on record, but they're not the most accurate. not everyone bothers with planning permission, it seems. "

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Jericus & Heironymous

Spoiler
    Show
    "There are placard-maps in the corridors," said the doctor, gesturing towards the nearest one. "They ought to provide sufficient detail, I hope."

OOC: See the map posted OOC.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright. Saul, can we get on with this?" 'Benson' is still impatient, it seems. But then, he's never been the best at waiting.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'd be of no use in the archives, either, as I can't read." Said Phrenz, as he shifted uncomfortably.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

REd looked slightly sheepish, he hadn't considered how useful they'd be in the archives, just that the archives would be useful to them.
    "Er, okay. But, since we're going to be headed towards more populated zones, I suggest we each steal some overcoats and find something to conceal our face. Don't want to be recognised on the street, especially those among us who have an appointment to sit in on a Star Child prayer service, eh?"
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

"Agreed. We don't want to be recognized, especially if we end up causing a scene." As he spoke, Phrenz stuffed his hammer back into his backpack. "I'm not leaving my weapons behind, though."

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

"To the Incubators it is!"

He says as he reaches for the coats. He then goes trough them, attempting to find one that fits.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Red likewise rummages through coats, specifically for any that will fit over and conceal his guardsmen armour, as well as some sort of face-mask.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Once Phrenz got his hammer properly situated in his pack, he set down the backpack and joined the others in searching for a disguise.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

"We'll start in accident and emergency. Would you like us to take our shoes off?"
    Jericus points to his dirty boots.
    "As a doctor I'm sure you'll understand the need to be thorough."
    Jericus will remove shoes/ put on anything necessary and make his way to Accident and emergency, and then by process of elimination make his way through all of the departments to intensive care, stopping if he notices anything interesting. He will of course, keep his cover by walking up to random walls and standing there deep in concentration, with his dataslate making beepy noises.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Red, Olympus & Phrenz

Spoiler
    Show
    Donning their stolen clothes, the trio left the staff-room, Red’s lower face obscured by a mask improvised out of a purloined scarf. They didn’t exactly blend in, but at least now they looked oddly-dressed rather than heavily-armed.

Making their way through more dimly-lit maintenance corridors, they came to another pair of white-painted double doors that apparently led to the children’s ward: passing cautiously through them, they found themselves in a bright, white, clean corridor, two narrower branches splitting off to the right and left. Ahead of them, two doors opened in opposite walls of the main corridors: the sign over the one on the left identified it as the incubator chamber, while the other was labelled as the nursery.

From somewhere around the corner of the side-corridor on their right, footsteps began to approach, accompanied by the rattle of metal wheels. Someone was coming...

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diagram:

[hr]

Jericus & Heironymous

Spoiler
    Show
    ”Thank you – Elsie can supply you with some sterilised slippers.”

Seemingly satisfied, Doctor Gendieb went on his way. Suitably slippered, the pair began their ‘inspection’, Jericus playing his role surprisingly well.

“Ceiling joists seem secure,” – nothing out of the ordinary in Accident & Emergency.

“Girder integrity stable,” – the cases in the Trauma centre all seemed to be relatively everyday.

It was then that they noticed something – emerging from behind one green-painted screen partition of the trauma ward, a man in a white coat was moving from bed to bed, his eyes fixed on the screen of some kind of handheld scanner. Tall and broad-shouldered, he stood out among the other orderlies and medics of the ward – for one thing, he was not wearing the standard, sterile scrubs under his coat, and for another, he had cropped, black hair on his head, when every other member of the staff – and the large majority of the patients – had the gleaming, shaved scalps of the Children.
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-03-23 at 02:22 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

The trouble about the lies Jericus spun to get in here is that they don't give u much of a reason to stop people.

Jericus notes the basic details of the unusual medicae on his dataslate and subtlety requests "Benson" to observe him. He then attempts to identify the scanner.

Common Lore: Tech (1d100)[78] RAGE! I cannot roll a single successful skill check! RAGE!

OOC: I'm imagining that the scanner detects psychic ability, but I'm probably just jumping to conclusions.
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2010-03-23 at 02:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Jericus

Spoiler
    Show
    The scanner's purpose was a mystery to Jericus - he was familiar with most of the standard-pattern auspices available to civilians in this system, and this was certainly not one of them.

There were, however, certain similarities with the device he had disassembled in the shuttle...

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Dun dun dun dun duunnnnnnnnn!

Jericus leaves Benson where he is and departs to find a terminal where no-one will sneak up on him.

This next plan revolves around passing a skill check though, so I won't get my hopes up.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Jericus & Heironymous

Spoiler
    Show
    There were no public-access cogitator terminals - it was a hospital, after all, not a library. However, there was a desk in one corner of the trauma ward which seemed to have a read-out screen built into it - a shaven-headed man in the uniform of some kind of low-ranking medic was sitting behind it, apparently copying data from its screen onto a clipboard with a pen.
    Last edited by LCP; 2010-03-23 at 04:04 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

"Excuse me, could I have a word?"
    Without waiting for the medic to reply, Jericus begins to whisper.
    "I've here under the express permissives of Dr Gendieb. Imperial law requires I cross reference all architectural parameters with the central hive database in order to ensure an up to date records system containing any and all recently added data packets. To this extent I require access to this terminal. I would remind you that the obstruction of a Administratum official in their holy duty is a punishable offence. That is all."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Red, hiding his lasgun under his stolen coat , draws his laspistol, and places it inside the coat pocket.
    Keeping his main hand on the weapon, he quickly ghosts up to the incubator chamber door, and gently pushes the portal open just enough to get a view of anything - and more importantly, anybody - inside.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me