New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default New Heritage/Ancestral Feats <3.5>

Double Muscled
    Prerequisite: Strength 18 or more, 1st level
    Due to a mysterious birth defect, you have a second set of muscles in your body, allowing you to be stronger than others of your race
    Whenever your Strength Modifier would be used, treat is as 2 points higher. Also, as a benefit, you may weild weapons one size larger with no penalty, but you take a penalty when weilding small weapons as if you were Large

Slaad Heritage
    Prerequisite: Non-Outsider, Level 1
    Your family somehow was tainted with the blood of the Slaad
    You gain the Outsider (Chaotic, Native) type, and and a +2 to saves vs Dazed and Awed Effects

Child of the Light
    Prerequisite: Good Alignment, Level 1
    Your family has Celestials in its history, which has trickled down to you
    Your type changes to Outsider (Good), you gain a +2 to Knowledge (Religion) checks, and gain a 1/day Smite Evil ability as a Paladin. if you take levels in Paladin, simply add this to your total Smites/day

Child of the Night
    Prerequisite: Evil Alignment, Level 1
    Your family was seduced by evil, which has tainted you
    Your type changes to Outsider (Evil), You are healed by Negative Energy as an undead, and you gain a 1/day Smite Good ability similar to paladin. If you gain Smite Good through your class, add this to your total Smites/day

More Will Come Later...
    Last edited by ~LuckyBoneDice~; 2010-04-28 at 01:19 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: New Heritage/Ancestral Feats <3.5>

All overpowered, honestly.

Jotunbrud is Powerful Build light, and still a strong 1st level feat. Thus, Powerful Build is to strong. Perhaps as a feat to take if you already possess Jotunbrud. Also, the Strength 18 requirement means that this is tailor made to pump up only the already min-maxed fighter types. They need that at high levels, not 1st level.

Slaad Heritage is far to good. The Outsider type is pretty good, and immunity to Dazing is a really potent effect (and one of the rarest immunities in the game). That said, it's also a specific enough feat that it won't see use outside of builds built to get the most out of Daze immunity (Born of Three Thunders, Celerity, and the like).

Same with Rakshasa Heritage. Again, the Outsider type is decent (probably not worth a feat in and of itself, but it comes close), but the Magic Immunity is killer. I don't have SS on me to figure out just how much immunity that is, but...well...any is probably to much. Can you provide an exact amount?
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2010-04-28 at 12:15 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    All overpowered, honestly.

Jotunbrud is Powerful Build light, and still a strong 1st level feat. Thus, Powerful Build is to strong. Perhaps as a feat to take if you already possess Jotunbrud. Also, the Strength 18 requirement means that this is tailor made to pump up only the already min-maxed fighter types. They need that at high levels, not 1st level.

Slaad Heritage is far to good. The Outsider type is pretty good, and immunity to Dazing is a really potent effect (and one of the rarest immunities in the game). That said, it's also a specific enough feat that it won't see use outside of builds built to get the most out of Daze immunity (Born of Three Thunders, Celerity, and the like).

Same with Rakshasa Heritage. Again, the Outsider type is decent (probably not worth a feat in and of itself, but it comes close), but the Magic Immunity is killer. I don't have SS on me to figure out just how much immunity that is, but...well...any is probably to much. Can you provide an exact amount?
    1. I want to have a version of Jortunbrund that allows you to weild a larger weapon than normal. Hence this. I'll drop the prereq for 16 str instead

2. The idea was originally "immunity to random effects," but Daze is common enough with effects of that like

3. Basically, by 16th level, you are 100% immune to 8th level spells

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ~LuckyBoneDice~ View Post
    1. I want to have a version of Jortunbrund that allows you to weild a larger weapon than normal. Hence this. I'll drop the prereq for 16 str instead
    Why not just remove the -2 penalty from Monkey Grip? Jortunbrund+ is not a good idea, as Jortunbrund is already a good feat. You'd have to sacrifice something useful from it in order to add more to it.

2. The idea was originally "immunity to random effects," but Daze is common enough with effects of that like.
    Problem is that Daze immunity is just to potent, as it can be easily broken into little pieces. That, and with Alter Self, being an Outsider is a really strong option.

3. Basically, by 16th level, you are 100% immune to 8th level spells
    As I suspected. FAR to powerful. This one needs to go completely, or maybe just give you a +2 bonus to saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

5. - Top - End - #5

Okay, I scrapped rakshasa heritage in favor of 2 more, and remodled powerful build in favor of what I really want

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Does Child of the Night cause you to be harmed by Cure X Wounds spells?

There's a feat to be an outsider, if you're an elf. There's a feat to be treated like an undead in regards to cure/inflict spells. Bundling both of them together makes for a very attractive feat for some characters. The smite is just icing.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Glimbur View Post
    Does Child of the Night cause you to be harmed by Cure X Wounds spells?

There's a feat to be an outsider, if you're an elf. There's a feat to be treated like an undead in regards to cure/inflict spells. Bundling both of them together makes for a very attractive feat for some characters. The smite is just icing.
    Yes

and thanks