1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default An odd little feat [3.5, PEACH]

Using, as usual for me, mhvaughan's Warlock Rewrite

Eldritch Onslaught [General]
    You destroy your foes at a distance even as you slaughter other enemies by the sword.
    Prerequisites: Two-Weapon Fighting, Eldritch Blast
    Benefits: You may treat your Eldritch Blast as a main-hand weapon or off-hand weapon for the purposes of two-weapon fighting. For example, Arturus is a level 4 Warlock/ level 8 Fighter with Eldritch Onslaught and , who commonly holds a shortsword in his off-hand. He has a Base Attack Bonus of +11, and therefore may make three attacks with his Eldritch Blast (at +11/+6/+1 before other modifiers) normally. Using this feat, Arturus may make three Eldritch Blasts at +9/+4/-1 before other modifiers as well as making two attacks with his shortsword, at +9/+4 before other modifiers.
    Normal: Two-Weapon Fighting may normally only be performed with weapons, not with Eldritch Blasts.
    Special: When a character selects this feat, they choose whether their Eldritch Blast can be used as a main-hand weapon or an off-hand weapon for two-weapon fighting. A character may select this feat twice, once for main-hand use and once for off-hand use, but may never use their Eldritch Blast as both their main-hand weapon and their off-hand weapon in the same attack routine.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: An odd little feat [3.5, PEACH]

TWF is a bit of a "do nothing" feat for a Warlock I should think, until one gets this feat... but I guess that is OK.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-03-05 at 05:12 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

I like this. I also like the warlock variant.

4. - Top - End - #4

How does it interactive with eldritch glaive? hideous blow (last i checked the invocations themselves hadnt been changed yet)

EDIT: brain fart
    Last edited by Latronis; 2010-03-06 at 02:54 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Latronis View Post
    How does it interactive with eldritch glaive? hideous blow (last i checked the invocations themselves hadnt been changed yet)

EDIT: brain fart
    Yeah, real-life has prevented me from rewriting invocations like I had hoped to.

I'm not sure how to work hideous blow in with Warlock 2.0, to be honest, and the idea of combining two-weapon fighting with it is something that will likely require nothing short of playtesting.

But, as a concept, I really, really like this feat idea. It creates a very cool mental picture.

EDIT: I would say that you'd never exceed your BAB in eldritch blasts using hideous blow. If you get 3 attacks due to BAB, then you'd only get three eldritch blasts. So, if you fire off three blasts, you wouldn't have any more to apply to a hideous blow. If you fired off one eldritch blast, you could use two hideous blows. I suppose if you wanted to spend one of your "quicken" uses on it, you could. That's my off-the-cuff ruling at the moment.

Double EDIT: I've given it more thought, and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. I think it needs a lot of thought, and I can't give it that right now.
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2010-03-06 at 10:17 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Interacting with hideous blow would, in my opinion, be that if you are using your EB off-hand, you can use hideous blow to make your off-hand attacks be weapon and EB. If using EB in your main hand, then you can apply hideous blow to your main-hand attacks. Basically, hideous blow counts as EB as far as this feat is concerned.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

7. - Top - End - #7

Hideous Blow does seem like something that could be abused with iterative eldritch blasts. Though i doubt choosing which hand to channel it through with this feat is going to be any worse

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Very possibly. Hideous blow will definitely need some looking over, but that's really nothing to do with this feat.