New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play Labyrinth of Touhou

Nah, I'm just busy with other things at the moment. I'm applying to medical school right now, for one. While doing an internship at a place that requires a 2-hour commute one-way, and looking for other part-time work in the meantime.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

2. - Top - End - #152
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh wow. That's a lot of stuff. Good luck with your med school application.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Banned

Poor Wriggle. She's really too cowardly to hang out with the rest of Team 9, even if her masochism makes her court danger in other forms.

And Rumia is always fun in her dumbness.

Also weird floor. Can you explain it a bit better? I'm not quite sure i understood how it worked.

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    Also weird floor. Can you explain it a bit better? I'm not quite sure i understood how it worked.
    You basically start outside the maze's boundaries, and can enter at any point, but once you enter you can't leave, so you must restart if you go the incorrect way. Since the game doesn't track your progress outside of the maze's boundaries, you can't easily see where you've been (and some things are hidden in the middle of the empty space).

The second part of the floor is just one huge empty space that you have to explore.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

That invisible floor...floor sure looks trippy...in its own way.
    And now a question...
    Im stuck with a problem guys.As much as i want to progress with the game and all im stuck with...flan(floor 15.).I cant seem to defeat her even with apparently 'over-leveling' the recommended levels.So um,if you all dont mind any tips and such on how to beat her or what party should i bring with me...and equipment I should equip them with if possible,will help ..
    EDIT since i dont wanna screw myself up again:@below:K
    Last edited by Sakai; 2010-09-30 at 02:29 AM.
    lol nevermind.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

What characters do you have available? The fight is pretty much a damage race, so knowing what attackers you have would be nice, and whether you have Kaguya/Yukari available. I'd take Kaguya and/or Yukari for Actionbar hax, Cirno for the speed debuffs, either Chen or Aya to juggle hitters and Tenshi & Meiling to tank the first volley, with maybe Suwako/Yuugi for paralysis.

Initial party could be Meiling/Tenshi/Yuugi/Aya?, try to land the paralysis, switch cirno in immediately after the first attack, debuff. From there start juggling attackers in to use a high-power-high-delay attacks, switching out afterwards and switching durable ones in when Flan is about to attack.
    Flan is weak to SPI/CLD so Kaguya(Hourai barrage), Eirin (Astronimic Entombing) and maybe Yuyuko(S.Flawless Nirv. or Gha. Dream) are good picks,
    as are any high multiplier untyped attacks like Nitori's MWLin.Gun, Yuugi's Supernatural Phen. or Youmu's Slash of Eternity.
    Itemwise, attackers should obviously go with damage boosters. Anyone who is supposed to take a hit or two should use items to have both FIR/MYS affinities around 200+.

I'd like some more details if a more in-depth plan is needed.
    1.)Does Flan go before or after most of your party?
    2.)What characters do you have, which ones are leveled up already and where are their lvlup bonuses assigned?
    3.)What are your best items?
    As you can see, i like to plan stuff in far more detail than is probably necessary .

There are my initial ideas. I tried to cover all everything, so some of it may be painfully obvious .
    This is only how i took care of it though, might be better ways to go about it.

Edit: also, maybe we could take the discussion to the Main Touhou thread? I'd rather not give false alarms about LP updates to those subscribed to the thread. LabO'Touhou is still a touhou game so it would be on topic in the main thread as well.
    Last edited by IncoherentEssay; 2010-09-20 at 12:34 PM.
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

7. - Top - End - #157

Let's Play Labyrinth of Touhou Plus Disk - Chapter 5

Spoiler
    Show

Adjusting the energy converter's capacity should increase the output limit by 5%...

So I was thinking, since we're going to be working together for a while, maybe we could talk and find out more about each other? I know you were involved with Kanako's industrialization project, but we've never had the chance to talk before. I'm Rin Kaenbyou, but you can call me Orin!

But would doing that cause greater chances of overheating? I still need to test the firing limit too...

Uh, hello? I'm trying to talk to you here. Hey, are you paying attention?

Maybe I should use a liquid coolant system in conjunction with the gaseous release system?

Wow, I know the others have told me you bad at talking with other people, but this is a little ridiculous, don't you think? Here, let me get your attention.

Wha-? Hey, give that back!

Good, finally ellicited a response from you. Now, look around. Where do you think we are?

Surrounded in darkness, a terrifying warmth radiating everywhere, flowers that symbolize death scattered across the floor...is this suppose to be hell?

Ha, I wish! Home was a lot cosier than this! Although, I do like the decor here. And the local wildlife does sort of remind me of home, I guess.

You're a strange one, aren't you?

Well, you're one to talk.

Is it just me, or have the monsters gotten noticably stronger here?

Not strong enough to kill any of us! How's a girl suppose to collect corpses at this rate?

Excuse me?

Well, you see, I'm a Kasha, so I'm suppose to collect corpses before cremation or something.

Well, I'm a Kappa, but you don't see me going around drowning people.

No, but I do see you drowning yourself in your gizmos often enough. Come on, let's see if we can get you to socialize some more!

Hold on. Let me blast these mobs first. Let's see...the extending arm mechanisms ought to do it. Alter the angles by five point eight degrees, then release the holding gears, then...

Ugh...you're harder to talk to than my mistress, and my mistress has that annoying habit of finishing people's sentences for them!

Sorry, I don't really get people...machines tend to make more sense to me.

Well, aren't you just the life of the party.

Oh, knock it off!

Anyway, let's get back on task here. There seem to be many passages blocked off by some sort of magical barrier, but it's a bit too dark to make it out.

What do you suppose that is? We may never know.

My scanners indicate that it's a magical mechanism being controlled by a series of switches held somewhere nearby.

Oh, way to ruin the mystery! You're no fun.

Isn't that was what we were suppose to do?

Something could still be said for dramatic tension, you know.

And you say I'm hard to understand?

Analysis complete. Scan indicates what we need to set the switch mechanism to. There are many other barriers, but we should be able to ascertain which frequency they are set to.

All right, all that's left is to find the switches, right? Shouldn't be that hard in this pitch black darkne- oh, who am I kidding!

Hold on, let me try out this new radar system I just installed.

How in the world do you do that? Where are you pulling all these things from?

Oh, I just make these things as the plot demands.

Huh. You really don't care about maintaining any sort of fantasy or drama, do you?

I prefer to think of myself as a very practical individual.

So, this whole mechanism depends on these silly little colored crystals?

They don't seemed to be marked. The different colors must be significant, but how can we know which frequency they are attuned to?

Can't we just try them all?

Right, like I have the time or patience for that.

Well, I apparently have the patience to put up with you, so...

Okay, can we drop this petty argument? I know you're a very sociable individual, and I'm not, but our differences shouldn't be taking center stage like this.

But...conflict is at the heart of any good story! How can we have an interesting tale without conflict between potential allies?

What? You mean you're just acting like this to make a good story?

Of course, silly! Like I would actually be that mean to you on purpose!

Well, uh, thanks, I guess. You're really weird, you know that?

Aw, thanks, I think you are too! Come here, give me a hug!

Uh, sure...hey, is it just me, or does it feel like it's getting a bit hotter here?

Well, I do have an abnormally high body temperature, but...

No, no, it's not that. It's...something else.

~ Nitori Kawashiro

~ Rin Kaenbyou

Can you believe it? I'm still alive. Sorry that this hasn't been a very high priority for me lately. Anyway, I'm about to leave on a week-long trip for med interviews, so I guess this is my last chance to get something up before I my trip.

Nitori was a low-tier character in 2.04, but in later version of the game, her best attack got a huge change in its damage formula, increasing its output by over 50%. Now she's a top-tier damage dealer, at least on the level of Shikieiki or Flandre, if not better. I knew she got buffed, but I had no idea just how much stronger she was until after starting Team Unappreciated. She's consistantly the best damage dealer for all my battles (except for one later Sigil Guardian boss where I intentionally never used her).

The conventional strategy around Orin used to be that she was good for fighting floor trash due to her strong multi-target attacks, but for bosses she wasn't very good. This is largely due to a misunderstanding over how composite attacks work. It's true that high DEF or MND targets can easily nullify composite damage, but the opposite is true for buffs that raise both ATK and MAG. Thanks to how composite damage formulas work, dual-stat buffs will skyrocket its damage tremendously compared to other attacks. Orin's Blazing Wheel not only has the best composite damage formula in the game, but it also has relatively low delay once you factor in Orin's excellent speed. In addition, Orin's MND growth is remarkably high, giving her good survivability against magic-based enemies and bosses, which are more common in the late game. Finally, while Cat's Walk was often regarded as completely worthless, for this boss battle I found its incredibly low delay invaluable for manipulating turn order and micromanaging my switches.

Speaking of this boss, the Flame Tyrant should be the easiest Plus Disk boss in the game. I say "should" because normally players would steamroll him by exploiting his huge weakness to paralysis. It's not hard to keep him para-locked for the entire battle, making the fight a joke. Someone dared me to fight him without resorting to paralysis, though, and I ended up discovering that this boss is seriously tough if allowed to attack. With a MAG stat nearly three times as high as the previous boss, its attacks do incredible damage even after equipping as much fire resistance gear as I can manage. This was one of the hardest Plus Disk battles I endured; only the 21F optional boss or the 30F bosses could hope to compare.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yay! Another update!

Orin and Nitori this time; pretty nice banter there.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Banned

This version of Nitori is utterly insane. Not that the others are too mentally stable, but still.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Pixie in the Playground

Where you can download the patch that lets you play all the characters from the beginning

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Karcan View Post
    Where you can download the patch that lets you play all the characters from the beginning
    It's not a patch. It's the New Game Plus feature, which is activated once you've cleared the 30th floor.

If you just want to download a fresh NG+ save file at the start of the game with all characters unlocked, I think you can find one here.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

For the New Game+ feature, you need patch 2.06 or above (AKA Special Disk version).

Do note however, that in order to use the New Game+ feature in the patch, you have to have a cleared game file first.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks for the quick reply

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

then where you find the vesion 2.6?

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Karcan View Post
    then where you find the vesion 2.6?
    2.06 isn't compatable with the English version. Just use either 2.04 or 3.01; save files should be the same for any version. If you want to open a NG+ file of your own, though, you'll need 2.06 or 3.01.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks, where I can download the version 3.01?

17. - Top - End - #167

Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-12-10 at 10:13 PM.