New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default [Deity] The words of the prophets are written on the restroom walls...

Porcelain
    Greater Deity (Neutral)

Though few recognize the fact, almost all peoples give reverence in some way or another to the great god Porcelain. When they feel ill, when bodily needs must be met, it is Porcelain who they kneel before. Even the most pious follower of other deities will give offerings numerous times a day.

Porcelain appears as a great white being of smooth, glowing stone. He most often takes the odd shape of a mounted bowl, his lips raised in song.

Porcelain's favorite weapon is the plunger. His symbol is of sparkling water twirling down a dark hole set onto a tiled background.

Portfolio: Refuse, secretions, purification

Domains: City, Commode (see below), Gluttony, Water

Cleric Training: The training of clerics is normally done by other holy men who partake of blessed spirits until they feel the call of Porcelain. A call so strong that the truly dedicated will rush to him and deposit their offering within the holy bowl.

Quests: Clerics of Porcelain tend not to travel extensively, but when they do they seek to convert the disbelievers and heretics, particularly those that instead give their devotions and offerings to Tree, or even Wall.
    Those that will not convert in spite of all wisdom will be shown the true holiness of Porcelain. The infidel will be held within so that the swirling waters may cool his brow and fill his ears until he hears the calling.

Prayers: Communion with Porcelain usually takes place about the shrine and are fervent and simple. "Oh please, oh please, come on!" or even a groaning of "Oh god..." are standard and well respected prayers. Fervent followers in the throes of worship may even begin to speak in high pitched whines and gurgles.

Temples: Temples of Porcelain are located most often in cities and towns, though most homes anywhere have at least one small temple. Public temples are tiled and usually contain numerous private shrines for individual devotions. Here they may sit in meditation, reading the holy magazines or papers. One can easily detect the particularly devout as the bowl runneth over with their offerings.

Rites: The rites of Porcelain often include great feasts of food and strong drink, with holy legumes served in plenty. One is encouraged to imbibe as much as one can so that their offerings to Porcelain will be of great abundance.

-=-=-=-=-

Commode Domain
    Granted Ability: You gain immunity to poison.

Commode Domain Spells
    1. Grease
    2. Whispering Wind
    3. Stinking Cloud
    4. Control Water
    5. Cloudkill
    6. Repulsion
    7. Prismatic Spray
    8. Clenched Fist
    9. Wish
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-03-08 at 10:42 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [Deity] The words of the prophets are written on the restroom walls...

A... toilet god?

This is absolutely genius!
    It even works as a domain!
    Now we need stats for a plunger though.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Deity] The words of the prophets are written on the restroom walls...

Now thats funny
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

You had me on the floor.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

You are a strange, strange man, Vorpal.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

This is the hardest I have laughed in months. I am going to read this several times today and therefore keep a smile constantly on my face.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Is there a Neon god somewhere? Will you elaborate on that?
    Last edited by Obrysii; 2010-03-08 at 10:35 AM.
    RIP Tasha, April 1986 to November 25th, 2008. 22 years and 7 months of being the best kitty ever. You will be missed forever.

RIP Finney Jr., June 1998 to March 18, 2011. Nearly 13 years of being the best goldfish ever. You, as with Tasha, will be missed forever.

8. - Top - End - #8

Do we even want to know what the holy water really is?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Golden Rain spell, anyone?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

This utterly fails.

Not a single pun based on 'throne' or 'John'.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Vorpal Tribble View Post
    Commode Domain
    Granted Ability: You gain immunity to poison.

Commode Domain Spells
    1. Grease
    2. Whispering Wind
    3. Stinking Cloud
    4. Control Water
    5. Cloudkill
    6. Repulsion
    7. Prismatic Spray
    8. Clenched Fist
    9. Wish
    I LOL'd. Hard. Kudos, good sir. You never cease to amaze amuse me.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

...I just got Prismatic Spray

Heh.

Oddly, Porcellain is a goddess in British parlance, as in "Praying to the Porcellain Goddess."
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

13. - Top - End - #13

You win, sir.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    This utterly fails.

Not a single pun based on 'throne' or 'John'.
    I curse you infidel. You will seek relief but none will come... for Porcelain will not accept your tribute.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-11-06 at 10:51 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tribble, you're consistently brilliant. You've outdone yourself this time though.
    Having trouble writing up hard stat blocks but I'm doing a lot of sharing ideas and soft mechanics lately.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

In the early hours of the morning, we kneel before the porcelain altar to contemplate the mistakes we made during the night, and pray to be relieved from the suffering that sits deep inside us.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

I like it... MIGHT even be able to work it into one of my campaigns...

[EDIT]This is a bit "stream of conciousness": The domain power looks a little strong... might want to limit that to INJESTED poison, and +4 versus everything else. The +4 by itself is a feat, but the other is a third or fourth level spell. Which is still weaker than Freedom of Movement, which you get about all you will generally need of from the Travel Domain. Actually, taking a cue from that domain you could have your cleric level add to all saves versus non-injested poisons. Actually, I could see toxic gasses and things that should not be touched in their too, so you could extend the immunity to everything BUT injected poisons if you liked.[/EDIT]

My main reason for posting this is to raise the question of whether two of my previous creations would be common creations of the more Evil of his clerics, or anathema that must be destroyed on sight. Reproduced below for conveince, Spoilered because this is a side-topic-ish sort of thing perhaps.

Gut Snake
    Spoiler
    Show
    Melth, Wizard of the 7th House: "So, are you sure you have empowered yourself with the correct divine energies for this undertaking?"

Tarek, Cleric of Pelor: "I have prayed to Pelor for my the spells I usually prepare when expecting to face the undead...."

Melth, Wizard of the 7th House: "You disappoint me comrade. How could you fail to gain as much as possible of the ability to summon cleansing water to wash the filth from us?"

Tarek, Cleric of Pelor: "Err... actually those were the FIRST spells I beseeched him for in my devotions... and then again at the end, just to be sure... In truth I was sorely tempted to forgo some of my slightly more powerful spells in favor of additional usages of Create Water, but I chose against it... I trust we all are carrying sufficient soap for this endeavor?"

Melth, Wizard of the 7th House: "I checked that myself, all are so equiped... it occurs to me that the research of an improved decanter of endless water that is capable of pouring forth soapy, as well as ordinary water might prove a logical endeavor for the future."

Tarek, Cleric of Pelor: "There may be wisdom in what you say..."

Gut Snake
    (Open Spoiler for Stat block table)
    Spoiler
    Show

{table="head"]~|Gut Snake, Tiny|Gut Snake, Small|Gut Snake, Medium|Gut Snake, Large|Gut Snake, Huge|Gut Snake, Gargantuan|Gut Snake, Colossal
    Size and Type|Tiny Undead|Small Undead|Medium Undead|Large Undead|Huge Undead|Gargantuan Undead|Colossal Undead
    Hit Dice|1/2d12 (3 hp)|1d12 (6 hp)|3d12 (19 hp)|6d12 (39 hp)|12d12 (78 hp)|24d12 (156 hp)|48d12 (312 hp)
    Speed|20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.|20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft., swim 20 ft.
    Initiative|+8|+7|+7|+7|+7|+6|+5
    AC|17 (+4 Dex, +2 size, +1 natural); touch 16; flat-footed 13|16 (+3 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural); touch 14; flat-footed 13|16 (+3 Dex, +3 natural); touch 13; flat-footed 13|15 (+3 Dex, -1 size, +3 natural); touch 12; flat-footed 12|16 (+3 Dex, -2 size, +5 natural); touch 11; flat-footed 13|17 (+2 Dex, -4 size, +9 natural); touch 8; flat-footed 15|17 (+1 Dex, -8 size, +14 natural); touch 3; flat-footed 16
    BAB|+0|+0|+1|+3|+6|+12|+24
    Grapple|-4|+2|+8|+15|+25|+39|+59
    Attack|(Grapple attempt +6 melee touch)|(Grapple attempt +4 melee touch)|(Grapple attempt +4 melee touch)|(Grapple attempt +6 melee touch)|(Grapple attempt +10 melee touch)|(Grapple attempt +19 melee touch)|(Grapple attempt +31 melee touch)
    Full Attack|(Grapple attempt +6 melee touch)|(Grapple attempt +4 melee touch)|(Grapple attempt +4 melee touch)|(Grapple attempt +6 melee touch)| (Grapple attempt +11 melee touch)|(Grapple attempt +19 melee touch)|(Grapple attempt +31 melee touch)
    Space/Reach|2 1/2 ft./0 ft.|5 ft./5 ft.|5 ft./5 ft.|10 ft./5 ft.|15 ft./10 ft|20 ft./15 ft.|30 ft./20 ft.
    Special Attacks|Constrict 1, Explosive Diarrhoetic Discharge, Flatulate|Constrict 1d2+3, Explosive Diarrhoetic Discharge, Flatulate|Constrict 1d3+4, Explosive Diarrhoetic Discharge, Flatulate|Constrict 1d6+6, Explosive Diarrhoetic Discharge, Flatulate|Constrict 1d8+10, Explosive Diarrhoetic Discharge, Flatulate|Constrict 2d6+16, Explosive Diarrhoetic Discharge, Flatulate|Constrict 2d8+22, Explosive Diarrhoetic Discharge, Flatulate
    Special Qualities|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 5/Slashing or Piercing, Undead Traits|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 10/Slashing or Piercing, Undead Traits|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 10/Slashing or Piercing, Undead Traits|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 10/Slashing or Piercing, Undead Traits|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 10/Slashing or Piercing, Undead Traits|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 10/Slashing or Piercing, Undead Traits|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 10/Slashing or Piercing, Undead Traits
    Saves|Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +2|Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2|Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3|Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5|Fort +4, Ref +7, Will +8|Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +14|Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +26
    Abilities|Str 10, Dex 19, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1|Str 14, Dex 17, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1|Str 17, Dex 17, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1|Str 19, Dex 17, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1|Str 25, Dex 17, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1|Str 33, Dex 15, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1|Str 41, Dex 13, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
    Skills|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
    Feats|Improved Grapple(B), Improved Initiative(B), Weapon Finesse(B)|Improved Grapple(B), Improved Initiative(B), Weapon Finesse(B)|Improved Grapple(B), Improved Initiative(B)|Improved Grapple(B), Improved Initiative(B)|Improved Grapple(B), Improved Initiative(B)|Improved Grapple(B), Improved Initiative(B)|Improved Grapple(B), Improved Initiative(B)
    Environment|Any|Any|Any|Any|Any|Any|Any
    Organization|Any|Any|Any|Any|Any|Any|Any
    Challenge Rating|1/4|1|2|4|6|10|15
    Treasure|None|None|None|None|None|None|None
    Alignment|Always Neutral Evil|Always Neutral Evil|Always Neutral Evil|Always Neutral Evil|Always Neutral Evil|Always Neutral Evil|Always Neutral Evil
    Advancement|None|2 HD (Small)|4-5 HD (Medium)|7-11 HD (Large)|13-23 HD (Huge)|25-47 HD (Gargantuan)|49-96 (Colossal)
    Level Adjustment|~|~|~|~|~|~|~[/table]

The creature is worm like and reeks like an open sewer. Its motions are that of a writhing coiled snake. It possesses no facial features except what might be a puckered, ring-shaped mouth.

Gut snakes are the intestines of corpses reanimated through dark and sinister magic. (See "Creation" below)

Combat
    Because of their utter lack of intelligence, the instructions given to a newly created gut snake must be very simple. They are generally end up simply attempting to grapple whichever foe is nearest to them and crush it to death before seeking a new target.

Flatulate(Ex): As a full round action once per minute a gut snake may noisily release a cloud of reeking putrid gas centered on itself which can sicken those within it. The radius of the cloud and the Fortitude D.C. (for the unadvanced version in each size class) to avoid being sickened for as long as the victim stays in the cloud plus 1d4+1 rounds afterward are listed on the following table. The DC is strength based. The cloud is invisible and persists for one round per hit die of the gut snake. A moderate wind (11+ mph) halves the duration of the cloud; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses the cloud in 1 round.
    {table="head"]Size|D.C.*|Radius
    Tiny|10|2 1/2 feet**
    Small|12|5 feet
    Medium|14|7.5 feet***
    Large|15|10 feet
    Huge|19|15 feet
    Gargantuan|27|20 feet
    Colossal|37|25 feet[/table]
    * In the general case (including for calculating D.C.s for advanced gut snakes) the formula for the D.C. is 10+1/2HD+Strength Modifier
    ** The square it occupies in other words.
    *** The square it occupies and all adjacent squares (or cubes) in other words.

Explosive Diarrhoetic Discharge(Ex): When a gut snake deals constriction damage it may immediately attempt an additional grapple check which does no damage, if it succeeds in this check it sprays the face of the grappled creature forcefully with a Diarrhoetic excrement. So forceful is this that it can sometimes penetrate even between closed lips and eyelids, get far enough into the nasal passages to not be easily removed quickly or even, in extreme cases, individual droplets may acheive sufficient velocity to penetrate the skin slightly. The grappled creature must immediately make a fortitude save (same DC as for the gas from Flatulate) or be nauseated and blinded for 2d4 rounds or until they get cleaned. Regardless of the result of this first save they must make another fortitude save against the same D.C. to avoid contracting Filth Fever with the usual onset time and ongoing D.C.'s for recovery and to avoid ability damage. HOWEVER if they fail 2 days of fortitude saves against the disease in a row there is a 25% chance they go blind until the disease is past and have a -4 penalty to all tasks involving visual acuity from that point forward due to the lingering effects of eye infection. A single Remove Blindness spell will undo both these effects and prevent any further chance of blindness for the duration of the disease. The D.C.'s are the same as for Flatulate.
    {table="head"]Size|D.C.*
    Tiny|10
    Small|12
    Medium|14
    Large|15
    Huge|19
    Gargantuan|27
    Colossal|37[/table]
    * In the general case (including for calculating D.C.s for advanced gut snakes) the formula for the D.C. is 10+1/2HD+Strength Modifier

Constrict (Ex): On a successful grapple check, a gut snake deals the listed amount of damage.

Usage:
    Use them alone or mixed in with other mindless undead. They are especially popular for guarding areas against physically weak, or very heavily armored attackers. Some necromancers like to replace gut snakes into the corpses (especially bipedal or winged ones) they came from, which are animated as zombies or other undead. When the larger creature makes a melee attack the gut snake will immediately attempt a grapple against the creature that the larger undead attacked. If the touch attack succeeds the gut snake will leave the belly cavity to attempt to constrict, if it misses the gut snake will return to the belly cavity. The GM may rule that spot and/or heal checks (to notice that the intestine has been severed completely from the other organs and the inter-connective tissue that keeps it coiled up is gone) to avoid being flat footed against this tactic are required. With their good resistance to bludgeoning they also are popular for dropping on foes from above since they are likely to survive the fall... There are even rumors of a few rare individuals (mostly undead) wielding them in the fashion of whips or spiked chains (they deal no damage if wielded in this fashion, but if released upon a successful hit the gut snake may start a grapple as if it had made its touch attack). The size of gut snake that could be wielded in this manner would be one size class smaller than the wielder if wielded as a spiked chain, or two size classes smaller if wielded as a whip.

Creating a gut snake
    First the intestines of one or more creatures must be harvested (including severing the connective tissues that keep the intestine coiled up, so that it may be laid out straight), each requiring a Heal or Profession(Butcher) check with a DC of 13, a failure ruins the intestine. This process takes 5 minutes per intestine for creatures of up to medium size, 10 minutes for a large creature, 20 minutes for a huge creature, 40 minutes for a Gargantuan creature, and 1 hour 20 minutes for a Colossal creature. The usual rules for taking 10 apply. The intestine(s) must be reasonably undecayed and mostly whole and the creature must have been corporeal and had a digestive tract that included intestines. Undead, and constructs, regardless of anatomy are not valid sources. Then either Animate Dead (provided the caster level is at least 10) or Create Undead, Lesser must be cast. The material components for the spell must be placed inside the anus of each intestine to be animated. Each such casting may create up to 2 HD worth of gut snakes per caster level (The desecrate spell doubles this limit). For intestines harvested from the corpses of herbivores and omnivores the size of the gut snake is equal to the size of the creature the intestines were taken from. If the creature the intestine was taken from was a carnivore then the resulting gut-snake is one size class smaller. Gut snakes have hit dice equal to the minimum listed for a gut snake of that size, plus extra hit dice equal to 1/2 the number of extra hit dice above the minimum that creature needed to achieve its size class whose intestine they are made from had (up to the maximum listed HD a gut snake of the particular size category it is at may be advanced to). Gut Snakes of greater than 20 HD may not be created using Animate Dead.
    The remaining corpse is still suitable for animation into most types of undead. Especially note that with the right skill checks, spells, etc it is possible to generate a skeleton, a gut snake, a pair of Floating Lungs, a Dark Heart, an Empty Skin, and a Hopping Stomach(which I have now posted) from a single corpse.

Spellcasting:
    Add 1 Small Gut-Snake to the list of things that may be summoned with Summon Undead I (and multiples for later spells).
    Add 1 Medium Gut-Snake to the list of things that may be summoned with Summon Undead II (and multiples for later spells).
    Add 1 Large Gut-Snake to the list of things that may be summoned with Summon Undead IV (and multiples for later spells).

Hopping Stomach
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well here it is, the third of the series of undead I developed, that together with the basic animated skeleton can allow up to four seperate undead to be created out of one corpse.
    Hopping Stomach
    Open Spoiler below for main stat block.
    Spoiler
    Show

{table="head"]~|Hopping Stomach, Fine|Hopping Stomach, Diminutive|Hopping Stomach, Tiny|Hopping Stomach, Small|Hopping Stomach, Medium|Hopping Stomach, Large|Hopping Stomach, Huge
    Size and Type|Fine Undead|Diminutive Undead|Tiny Undead|Small Undead|Medium Undead|Large Undead|Huge Undead
    Hit Dice|1/8d12 (1 hp)|1/4d12 (1 hp)|1/2d12 (3 hp)|1d12 (6 hp)|2d12 (13 hp)|4d12 (26 hp)|8d12 (52 hp)
    Speed|10 ft. (2 squares)|15 ft. (3 squares)|15 ft. (3 squares)|20 ft. (4 squares)|30 ft. (6 squares)|40 ft. (8 squares)|50 ft. (10 squares)
    Initiative|+6|+5|+4|+3|+3|+3|+3
    AC|24 (+6 Dex, +8 size); touch 24; flat-footed 18|19 (+5 Dex, +4 size); touch 19; flat-footed 14|16 (+4 Dex, +2 size, +1 natural); touch 16; flat-footed 13|16 (+3 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural); touch 14; flat-footed 13|16 (+3 Dex, +3 natural); touch 13; flat-footed 13|15 (+3 Dex, -1 size, +3 natural); touch 12; flat-footed 12|15 (+2 Dex, -2 size, +5 natural); touch 10; flat-footed 13
    BAB|+0|+0|+0|+0|+1|+2|+4
    Grapple|-21|-17|-12|-6|+1|+10|+20
    Attack|Spit +15 (Point Blank shot included) ranged touch (2 acid)|Spit +9 (or +10 if within 30 ft) ranged touch (1d3 Acid +1 if within 30 ft)|Spit +6 (or +7 if within 30 ft) ranged touch (1d6 Acid +1 if within 30')|Spit +4 (or +5 if within 30 ft) ranged touch(2d4 Acid +1 if within 30 ft, repeats next round)|Spit +4 (+5 if within 30 ft) ranged touch(3d4 Acid +1 if within 30 ft, repeats next 2 rounds)|Spit +4 (or +5 if within 30 ft) ranged touch(3d6 Acid +1 if within 30', repeats next 3 rounds)|Spit +5 (or +6 if within 30 ft) ranged touch(4d6 Acid +1 if within 30 ft, repeats next 4 rounds)
    Full Attack|(As Above)|(As Above)|(As Above)|(As Above)|(As Above)|(As Above)|(As Above)
    Space/Reach|1/2 ft./0 ft.|1 ft./0 ft.|2 1/2 ft./0 ft.|5 ft./0 ft.|5 ft./0 ft.|10 ft./0 ft.|15 ft./0 ft
    Special Attacks|Jumping Shot|Jumping Shot|Jumping Shot|Jumping Shot|Jumping Shot|Jumping Shot|Jumping Shot
    Special Qualities|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 5/Slashing or Peircing, Acid Resistance 5, Undead Traits|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 5/Slashing or Peircing, Acid Resistance 5, Undead Traits|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 5/Slashing or Peircing, Acid Resistance 5, Undead Traits|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 5/Slashing or Peircing, Acid Resistance 5, Undead Traits|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 5/Slashing or Peircing, Acid Resistance 5, Undead Traits|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 10/Slashing or Peircing, Acid Resistance 10, Undead Traits|Dark Vision 60 ft., D.R. 10/Slashing or Peircing, Acid Resistance 10, Undead Traits
    Saves|Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +2|Fort +0, Ref +5, Will +2|Fort +0, Ref +4, Will +2|Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +2|Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +3|Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +4|Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +6
    Abilities|Str 1, Dex 23, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1|Str 1, Dex 21, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1|Str 2, Dex 19, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1|Str 6, Dex 17, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1|Str 10, Dex 17, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1|Str 18, Dex 17, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1|Str 26, Dex 17, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 1
    Skills|*Jump -1|*Jump +1|*Jump +0|*Jump +2|*Jump+8|*Jump +13|*Jump+21
    Feats|Point Blank Shot|Point Blank Shot|Point Blank Shot|Point Blank Shot|Point Blank Shot|Point Blank Shot|Point Blank Shot
    Environment|Any|Any|Any|Any|Any|Any|Any
    Organization|Any|Any|Any|Any|Any|Any|Any
    Challenge Rating|1/4|1/3|1|2|4|5|6
    Treasure|None|None|None|None|None|None|None
    Alignment|Always Neutral Evil|Always Neutral Evil|Always Neutral Evil|Always Neutral Evil|Always Neutral Evil|Always Neutral Evil|Always Neutral Evil
    Advancement|None|None|None|None|3 HD (Medium)|5-7 HD (Large)|9-17 HD (Huge)
    Level Adjustment|~|~|~|~|~|~|~[/table]

This yellowish bag has two tubes sticking out of it. One of the tubes lays limp, but the other turns and twists as if seeking something.

Hopping Stomachs are the stomachs of corpses reanimated through dark and sinister magic. (See "Creation" below)

Combat
    Because of their utter lack of intelligence, the instructions given to a newly created Hopping Stomach must be very simple. They are generally end up simply attempting to Spit acid at whichever foe is nearest until it dies before moving on to a new target. If they are within the threatened area of an opponent they may (depending on their range and how carefully they were instructed) 5 foot hop directly away from it before launching their attack for that round.

Spit Acid(Sn): The hopping stomach spits a glob of acid which functions in many ways like Acid Arrow. It may be spat up to 5 range incriments and takes the usual penalities for range. On a successful hit it from a Hopping Stomach of at least Small size the acid also deals damage on one or more following rounds as described on the following table, unless somehow neutralized.
    {table="head"]Size|Range Increment|Damage (1)|Additional Duration
    Fine|5 feet|2 (2)|None
    Diminutive|10 feet|1d3|None
    Tiny|30 feet|1d6|None
    Small|100 feet|2d4|1 round
    Medium|150 feet|3d4|2 rounds
    Large|200 feet|3d6|3 rounds
    Huge|300 feet|4d6|4 rounds
    [/table]
    (1) If the target was within 30 feet when struck then increase this damage by 1 point for the Point Blank Shot feat (including on later rounds of damage, if any).
    (2) Includes the bonus since maximum range is 25' therefor all shots will be within 30' so Point Blank Shot bonus damage always applies.

Jumping Shot(Ex): As a full round action a hopping stomach may make a vertical leap, to attempt gain line of sight over some obsticle seperating it from a clear shot at a target. If it jumps high enough to clear the obstruction then it spits acid, albeit with a -2 penalty to the attack roll. This is most commonly used (by order of their instructions) to gain a clear shot over other undead screening them against attackers closing to melee with the stomach.

*Skills: Hopping Stomachs receive a +5 racial bonus to jump checks and use their dexterity instead of their strength on jump checks if this is better and always count as having a running start. They may always choose to take 10 on jump checks even if stress or distractions would otherwise prevent them.

Usage:
    Use them alone or mixed in with other mindless undead. They will often be stationed on an elevated area, often behind other mindless undead (so they will have a clear line of fire despite their smaller size. A somewhat common tactic is to put them behind holes in the manner of arrow slits(except generally more circular rather than elongated) or murder holes. The medium and larger ones have also been known to be used as (un)living seige weapons due to the large (if delayed) damage and significant range. There is also a rumor that at least one evil cleric had a suit of Greater Acid Resistance Full-Plate, that could animate itself to allow him to put it on or take it off in only 1 round without any other assistance, which he attached several Fine and Diminutive Hopping Stomachs to, plus one Tiny one in the middle of the back-plate, all with orders to attack anything that came close.

Creating a Hopping Stomach
    First the stomachs of one or more creatures must be harvested each requiring a Heal or Profession(Butcher) check with a DC of 10 (a successful removal of the intestines of a creature to create a gut snake makes this check unnecessary, however if the check to remove the intestine failed, a seperate check to remove the stomach may still be made). Note that ruminants have more than one stomach, each may be harvested and animated seperately. The stomachs must be reasonably undecayed and mostly whole and the creature must have had a digestive tract that included one or more stomach. Then Resist Elements must be cast once over each stomach to be animated and Melf's Acid Arrow must be cast over each stomach a number of times equal to the hit-dice of the hopping stomach that will result (minimum once per stomach). Finally, either Animate Dead (provided the caster level is at least 10) or Create Undead, Lesser must be cast. The material components for the spell must be be placed inside each stomach to be animated. Each such casting (regardless of which spell is used) may create up to 2 HD worth of Hopping Stomachs per caster level (The desecrate spell doubles this limit). Animate Dead can not create a Hopping Stomach of over 20 HD. The size of the Hopping Stomach is 2 size classes smaller than the size of the creature the stomachs were taken from. (((Make it 3 for ruminants???))) Hopping Stomachs have hit dice equal to the minimium listed for a Hopping Stomach of that size, pull extra hit dice equal to 1/2 the number of extra hit dice above the minimum that the creature it was harvested from needed to acheive its size class (up to the maximium listed HD a Hopping Stomach of the particular size catagory it is at may be advanced to).
    The remaining corpse is still suitable for animation into most types of undead. Especially note that with the right skill checks, spells, etc it is possible to generate a Skeleton, a Hopping Stomach, a pair of Floating Lungs, an Empty Skin, and a Gut Snake from a single corpse.

(The Skulking Bladders are still a work in progress or I would post those here too.)
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-03-09 at 11:51 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.