New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

I think she'd start feeling really guilty if they started having a relationship, and Blackwing (Mustn't forget him!) would bug her into admitting it.
    But i'm not rhe V-expert. (Waits for Water-Smurf)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

She may try to skim over it by saying it quietly among several other things.

"Oh you know, I married a baker, adopted two kids, got addicted to magic, madeadealwiththreedemonsandkilledaboutfour-hundreddragons fought in a war, sailed to a desert, divorced my husband, made my own brand of coffee, and saved some guys bottle cap collection from a fire!.... not in that order of coarse"
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-03-12 at 01:08 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, although I'd expect her to do the sesquipedalian loquaciousness instead; hide it in big words.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Welcome! Here's your free sample of brain bleach!
    Holy crap! The bottles we get on FFNet aren't nearly as big as that! Is this stuff Extra Strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I think she'd start feeling really guilty if they started having a relationship, and Blackwing (Mustn't forget him!) would bug her into admitting it.
    But i'm not rhe V-expert. (Waits for Water-Smurf)
    Ah. Thanks for reminding me of a detail I forgot: Belkar has to at some point find out about the soul-selling loan, the divorce and whatnot else.

Also, that's why the spell would last a month. This period isnt meant to......

You know, the more I think about it, the more I think I have enough thought out to write it myself. I think I'll give it a shot.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Isn't it better to have spare ideas at hand for when you need them?
    Spare ideas nothing--I write this stuff regardless of what other projects I have.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    Yes. Relevant text:
    Ah, okay. But would it have that much of an effect on an evil sorceress pumped up to what is practically epic-level from the Snarl?

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    On topic I have ideas for the tunes but I need to wait for my brother to get off his bum and install a program for me to allow me to write the score. Scene four looks like it will have actual dialogue in song. Whee!
    Do you watch a lot of musicals? I'm a bit of a musical buff. :)

Sounds like a cool idea. XD I think Water-Smurf did some Belkar/V once...
    Yep. I'm still trolling for ideas for another story...

Quote Originally Posted by Tira-chan View Post
    Re: My story - I've actually got about three or so chapters planned out, except for the start of the very next one. So I'm asking you all, who certainly know plenty about writing V. Under what circumstances do you think that she might reveal the whole Familicide fiasco? I can see her feeling guilty about it, especially given the circumstances, but I don't think she'd feel compelled to just share it... Maybe if Belkar started to hint about her adventures on the dark side, Spock questioned her, and she end up angrily/guiltily spilling the whole thing? Does that sound logical in-character?
    Of course, there are different interpretations of one character. I feel that she would probably keep all of it--the divorce, the splice, and the familicide--to herself because she feels it's her business and her business alone. It would take a third party for anyone to say anything, like an angry dragon coming to take revenge spouting off the fact that V killed a third of the dragon population, or Nero, Cedrik, and Lee coming along to collect on their debt and explaining why they were possessing V.

Maybe, maybe V would tell Spock that she used to be married and had two children if they got in a relationship and Blackwing badgered her sufficiently to do it, but I doubt she would mention anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Yeah, although I'd expect her to do the sesquipedalian loquaciousness instead; hide it in big words.
    That too. She hides her emotions in big words and lofty statements. That's how she works.

Anyway, would O-Chul fall if he associated with Deirdre? I guess she can count as 'in need', but she's still pretty Evil when she's crazy. Although, if he was a prisoner, he wouldn't have much choice. And would he fall if he manipulated her madness and directed it against Xykon to split them apart? It's not exactly an honorable move--he's actively taking advantage of a woman's delusions the same way Xykon did--but it would be the only move he'd have left...

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    Spare ideas nothing--I write this stuff regardless of what other projects I have.
    Write, write, write, write macabre fanfiction!

Yep. I'm still trolling for ideas for another story...
    V drinks a bit too much wine and admits to Belkar that s/he finds him attractive. Hilarity ensues.

Anyway, would O-Chul fall if he associated with Deirdre?
    And would he fall if he manipulated her madness and directed it against Xykon to split them apart?
    Unfortunately, yes. But maybe he would be willing to make that sacrifice if he felt it was for the greater good?

Is there a way for paladins to regain their powers if they fall?
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-03-12 at 02:23 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Atonement Spell.
    Also, since he's associating with her to save her, i think that would be a letter of the law vs spirit of the law... what would be the ruling on that? O_o
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2010-03-12 at 02:20 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, they have to atone and beg for forgiveness. It's a long, gnarly road but it can be (and has been) done.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, since he's associating with her to save her, i think that woluld be a letter of the law vs spirit of the law... what would be the ruling on that? O_o
    I'm pretty sure it's an absoloute no as to associating with Evil, just as they can't commit Evil acts even for the greater good.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-03-12 at 02:22 PM.
    DeviantArt

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure it's an absoloute no as to associating with Evil, just as they can't commit Evil acts even for the greater good.
    That's how I'd rule it. The ends are corrupted by the means.

― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #311

Write, write, write, write macabre fanfiction!
    You'd think Elan would be eager for me to have no ideas and stop screwing around with his friends.

V drinks a bit too much wine and admits to Belkar that s/he finds him attractive.
    In Vino Veritas all over again?

Unfortunately, yes. But maybe he would be willing to make that sacrifice if he felt it was for the greater good?
    He definitely would be willing to make the sacrifice. I think that what would really hurt wouldn't be the falling but the fact that he's manipulating a vulnerable girl's illness against her.

Atonement. That I do know.

That's how I'd rule it. The ends are corrupted by the means.
    But with the way the OotS-verse works, it looks like the gods themselves decides on who falls or not. (Miko falls for killing Shojo, but that group of paladins are peachy after massacring an entire village of innocent goblins, something that surely are means that corrupt the end.) I think that the twelve gods, if they are the ones deciding, would be willing to let their paladins do anything if if meant getting Xykon and Deirdre out of power. Those two have the power to crush the gods, and possibly already have.

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

That's a point-if they take the Snarl, what happens to clerics and paladins?

13. - Top - End - #313

Do you watch a lot of musicals? I'm a bit of a musical buff. :)
    I love musicals! Basically I love anything I can sing along to.

...Was going to write something else but now can't remember...
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

In Vino Veritas all over again?
    Except it's V who's drunk, and Belkar could proceed to actually hitting on V. He has proof that V wants him, and when you're Belkar that's an open invitation to pester the elf 24/7 for however long it takes.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-03-12 at 02:54 PM.
    DeviantArt

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

And Belkar won't be put off by something as minor as selling your soul to fiends...

Indeed, that can be V's downfall. Belkar is the only one who would accept her for what she's done (at least that's what she might think).
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-03-12 at 02:56 PM.

― Tim Fargo

16. - Top - End - #316

That's a point-if they take the Snarl, what happens to clerics and paladins?
    ...Well, if they actually go as far as destroying gods, then a bunch of clerics and paladins will find themselves without any spells. And the paladins and clerics belonging to other gods would probably be ridiculously under-powered.

Quote Originally Posted by Taekwondodo View Post
    I love musicals! Basically I love anything I can sing along to.
    My mom and dad work in that business, so I'm always going to different musicals. Have you seen Gypsy?

Except it's V who's drunk, and Belkar could proceed to actually hitting on V. He has proof that V wants him, and when you're Belkar that's an open invitation to pester the elf 24/7 for however long it takes.
    Wouldn't he get blown up a lot if V thought he was actually responding to the whole thing afterwards?

And Belkar won't be put off by something as minor as selling your soul to fiends...

Indeed, that can be V's downfall. Belkar is the only one who would accept her for what she's done (at least that's what she might think).
    Well, he's the only one who'd just shrug the whole thing off. And he'd probably be pretty glad to hear that Vaarsuvius is single again.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Colossus in the Playground

You'd think Elan would be eager for me to have no ideas and stop screwing around with his friends.
    But then where's the story? Where's the drama? Where's the fun?

He definitely would be willing to make the sacrifice. I think that what would really hurt wouldn't be the falling but the fact that he's manipulating a vulnerable girl's illness against her.
    That's O-Chul!

My mom and dad work in that business, so I'm always going to different musicals. Have you seen Gypsy?
    That's actually pretty cool.
    By the way, your inbox is full.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-03-12 at 03:08 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Well, he's the only one who'd just shrug the whole thing off. And he'd probably be pretty glad to hear that Vaarsuvius is single again.
    Shrug off? I think he'd applaud it and say it was awesome.

― Tim Fargo

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Wouldn't he get blown up a lot if V thought he was actually responding to the whole thing afterwards?
    Try the Explosive Runes trick on me this time, and everyone will know exactly what you said you wanted me to do to you that night at the tavern.
    ....Given your track record of honesty, my word will far outweigh yours in this matter.
    *holds up a tape recorder* And I have copies, so don't go getting any ideas.
    Fine. But believe me when I tell you that I will endevour to ignore your attention at every turn.
    We'll just see how long you can keep that up, cutie.
    *gulp*

The absence of actual tape recorders is most regrettable.

*covers Elan's eyes* Don't look, sweetie. There's some nasty people.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-03-12 at 03:32 PM.
    DeviantArt

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Try the Explosive Runes trick on me this time, and I'll tell everyone exactly what you said you wanted me to do to you that night at the tavern.
    ....Given your track record of honesty, my word will far outweigh yours in this matter.
    Fine. But believe me when I tell you that I will endevour to ignore your attention at every turn.
    *gulp*

Mr. Scruffy heard it all! And he's willing to testify given a druid or a competent ranger.

― Tim Fargo

21. - Top - End - #321

*Sighs* I've not seen as many as I would like to see. Basically I've seen Cats, Les Miserables and Grease in the theatre. Not a very good record, although I do have the soundtracks for Scrubs: My Musical and Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog on my MP3 player. I was also involved in Grease, The Sound of Music and Oklahoma! in Grammar school.

Maybe to the random thread if continuing this conversation?
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

22. - Top - End - #322

: DON'T ENCOURAGE HER!

That's O-Chul!
    Exactly. He's the heart of all that's good about paladins, and though it would really hurt, I think that he'd do what he had to do to save the world and do his best to save the little girl he once knew at the same time.

Shrug off? I think he'd applaud it and say it was awesome.
    True.

Try the Explosive Runes trick on me this time, and everyone will know exactly what you said you wanted me to do to you that night at the tavern.
    *gulp*

I think that it'd go something like that, but I don't see the Belkar of Latin canon getting too into the harassment. Maybe a smirk here or there, a pinch if they're alone and he feels really daring, but he's not the type to go further without V's consent.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that it'd go something like that, but I don't see the Belkar of Latin canon getting too into the harassment. Maybe a smirk here or there, a pinch if they're alone and he feels really daring, but he's not the type to go further without V's consent.
    Or maybe he'd even try being nice as a last resort? If he realizes his usual tricks aren't going to work...

After all, it's V who's in denial here.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-03-12 at 03:50 PM.
    DeviantArt

24. - Top - End - #324

Or maybe he'd even try being nice as a last resort? If he realizes his usual tricks aren't going to work...

After all, it's V who's in denial here.
    Awww... that's actually a cute image. :>

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Even Belkar has morals.
    Is this time to be shocked?
    (Stabs)
    ...I deserved that.
    (Stabstabstabstabstab)
    X_X

26. - Top - End - #326
    Colossus in the Playground

Awww... that's actually a cute image. :>
    How would V react though?

(Let's not forget Blackwing either!)

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

How would V react though?

(Let's not forget Blackwing either!)
    both with confuseion and fear. and perhaps a little vomit.

in other news: lo and behold my new Avatar! she is awsome ^^ [/backontopic]
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-03-12 at 06:10 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Don't think they'd vomit.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tira-chan View Post
    Re: My mention of art - I was actually saying I'd like a banner or something for my story, but I feel really, really, really guilty about begging for art. So if someone really does want to make something I'd be very happy, but please don't put yourself at any inconvenience on account of me!
    I don't know if my Spock is "Spocky" enough , especially hair was difficult, but here's my picture:

Spoiler
    Show

and a banner :

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by half-halfling View Post
    "It's logical."
    Okay, that there had me laughing for a good ten minutes.
    DeviantArt