New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Really? So if you made the Ebon Dragon promise not to double-cross anyone, what would happen?
    To not Double cross anyone? The Ebon Dragon would point out that no one ever trusts him anyways, so therefore the necessary element of a double cross, the betrayal of trust, is never implicated in his acts.

The Ebon Dragon, in addition to many other things, is an excellent contracts Lawyer.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

How about if you force him to swear it on his name? Like at the end of the primordial war?
    Well, you'd need an Essence 6 Eclipse, since otherwise they could just get one of their Infernals to use Oath-Shattering Strike on them.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quick question for those more experienced than I in Exalted (i.e. anyone who's ever played a game, fully understands the rules, or has read more than one-and-a-bit sourcebooks).

I'm thinking of making an Exalt (Zenith, probably) based on the goal of being the greatest Chef in all creation, having sampled dishes from every corner and dimension. Perhaps even cooking a meal great enough to tempt the Unconquered Son away from the Games of Divinity for a time. No ingredient is too fierce or too off-limits, no recipe too outlandish or too hard to find. And he fights with an oversized orichalcum trident/fork. A Chef of Iron Extreme Omnivore. A bit of Quina Quen, a bit of Mr. Champloo, a touch of Sanji.

My question is as follows. I've found two appropriate homebrewed styles online; Orichalcum Chef Style, and God of Cookery Style. At the moment I'm leaning toward the OCS, but which would you recommend, either as better or more balanced?

In other news, I really like Secret's increasingly varying hairstyles. Not only are they cute, they also seem to hint at her insecurities - change the hair, change yourself, sort of fing.
    Last edited by Revlid; 2010-03-31 at 11:03 AM.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. Marena's reason for wanting to learn Sorcery is hilarious.

By the way, Jukashi, this is a major It Just Bugs Me.

Misho's memories (apart from Post-Exaltation) are all from the First Age.

In the First Age, most reasonably experienced Exalted knew at least Terrestrial Circle Sorcery, according to the Dreams of the First Age (and some other books, I think).

I mean, while he would be more used to the 'a lot rarer', he'd still have the First Age mindset.

Of course, Misho doesn't seem to be a typical First Age Solar.

Also, Marena. What are you going to give up, I wonder? Your desire to find your daughter? Or son?

Of course, one interesting thing might be if she chooses to give up her resentment at her mother.

...actually, this is now what I think will happen. If she does, you know, learn Sorcery.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-04-02 at 04:08 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    I mean, while he would be more used to the 'a lot rarer', he'd still have the First Age mindset.

Of course, Misho doesn't seem to be a typical First Age Solar.
    Sorcery also wasn't a toy. Misho is clearly warning against this as Secret and Marena have flimsy and petty reasons respectively for wanting to learn Sorcery. The First Age mindset includes the protection of the Realm and rulership over the other non-Solars.

What kind of ruler gives a lunatic an essence cannon?

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

...there WAS a reason the DBs killed all the Solars, you know.

But your point is taken.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #307

Hey, I just noticed that parts of Secret's clothes are still wet. Nice detail.
    At first I was all "But Abyssals don't sweat!" And then I remembered the river.

Alas, my fanart has not made it into this update. C'est la vie.
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Misho's memories begin before the primordial war. His ideas on sorcery were formed when it was new and weird, and because he doesn't forget things they stick with him. Then he can remember the whole of the Age and all the weird/bad things that were done with it. And he can remember the primordials, during the war, what they did with it.

He's like a nuclear physicist who was working on something in the next room over when they were building the atom bomb, and now some students have asked him to explain particle physics.

Only with obsidian butterflies.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, good point.

My theory on what Marena will end up giving up if she actually goes through with this holds.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Troll in the Playground

Secret is so cute I cannot bear it.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jukashi View Post
    Then he can remember the whole of the Age and all the weird/bad things that were done with it.
    Will we get to know how Misho was at the Era of Dreams ? How the Great Curse affected him ? And how did he lived for so long (IIRC Solars have a limited lifespan) ?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My characters :

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    And how did he lived for so long (IIRC Solars have a limited lifespan)?
    All Exalted have a limited lifespan (except for Abyssals and Alchemicals). A Gem of Immortality, if it can be found, pretty much solves that issue for everyone but Sidereals.

Besides, assuming the Primordial War lasted a thousand years, and assuming he died at the Usurpation, he would only be 4500 years old.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Demented One View Post
    Secret is so cute I cannot bear it.
    Do you have a voice for her to speak in? My personal choice is Sandy Fox. Specifically her voice for Marona in Phantom Brave, if you've played that. Flonne comes close, but she's too happy for Secret.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2010-04-02 at 08:21 AM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    A Gem of Immortality, if it can be found, pretty much solves that issue for everyone but Sidereals.
    Gem of Immortality is among things that destroy the setting and thus should be ignored. IIRC the fact Solars could die from old age was one of the reasons of intern fighting among them, the the solution to this problem can't be "I have a hearthstone".
    Spoiler
    Show
    My characters :

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xelloss View Post
    Gem of Immortality is among things that destroy the setting and thus should be ignored. IIRC the fact Solars could die from old age was one of the reasons of intern fighting among them, the the solution to this problem can't be "I have a hearthstone".
    You forget that Gems of Immortality are very rare.

EDIT: There are also Peaches of Immortality, if one can somehow get his hands on it.

Or custom Resistance Charms.
    Last edited by The Rose Dragon; 2010-04-02 at 08:33 AM.
    I use black for sarcasm.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jukashi View Post
    Misho's memories begin before the primordial war. His ideas on sorcery were formed when it was new and weird, and because he doesn't forget things they stick with him. Then he can remember the whole of the Age and all the weird/bad things that were done with it. And he can remember the primordials, during the war, what they did with it.

He's like a nuclear physicist who was working on something in the next room over when they were building the atom bomb, and now some students have asked him to explain particle physics.

Only with obsidian butterflies.
    I wish I knew enough of Exalted to know which event I should be imagining Misho watch while saying "Now we are all sons of bitches."

Although perhaps I am taking your metaphor too literally
    However superb fighters they may be, they've no biological history or traditions to draw from. Thus "Look-It's a Monkey" works every time.

17. - Top - End - #317

Which makes no sense when anyone with Lore and Occult 7 and a decade on their hands (which is pretty much any Celestial in the High First Age) can build a level 4 Earth demesne and a manse of their choice to cap it from scratch.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2010-04-02 at 09:20 AM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

18. - Top - End - #318

Which is actually another reason for infighting.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Firbolg in the Playground

Or custom Resistance Charms.
    Dodge charms. You just need to dodge time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Which makes no sense when anyone with Lore and Occult 7 and a decade on their hands (which is pretty much any Celestial in the High First Age) can build a level 4 Earth demesne and a manse of their choice to cap it from scratch.
    Just because the players can choose exactly what hearthstone they get doesn't mean the characters can.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Or the rules.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    Just because the players can choose exactly what hearthstone they get doesn't mean the characters can.
    Plus, in the fluff, don't you need some sort of special interaction of ley lines to do it? I think this is clearly some sort of gameplay-story segregation.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Plus, in the fluff, don't you need some sort of special interaction of ley lines to do it? I think this is clearly some sort of gameplay-story segregation.
    You can build your own demesnes, though. Well, Solars could. I'm not so sure about Dragon-blooded, who can't even cap them properly.
    I use black for sarcasm.

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    According to Oadenol's Codex, a manse builder can design a manse to produce a specific hearthstone with a successful Occult or Lore roll. Since it requires a skillful character, I'm assuming it's something done with in-character knowledge.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Then perhaps it was due to a limit of the Solar Deliberative, done before they became crazy.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

ST: The Exalted equivalent of the Grim Reaper comes to harvest you.

Me: I use Perfect Defenses then punch him in the soul.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

If the Grim Reaper actually appeared, then yeah, they could do that. There's a charm for killing things that can't die, like Primordials, or gods.

Of course, that's not how death works in Exalted, probably for precisely that reason.
    Satomi by Elagune

28. - Top - End - #328

Of course, that's not how death works in Exalted anymore, probably for precisely that reason.
    Something was missing.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Something was missing.
    Wait, it worked like that once? How'd they change it?
    Satomi by Elagune

30. - Top - End - #330

Just kidding. Though it wouldn't surprise me if several psychopomp gods have been slain by Exalted twinks.