New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight IV: No More Heroes!

The Bride

She could ignore this mysterious arsonist and keep riding to the suburbs or she can deal with him because there is no way the police will here.

Damn moral compass. Pulling a sharp u-turn she draws and chases after him slicing the nozels off of the sides of every fire hydrant she passes by.

Johnny Blaze

"Then how about back to the subject of the Cullens. You might not be afraid on me over them but you should be afraid of his boss."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

((ooc: What about Nick?))

Sam

The man shrugs. "Very well." Opening the list once more, he checks for the next name.

Midnighter

"Oh my guilty conscience." His enhanced eyes search for any trapped innocents, especially children. Whatever he was, he liked children. And hated the adults they turned into.

Nicodemus

The man smiles. "Alright, Saleos. You can come out now." One of the lesser Fallen, the being was a brute. But Nicodemus wasn't being especially picky; he needed an attack dog, and this particular Fallen was very loyal to Anduriel.

I wonder what form she'll take his partner wonders. I'm thinking something...plague fiend. He always did love disease.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-03-31 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam
    The next name, Eric Draven.
    The blond man at the other side of the room stands up. "Enough of this. My name is Jasper. Cullen. What do you want?"

Nicodemus
    A demon appears. She's gone for the traditional, a manlike fold in space surrounded by flames so hot they hurt to look at. "Hello master." She says, a high, bubbly voice at odds with her appearance.
    ((An that is how the mysterious fire started))
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Eric
    "It's all going up in flames. Reminds me of the devil's night." He says, eyes staring of into the distance, slightly glazed.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Nicodemus

"How delightful seeing you in possession once more, Saleos. Come, my dear. We have a family to exterminate." Arm in arm, the two exit the cafe, and into the street, looking for a dishonest man.

Sam

"I don't suppose the name Eric Draven means anything to you?"

Midnighter

"Quit thinking about the past, and start helping with the goddamn fire!" The Midnighter activates his implants, seeking out the quickest possible way to get rid of the fire.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

6. - Top - End - #66

Johnny Blaze

Johnny turns over to Jasper.

"I threatened this man for the better part of an hour over information about your family and you didn't think to do something? Speak up? Run away? Stab me in the back when I'm not looking? Something?" Blaze shakes his head exasperated.

"I'm half tempted to drive back out and tell the Caretakers that you vampires aren't worth my time." Blaze remains human but the chain alights in hellfire and flies towards Jasper's left shoulder.

"But I'll give you one chance to amuse me first."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Johnny Blaze
    "The whole point of having men like him is so I don't have to deal with people like you." Jasper replies. "But there is only so much of this I can take. Now, what do you want?"

Nicodemus
    Turn the right corner in Sin City, and you can find... anything.
    She leaves a trail of sparks behind her, that ignite in living flames. Bildings go up, the fire seeming strong enough to burn stone. You ignore it. Your right next to her, so it doesn't burn you.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Sam Oliver

"Information about an 'Eric Draven' would do nicely, to begin with."

Nicodemus

Information was such a wondrous commodity in this era. So simple and easy to obtain, and at such reasonable prices. This city was beautiful; ablaze or standing still, the souls of the wicked spoke to the man like poetry. If only this was true for the world at large...

Still, Nicodemus wasn't merely strolling the city to take in its sin. He was looking for organized crime. Someone to take him higher up the ranks. There was profit to be made.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-03-31 at 10:50 PM.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #69

Ghost Rider

The hellfire chain wraps around Jasper's shoulder. Blaze attempts to pull him to the ground.

"And the location of the rest of your family while you are at it."
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-04-01 at 12:08 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade View Post
    Kirby

"<<Lamb...Lamb would be an improvment over the rats. Thank you.>>" Kirby says.
    Kohaku bows and leaves. She returns soon later with some roast lamb on a plate, along with a knife and fork. "Shhh."

{OOC: Yeah, she just gave Kirby a knife. }

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Travis drives into Old Town looking for trouble or something similar that will likely lead to somebody dying.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Travis
    A women on a yellow motorbike is following you, has been since the two of you almost collided on the road.
    You're nearing the outskirts now.

Johnny Blaze
    He's as immovable as the foundations of Fort Knox. "Don't even bother. I don't die here and now. If I was in any danger, she would have told me." He replied. "I have never heard of this Eric Draven."

Kohaku
    Emmette Cullen is still sprawled on the couch when return. "Is he warming to you, or not." When you don't answer straight away, he shakes his head and sighs. "No matter. Do me a favor and sort out the third floor. Oh, and send up your sister in a hour or so."

Kirbyy
    The meal is delicious. The light goes off, and the room is dark and silent.
    It is a matter of hours before the door next slides open. It's Carlisle.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Sam Oliver

"Fair enough. Come on Mr. Blaze. I have another lead."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

14. - Top - End - #74

Johnny Blaze

"You win for now vampire but I'll be back." Blaze pulls back the chain and goes with Sam outside.

Kirby

Kirby is careful to make sure the cutlery is not seen by Carlise as he enters.

"Oh Carlise. You had us all worried sick. How did purging the city of sin go?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Travis notices that the woman on the motorbike has been following him for awhile, and wonders, "What does this bitch want?"
    So he brings the bike to a halt in the outskirts via a sharp turn and gets off, beam katana at ready just incase she turns out to be a psycho bitch.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Emmette Cullen is still sprawled on the couch when return. "Is he warming to you, or not." When you don't answer straight away, he shakes his head and sighs. "No matter. Do me a favor and sort out the third floor. Oh, and send up your sister in a hour or so."
    For the first time, Kohaku seems genuinely flustered.
    "A... ah, Mr. Cullen, whatever you need Hisui-chan for..."

{OOC: I'm assuming that he asked her to call him "Mr. Cullen". What time is it, by the way?}
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-02 at 07:45 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

The Bride

Seeing Travis pull his lightsaber beam katanna she slows down. As sharp ad her sword is she doesn't want to try it against lasers.

"I hope you weren't planning on bringing that into Old Town. The girls there will end you for bringing a weapon like that in."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hey, I'm number one in the UAA, I've killed 10 of the best assassins in the United States (except Letz Shake, and I let that samurai girl live), and a ton of punks who thought they were hot enough **** to take me on. So I think a couple of hoes won't be much of a problem. Thanks for your concern, I guess, who the hell are you anyway?"

19. - Top - End - #79

The Bride

The Bride speeds up to follow right on side of Travis. She draws her sword again so that he can clearly see it.

"Yeah thats bull**** kid. I am Black Mamba of the Deadly Viper Assasination Squad. Second deadliest assasin on the planet."

She speeds up more to pass Travis and spins to place her bike in his bath.

"Now who the hell are you?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Travis laughs a bit at this and reples, "Deadly Viper assassin squad? Never heard of them. And since you're second deadliest, guess that makes me numero uno. Well it's nice to meet you Black Mamba, I'll give you credit, sounds alot better than Death Metal or Speed Buster, I'm Travis Touchdown."

21. - Top - End - #81

The Bride

"Number one would be Bill but allow you your delusions." She says

"Who are you hear to kill?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Some guy hired me to kill the Cullen Clan. Why do you want to know?"

23. - Top - End - #83

The Bride

"Because I was paid up front to kill the same family." The Birde chuckles before puting away her sword and turning around. The kid was mostly harmless.

"By the way, the Cullens live in the suburbs. You're going the wrong way."

With that she drives off heading downtown to see about that fire. If there are two seperate assasins involved there would be others out for the Cullen's blood and some of those someones would likely be involved downtown.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Dammit!" Shouts an annoyed Travis,"No one's going to steal my chance at rent money!"
    Thus he turns around, hits the gas, and speeds towards the suburbs. Though he avoids hitting any cars or people, everything else is fair game, as several stop signs, lamp-posts, mailboxes, and a traffic light learn.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Kohaku
    Emmette stands up, towering over you in an instant. His eyes narrow alarmingly. "I've had a bad day." He says, seeming suspiciously reasonable. Warning bells go off in your head. "The last thing I need is to be questioned now, by the hired help. So send up your sister, and take the rest of the night off. Not a request, an order. Capiche?"

Sam and Blaze
    As you step out of the bar, you see three things in quick succession. The first is the fire that is so bright half the city seems to be burning. Second is the two men coming towards you, both in leather, one with a harlequins make-up. And third is more of a feeling, Jasper is gone.

Kirby
    Carlisle doesn't answer. He simply looks at you, with his infuriatingly superior expresion, for a few minutes, as though minutely examining you. At last he seems satisfied and sits back, a wide smile on his face. He seems, earnest. Like a man who has just figured something out and is anxious to discuss it.
    "Tell me Kirby, do you believe in evil? Some people call it evil when soldiers knock on a door and ask a man where his brother is, and the man, terrified, tells them. Or when a women sees a full purse lying by the road and takes it. Selfish, maybe even cowardly, but not evil."
    He sits back. "But I am not asking if you believe in weakness, pettiness, or ignorance that harms others. I'm not talking about ends justifying the means, or those sins Jesus warned us of, flaws. I am talking about evil. Evil that glories in destruction. Evil that would watch the lord being crucified, behold the face of goodness, and spit on it."
    "You see, I know when I drink blood, I am simply enduring, perpetrating my existence. Humans eat, and so must we. And the lord will forgive a moment of weakness, even one like ours. Humans have moments of weakness, like the ones I stated, but that is not evil. And when I ripped the beating heart out of a young boys chest I knew I was simply doing it to inspire fear. It is that what makes me unknowable. Unfathomable. A being to be feared, and by extension respected. That ensures my survival, and my power. And our society rests on the foundations of absolute power, just as humans does. If our leaders do not posses it, it all crumbles. Everything. Then comes starvation, war, chaos. And none of those discriminate between the innocent and the guilty. A little brutality preserves us like the surgeons knife preserves life. I can justify my self. My every action may be questionable, but not evil. My question is, do you believe in an evil possessed of it's own purity? Or does every act intend some good?"

Travis and the Bride
    A well cared for, silver Volvo comes out of nowhere, and Travis is too late to turn. A chaotic few seconds later you are sprawled on the sidewalk, your bike is so much scrap metal and there is a massive dent in the fender, as well as some scratches that have gouged the finish beyond repair.
    The driver gets out. He is slenderly built, with high cheekbones, a strong jawline, a straight nose and full lips. His bronze hair is tousled, and he is wearing a polo shirt and beige leather jacket, making him the one man in this city not in black. Both of you feel an odd arousal at his mere presence, one you can't quite resist. But there is something repellent in it, profoundly unnatural.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-04-10 at 06:30 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Nicodemus

Strolling merrily around the city was fine and dandy, but there were still objectives to be made. And the Hellfire wasn't exactly subtle; it was a sheer bloody sign that the Order was here. And speaking of the Order...

Nicodemus pulls out his cell phone, and calls his daughter, vacationing with her mother in Ireland. Seeing the Church rip itself to shreds without need of intervention made for such delicacy.

"Hello my dear...that's nice...what are you two doing to each other, I can hear you through the phone...No, I am not going to kill him for you, he still might be useful...Deidre, I need the locations, and names of the major crimes bosses in Basin City...tell your mother to stop using her tongue and help as well."

Sam Oliver

"I don't suppose you know anything about this? Since its Hellfire, and I recognize it from this portal that some guy was building, and I had to destroy it..."

The Midnighter

"Well, **** this. Door." The Carrier was such a marvelous ship. Existing in every place on Earth simultaneously (or something along those lines; the Engineer was the brain, he was the one who hit things), it could open teleportation portals to any location on the planet. For example, the bottom of the ocean. Opening the Door in front of him was probably a good idea; the Midnighter had no idea about what the water would do...other than (probably) put out the fire. Or at least some of it.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Dammit! Naomi's going to charge me a fortune to fix that." Most people would probably be thanking the fact they are still alive, but Travis has suffered worse, and he loves that bike to bits.
    "What the hell *******?!" He shouts at the smexy man. "Who the **** gave you a driver's license? Watch where you're going!" He says this with no sense of irony.

28. - Top - End - #88

Blaze

"Thats Hellfire alright but I thought I was the only one who would be employing it here. Could be your second target kid." Blaze explains before shifting into the full rider form and turning to the oncoming men.

With but a glance Blaze's bike alights with hellfire and drives off on it's own into the clown and his partner.

Kirby

"An interesting dilemma I must say." Kirby smiles as he makes his way to the front of his cage.

"Make no mistake Carlise, evil is very real and if often done for it's own sake but no action with the intention of good behind can be truly called evil. Even if your God doesn't see it that way. How does that saying go? 'The path to Hell is paved with good intentions.'"

The Bride

The Bride draws her sword and faces the van. She doesn't know who is inside it or why they came up here but it seems they are looking for them and they should be dealt with quickly.

"Lightsaber out kid. Our the bike will be the least of your problems."
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-04-10 at 04:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirby
    "it is, isn't it." He replies. "Have you ever stood on a height, and thought 'I could jump?' Everyone does. Have you stood beside anyone else and thought 'I could push him?' Of course you have. So have I. When I made my first son, I stood there, and decided to. Not because it helped me, you understand. Just because I was... curious. No. Because I was bored. It is the melancholy of an immortal. In time all pleasures fade, and we must climb to greater heights. I brought him into my confidence, opened to him and acted as a second father, then as more when even that was not enough anymore. Then I betrayed him in the most profound way I could imagine."
    "Why? Because I could. What more reason did I need? It was the moment closest to a purity of evil I have ever felt."

The Bride and Travis
    Edward hasn't taken his eyes of Tavis yet. "Oh shut up kid." He growls, although he's almost definitely younger then you. "Cry me a river. Honestly, you are such a pain. No wonder everyone avoids you. Your constant yelling, your delusions of adequacy, it's enough to drive even the sanest man to murder. Do you really think swearing makes you seem dangerous? Really?"

Blaze, Midnighter, Sam and Eric
    Everyone who followed you out of the bar backs away, giving you a wide berth as the three of you confront each other.
    Sam finds his eyes drawn to a crow, sitting on a rooftop pecking at the sill. Somehow, you feel your hand itch for the harmonica.

Nicodemus
    ((Don't know anything about their manner, so I'll cut it short.))
    "Herr Wallenquist is running the show these days. But there are a few wildcards. Some we don't know anything about. And of course Old town is it's own show." As you're about to hang up, she adds: "A new don is starting to take control, but he doesn't have much power yet."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

"No this does ****head!" He activates the beam katana with an upward swing and readies it for action. "Now you're either going to pay for that bike, or you get to go to hell. Take your pick."