New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Exalted 2e] Once There Was A Maiden... Infernal IC thread

It is Realm Year 768, 6th day of Ascending Fire. While the seasons never change within Malfeas, all within are aware of the date because of a momentous occasion: The first day of Ascending Fire was the day that the Reclamation officially began, the first day that Infernal Exalted were allowed to stride the earth since beginning their training within Malfeas. This day, this month and year would be remembered forever as the day that changed Creation.

For the better of course.

While a few impatient or well-prepared Warlocks charged off to creation immediately, eager to show the world of their birth their power, the vast majority are hanging back for a wide variety of reasons. While Lilun and the other Unquestionables expect you all to get to work A.S.A.P., for now you are not being pressured to get underway.

As the only Infernals assigned to the Scavenger Lands, Yeddim, Amzen and Shard are very familiar with each other. With the Scavenger Lands being so relatively densely populated and so diverse it will be necessary for you to at least consult one another lest you accidentally set yourselves at cross-purposes.

At the moment, each of you are within the Basilica of Carousel Whimsy, home of Lilun and the Celebration Eternal. An open-air stadium many times the size of some cities within Creation, the Basilica is always alive with music and dance, filled with demons of every size, shape and circle as they party on to the neverending beat. At this moment, Lilun herself is blasting the crowd with one of her songs, dancing with abandon on stage while her voice effortlessly reaches every corner of her kingdom.

While no place within the Basilica could be termed 'quiet' or 'private', the three of you find yourself in a portion in which conversation is at least possible over Lilun's song. Nearby, demons in various states of inebriation mill about, mostly interested in grabbing drinks before returning to the party.

You have met the others here now to discuss what your plans are before leaving for creation.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: [Exalted 2e] Once There Was A Maiden... Infernal IC thread

"...and then I said 'you let go off that poor Sesslja right this instant mister, or I swear to Malfeas I'll beat you crying!' And he said 'Try me, witch!' only he didn't really said witch, and then I told him 'oooh you got it coming, you big old meanie!' and then I pulled out my daiklave and jumped at him, and he drew his sword, and he was all like 'ah ah!' but I was like 'oh oh!' and then we fought on rooftops and there were sparks everywhere and then he like made weird moves with his hands and there was a huge 'BOOOOOM' but then I leaped and 'BAAAM' in his face and then SLASH and POINK and bam ratatata boom boom and then he was on the ground and I was over him and I said 'ah! toldya!' and he was 'I surrender, I surrender!' and the Sesseljae were all 'yeah we love you' and everyone was happy and I swear it it happened like that and anyone who says different is a big fat liar."

Shard was talking excitedly, with large dramatic movements of her hand accompanying and illustrating her speech. The exact identity of who she was supposed to have fought, and the reason why, had long been lost in the half-coherent re-telling of her last awesome adventures, but she was not one to care much about narrative consistency. Now that she'd finished, she realized that she had totally forgotten her (strange, purple-greenish-looking) drink, and started sipping at it with obvious pleasure.

"But I'm sure Creation will be even more awshum! What do you intend to do once we're there? I'd like to find a super present to bring back to Lilun, but I'm afraid the other demons will scold me for not doing more important stuff."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeddim sat across from Shard listening intently to her story about combating some Man or Creature or something. Due to her way of quick talking and vibrant motions he quickly lost what she was going on about, only that it was a battle of some kind. The fact that she added sound effects made things even more interesting to listen to.

"Aha yes it sounds like a truly amazing combat and I have no doubt that it played out just like that" Yeddim said laughing while taking a small drink of his water. "I think that a gift for one who has taken care of all of us would be a great idea, and who says you can't acquire said gift in the process of doing your job?"

After answering her first question he began to think of the second question, soon they would be going back to Creation, and while it was true they all had important tasks to accomplish, Yeddims being to somehow take over and at some point destroy the shadow lands, it had been much to long since he had seen Creation.

"I think the first thing I shall do when I return is find out how my siblings are doing in Thorns. What about the two of you?"
    Last edited by Malodia; 2012-08-24 at 04:22 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Zombie

"I don't have anyone waiting for me," Shard said shrugging. "And I don't really have a place to go. I guess I'll just wander around, help people - free those who are oppressed by Creation's pettty tyrants and enlighten those who suffer needlessly. I don't know where to begin though."

She tilted her head to one side and smiled a strange smile.

"Maybe I could go with you! Would you mind if I went with you to Thorns? I'm sure whatever we do, we'd do it better at two."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

"Haha Of course you can join me, though I don't know how safe it will be. Last I was at Thorns an army was marching in on it." Yeddim said giving a slightly sad smile. It had been around 5 years now since he was last at Thorns and now that he was able to leave to go back to creation he wanted to check how things have been.

"Though I will ask that we keep the heroics to a minimum until I figure out if some people are still alive and safe, after that though I will help you in taking down evil tyrants."

6. - Top - End - #6

Zombie

"I'm not afraid! And I promise promise promise I will keep quiet until you tell me I can do what I want. Sweeear."And she meant it too, though Shard wasn't known for her steadfast hold on her promises. Nonetheless, right now she was totally convinced she could wait until the right time. Besides, she really wanted to go up to Creation - it had been such a long time, and her memories were all blurry. "I've never been to Thorn. The demons told me bad stuff happened there recently. An invasion, but not by mortals. Was that the moment when you were Chosen?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Amzen chuckles to himself, taking long swigs of a fizzing-orange green drink. 'I don't know how safe it'll be'? We are Green Sun Princes, Yeddim. People dumb enough to get in our way... well, they deserve what's coming for them. I don't think you quite understand that yet. He leans back, continuing to drink as though as though he was anywhere else in the world, casual beyond compare even in the incomparable splendour of the Basilica. In the back of his mind he heard the soft sobs of his coadjuator-such was the beauty of Lilun's craft that it could reduce even a critic known to kill lesser artists to tears.

And yet Amzen made it look like any other day.

As for what I intend to do? Simple. He leans forward with sudden purpose and resolve. Make sure everyone notices Amzen of Gem's next absence.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

"Indeed it was, I tried to save Thorns from an army by challenging the one leading it, sadly he was too much for me. I'm lucky I only lost my eye and got a few scars instead of losing my life." The scar where Yeddim's eye used to be started to burn slightly, it usually did when he thought about that time.

"While I will agree we are much stronger than most now there are still innocents in that city and I don't want to put them in danger by declaring war and attacking things at random, and I worry about this Mask of Winters fellow"

9. - Top - End - #9

Zombie

"I'm sure it's gonna be very fun! We're gonna go to Thorns, see if Yeddim's people are all right, and then if we want we can try to find that Mask and put a lot of very sharp things between his ribs. Unless he doesn't want us too, of course. I wouldn't want to put his people in danger if he'd rather avoid it. I know what it is to have family and not want them to be harmed."
    Shard's glass was now empty; she shook it desperately to try and get some last drop, but in vain. In the end she called to a pretty colored-skin demon lady to ask for a refill, and started twitching on her seat, restless.
    "Anyway, I'm getting bored. What should we do now?"
    Not all Chosen of Adorjan took much of their personality from their patron, but Shard certainly had the "constant movement" and "quickly bored" parts down.
    Last edited by Mechanix; 2012-08-29 at 02:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Now, surely, such "innocents"- he punctuates the term with a dismissive wave of his hand- would know full well enough to stay away from the champions of hell, wreathed in green fire, swinging around weapons larger than many of them are tall. And, well, those who don't wouldn't survive long in any other case. Least of all an invasion...

And we must face facts, Yeddim. Thorns is a shadowland. How many people would you suppose survived an invasion which brought the underworld itself through into Creation? And what use would such a ruler have for mortal lives? I doubt their safety is a concern. Corpses do not need protected.

Amzen grins at the young Scourge's enthusiasm. C'mon then, we're bound to find some drunkard way in over his head... he says, rising from his seat and nodding at the door. One was never far away from a fight in the Demon City.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.