New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 39 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Shipping X: The X is for Xylophone. No, we don't know why.

WARNING: This thread contains romance between forum members. While kept within the PG rating of this thread, it may still disturb anyone who reads it. There has been quite a shortage of brain bleach lately, so you may have to make some of your own at home, bring the kids!

Rules:
    Keep it forum friendly.
    No overly sexual stuff.
    Each pairing must have at least one forum member.
    When posting a fic please state above the story who you're shipping.
    Only post fic about people who have given their permission in either This Thread or somewhere else. There is an updated list of people who have given permission linked below.

Previous thread here.
    Definition of Shipping (no, it is not to package things and send them...atleast, not in this context)
    The Shipping Permissions List
    First Thread
    Second Thread
    Third Thread
    Fourth Thread
    Fifth Thread
    Sixth Thread
    Seventh Thread
    Eighth Thread
    Shipping Archive
    GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!
    Last edited by Penny67; 2010-03-22 at 08:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    Darth Vader has Forged the One Ring and used it to lead the Forsaken across Hyrule!
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    Man up! Endure the pain! It's for science!
    Dolly's by Recaiden.
    On a slightly louder than silent vigil for Je Dit Viola's return

Times I've been hugged since I started counting: 19
    Enchanted cookies left: 8

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping X: The X is for Xylophone. No, we don't know why.

New shipping thread, eh?
    I haven't really frequented the shipping threads much, but I'm going to try to get into the groove another time.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

...:O I named a thread! :3 Yeee!

Hmm...:/ But I haven't got any shipping ideas yet.

:O Someone, christen this thread with a new ship!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Re-re-repost!

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Queenfics

Jacklu/cycoris
    Nevermore
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's no living in my life anymore
    The seas have gone dry
    And the rain's stopped falling
    Please don't you cry any more
    Can't you see
    Listen to the breeze
    Whisper to me please
    Don't send me to the path of nevermore

Cycoris stopped crying.

Finally, the young girl had stopped crying. It was hard to tell whether she meant it or not. Jacklu sighed, what she was doing to Cycoris was cruel, yes, but the things she had seen Cyssy do, she just couldn’t believe whether she loved her any more.

Jacklu flinched as the memory surged into the forefront of her mind – hands, everywhere; the noises – one last try. Just one.

Just stop crying, and say won’t do it again, that everything’ll be okay. Don’t cry any more my sweet one. Never again.

”Cyssy . . . please,“ She reached out a hand to comfort her, to say what she couldn’t. Cyssy recoiled. ”Cyssy?”

”Don’t. Just . . . don’t.”

Jacklu flinched. She frowned, and lowered her eyes. What was she doing? Wasn’t she going to accept the chance? Jacklu had forgiven Cycoris, why wouldn’t she want comfort?

”Please, Cyssy,” Ask me not to leave you. Don’t leave me alone.

Even the valley's below
    Where the rays of the sun
    Were so warm and tender
    Now haven't anything to grow
    Can't you see?
    Why did you have to leave me? (Nevermore)
    Why did you deceive me? (Nevermore)
    You sent me to the path of nevermore
    When you say you didn't love me anymore
    Ah, ah nevermore, nevermore

”I don’t love you any more. I don’t think I ever really did.”

Jacklu stopped breathing. She had never believed the saying ‘stunned senseless’ before, but she understood it wholeheartedly now.

Cycoris looked at Jacklu and said it again, ”I don’t love you, I’m leaving you.”

”Why?” She hadn’t expected that, why hadn’t she expected that?

”I don’t love you. I’ve been cheating on you for five months.” They’d only been in a relationship for six months.

The warmth she treasured in her memories died.

Cyssy left the park, Jacklu stayed there, the remnants of their packed lunches getting colder with every hour that passed. As the sun set behind the trees Jacklu rose, stretching her stiff back and wiping the tears from her eyes.

She took a different path home.

Another sad'un. Nonethless, I hope you enjoy. I know I promised a happy one, but this one was actually floating semi-finished in the wrong folder, so I only discovered it by happenstance and decided to finish it off.
    T_T Sad ship is sad. T_T
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

5. - Top - End - #5

MISS PENNY: Please don't forget to edit in Shipping IX in the first post.

@Jacklu: Glad you enjoyed it, even if sad fic is sad.

*hints it's Curly's birthday now*
    *Curly is nineteen*
    *and tired*
    *and will post a happy fic this evening*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Happy birthday!

*hugs*
    Spoiler
    Show

Darth Vader has Forged the One Ring and used it to lead the Forsaken across Hyrule!
    Dolly's by Recaiden.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Birthday Surprise!

Spoiler
    Show
    Curly walked up the driveway towards the house. No one seemed to remember it was her birthday. All day, she was expecting presents, cake, or even a simple 'Happy Birthday'.

But nothing. Absolutely nothing. Everyone treated her like any other day. Just talking about the latest gossip or passing her by without a second glance.

She even waited behind at work, sure that they would do something special for her. But the hours passed, and the lights were turned off. Even the nightly janitor finally left for home. And Curly sat at her cubicle, heart broken and miserable. Tears leaked from her eyes.

Now she walked up the cold hard steps to her house. She reached her house and leaned her forehead against the door. She closed her eyes in the cold evening air and sighed heavily. She had only 10 minutes of the day being her birthday before it would pass.

Slowly, she inserted her key into the lock and opened the door.

Suddenly, a great yell burst out from her door that took her in shock and suprise.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CURLY!"

It looked like everyone was there. They decorated everywhere with banners and balloons and streamers. A huge birthday cake laid on the table with a mound of presents around.

It was a chaotic, yet joyous occasion. Curly was in tears of happiness as she was hugging and celebrating with everyone. But she had one nagging problem that she needed to address.

"H-How... How did you all get in my house?"

I didn't know if you had a color you prefered Curly.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Hunting

Warning! This story is rather bloody, dark, and gruesome. Not for the faint of heart.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sky was dark and stormy, the rain water dripping off my fedora as I stalked the streets. The killer was still out there, a young male, untrained. It was always a pity when young wolves go rogue, but it happened. Many would answer the darker side of the Call, and a few never knew better. The revolver at my side felt heavy with purpose, the deadly silver loaded in...

I looked up at the entrance to the apartment complex, the flickering street lamp making the cracks seem larger and darker. Not that it needed much help. The paint was flaking and graffiti covered everything. Bars plated the lower floor windows. Even through the rain I could smell the blood and offal that waited inside the Rogue's den. The owner of the blood couldn't have been killed an hour ago, her scent fresh. All this passed through my mind automatically as I stepped up towards the door.

I didn't even have to bother with the door knob, the splinters around the dead bolt making it obvious that it's already been busted through. As I pushed the door open the scents got stronger, nearly overwhelming. He must have been using this place for weeks for it to smell this bad. The off-white and teal flooring tiles were coated in thick grime, both dry and moist. Mold crawled up the walls and ceiling.

Taking out my revolver and shutting the door, I took a few steps inside. To my right was a common room, it's furniture slowly rotting from age and miscare. To the left was a darkened room, only the smell of soap and fabric softener revealing what it was used for. There were several ways I could go, but the trail of sticky blood marked the way clearly, leading to the staircase and above.

The trail leading up made me do a double take. It was...*wrong*. No Rogues ever went to higher ground. They normally preferred dark holes to hide in. Something was off about this one, and it was unsettling. Nonetheless, I had to keep going and end this before others were hurt. The steps creaked under my feet as I made my way carefully up, avoiding the blood to keep from falling. I kept my breathing slow and steady, trying to keep quiet even though it was likely that my presence was already known.

On the second floor, the blood crept down the hallway before me, most of the passage darkened from burned out lights, the far end only lit from the streetlamp outside. The wood floor was warped, making the footing even more treacherous. I strained my senses as I moved along, trying to hear anything, but finding nothing other than the pitter-patter of raindrops slamming against the cracked glass.

The stenches in the air got stronger as I got closer to the doorway the blood turns into. The revolver's hammer sounding thunderous as I cocked it back, ready to fire at a moment's notice. My heart pounded in my chest as I reached out to test the lock.

th-THUMP...th-THUMP

The knob turned, and the door slid open on it's hinges, a blast of warm moist air hitting my face.

I counted at least a dozen as I stepped into a scene from Hell. The flies swarmed throughout the room, moving from one body to the next. The smell of rot and decay bad enough to sting my eyes, causing them to tear up. I watched my footing, careful not to step into the puddles of rotting fluids. Beyond the carnage present, I couldn't see the killer, even though the "nest" of skins on the blood stained bed marked where it slept.

The worst part however, was the sink. Not because it was covered in blood, but because it wasn't. It was clean, spotless. A small glass, a toothbrush...it was as if a normal person could have used it. Whoever the Rogue was, they weren't bothered at all by what they do. They enjoyed this...

I start to go towards the closet, hoping to find some form of ID when the floor creaks in the hallway. I stiffen up when a man's voice breaks the loud silence. "You're good." The sound of a hammer cocking back makes itself clear and I spin, raising my gun as I try to get to him first. All I see before his gun goes off is the smile of his perfectly white teeth. "But I'm better."

To my knowledge, this is my first one written in the First Person. I'd appreciate comments on it.
    Dark Wolf. Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    This one was Grim approved, though I want to warn everybody... it's quite messed up, even by my standards.

A night to remember

Mordokai (GBed)/ Grim Ranger/ Mi'ir - Cristo Meyers (mentioned)

Spoiler
    Show
    “No! Absolutely not!“

“Aw come on Grim, you never have any fun. And besides, it is your birthday.“

“That's not the point, as you well know. And another thing. Why are you still having boobs? I was under impression the infiltration mission was over well over a week ago?“

“The dismissal of the spell turned out to be a little more difficult than Mi'ir anticipated. Of course, it may just be that the damn bard is having fun at my expense but if I kill him now I'll never know, won't I now?“

It wasn't quite the truth. Mordokai was having quite a bit of fun with her woman body, but she wasn't willing to admit it to just about anybody, least of all Grim. The ridicule she had to swallow when she told Mi'ir to not dismiss the spell right away was enough to last her a life time. She also hoped Sune wouldn't mind her lying. But then, she put up with worse before, so she was reasonably sure she's safe this time.

“But anyway... like I said, it's your birthday. Either you're coming up with me to the bar, inn, strip joint or some such if I have to drag you along. Now it's a matter of preference. Are you coming on your own and end up embarrassed... or I'm dragging you in and you get embarrased even before we start drinking?“

“Those are my options?“

“Those are your options.“

“Is there a point in resisting?“

The sweet smile was all he got from paladin. It was enough to make Grim sigh out loud.

“Should have known. All right, lead the way.“

Mordokai's smile grew a little wider at that as she took Grim's hand and took him away.

“Mordy, have you ever considered that it's... a little bit unusal for a woman to be cramming money down strippers pants?“

“No, not really. And besides, what do they care? As long as they are getting money they will entertain us.“

It was true. The pair was the main attraction, always surrounded by dancers and waiters and it didn't seem that it would stop anytime soon. The line of empty glasses before them was slowly but steadily growing longer.

“So what, we spend the rest of the night here, getting blitzed and then get thrown out after we make an asses of ourselves?“

“Sounds like a plan!“

“You're horrible, you know that?“

If it would be possible, there would be a light bulb lighting above Mordokai's head right about now.

“Wait here. I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back!“

And with that, she was gone, leaving Grim alone with his drink. Which was soon empty, so he ordered another one. And another. And another, and another... and another. At was about at that time the announcer came on the podium again.

“Gentlemen, we're proud to introduce you our newest sensation. She only here for one night, but we guarantee you... this is something you will not forget! So give your hands up for... Bambi!“

The lights dimmed, the music slowed down as the curtains opened and let everybody see what was hiding behind it. And even Grim had to admit, she was astounding. Long legs, round butt, firm breasts and a face, hidden behind a veil. From the looks of it, she was a beauty. And then, she started to dance.

One slow step before the other, leaning down and gliding fingers up her leg, before throwing one sandal off her left foot. By the time the other one flew off the right foot the mob has been hollering already. She took a slow stroll down the bar, stopping at an odd customer here and there. Soon, the amount of money she has collected was bigger than all the girls of the evening combined. That's when she spotted Grim.

With few fluid motions she was at him and on his knees. Her veil was still on, but her eyes were smiling. She started rubbing her bottom against his body and poor Grim... he was struck speechless. Not unlike the rest of the bar. There was hooting all around, cries of approval and jealousy going on, which increased in intensity as Bambi started taking Grim's shirt off. By now, our ranger's face was as red as tomato. At that point, Bambi took his hand and leaded him towards the stairs. At this point, everybody in the bar raised from their seats and applauded the lucky ranger.

“I... I... I...“

“Shhhhh. Just let yourself go and enjoy this. I know I will.“

There wasn't much left to be said. The doors of the room closed silently behind the two.

The sun was shining right in his eyes. It was time to get up. He took a look to his right. Bambi was still there and she still had a veil. During the night, she never took it off. He leaned closer and whispered in her ear.

“Come on. I want to see a face hiding behind the veil.“

She blinked her eyes open.

“Well... if you insist...“

The scream was loud enough to wake everybody in three street radius.

“Oh grow up Grim."

Comment, please! And while we're at it... go back and read Wolfbane's story. Is a good one and I feel guilty that me and Grim burried it under our antics Comment on his work as well.
    Poor Grim. Scarred for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
    One day this will be brought up again and I will have to deny all knowledge of it;

Mocha
    Spoiler
    Show
    *beep beep beep*
    Bisecta slowly opened her eyes to a now familiar sound. She stretched, strategically planning to jab anyone who happened to be in bed next to her awake and called out to no-one in particular using a sing song voice.
    "Bis, it's time to get up for wo-", she stopped abruptly. The space next to her was much less abruptly Bisectedless. Instead, her hands came in contact with a small piece of paper.

Sitting up, Bisecta rubbed her orange eyes and unfurled it.

"Dear Bissy,
    Sorry, I had to rush off to work early. I'll be working late, but you can stay around here if you want. This last week's been amazing.

I've left the coffee machine on for you and there's some cereal in the bottom cupboard if you want it.

Love you,
    Bis"

She rolled her eyes and sighed. None of her usual contacts had anything they needed stolen, or even managed to lock themselves out of their own house. There was a reason she finally plucked up the courage to ask Bis out (although, as he'd already admitted he was on the verge of speaking to the cute blond girl with the ponytail and strange clothes he passed in the street every so often...) and it wasn't because life was too exciting to handle outside her own "office hours". What was she supposed to spend her day doing? She showered and drank a cup of coffee before getting dressed (all infinitely more fun when the apartment's owner was present).

Sighing, she sat down at the table and stared at the note. Hoping some idea would cross her mind. Bisecta's eyes nearly crossed as she focused intensity at the fibres of the paper. That was the thing about cheap paper, a forger had once told her, even if you just get it wet the fibres shift...but they don't darken?

On the half of the page that had been left in the morning sun, lines had began to appear. She sniffed it...lemon juice? They'd had pancakes for dessert the previous evening...and he told her about invisible inks (how he got away with all that time on wikipedia at work was anyone's guess). For the first time that morning, Bisecta giggled; it was so like Bis to do something like this just because he could. After putting the letter over a hot stove the rest of the message was clear.

"P.S. Wait in the alley behind the office at 13:00."

She looked at the clock..12:30! Bisecta quickly locked the front door from the inside and exited from the attic window (word of her social life had reached the rest of her "friends"; they would leave this flat alone out of professional courtesy) and sped off along the rooftops.

She arrived in a quiet alley (dark, despite the time of day), but there was no sign of Bisected. All of a sudden she froze, there was someone creeping up behind her!

...but those footsteps were familiar. She relaxed as a pair of hands clamped over her eyes from behind and a voice whispered in her ear.
    "Close your eyes and open your mouth."

Bisecta shut her eyes as the hands moved away and lowered her jaw. She immediatly felt something smooth pass her lips. As it became gooey against her tongue she bit down while it was still hard...mmm, toffee. She turned around to see Bisected with a broad grin plastered across his face. She would have greeted him much more loudly, if it weren't for the chocolate in her mouth.
    "Bfff!"
    Bisected put his finger to her lips and shushed her. Then with a wink, he handed her a key and pointed to a window above them. All of a sudden there was a creak as a fire escape opened behind them and Bisected gestured at her to get out of sight.
    "There you are Bisected. What are you doing out here? I thought you didn't smoke?"
    "Just getting some fresh air, guv.", Bisected replied.
    "Anyway", Bisected's manager continued, "I'm afraid I need you in my office. Morithias, has some issues with the workplace and I feel it would be best if he talked them over with you."
    "Well if he's in your office he can just get in the broom cupboard and tell me from that window.", Bisected snapped, pointing the the same window he'd gestured at the Bisecta.
    The manager's eyes narrowed.
    "...but I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding, sir."
    And with that they both headed up the stairs.

Climbing out from the skip she'd crouched behind, Bisecta braced herself against the alley wall and made her way towards the window.

In the manager's office, Bisected stared at Morithias.
    "Hello."
    "Don't play dumb with me, Bisected! Who do you think I am!"
    "Well, you're-woah!", Bisected began before theatrically tripping over and falling into the cupboard door of the office, knocking it ajar. He made sure his yell was louder than the faint gasp that came from inside.
    "Ahem, you're...", he continued, picking himself off the floor, "my co-worker. You sit in cubical number 8, opposite mine in the office down the hallway to the left of this one. Your cubical contains many draws, which you make a show of locking with Yale brand cylinder locks-"
    "That's quite enough. As much as a bit of sarcasm lightens the mood and makes for a friendly, informal working environment you're going a bit far", the manager said without a hint of irony.
    "In any case...", he continued, "...perhaps you should explain to Bisected what your issue is, Morithias?".
    "He knows exactly what it is, sir", said Morithias, "I know full well that everyone tries to steal my chocolate and he thought it would be funny to snatch one of them while my back was turned!"
    "I thought you were sharing them", Bisected responded, looking convincingly hurt. "You left the box, out and opened..."
    "You know full well I keep them locked safely in my draw so no one else can get them. Why would you even begin to think I would share them with-"
    "Well", interrupted the manager, "This appears to be a simple misunderstanding. I'll expect both of you to get back to work by the end of this lunch break. Show yourselves out."
    Morithias turned to Bisected.
    "I'll be watching you all afternoon! If I so much as see you heading back to the office alone I'll have your head on a..."
    "Well, I was hoping to finish writing the report by the end of the day, but if you insist I guess I'll join you for lunch." And with that he followed Morithias out of the room, stopping only to look glance towards the orange eyes peeking through the crack in the cupboard door and wink.

Later that evening, was sat in Bisected's apartment reading a book, waiting. Then, as she heard the click of the latch, she dimmed the lights and hid in the kitchen. Bisected strolled into the apartment.
    "Bissy, I'm back...?", he called out to the darkness.
    With a giggle, Bisecta crept up behind him and put her hands over his eyes.
    "Open your mouth...", she whispered.
    However, Bisected gently gripped her wrists and turned around, putting his arms around her.
    "We'll have those when we get back."
    "From where?"
    "Dinner", he said holding up a wad of cash, "We've been building up the office betting pool for the first person to take Morithias' chocolate for years."
    "Do they know how you did it?" she giggled, staring into his grey eyes.
    "Oh, I think they're still guessing.", Bisected said
    "I suppose they think you have some sort of cute trick up your sleeve?"
    "Well they're half right.", he said, "I had something cute. I don't think she'd quite fit up my sleeve though."
    "One third. I may be cute, but I'm not yours.", she said sticking her tongue out.
    "...oh...", he loosened his grip and shifted his head back a bit
    "You're mine!", and with that she threw her arms around his neck and pulled him back in.

Hopefully my next ship will be less egomaniacal. And with less unfortunate implications. And possibly good, but don't hold your breath...
    Hawt self on self action.
    *shakes head slowly*
    Queenfics

Jacklu/cycoris
    Nevermore
    Spoiler
    Show
    There's no living in my life anymore
    The seas have gone dry
    And the rain's stopped falling
    Please don't you cry any more
    Can't you see
    Listen to the breeze
    Whisper to me please
    Don't send me to the path of nevermore

Cycoris stopped crying.

Finally, the young girl had stopped crying. It was hard to tell whether she meant it or not. Jacklu sighed, what she was doing to Cycoris was cruel, yes, but the things she had seen Cyssy do, she just couldn’t believe whether she loved her any more.

Jacklu flinched as the memory surged into the forefront of her mind – hands, everywhere; the noises – one last try. Just one.

Just stop crying, and say won’t do it again, that everything’ll be okay. Don’t cry any more my sweet one. Never again.

”Cyssy . . . please,“ She reached out a hand to comfort her, to say what she couldn’t. Cyssy recoiled. ”Cyssy?”

”Don’t. Just . . . don’t.”

Jacklu flinched. She frowned, and lowered her eyes. What was she doing? Wasn’t she going to accept the chance? Jacklu had forgiven Cycoris, why wouldn’t she want comfort?

”Please, Cyssy,” Ask me not to leave you. Don’t leave me alone.

Even the valley's below
    Where the rays of the sun
    Were so warm and tender
    Now haven't anything to grow
    Can't you see?
    Why did you have to leave me? (Nevermore)
    Why did you deceive me? (Nevermore)
    You sent me to the path of nevermore
    When you say you didn't love me anymore
    Ah, ah nevermore, nevermore

”I don’t love you any more. I don’t think I ever really did.”

Jacklu stopped breathing. She had never believed the saying ‘stunned senseless’ before, but she understood it wholeheartedly now.

Cycoris looked at Jacklu and said it again, ”I don’t love you, I’m leaving you.”

”Why?” She hadn’t expected that, why hadn’t she expected that?

”I don’t love you. I’ve been cheating on you for five months.” They’d only been in a relationship for six months.

The warmth she treasured in her memories died.

Cyssy left the park, Jacklu stayed there, the remnants of their packed lunches getting colder with every hour that passed. As the sun set behind the trees Jacklu rose, stretching her stiff back and wiping the tears from her eyes.

She took a different path home.

Another sad'un. Nonethless, I hope you enjoy. I know I promised a happy one, but this one was actually floating semi-finished in the wrong folder, so I only discovered it by happenstance and decided to finish it off.
    Ouch.
    Just... ouch.

MISS PENNY: Please don't forget to edit in Shipping IX in the first post.

@Jacklu: Glad you enjoyed it, even if sad fic is sad.

*hints it's Curly's birthday now*
    *Curly is nineteen*
    *and tired*
    *and will post a happy fic this evening*
    I hear it's someone's birthday.

^ I may have picked a lock.
    >>
    <<
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-03-22 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aww...the sad Nevermore one's sad, I also think.

It (almost) made me cry. Well, not quite, but it was sad nonetheless.

And...Birthday one for Curly:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Birthday Surprise!

Spoiler
    Show
    Curly walked up the driveway towards the house. No one seemed to remember it was her birthday. All day, she was expecting presents, cake, or even a simple 'Happy Birthday'.

But nothing. Absolutely nothing. Everyone treated her like any other day. Just talking about the latest gossip or passing her by without a second glance.

She even waited behind at work, sure that they would do something special for her. But the hours passed, and the lights were turned off. Even the nightly janitor finally left for home. And Curly sat at her cubicle, heart broken and miserable. Tears leaked from her eyes.

Now she walked up the cold hard steps to her house. She reached her house and leaned her forehead against the door. She closed her eyes in the cold evening air and sighed heavily. She had only 10 minutes of the day being her birthday before it would pass.

Slowly, she inserted her key into the lock and opened the door.

Suddenly, a great yell burst out from her door that took her in shock and suprise.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CURLY!"

It looked like everyone was there. They decorated everywhere with banners and balloons and streamers. A huge birthday cake laid on the table with a mound of presents around.

It was a chaotic, yet joyous occasion. Curly was in tears of happiness as she was hugging and celebrating with everyone. But she had one nagging problem that she needed to address.

"H-How... How did you all get in my house?"

I didn't know if you had a color you prefered Curly.
    This one's pretty good! It's happier, and it also makes me wonder how we all broke into her house.
    I'm gone for a couple of years!
    I'm off doing service in developing countries in South America
    (Very little chance of internet access) - I'll try to come back afterwards

10. - Top - End - #10

Was I there?

Love wins. S'agapo.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Was I there?
    I didn't specify on purpose so everyone can stake their claim that they were there.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

The X is for seehhhh--cond, uh, second helpings, anyone?

*whew* Close one, there.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ha. What were you going to say?
    Spoiler
    Show

Dolly's by Recaiden.

14. - Top - End - #14

He was going to say "Saxaphone", but he messed it up due to his strange accent.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh.

Wait! I've got you now! *forces red boots on Viola*
    Spoiler
    Show

Dolly's by Recaiden.

16. - Top - End - #16

Oh, darn.

Now I have to...not match very well again.

17. - Top - End - #17

*prestidigitation*
    *changes boots to bright yellow*
    Erm, what color did you want them again?

Love wins. S'agapo.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

:) gotcha.

At least I'm not giving you a sunburst double neck viola.

*wicked grin*

/\ only lasts for an hour :)

\/ awwww I could never make my Viola unhappy :( You can have your boots back.
    Last edited by Penny67; 2010-03-22 at 10:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Dolly's by Recaiden.

19. - Top - End - #19

Yes, at least...

But now I've got boots with flowers on them.

Too bad the magic didn't work.

/\ Naw.

I like them.
    Last edited by Je dit Viola; 2010-03-22 at 11:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh Koorly... sad fic is sad. But wonderful. But sad.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

21. - Top - End - #21

Wolfbane's was unsettling, and very nice 1st person.

Mordokai's seemed over-the-top silly (and a little horrific). That was probably intentional.

Curly's was sad and a bit confusing. Unexpected.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Mordy: You naughty, naughty little miss Paladin.
    Someone ought to punish you before you get any worse.

Curly: Sadship. Also, very pretty.
    There might be something for your birthday around here...
    But it might also be a drawling more than a ship.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    I'll get the chains so you can get the whip.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Nobody I'd rather team up with

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Oh, leave it to me. Imma going to stab her at earliest opportunity

And no, not in that way you perverts! Get your minds out of the gutter

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

You volunteer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    I'll get the chains so you can get the whip.
    Oh this should be fun....

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Oh, leave it to me. Imma going to stab her at earliest opportunity

And no, not in that way you perverts! Get your minds out of the gutter
    That's not what you were saying last night, lover boy
    Last edited by Mordokai; 2010-03-23 at 01:10 AM.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

27. - Top - End - #27

You're calling me a pervert?

If you say so...

I should write another Ship sooner or later.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't worry Viola, it's not as bad as they make it look like

In fact, you can have quite a lot of fun
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the comments, and yeah, I was going for grim and dark. Unsettling is a good one to hear too. I think I may make it a prelude to a short series with the 1st person view shifting to the killer. >.>

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    That's not what you were saying last night, lover boy
    Gah! I need my emergency soap! The memories!

*looks disdraught and tries to scrub the images out of his brain*