New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,479 of 1479
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: YOU! (A Picture/Media Thread): XXI

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    ... Why would exposure to sunlight cause my facial hair to grow faster on only a single side? And, no, I'm pretty sure that half my face does not get more sun than the other (because I live in Ohio, where there is no sun ).
    My left armpit has more hair than my right armpit. Just saying.

Actually, as I got hair, my left side grew it faster. And there were those weird hairs that grew out the side of my face right below my eye. Those were annoying because they grew faster than any other hair...probably twenty times faster than a hair on my head.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by albis View Post
    Sword pics!!!!

Here's one of me with my baby...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hi.... this is Mugen, from the manga "D Gray-man". Mugen means "infinite" in Japanese, but can also mean "six illusions" -and six is the number of attacks this particular katana has, which are coincidentally named "illusions".

I personally crafted her out of wood, so it's not the size of a standard katana because I built her for a cosplay and Mugen is specially made to fit the wielder's build (for some reason it reaches up from the floor to the base of his sternum, so I built it that exact same way)... the curvature is also insufficient in comparison to that of a "real" katana, but it's rather difficult to make round shapes with wood, so I curved it as much as I could without ruining the material...

Forgive the clutter on my desk, but I just got back from university and have just changed into a comfortable shirt, now I only have to try and get my hair to cooperate with me and stay put. XD

....also, you can deduce from the massive amount of eye-care products behind me just how near-sighted I exactly am. X°°°D
    You lost me a bit...

It's all wooden?

If so, it's super nice, looks almost like steel sword.

(It's not like it won't be cool(er) if it was actual sword, so I guess my question is superflous...)
    The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing;
    Rush in and die, dogs—I was a man before I was a king.

Whoever makes shoddy beer, shall be thrown into manure - town law from Gdańsk, XIth century.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah it's entirely made out of wood, so that it wouldn't be too dangerous (it still is, but I'm an attentive and mature wielder XD) and it can't be classified as a weapon, so the surveillance at cons doesn't take it away... I'm glad it looks real, I've often been asked "Hey, where did you buy that?"... and I always take pride in saying it's hand made...

One of the downside of it being so realistic is that, when I'm on my way to cosplay conventions, more often than not the police stops me asking "Where do you think you're going with that sword?"

...and I have to explain that "No sir, it's not a real sword, it's wooden and made for theatrical exhibitions only..."

I've been thinking about crafting an alluminium one (with the help of an uncle of mine who knows how to work metals) but I'm not sure yet...
    Anyway, thanks for the compliments =)
    "Whoever said 'nothing is impossible' never tried slamming a revolving door."

Yuu Kanda avatar by Jacklu! =)

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

@Albis: You made that? o.O

Well, other then a few knifes, I don't have many weapons. Actually, yes I do.

Spoiler
    Show

My battle axe:

My war hammer:

And my foil:

But, unlike Albis, I do not make mine. >.>

I've been thinking about crafting an alluminium one (with the help of an uncle of mine who knows how to work metals) but I'm not sure yet...
    Anyway, thanks for the compliments =)
    Wouldn't that like, make it real? (according to health and safety anyway)
    Last edited by Nameless; 2010-05-27 at 10:18 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Thats just given me an idea to take of photo of me wearing one of my swords a few knives, while holding my rigle and having a guitar on my back, must get someone to take it

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Orc in the Playground

@ Nameless: Yes, I did make that, and yes, technically crafting a metal one would make it real, but I wouldn't make it sharp, so it'd stay an "exhibition item"... though, for Italian laws, it will anyway fall under the category of "melee weapon"... hence why I am undecided.
    It would mean a lot more of trouble with security issues... though it would nullify the fear of someone breaking it...

...well, I have yet to make the black and red version of the sword... it'll probably be wooden again, but maybe I'll use a tougher wood...

on a side note: you play ALL of those? like, whoa XD

...on yet another note: is it just me or this thread hit the big 50 really quickly? XD
    Last edited by albis; 2010-05-27 at 11:01 AM.
    "Whoever said 'nothing is impossible' never tried slamming a revolving door."

Yuu Kanda avatar by Jacklu! =)

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

No. No. You do not make an aluminum sword. The weight savings are nowhere near worth the drastic loss in stiffness and strength. The only aluminum worth using instead of quality steel is aircraft aluminum, which will be expensive and have far more corrosion issues than "normal" aluminum.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    No. No. You do not make an aluminum sword. The weight savings are nowhere near worth the drastic loss in stiffness and strength. The only aluminum worth using instead of quality steel is aircraft aluminum, which will be expensive and have far more corrosion issues than "normal" aluminum.
    Uh....

You noticed that she's not making functional sword, right?

Or is it joke I'm not getting?
    Last edited by Spiryt; 2010-05-27 at 11:39 AM.
    The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing;
    Rush in and die, dogs—I was a man before I was a king.

Whoever makes shoddy beer, shall be thrown into manure - town law from Gdańsk, XIth century.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

...on yet another note: is it just me or this thread hit the big 50 really quickly? XD
    Not at all; it's been two months!

Here's a new one: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153953
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal