New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: 'R.S. Ophiuchi A/B' - IC

The Cleric stares at the door. He doesn't even seem to register the mutilated Tech-Priest's in front of him. Slowly, the Cleric reaches down to his belt, slowly draws them, and then crosses them over his head. "I am the earthly agent of His Divine Punishment..." the priest mutters. "My sole purpose is the destruction of all who would dare to oppose the God-Emperor of Mankind. May my blades bleed the sin from their unclean bodies, and their finals thoughts be those of remorse and repentance. May their deaths serve as their penence, and may their souls find absolution in oblivion. For the glory of the Imperium, and in the name of the Emperor... Amen."

He quickly slashes the blades together, and swings them down to his sides. Sparks fly as they cross before the Cleric's face, briefly highlighting the grinning features of his haunting visage, and the blades begin to whine as they whir at their maximum speed. "Are you ready to die for you beliefs, my fellow Inquistiors?" the aged warrior grins in what can only be described as a twisted mixture of bliss and rage.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

"Priest, you think that we should target the psyker first if there is one? The Rogue whispers, as begin the scout the building, his stummer

Concealment +40: (1d100)[17]
    Silent Move +30 (1d100)[46]

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Victus tilted his head towards the cleric, "When did we receive such substantial promotions?" He readied his weapon and dropping into a crouch, quickly scooted along the wall, mirroring Euphrati across the way.

Spoiler
    Show

Silent Move(40/2 for not having the skill-10 for fatigue=10. Awesome!): (1d100)[91]

Concealment(40/2 for not having the skill+30 if it's dark enough for the cloak to help-10 for fatigue=10 or 40):(1d100)[41]

Awareness(40+10 for heightened sight, maybe+20 for thermal-10 for fatigue=40 or 60):(1d100)[45]

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

THE CLERIC looks bemused for a short moment after Victus' remark, before turning his attention towards Euphrati. "The Psyker is mine," he grins, twirling his chain-knives in a dazzling flourish. "I will distract and neutralize him while the rest of you focus on the other heretics. I stand the best chance of getting to him, glory to the Emperor, but I'm afraid I won't be able to do anything to him if most of my upper body gets shot off along the way. So keep the others busy, and I'll make sure the last sin he commits is dying in service of the wrong cause..."

The Cleric then faces the gate, and smirks. "Let me know when you're all ready, and we can begin to Reckoning..."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Now now techie, no need to get riled up. If it means anything, you look like a true machine specifically designed to get on the nerves of those around you." Grim jokes.

"Chyip, I'll not fault you and yours for being suspicious. As we well know, there's heretics about and that does not bode well for any Emperor, or Machine faring peoples like ourselves. Now you've probably seen some fighting, outside of well...here," Grim gestures around the room, to cover his quick scan for his weapons with his eyes.
    "If you'd humor me and my associate here; Just how bad have things gone on this planet?"

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness: Target: 23
    (1d100)[45]

Inquiry+20: Target: 45
    (1d100)[63]

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As Iacton follows the group and listens to the cleric's claim for taking down the psyker, he forms up a little smirk. I shall assist you Cleric in fighting the psyker.
    Faith in the Emperor.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Cleric looks at the Psyker for a moment without much expression, as if summing him up. He then grins, and remarks: "So be it. Its been awhile since I've seen a Psyker combat another Psyker, and I always enjoy a good show. He'll either be too busy with you to notice me trying to eviscerate his heathen bowels, or the psychic feedback from both of you straining your abilities will cause both your brains to explode. Violently. But it would be quite an honorable act of selfless service to the Glory of the Emperor, I'd say. And I must admit, its quite a glorious way to go. Hard to get the images out of your head, though. The stains are pain, too..." he shrugs flippantly, casually juggling his knives with anticipation.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Iacton has a straight face. Hope fully my head will not explode.
    Faith in the Emperor.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Cleric chuckles darkly. "You're not the first person I've heard say that. I don't know if its sad or funny to think of all the times I've heard it, actually, and the results that followed. But I'm sure things will go in your favor. The Emperor Protects..." he smirks.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Up above

Chyip has flung the weapons aside, unceremoniously. They lie about five metres away, by the Speeder.

Oh. Theyve gone very. Badly. Hit bad. Lots of fronts. Suddenly all those nobles showed they werent really nobles. Suspicious? Sure right. Heretics everywhere. Everywhere. I should say.

Hearing this skitarii's broken gothic, has a strange, enervating effect, almost soporific, as he drones on and on. You almost don't notice his slow unholstering of a weapon, its long barrel seemingly growing out of his augmetic hand. It gently presses into Archilius' abdomen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative time, gentlemen.

(1d10+2)[5].

_______

Down below

Victus, Iacton, and THE CLERIC begin making their way through the storage facility, weapons out, and ready. The building's air is thick with dust, stirred up recently - it billows, almost like the morning mist.

And there they are. Picked out clearly on Victus' thermal vision, a picket of glowing figures, slightly hotter than human body temperature, defending a smaller group who seem to be laying hands on the far wall, pawing at it.

As he stares at them, he trips, fumbling over a box of ammunition. For an agonsing moment, it teeters, then falls, several thousand stub angrily bullets rattling and skidding over the floor. The leader - a slim figure in ornate armour - turns, levelling a bulky lasgun, then, seeing your apparently small number, turns dismissively back to the ritual.

Would you look at that - more of the vampire's lackeys! Suppress them, in His name.

The rest of the cultists, however, are not so flippant. They take cover, drawing their own weapons, drawing beads with an unnatural precision.

Spoiler
    Show
    INITIATIVE!

(1d10+3)[12] for the cultists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Talkkno View Post
    Ecks Dee, what are your mental disorders?

11. - Top - End - #221

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d10+5)[6]

Grim, despite his disdain for Archilius, is galvanized at the sight of the weapon.
    "Pal, I been looking to do in a techie today and you'll do just fine."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

"MisSsster Grim- Have you ever heard a machine sSscream before?"

Without warning, the tech-priest lunges at his victim. For a fraction of a second, his robe opens- and from its depths several cables shoot out and wrap themselves around the Skitarri. Amongst them, a larger one- ending with a large pincer, makes for his neck, assisting the blur that is Hexx with the grapple.

Spoiler
    Show
    [(1d10+4)[7] for Initiative, but it is impossible for me to lose. Here's a grapple attempt, If he's in Melee: (1d100)[37]. If he isn't, its a charge instead- the point, i want him locked in melee :P ]
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-04-18 at 12:08 AM.
    "Have You seen the Yellow Sign?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi

DM says: WHY!? WHY!? WHY?!
    DM means: NO! NO! NO!!!
    Player hears: GOOD JOB PLAYER! DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

Amazing avatar of "The King In Yellow" by Ceika

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Suppress us? In His Name?" thd old priest asks, arching an eyebrow and flashing a psychotic grin. "You blind, blind fool. Let me open your eyes to the true Glory of the Emperor..." he croons, before his eyes narrow and his face loses all expression. He then flies into action. "DEATH OR GLORY, BOYS!!" THE CLERIC roars, racing towards the armored heathen with blinding speed.

Spoiler
    Show

Spending half an action to move towards the heretic leader.
    Second half of turn will be spent once I figure out what I can do...
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2010-04-18 at 12:07 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

We have the Emperor at our side. Always.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1d10+2.
    Faith in the Emperor.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

Swearing, Victus flipped safety off on the hellgun as he brought it up to a firing position.

Spoiler
    Show

(11d10+4)[47]

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That should have been (1d10+4)[14], I don't know how I didn't notice that when I posted it.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Realizing that he won't be able to close the distance quick enough to land a hit before the enemy can react, the old priest decides he needs to sacrifice speed for strength. Still running towards the armored heretic leader, he quickly twirls his daggers, shuts them down, then holsters them on the front of his belt. Just as he nears the heathen, he springs into the air and leaps towards his target. Reaching behind his back, he grips the handle of his two-handed chainsword, and swings it up over his shoulders. The weapon's motor roars to life, and its ferocious teeth begin to spin and whine with terrifying speed. As he falls towards the enemy leader, THE CLERIC brings the Eviscerator down on with a beastial roar of "FOR THE EMPERORRRRRRR!!!!!"

Spoiler
    Show

I already spent half my turn running towards the baddie. Hopefully I made it... If so, I spend a Free Action (quick draw) to switch my knives for my Eviscerator. I then spend the rest of my turn to attack the armored enemy leader!

A friend of mine has my rulebook... So I have no idea what mods there are for my attack.

Attack: (d%)[90] vs 45

Blademaster: (d%)[60] vs 45, to reroll if missed...

I forget how much damage the Eviscerator does... I don't have the Inquisitor's Handbook. But I do know it does 2d10s... I also don't know the formula to show multiple dice results. Dang, I suck! XD

(1d10)[10](1d10)[9]

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Up above

Archilius moves with quite an unbecoming speed - flowing, rather than darting, round to the side of the Servitor and pinning its limb back, the wrong way. Unfortunately, servitor arms are made using ball-joints that work every which way, and so Hexx is comparatively unsuccessful in his attempt to pin its arms behind its back. It's incredibly strong, and it easily reaches behind itself, fumbling to pluck off the annoyance, even as its eyes bulge with the tension around its neck. All the opening that Grim needs, though - it's helpless, for the moment, at any rate.

Down below

Meanwhile, down below, a sound like metal tearing fills the warehouse. Although it can only be coming from the ritualists at the back, it sounds oddly distant. The hairs on the back of your necks prick up.

At the same time, the actual sound of tearing metal is audible from the door behind you. Having failed to cut through the door, the Skitarii have simply begun using the tank to batter it down. The warehouse door is becoming battered, and the tank's sleek shape is visible through the cracks, but it'll be a while before you have support.

Spoiler
    Show
    OK, here's the map.

Mid-red squares are chest-high obstacles, or scalable platforms/crates, darker red ones are pillars to the ceiling.

Capital gold letters are cultist stormtroopers, lower-case ones are ritualists, and the yen sign denotes the leader.

Sorry I forgot to add the scale, but let's say the room's 40m by 25m.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

(Assuming my previous post didn't happen...)

THE CLERIC twirls his chain-knives and quickly holsters them on the front of his belt. He then begins to move forward, quickly clambering up onto the stack of boxes directly to the group's left. Ascending the chest-high barricade, the old priest looks back at the team, fire burning in his eyes. "DEATH OR GLORY, BOYS!!" the veteran warrior roars, reaching behind his back to grip the handle of the Eviscerator as he leaps over the crates. "FOR THE EMPERORRRRRR!!!" he howls just as his feet touch the ground, swinging the dual-handed chainsword over his shoulders and igniting the beastly weapon's motor. As the Eviscerator revs to life and the jagged teeth begin to whine, THE CLERIC begins his charge towards the enemy position.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Round Run to get behind a barricade on the left side of the room as close to the enemy as possible, preferably the middle one, and Free Action to switch to Eviscarator.

20. - Top - End - #230

MonkGuy

Grim darts towards his autogun taking it up quickly, flipping the selector to Manstoppers and pointing it at Chyip, staring right down the sights, while sneering:
    "Techie, I know this is a bad time but, MOVE THE GRUG OUT THE WAY!"

Spoiler
    Show

Half-Move towards weapons.
    Free-action (Quick Draw) Ready Autogun
    Half-action Delay until Archilius moves, at which point I'll fire a single shot

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

"You think you can harm It?" The Techpriest snickers and disengages, moving away from the Skitarii.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Victus simply charged across the room, moving from cover to cover, trying to get closer before shooting.

Spoiler
    Show

Nothing special here, just 24 meters north? (upwards on the map)

23. - Top - End - #233

MonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Delayed action: Standard attack
    Ballistic Skill: 50
    Fatigue -10, Range (assuming short, maybe pointblank; clarification appreciated; +10)
    Target: 50
    (1d100)[6]
    Assuming a hit: (1d10+3)[6] AP 3

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Up above

In the moment that Archilius disengages, and the Chyip is still reeling, Grim fires, and, by the Emperor, his shot rings true. It does not strike particularly hard, and the Skitarii's carapace blunts most of the damage, but that doesn't matter - it unbalances him in just the right way. He stumbles, gun in hand, a spray of greyish fluid arcing out from under its shell - then, head down, blinded, he roars, and charges in the direction of the shot, gun held out in front of him like a lance.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[47] vs. 15 for Chyip's mad charge. Grim takes a dodge test at very easy (+30) on the off chance that he hits, and, then, Saldre's go.

Down below

You succeed in darting through the forest of boxes, support struts, girders, and the other verdure of the urban sprawl, skidding into cover down behind the second row of pillars - just about out of sight. The armoured cultists are slow to refocus on you, having seen the Salamander begin to force its way into the building, but three see you, turn, and lay down a frankly ridiculous volley of lasfire. Either they're panicky, or they have the supplies to be this profligate with ammunition, or both.

Spoiler
    Show

Suppressing fire, x3. Hard (-20) pinning tests from THE CLERIC and Victus, plz.

(1d100)[13] vs. 20. (1d10-3)[5] damage if it hits (including cover).
    (1d100)[64] vs. 20. (1d10-3)[2] damage if it hits (including cover).
    (1d100)[74] vs. 20. (1d10-3)[6] damage if it hits (including cover).

Secret GM roll. (1d3)[1].

A single scorching lasbolt hits Victus in the shoulder. It's attenuated by having passed through several layers of cardboard, and by the guardsman's armour, but it burns nonetheless.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 wounds.
    Last edited by Ecks Dee; 2010-04-26 at 05:49 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Archilius slowly down for a moment- waiting for the guardsman to act before he attacks the skitarii once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Ima delay my turn after the guardsman shoots as not to be in the line of fire. If that is not possible, or I cant ready two half actions, then I will aim and ready a half action to attack afterward]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

26. - Top - End - #236

MonkGuy

Grim, feeling cocky as he easily evades Chyip's clumsy charge, takes a step backward, and bringing up his autogun, he says "Open wide!" as he snaps off another shot

Spoiler
    Show
    Grim spends a half action to move back 1m, not disengaging, so Chyip gets a free attack
    Grim's attack (provided he doesnt die)
    BS: 50
    Mods: -10 fatigue, +30 point blank range
    Target: 70
    (1d100)[53]
    Damage if hit: (1d10+3)[10] AP 3

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Up above

Reeling in impotent fury, Chyip blunders past Grim, giving him all the time, opening and room he could ever want to put a bullet into him. He does, smashing another bullet into the thing's heart. This strikes true, and strikes hard, jerking the Skitarii up in the air before he can find his feet again.

When he picks himself up - rather too quickly - he turns, leering. His body's not bleeding, any more, although it's clearly dangerously close to falling apart. Only machine parts, and the odd green spark, can be observed through the wounds, however. He slowly levels his gun again.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

"You can leave him to me, misSster Grim- you should rejoin the othersSs."

Archilius charges the Skitarii and drives the sharp ends of his visisector into any exposed flesh he sees.

"Now- let'sSs sSsee hear It sSscream..."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[76]- (1d5)[3] Miss!
    Last edited by Saldre; 2010-04-29 at 12:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Currently Hosting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing!

Currently Playing In:
    Spoiler
    Show
    On The Lookout!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Victus hissed in pain and vexation as the bolt of energy bored its way into the meat of his shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show

WP:40-10(fatigue)-20(hard)
    Pinning Test:(1d100)[17]

If I make it...
    BS:50-10(fatigue)+10(S-A B)
    Semi-Auto Burst:(1d100)[97]
    Last edited by ♠Spade♠; 2010-05-02 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Had to remove some text. I can't act if I'm pinned.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

THE CLERIC has to halt his advance as a torrent of las-rounds spray in his direction. With reflexes not seen often amongst people his age, let alone normal humans, he manages to lean and twirl from side to side, energy beams streaking through the air barely inches from his face. However, this dance of death is the only thing keeping him alive, so for him to stop now or try to advance further would be a bad idea.

Spoiler
    Show

Pinned means I can't act, right? So if I gotta waste my turn, might as well waste it in style...