New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Scales of War [IC]

The world has never been a safe place. Bastions of civilization populate a dark, menacing world -- islands of order and reason exist in a land otherwise overrun by dark cults, vile monsters, creatures from the dark edges of the imagination, and worse. As deadly as the world is on a normal day, something has begun to stir on the fringes of the civilized Elsir Vale. Formerly the site of an attack by an army known as the Red Hand, the Vale has known several years of peace since brave adventurers stormed into the teeth of the approaching Hand and sent them scurrying back into the darkness.

It's a peaceful evening in the town of Brindol. The sun is just starting to set, dipping below the green hills of the Elsir Vale, and the working day has just ended. Some people have been filing into the local taverns, like the Antler and Thistle, to unwind after a long day at work. Others, like yourselves, have come to the Antler and Thistle for other reasons. Whether its to relax with a pint, or enjoy a game of cards, all of you have somehow found yourself in this place.

((State where your characters are and what they're doing, and feel free to meet or chit-chat if you want. This is the calm before the storm...))
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Scales of War [IC]

Zernobog is having a mug of dwarven ale in the tavern.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

The seemingly ten year-old Stasi is renting a room from the barman. "Just for one night, please."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

To Zousha:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can you inform me when an inn/tavern we are in is owned by Janus' dwarven friend? I'm not expecting special treatment, just for my character's in-character ties to be realistic/relevant

A humanoid figure cloaked in brown robes enters. The Eye of Ioun dangles from the figure's neck, but they are otherwise unremarkable, with a face shrouded by the shadows of a cloak. He walks in sits at the bar, radiating sheer pensiveness, as if lost in a daydream.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

A male Eladrin seated at the bar glances at the newcomer and snorts slightly as his eyes land on the symbol of Ioun. He wears elegant white clothing edged in gold and violet embroidery and a violet cloak, and a pendant of Corellon's holy symbol hangs around his neck. He has long, golden hair and somewhat incongruously wears a pair of wire-rimmed reading glasses with oval lenses.

"Come now, cheer up, it can't be that bad, whatever it is."
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    Twitter | Google+ | AIM: iankunx | Skype: Nai.Calus | Y!IM: nai_calus
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

The cloaked figure shakes its head and turns to the Corellite. So sorry. I was contemplating the nature of the golden mean, and its significance to the construction of the universe. I must have forgotten my manners while off on a tangent! I am known as Janus, and I am but a humble servant of the Mistress Arcane. I can see by your garb that you are a worshipper of Corellon - a fine deity, and one I truly respect for his dominion over beauty, music and especially the Art. Tell me, are you a practitioner? says Janus hopefully, always eager to converse about the nature of magic.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2010-03-06 at 10:38 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

The one thing that probably sticks out the most, the Kobold, looks up to the Boss-Man.
    ((The "Boss-Man" is what Meepo calls Zernobog.))
    "Boss-Man, what is we doing? Meepo bored."
    Last edited by Dire Reverend; 2010-03-07 at 12:21 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Hearing the word 'magic', Stasi turns her head.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Ephram raises an eyebrow.

"Ahh, Ioun," he says dryly. "Yes, I follow Corellon, the true master of the arcane Arts. And I am a practitioner of magic, indeed. I follow an ancient Eladrin tradition that blends mastery of the sword and the Art. Some of my people claim that it was first taught to the Eladrin by Corellon himself, though such tales are often spurious."
    Every time you spell Corellon wrong, Gruumsh gets excited and kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.
    RIP Eltain Sharma, Chosen of Corellon, and Frank, his faithful Celestial Pegamule. May you find the peace you sought.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Sword magic! Simply marvelous! I have researched the ancient Eladrin traditions quite a bit, but never have I met a true practitioner! There are, as I am sure you are aware, tales that the Genasi or Githyanki developed sword magic first, but in my research on the topic, I have found the Eladrin style by far the most refined. Tell me, where did you learn this marvelous style of the Art? Janus pulls back his hood, seemingly giddy at the prospect of new knowledge. The shadows disperse to reveal a lavender and pale blue face covered in swirling patterns - the face of a deva.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #11

Stasi openly stares at the dva.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Zernobog, a Dark cloaked humanoid with a clearly visible black spiked tail, turns his head to Meepo and whispers "hold on. it sounds like these two may provide some fun for us. If not you can choose what we do next but I'd prefer to finish my ale first. Haven't had a good mug of the stuff in a while."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Ephram snorts derisively.

"Pah, Genasi and Githyanki. Their races haven't even been around long enough to have originated the style, from what I've read. My people, on the other hand... Well, there's a reason ours is the most refined style." He sips his drink. "I was trained, naturally, by an Eladrin master in the Feywild. I was apprenticed to him at a young age and I learned my skills from him." He eyes the man sitting next to him.

"A deva, are you? Not many of your kind around. Forgive my rudeness, but it sounds horrible. Living a thousand or more lifetimes, but never remembering more than the faintest of traces... Ugh. Think of all the history you must have lived through and seen and even instigated, but can't remember at all. The contributions you could make to the historian's field if you could only recall!" He sighs wistfully. "My people may live but once, and only for a few centuries, but I must admit I'd take my one life over your hundreds; at least I'll get to keep my knowledge and my memories of the people I love all the way through..." He looks back to the deva. "Do forgive me, I've had my own troubles in the past... And I'm something of a historian."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

As a deva, I do receive brief flashes of my past lives... but it is maddening how few concrete things I can remember. But I do not let it bother me overly so - after all, there are advantages to being born with a fully functional mind and body!. When the Eladrin mentions he is a historian, Janus becomes even more animated. A historian? Astounding! I do ever so love history - so much knowledge can be freely gained from simply gazing into its limitless depths... Tell me, do you have a specific field of study? A specialty, perhaps? I would simply love to exchange knowledge - after all, knowledge is next to divinity, in the eyes of the Mistress Arcane.
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Zernobog will turn to Meepo and whisper well, this is quickly looking like these people won't be very entertaining. in fact they sound kind of boring. Although the Deva much less so

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

An amazingly short dragonborn walks into the tavern, a large axe strapped to his back and dressed in scale armor. He grumbles to himself on his way accross the room, then sits at the bar. "Ale. Now."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"huh. A Dragonborn eh? You don't by chance worship Bahamut do you?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"What's it to you?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

I don't find many fellow worshippers. Just thought I'd ask.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, it so happens I do."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    "huh. A Dragonborn eh? You don't by chance worship Bahamut do you?
    "Meepo thinks Dragon Man had bad day. Or bad life."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Then allow me to welcome you. Here, I'll buy you an ale. What kind do you prefer?

Zernobog then turns to meepo

yes, that's indeed a possibility. hopefully just a bad day
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-03-08 at 12:22 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

"Whatever's cheapest."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, I insist. Meepo's right, you sound like you've had a rough time. Meepo and I have had our share of those so if you have a preference just say so.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

"Look, it's not that I don't appreciate the thought, but cheap ale means you can buy more of it, so you can get drunker before the money runs out."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Any specific reason you're trying to get drunk? trying to forget something or do you just find it fun? Either way I guess I'll buy you a couple drinks.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-03-08 at 12:47 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

"A little of both."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

well, I hope it gets better whatever it is.

Bartender! My Dragonborn friend here would like some ale! his preference is cheap so he can get drunk faster.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

"Some things don't get better."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

I can only imagine what it must take to believe that. Whatever happened I'm sorry.

Zernobog will finish off the last of his ale and ask Meepo
    you finished with yours? want another?