New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana Combo

So, third thread. While not nearly as prolific posters as Girl Genius and Dominic Deegan thread posters and mostly discussing the game rather than the comic, we are still awesome. Go us.

First thread is here.
    Second thread is here.
    Comic is here.
    Comic's first page is here.

Also, we'd like to remind you that frequent peruse of these threads might allow you to hear the Whispers of the Neverborn. Tread carefully.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

While I'm open to suggestions for replacing the title, do note that this is the maximum length the thread title will allow.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Which reminds me. Why does Misho get so worked up about people calling his key a keyblade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Which reminds me. Why does Misho get so worked up about people calling his key a keyblade?
    He doesn't want to get sued.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Plus, IT'S NOT A KEYBLADE!
    it's a key that can function as a blade

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Plus, IT'S NOT A KEYBLADE!
    it's a key that can function as a blade
    So it's similar to a knife wrench?

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post

Also, we'd like to remind you that frequent peruse of these threads might allow you to hear the Whispers of the Neverborn. Tread carefully.
    IN what way is this a problem?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    Given the sheer number of Fair Folk out there, it is impossible to generalize. But, I would have to say that a great deal of them genuinely like Creation, and don't want it destroyed, only... weakened. Make the entire place into Middlemarches, with a few places of Bordermarshes for Creation-born to live in so that they don't die from all the mutations for instance.
    I agree. Most of the Raksha that in fact want Creation gone probably remain as unshaped.

But the notion of the Fair Folk 'protecting creation' makes me laugh. Especially because of how they would likely do it. And what their definition of 'protecting' would be.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

...the new comic might not be up yet, but JUST from the comment, I can tell Fury's going to do something hilariously inappropriate.

She's probably going to get away with it, too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

...holy crud. I was right on both points.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    ...holy crud. I was right on both points.
    It's not up for me!

Clearly, you are a witch.

EDIT: Oh, no, there it is. Take down the stake, boys. Another day...
    Last edited by Revlid; 2010-03-19 at 02:32 AM.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Considering how long we will be stuck with the title, then i really think we should put some more thougts into it.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Not-A-Keyblade Understanding works for me.

Falafel-Is-Awesome Prana less so. I don't like calling him Falafel. First and Forsaken Lion, or FaFL, not a freaking fast food.

How about: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-A-Keyblade Understanding is mandatory

Mmmm... Not sure about that either.
    Last edited by Weimann; 2010-03-19 at 04:01 AM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

I realized something that bugs me about the comic.

Why are Flame and Ben still alive?

I mean, they were incapacitated during the fight with Nemen Yi. By all means, our group should have killed them instead of throwing them into the woods. Unless they assume that they are so utterly incompetent that their next incarnations would be more successful than them no matter what, it makes no sense to let them live.
    Last edited by The Rose Dragon; 2010-03-19 at 04:09 AM.
    I use black for sarcasm.

15. - Top - End - #15

Killing them would have taken time. Also, Racer is too interested in sparkling to bother killing his enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

How about: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-A-Keyblade Understanding is mandatory
    What about "Keychain of Creation 3: Not-A-Keyblade Understanding required"
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Killing them would have taken time. Also, Racer is too interested in sparkling to bother killing his enemies.
    They were incapacitated. Even if they maxed out Ox-Body Technique, your raw damage is in the 20s. It would take a minute for each, tops.
    I use black for sarcasm.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, I've been reading the Trilogy of the Second Age books recently, (Chosen of the Sun, Beloved of the Dead, Children of the Dragon if I can find it anywhere). They're Exalted books released around the same time as first edition core. It's been an example of people doing just what Fury suggests is a bad idea.

Anyway, the main villains in this book series are so ludicrously vindictive towards each other that most of their victories are overshadowed by the punishments they earn for their shortcomings. Early in the first book, an Abyssal named Ratcatcher is mouthing off about how much ass he kicks, and it annoys his superior, another Abyssal named The Prince of Shadows. The Prince then orders Ratcatcher to stay silent for seven years... that if he speaks even once in that time, his life is forfeit.

Now, Ratcatcher is the Prince's tracker, so like, the very next time he's tracking, he has to pantomime his directions, and the Prince is entirely unable to get useful information out of the pantomimes. Finally Ratcatcher gets fed up and blurts out, "The tracks are being concealed and misdirected by a Forest spirit, we need to go find it and beat it up if we want to find this guy."

But rather than say, "Okay, good job figuring that out from just tracking footprints, if you hadn't told me we would've been going in the wrong direction for leagues and completely lost our quarry." instead he says, "You dared speak?" and reaches for his weapon. Ratcatcher has to basically beg his master's mercy for doing his job well despite his master's stupid, arbitrary restrictions.

The whole book is full of stuff like that.
    A review of the best scifi/fantasy book you will have read, and a review of the even better sequel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    You do your avatar proud

Member #29 of the Tin-foil Hat Alliance

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

That's Exalts for you.

Seriously, I can totally see ultimate power doing that to people's common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine
    What about "Keychain of Creation 3: Not-A-Keyblade Understanding required"
    Works for me.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Soo...Ben and Flame got away with failure after all? It seems like FaFL is in kinda good mood, seeing as he doesn't immidiately punish Fury or even seem particularly annoyed at the defeat of Ben & Flame... I wonder what that "new task" of theirs will be?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

@Name Suggetions: Keychain of Creation 3: Glorious Assumption of Bladed Keys.

@Fury: From what I gather, her running mouth seems a common theme(Flame quieted her without thinking about it), so there would be little reason to punish her for it now if it's been a normal facet of her personality since her inception as a minion.

@FaFL: Font's a bit large, I think.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2010-03-19 at 07:17 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Fury might have a bit more wiggle room than everyone else, since she's much more irreplaceable than the Abyssals. If Ben mouths off and the Lion decides to get rid of him, all he needs to do is find another decent candidate and go through the time and trouble of training him. If he kills Fury, her Exaltation is gone, and he's got one less Exalt to work with.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, she's downright adorable. Who would want to kill that little fanged grinny psycho face? SHE GIVES FLAME HUGGLES.

(Spoiler'd for useless and unbelievably stupid exalted questions from someone who knows almost nothing of it bar what he misunderstands from the comic and you guys)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I vaguely know that solars and lunars are somehow paired up, and the abyssals are created via something sort of like taking a solar's exaltation and messing with it. So I'm guessing Fury is Flame's match-partner thing? If so, does lunars being on this particular side usually happen after the exaltation is screwed with, or is it rare, or what? I know nothing.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drakyn View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I vaguely know that solars and lunars are somehow paired up, and the abyssals are created via something sort of like taking a solar's exaltation and messing with it. So I'm guessing Fury is Flame's match-partner thing? If so, does lunars being on this particular side usually happen after the exaltation is screwed with, or is it rare, or what? I know nothing.
    Yes, Fury is probably Flame's paired Lunar. The number of Lunars with a close enough bond with their Abyssal as to want to join up with the Deathlords, vs. just going nuts about it and continuously hunting and slaughtering their now-Abyssal buddies, is left intentionally vague.

It's implied in the game that at least one First-Age Lunar is close to the latter route when dealing with her Solar husband, so you better believe the Flame/Fury pairing doesn't happen every time. Outside of that, though, a lot's up to the Storyteller. At least one other Lunar/Abyssal pairing is depicted in the comic, and is just as twisted as you'd think.
    Last edited by Indon; 2010-03-19 at 01:28 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

My. A Deathlord not unnecessarily punishing people for failure due to impossible to foresee circumstances?

I'm going to have to revise my opinion on Deathlords. They might actually be competent instead of Bond villains . Lion just got himself a few motes of respect from me.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I realized something that bugs me about the comic.

Why are Flame and Ben still alive?

I mean, they were incapacitated during the fight with Nemen Yi. By all means, our group should have killed them instead of throwing them into the woods. Unless they assume that they are so utterly incompetent that their next incarnations would be more successful than them no matter what, it makes no sense to let them live.

May have something to do with Misho having compassion 5?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    May have something to do with Misho having compassion 5?
    This.

On Fury getting away with it: you guys are right- she can't be replaced. At least, not as easily.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Indon View Post
    Yes, Fury is probably Flame's paired Lunar. The number of Lunars with a close enough bond with their Abyssal as to want to join up with the Deathlords, vs. just going nuts about it and continuously hunting and slaughtering their now-Abyssal buddies, is left intentionally vague.

It's implied in the game that at least one First-Age Lunar is close to the latter route when dealing with her Solar husband, so you better believe the Flame/Fury pairing doesn't happen every time. Outside of that, though, a lot's up to the Storyteller. At least one other Lunar/Abyssal pairing is depicted in the comic, and is just as twisted as you'd think.
    Thanks a bunch.
    I just realized that I asked for information on the in-universe story mechanics behind two RPG-based-webcomic characters, consisting of a dour peruvian mummy and his partner at the soulecular level, an ultra-cheerful woman with a brassiere made of human skulls who turns into animals. And then I got it.
    I like the internet and the people on it.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    My. A Deathlord not unnecessarily punishing people for failure due to impossible to foresee circumstances?

I'm going to have to revise my opinion on Deathlords. They might actually be competent instead of Bond villains . Lion just got himself a few motes of respect from me.
    Well, it's implied in the first age books that the older Solars have incredibly jacked-up personalities as a result of the progression of the Curse.

I'd suspect that the Deathlords, due to their... close relationship... to the first-age Solars, probably need to expend Willpower to do sensible things rather than their insane ghost-whims.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakyn View Post
    And then I got it.
    In 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Indon; 2010-03-19 at 01:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post

Well, look at it this way: he can easily bust asses of both Ben and Flame if they mess up something that actually matters in long run. For now they haven't so there is no reasons why Lion should make them suffer. Competent staff is hard to find, after all.

And yes, FaFL seems quite smart. I wonder what he has been up to before we saw him...