New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

That is how Abyssal recruiting works, assuming you accept the deal.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Isn't the Exalted Grim Reaper a hot chick in purple?

I.e. while it's possible to punch her, it's still bloody difficult.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post

Death is a hot chick in purple?
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post

The Maiden of Endings is more than just the Goddess of Death. Although she is the Goddess of Death, sorta.

And she doesn't need to come up to you to kill you. She just snips your thread in the Loom of Fate once your time is up.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2010-04-02 at 06:08 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

5. - Top - End - #335
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_Akuma View Post
    The Maiden of Endings is more than just the Goddess of Death. Although she is the Goddess of Death, sorta.

And she doesn't need to come up to you to kill you. She just snips your thread in the Loom of Fate once your time is up.
    I know. But when the threads keep dodging her damn scissors she sends one of her Sidereals down to fatekick the problem.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

There are plenty of ways to cheat death in Exalted. In fact, they're pretty easy to find! The problem is finding the one that doesn't have terrible, terrible consequences.

I mean, Gem of Immortality? Good luck turtling in your manse forever! Don't forget to send someone to stop your enemies moving a rock ten miles away! Celestial wine? Good on ya! Remember, you'll need to keep on earning those shady favours you need!

Those are the best ways to live forever.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jukashi View Post
    There's a Lunar charm in Glories: Luna to de-age yourself while hibernating, though even at its best published upgrade it only de-ages you twice as fast as the passage of time.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2010-04-02 at 09:56 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground

There are plenty of ways to cheat death in Exalted. In fact, they're pretty easy to find! The problem is finding the one that doesn't have terrible, terrible consequences.

I mean, Gem of Immortality? Good luck turtling in your manse forever! Don't forget to send someone to stop your enemies moving a rock ten miles away! Celestial wine? Good on ya! Remember, you'll need to keep on earning those shady favours you need!

With proper manse building, which is quite easy to do if you are an elder celestial exalted, it's quite easy to make a hidden, protected by a small army of second circle demons (or equivalent in power), indestructible fortress. It only goes off from there.

This subject was being discussed some time ago in rpg.net, and if I remember right, one of the writers (I think it was Stephnis, but don't quote me on that), commented that the way he saw, Celestial Exalted were caught by surprise by the fact they could in fact die from old age. After the first few died, they quickly developed ways to prevent this from happening again. After that, the solars and lunars just died from the usual, violent, ways.
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

There's a Lunar charm in Glories: Luna to de-age yourself while hibernating, though even at its best published upgrade it only de-ages you twice as fast as the passage of time.
    Thats hardly a problem, you just need to combine it with a charm that removes the need for sleep (i am guessing there is some sort of charm that does that).
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

You could just become an Abyssal! I can't see how that would ever go wrong!
    Spoiler
    Show
    EVERYTHING I LOVE IS DEAD! LIFE IS PAIN! DESTROY EVERYTHING! *EMOOO RAAAAGE*

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Thats hardly a problem, you just need to combine it with a charm that removes the need for sleep (i am guessing there is some sort of charm that does that).
    From my limited understanding, Hibernation is distinct from regular sleep.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

From my limited understanding, Hibernation is distinct from regular sleep.
    Yes, why do you think i say it should be combined with a charm that removes the need for sleep?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, why do you think i say it should be combined with a charm that removes the need for sleep?
    So...if the charm removes the need to sleep, but the condition imposed is hibernation, how does that help? You still have to hibernate.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

14. - Top - End - #344

I don't know?
    If you're not sleeping, you're not hibernating, so you can't use the charm. The need for sleep is irrelevant.

On immortality - I seem to recall hearing of someone "hacking" their shard of Exaltation so that it carried their memories and personality with it, overwriting the next Exalt (like what appears to have happened to Misho). Is that canon, or fan speculation, or a toast-induced dream?
    Last edited by Revlid; 2010-04-03 at 02:40 PM.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Seems to be slightly canon, what with the Infernal abilities/past life merit. Not sure, however.
    Satomi by Elagune

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ettin in the Playground

I think the way it works is by merely transferring your memories and skills; since your successor has a different soul, even with all else being equal you'd be a different person.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    Is that canon, or fan speculation, or a toast-induced dream?
    I don't know if it's canon, or if it would work—between Lytek's oversight and the fact that the reincarnation possesses a different soul, there's plenty that could go wrong, and you only get 1 chance to get it right—but it definitely sounds like the sort of morally questionable messing-with-things-that-man-was-not-meant-to-mess-with that some First Age Solars would have tried to do.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Dodge charms. You just need to dodge time.
    Why stop at Dodge charms? What about a Melee charm(I cut the years off me, making me physically younger)? It could be expanded into an Archery charm(I tear off and fire the years at my enemy), a Martial Arts charm(I punch myself to youth) and other more hilarious implications(Bureaucracy: I file five hundred years away and forget about them).

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I use Social Charms to convince my metabolism that I'm younger.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroNumerous View Post
    a Martial Arts charm(I punch myself to youth)
    So, essentially, Sidereal Martial Arts?
    Satomi by Elagune

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    So, essentially, Sidereal Martial Arts?
    "So, I can use a charm to reverse the effects of time, yes? I can turn back entropy, at least for a little while. Can I use a charm to grant myself more essence than it costs?"

"I'm sorry, that's impossible. Charms take Essence, even in exalted you can't get something from nothing. You have to put in the energy to do it, just like thermodynamics."

"Oh. Okay, then. I guess I'll just punch entropy."

"What?"

"I'm going to beat up the laws of thermodynamics so I can get free stuff. Is there any reason I shouldn't? I'm a superweapon intended to kill abstract concepts, yes?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post

"I'm going to beat up the laws of thermodynamics so I can get free stuff. Is there any reason I shouldn't? I'm a superweapon intended to kill abstract concepts, yes?"
    Okay, now the rest of the game is about finding a way to restore the fundamental laws of thermodynamics after you successfully destroy them... because the consequences of destroying Thermodynamics would be terrifying.
    A review of the best scifi/fantasy book you will have read, and a review of the even better sequel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    You do your avatar proud

Member #29 of the Tin-foil Hat Alliance

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

"So, I can use a charm to reverse the effects of time, yes? I can turn back entropy, at least for a little while. Can I use a charm to grant myself more essence than it costs?"

"I'm sorry, that's impossible. Charms take Essence, even in exalted you can't get something from nothing. You have to put in the energy to do it, just like thermodynamics."

"Oh. Okay, then. I guess I'll just punch entropy."

"What?"

This is why my Thaumateurge has the Essence she gets from her Yasal crystal's Blood-Ape's Essence Plethora in a seperate category from her Personal Essence. Quickly and easily regain Essence... So long as it doesn't exceed ten motes overall, or the process of being shuffled in and out of a Yasal crystal repeatedly doesn't tick off the Storyteller Blood-Ape. Not to mention the Willpower cost of putting the Blood-Ape in the crystal...

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

ST: Okay... everyone without Perfect Defenses gets thrown into Stasis.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    ST: Okay... everyone without Perfect Defenses gets thrown into Stasis.
    Does Sagacious Reading of Intent count?

26. - Top - End - #356

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    So...if the charm removes the need to sleep, but the condition imposed is hibernation, how does that help? You still have to hibernate.
    You hibernate a third of each day, countering the two thirds of the day you were awake.
    Last edited by Arcanoi; 2010-04-03 at 07:46 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Does Sagacious Reading of Intent count?
    If he hears the spirit of Entropy's death curse.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DCGFTW View Post
    You hibernate a third of each day, countering the two thirds of the day you were awake.
    It does cost 30m 1wp to activate, but that's not so insurmountable.
    A review of the best scifi/fantasy book you will have read, and a review of the even better sequel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    You do your avatar proud

Member #29 of the Tin-foil Hat Alliance

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, he's actually teaching them.

And good point, Misho. They've both done the first two.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #360
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'd like to say that I love the comic even without any jokes. I'd also like to hide my avatar, but that's not going to help, as I'd later change it back.
    And put forward the guess that Secret gives up Cluivnarihe as her 'Sacrifice'.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine