New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned

Default Re: The Vorpal Tribble's Creation Compendium (Now with more cowbell!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    No the link itself is broken. I think you have an extra "url=" in there. The link goes to the right place but when you click it it doesn't work.
    Ooh, I tried the link in my 'recent 10' and it worked. Didn't think to check the other. Fixed
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-03-17 at 08:33 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks Muchly.

I was actually expectin the cowbell to be included as an item of some kind. Possibly actually allowing you to drive away the reaper, albeit briefly.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Compendium] The Vorpal Tribble's Creation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    He's probably thinking of the Symbol spells.
    Actually, no, I let my player blast the swarm with Power Word: Pain. Which I should not have. In my defense, I was so tired I could barely type at the time.

As I (should have) said, my reports on those encounters are probably not going to be very helpful, but you did say that's the condition for use, and they are your creations.

So yeah, the Biting Wind won't survive even relatively moderate ongoing damage for very long, but Power Word: Pain won't provide that, so unless the players manage to corner and floor it somehow and whip out the Incendiary Grease, that probably won't matter much at the level you'd be encountering it.
    "Once upon a time, a story was never finished..."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

Some of this helped me with a homebrew I'm currently making. It's a fairly big one.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

I have noticed an inconsistency with the Blossom domain

it lists Transmute Water to Honey as level 2 in the table and level 1 in the spell.

I presume the plan is that the spell is meant to be level 1 and goodberry shunted to level 2?

Also, two spells are listed as Blossom 5
    Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2010-03-27 at 05:22 AM.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    I have noticed an inconsistency with the Blossom domain
    ...and fixed.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

Ok, just found another batch of feats. I honestly don't even remember posting half of this...
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-04-16 at 09:36 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Gotta know, was the "In the Walls" template in any way inspired by that episode of Supernatural?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Gotta know, was the "In the Walls" template in any way inspired by that episode of Supernatural?
    Yup

Well, that and a certain H.P. Lovecraft story.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Y'know, someone was requesting a River Tam type build and I just realized that though I hadn't watched it at the time, my Dark Waltzing, minus the fey theme, fits her perfectly.

Wild, insane grace rather than rage.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Darn, and I was thinking a magical cow bell would go perfectly for my Angel Dairymaids.... I like the blue heifers. Why do they have slam instead of hoof attack(s)? You mention that they attack with their hooves.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Why do they have slam instead of hoof attack(s)? You mention that they attack with their hooves.

Debby
    Made it four years ago. Beats me why I gave it slams then, lol. Will adjust.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

Added a handful of lost spells and a couple forgotten angels that I ran across completely by chance.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-01-22 at 01:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Banned

Ok, just spent about six hours going through all my PrC's.

Fixed broken links, updated them, gave them a tune-up, did a little rewriting, and generally made sure they were usable and correct and clean looking.

This is just one of the offshoot efforts of my trying to get back into my A Dying Ember campaign, which upon looking through common PrC's I had listed I saw how much they needed a polish.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2011-01-22 at 01:24 PM.