New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Happiness apparently is not in the lexicon of Exalts.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Keychain of Creation 3: Not-a-Keyblade Understanding & Falafel-is-Awesome Prana C

Here's a little game! Aside a multitude of other factors and themes, the five "main party" characters of the comic each represent one way I think a person could respond to being Exalted. Can you guess them?

You might not bother trying to puzzle Karen or Misho, as she hasn't given enough clues yet, and he's a subversion of the trope, being incapable of forgetting what mortality is like.
    Last edited by Jukashi; 2010-04-18 at 11:05 PM.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Firbolg in the Playground

Marena believes in the ideas of being a lunar, and the exaltation. She supports it.

Secret wants to reinvent herself and improve herself through it.

Ten Winds is not greatly affected by it. He acts like he used to, just with power and some desire to do good.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Marena believes in the ideas of being a lunar, and the exaltation. She supports it.

Secret wants to reinvent herself and improve herself through it.

Ten Winds is not greatly affected by it. He acts like he used to, just with power and some desire to do good.
    I agree about Marena. She's embraced this power, and believes that it makes her superior to ones who don't have it.

The others...not so much. Secret has been given great power, and it scares her. Especially since the world just became much more fragile(well, from her perspective).

Ten Winds follows the Tao of Uncle Ben. At least, that's what I see.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

Marena exalts in being an Exalted. She views them as uplifted beings, free from the moral constraints of humanity, seperate entirely.

Secret is unsure. Exaltation has given her power, but it also took something from her. She knows she is something different, she just isn't sure it is something better.

Ten doesn't think anything of it. Exalts are powerful, but that doesn't mean they cease to be human. They have the same responsibilities as other humans, and the same desires, both perhaps just on a different scale.

6. - Top - End - #546

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post

The others...not so much. Secret has been given great power, and it scares her. Especially since the world just became much more fragile(well, from her perspective).

But she at least was more scared of something else. To me, she's always seemed matter-of-fact about the exaltation and just not confident in herself. The exaltation is just a tool that she's given a lot for and intends to use.

Uncle Ben like the packaged rice company? I guess.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2010-04-18 at 11:46 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #547
    Titan in the Playground

Like the Spider-Man character. You know, "with great power comes great responsibility".
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't agree about Marena. That's what she told Secret (in response to Secret's outrage over her misbehavior,) but I don't think she really believes it (in particular I'm thinking of this and to a lesser degree this.)

If anything, Misho exemplifies the divinity-happy Exalt through subversion.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jukashi
    The only time this changes is, of course, with the ultimate triumph of the player characters, and the eternal kingdom, happily ever after or ride into the sunset that they had desired.
    And lose a point of limit if they know Hero Rides Away
    Spoiler
    Show
    My characters :

10. - Top - End - #550
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    "Ten Winds knows best" ?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My characters :

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

I do feel Jukashi's commentary for today's strip might have been slightly influenced by our latest discussion on how happiness doesn't seem to be all that frequent in Creation .

Also, I like the sorcerer look on Misho.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

While compassionate, I think Marena justifies her vices with her Incarnae-given mandate. I don't think she's all "mortals are scenery lol", but well, if she spots a cute guy then who can stop her?
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

13. - Top - End - #553

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    While compassionate, I think Marena justifies her vices with her Incarnae-given mandate. I don't think she's all "mortals are scenery lol", but well, if she spots a cute guy then who can stop her?
    That's just it - the speech about divine right was a justification. If Marena wasn't an Exalt, she would probably still do that sort of thing (insofar as her power would allow) and come up with a different reasoning if confronted about it.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

14. - Top - End - #554

I'm just curious, anyone have a guess at what Secret and Marena are going to sacrifice?
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

15. - Top - End - #555

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    I don't agree about Marena. That's what she told Secret (in response to Secret's outrage over her misbehavior,) but I don't think she really believes it (in particular I'm thinking of this and to a lesser degree this.)
    I don't think that's necessarily conflicting. She says that the Lunars had become stronger through hardship. Not that the world will be strong, but that the Lunars will teach the world to be strong.

@^: Back on pages 12, 13 and so.

Secret: Her insecurities. Her amulet. Return Cluivnarihe. Trying to save the world (seems a bit of a stretch)?

Marena: Her dislike of her mother. Looking for her family.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2010-04-19 at 06:44 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #556

Quote Originally Posted by Jukashi View Post
    Here's a little game! Aside a multitude of other factors and themes, the five "main party" characters of the comic each represent one way I think a person could respond to being Exalted. Can you guess them?

You might not bother trying to puzzle Karen or Misho, as she hasn't given enough clues yet, and he's a subversion of the trope, being incapable of forgetting what mortality is like.
    Misho: gains more empathy for his fellow humans, being all the more conscious of their frailty;
    Marena: revels in her newfound powers, uses them for fun;
    Secret: guilt-trips about how she's not good enough to deserve said powers;
    Ten: sees his exaltation as a call to duty and goes on doing the job he feels he needs to do;
    Karen: just like Ten, except with a different perception of what her duty is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

17. - Top - End - #557
    Dwarf in the Playground

I realize now how addicted I am as I can't stop checking the website every 30min...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My characters :

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

Jukashi, making sure you get enough sleep is an important part of staying healthy and fit. Always make sure you're not running on empty. It takes guts to stand up to your fans and say, "Sorry, my health comes first." Good show.

That said, NOOOO WHY MUST YOU LEAVE US BEREFT OF YOUR GENIUS
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post

If anything, Misho exemplifies the divinity-happy Exalt through subversion.
    I think you're missing the underlying motive for both of those scenes. In the first Marena is attempting to assuage Secret's self-doubt by giving her something to believe in. While in the second she's simply recanting a tale of Exalted prowess.

Neither one conflicts with a belief in the superiority of Exalted over mortals.

20. - Top - End - #560

I think I'm suffering Keychain withdrawal. Hopefully I'll still have enough strength to push the refresh button when it finally updates.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    A PROBLEM HAS BEEN DETECTED AND BYRNBOT08 HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN. THE PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE CAUSED BY THE FOLLOWING PLAYER: EMLYN
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrnbot08 View Post
    In fact, Team Fortress 2 is just full of rage. Let's just skip it all and say that this game is for angry, masochistic people. Except for Emlyn. He's just angry.

Pony avatar by self

21. - Top - End - #561
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Do not fear! It has updated.
    I am looking for fanfiction of the Culture or other books in the same vein. Any Ideas? PM me or post here.

Preparing to overwrite "reality". Done.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know if this is the right place to post these, or even if they count as fanart in the first place, but what the heck.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    [img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4541944016_f94a69d596_o.png[.img]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #563

"I-is it geometry? "
    Secret continues being adorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

I totally dig Misho's robes.

Secret is as cute as always.

For a minute I thought Marena had reverted to only bra O.o Damn, that girl is not good for my decency.

I forget, do you have to learn Emerald before you learn Sapphire circle?
    Last edited by Weimann; 2010-04-23 at 06:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. The emerald initiation charm is the requirement for the Sapphire.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Funny, my first thought on looking at the last panel was: "Is Secret's worst fear... string?" The symbols looked like a bundle of string on first glance, honest. Also, continued CUTE OVERLOAD from Secret. No wonder some incredibly erudite chap had an avatar of her commissioned for his own use.

Furthermore, I will admit that Weimann's comment on Marena's warderobe made me go back and check, because I hadn't noticed that. Hee~
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    I forget, do you have to learn Emerald before you learn Sapphire circle?
    I never remember the gem circles. I always remember it as Terrestial/Celestial/Solar.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

I checked it out, and for my own (and others') benefit, these are the circles of spellcasting:

Sorcery
    Terrestrial Circle of Emerald
    Celestial Circle of Sapphire
    Solar Circle of Adamant

Necromancy
    Shadowlands Circle of Iron
    Labyrinth Circle of Onyx
    Void Circle of Obsidian

Oneiromancy
    Waking Circle
    Dreaming Circle
    Desire Circle
    Samadhi Circle
    Shinma Circle

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Protocols
    Man-Machine Protocols
    God-Machine Protocols

There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

I just knew I would forget something.

Thanks