New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight IV: No More Heroes!

The Bride

"Less talking, more stabbing." The Bride tell Travis as she lunges at Edward.

Kirby

"Do not mistake ennui for evil Carlise. If anything that would be a moment of selfish human weakness as you mentioned before. True evil is done with no other intention than to bring harm to another." Kirby explains with a toothy grin.

"Unless you meant to to hurt your child."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Sam
    Everyone who followed you out of the bar backs away, giving you a wide berth as the three of you confront each other.
    Sam finds his eyes drawn to a crow, sitting on a rooftop pecking at the sill. Somehow, you feel your hand itch for the harmonica.

Sam gawkes at the newcomers. "What is this, the bondage club? Do I need a leather jacket or something? I have a suit, but...really..." It's true; the twenty-two year old does look the odd man out, dressed as he is in a tuxedo T-shirt, and a jacket that still has his Work Bench nametag ("Hello, my name is Sam! Have a Nice Day") pinned to it. The itch was definitely not normal.

"Does the name Eric Draven ring any bells?"

Midnighter

"You don't want to see me on bondage night, kid. Get out of my way before I hit you with something. Same with you, Skeleton. I've gone far too long without ripping somebody's skull from their spine."

Nicodemus

((Sultry, but loyal. She is his daughter, after all.))

"Thank you my dear. Please, return to your scheduled activities. If you left them, that is. Kiss Kiss."

Returning the phone to his trenchcoat pocket, Nicodemus turns to the nearest policeman. This was Basin City, after all.

"Excuse me, my dear boy, but could you direct me to Herr Wallenquist? I have some business with him. And a strange urge to fiddle like I did oh so long ago..." Really, those flames were quite beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirby
    "Of course I did. That was what I created him for." Carlisle replied. "I think evil has agents. We allow evil to use us. It doesn't care if we know what we're doing is evil or not. After we've done its will, it can continue to use us or discard us."
    He leans forward. "To my eyes, the world holds two mysteries. Evil is the first, and love is the second. I have seen love used, exaggerated into a mockery of itself, perverted, faked, betrayed. Love is a pitiful, fragile, corruptible thing. And yet I have seen in evince a curious strength. It is beyond my comprehension, this weakness that so often triumphs over strength. Ridiculous, yet curious."

The Bride and Tavis
    Edward deftly twists around the blade, and launches a right cross. It dazes you slightly, and knocks a tooth out, cracking you jaw in the bargain. His eyes are cold, you notice. No warmth, no life, no expression. Nothing.

Nicodemus
    The man stares at you. "What are you, tired of life? I don't know anyone by that name, and neither do you. Unless you want to wind up a missing person, of course."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

Eric Draven
    The man with the painted face stares at you, dark eyes fixing on yours. "That would be me. May I help you?" He asks, his features exagerating the movement.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Sam Oliver

"Eric Draven...the Devil sent me. He wants you back in Hell." Sam pulls out the harmonica, and horribly mangles the first notes of The Devil Went Down to Georgia. A song that he won't be able to hear anymore without crying a little inside. Andi...

Nicodemus

"I'm hardly tired of life. But will you not let a man choose his own path, should he wish to die?" Ah, free will. Such a beautiful thing.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-04-10 at 10:39 PM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

6. - Top - End - #96

The Bride

"That was some punch." The Bride mutters as she falls back to the pavement as she falls she spins making another swipe at the vampire with her sword, this time at his left calf muscle.

Ghost Rider

"At least he didn't play "Ghost Riders in the Sky" for me." Blaze mutters before moving towards his bike.

Kirby

"Love is quite curious indeed. I myself have no personal experience with it but many of my victims had." Kirby says a slight hint of grisly nostalgia slipping into his slimey voice.

"There was this Princess, Princess Daisy of Sarasaland. Even as I dined upon some of her more important organs her only thoughts were of her fiancee Luigi Mario and his saftey. It was quite touching. Almost enough to bring me to tears."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Travis never really liked to see women get hurt or killed, even if they were his opponents. Seeing Edward punch her like in a Street Fighter match really made him angry. Thus he charges towards Edward shouting like a maniac, and tries an upward strike on Edward.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Calisle nods. "Truly. It is that dichotomy that appeals to me. Incomprehensible. I myself have had no experience of it, my wife is simply to give my children a mother. Yet it is no doubt the reason I do obsess over it."
    He looks up at you. "Do you know why I caught you Kirby?"

Eric
    The vigor fades from your bones, and the crow squawkes, desperately before dropping to the ground, dead.

The Bride and Travis
    The sword meets unexpected resistance, not quite severing the muscle, but only making it half way. He looses his balance, totters, and falls, catching himself against the car.
    Seeing Travis charge at him, he throws himself out of the way. The blade instead ears a huge gash in the car.
    Edward picks himself up gingerly, but quickly enough not to leave himself open. He doesn't take the offensive, glaring at the two of you.

Nicodemus
    The man seems confused, so follows the general principle. "Then you don't know the name, and you're not interested in learning more. He pats you on the shoulder "good man."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-04-11 at 09:04 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Nicodemus

Nicodemus steeples his fingers together, and exhales slowly. Once he is sure that he is calm, cool, and collected, he nods his thanks to the policeman. Then, his shadow rises up behind the cop, envelops the man in its freezing embrace until only his face peers out, and the man is risen several inches into the air. At his throat lies a silver dagger. In the exact same, polite tone he used before, Nicodemus repeats himself.

"Excuse me, my dear boy, but could you direct me to Herr Wallenquist?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

10. - Top - End - #100

Kirby

"I thought it was because I was dining on the town and it was causing some suspicion to fall upon you but please enlighten me."

The Bride

"One of the Cullens I assume." The Bride returns to her feet and bows slightly in a mocking manner.

"You may be strong and unnaturally tough but you alone can't take on two of the deadiliest assasins like this, so how about calming down and settling this like civilized human beings."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirby
    Carlisle shakes his head. "It would take more then even your excesses to do that in this town, my friend. No, I captured you for study, which I have done, and because I wish to recruit you. I want to work with you. Why? Fear." He leans forward. "You are the finest artist of it I have ever met. It is a shame to see such a talent go to waste."

The Bride
    Edward, still using the car to keep his foot from slipping under him, stares at you, then nods. "Of course. What can I help you with?" You can't tell if he's being sarcastic.

Nicodemus
    The policeman gags and gasps, all but hyperventilating. He's nodding desperately. "Of course - of course sir. He has an apartment in the inner city, 295-297 George Street. That's where we meet him. I don't have a clue where he lives the rest of the time. Please don't kkill me!" He begs, stuttering over the last sentence.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-04-12 at 06:45 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Nicodemus

"Thank you," the immortal says, patting the cop on the head. "Good man." The knife leaves the cop without a tongue; he'll live, provided that he receives medical attention shortly. Time to be off.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #103

The Bride

"There much better. Now how exactly do you still have a leg after being cut by this sword? Nothing can withstand a Hattori Hanzo sword." The Bride asks leaning against her bike, ignoring the fact that this kid is one of her targets for the time being.

Kirby

"Really? Oh now you got me all embarrassed Carlise. Its rare for anyone to praise my talents. What could one such as me possibly do for you?"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirby
    "Don't work for me. Work with me. Do as you have always done, only longer and harder. Put the fear of god into this city, or at least the fear of Kirby. Sate your every desire, your every impulse, on the vermin who crawl in this belly of this cankerous mass. Make them afraid to walk the street, afraid of their own shadows until they quake at the very mention of your name. Are you with me?"

The Bride
    "You didn't hit me hard enough." Edward replies. wincing. The cut's healing has slowed, and he is obviously someone not used to physical pain. "I got lucky, that's all. Now why are you trying to kill me? If it's pay, then I'll match whatever your being offered. No, I'll double it."
    It's a tempting offer. All the reward, none of the work. Bill would refuse, professionalism demands you do what you're paid for, otherwise you're not a warrior or an assassin, you are just a thug with a blade. But if you are going to retire anyway...
    "Edward, what's going on out there?" A beautiful women gets out, with chestnut hair and a body most models would kill for. Her smle lights up the sky, but she's not smiling now. "If they're being a bother, kill them and lets go on. We're wasting time here."

Nicodemus
    Herr Wallenquist is a big man, though you can't be sure if it's muscle or fat. His fave is lined and scared from pimples and working in a foundry, and his suit costs more then the townhouse. Small designer shades cover his eyes despite the murk, a cigar is clamped between his thick lips, rings glint n his fingers, and every one of his servants and guests seems to be a gorgeous woman who can't be bothered with clothing.
    The only exception is a black robed man, small, or maybe shrunken with a hooked nose, hooded eyes, yellowy skin and a shaved head.
    "I don't know you. So you have a proposition of some sort. Lets hear it then." He says, in a thickly accented voice.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-04-12 at 08:07 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

It seems that when Bella walked out, Travis's beam katana grew a little in length and vibrancy, what a pervert.
    "Oh you're Edward the vampire freak thing, okay that makes it easy then. Your offer sounds good, but you trashed my bike, and you were a douche about it, so bring it on!"
    Once again he bum-rushes Edward, attempting a flurry of slashes against the sparkley man.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Nicodemus
    To show that he is acting in good faith, Nicodemus comes alone. Or as alone as he can; Anduriel is always with him. Always offering suggestions, plotting. But casting a finely trained eye around the room, the Denarian finds himself slightly impressed. While his own attire was hardly as elegant as that of Wallenquist's, anyone can see that it was custom made. As for the women...Nicodemus had been roaming the earth for over two thousand years. While he does appreciate them, he doesn't allow himself to be distracted.

"When I last worked with organized crime, there was a certain number of formalities before business. It is such a shame to see that civility is no longer tolerated in the here and now. But, to business. My request is this: cut the power. Citywide."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the women, olive skinned with the body of a Victoria's Secret model shakes her head, black tresses tumbling. Somehow she manages to make even that seem like an invitation to bed. "Herr Wallenquist is not a criminal. He is a businessman" She says in a french accent. "The law simply does not apply to him. L'Etat, c'est moi"
    The man inclines his head. He doesn't seem as though your request was even unexpected. "I prefer Argumentum ad Baculum, myself. As to your request, certainly. It will occur in twenty minutes, after I make the requisite arrangements. I can do it for an hour, before partial recovery at most of the central grids. Full recovery not for about a month. Any longer is too complicated, and not worth my expense." He takes a drag on his cigar. "I take sixty percent of whatever you are taking, or one hundred million euro's. Whatever is higher. Furthermore you owe me a favor. If you fail to deliver, what is owed, you will regret it."
    He extends a hand. "Now that that is out of the way, civility can be brought in. Anything else I can do for you?"

Travis
    Edward turns, and launches a feint, then barrels into you, sensibly realizing that the length of your weapon makes it useless in close quarters. His teeth snap at your throat, while his hands grapple at yours, trying to pin you.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-04-12 at 10:34 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

Eric
    The man shudders, falling to his knees. Something in him has changed, he no longer seems so nimble, graceful or powerful.

Alexander Anderson
    Pages fluttered as the priest removed his bible. The church was abandoned, the corpse of the old man lying there. Anderson had business with him himself tonight, and it vexed him someone had got there first. He admires the cut, so sharp the layers of skin and flesh hadn't bled into each other. Almost mono-filament precision.
    A professional job. More then one, this sort of work could only be performed by a number of people he could count without a list. He snarls.
    No matter the man, the enemies of god are not free to spill their blood.
    Taking the bible he turns to the last pages. These were not rites or ceremonies you'd find in anyone else's, these were unique to the Iscariot.
    Chanting the words in latin, he watched the form of a figure take place. As much as he preferred to work alone, he had a better idea.

"Archer." He said, when the ritual was finished. "It be time tae hun'."

19. - Top - End - #109

Ghost Rider

Johnny Blaze fed up with Sam gets on his bike and drives off down the road leaving a trail of hellfire. The kid has a completely different agenda and despite his employ by the Lord of Darkness he doesn't seem to be evil so nothing would be gained by killing him. No better to do this on his own.

The Bride

"Damnit kid, you're going to get up both killed. Use your head for once." The Bride sighs.

She's probably get in Travis's way going after Edward but that girl is no doubt a member of the clan and should be taken care of as well. A distinct feeling that there is something unnatural about these two hits the bride in a way she can't shake but can't do anything about.

She lunges out with her sword toward's the woman's stomach.

Kirby

"Is there anything specific you would like me to hunt then?" Kirby is intrigued by this offer but still cautious. He can't afford to be tricked by these vampires again.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirby

"Of course not. You are the artist. I leave it to you."

Ghost Rider

As you drive, you catch a glimpse to your left. It's the vampire who was at the bar.

The Bride

Unlike Edward, who is clearly very experienced, she is clumsy. She's faster then you, and stronger, but if she ever ran into Pei Mei he would have laughed and sent her away.
    She knocks the sword with her hand, before screaming as the blade severs the tendons on her wrist.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Nicodemus

"Your terms are...acceptable. My contact information" Nicodemus pulls out a sealed manilla envelope, which contains a sheet of blank paper...and a very old coin. "John Marcone also has knowledge of how to contact me. The two of us have...an arrangement." Smiling slightly, Nicodemus shakes the hand offered.

"I don't suppose a drink would be too much to ask for?"

Sam Oliver

"You're...human. Like the other guy. What is with this..." Sam whips out the list again. "I don't suppose you're working against the Devil as well?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Nicodemus
    "Of course. Scotch is my drink. I hope it is yours." One of the women hands him a bottle and two glasses, he pours two and drinks the first. "Tell me, do you play Poker? The gentlemen's game, they call it. Lets play a hand. If you win, I will cut my fee in half. If I do, well I suppose it's only fair to let you name the terms yourself."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #113

Ghost Rider

Upon seeing Jasper, Blaze turns his bike around so to ram into him with the bike's hellfire tires.

"Ready for round two?"

The Bride

That kind of strength and toughness but no skill, must be some sort of artificial enhancement. That explains a lot.

The Bride redirects her blow towards the underside of Bella's neck.

Kirby

"So you want me to go out into the city and slaughter people in order to bring fear to this wretched hive with no restrictions?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Edward might be surprised by two things, one that Travis is much stronger and more durable than his scrawny frame would suggest, and two, that he knows lucha libre. He grabs at Edward with both hands, lifts him , and tries to preform a suplex on him.
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2010-04-13 at 04:45 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Kohaku
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Emmette stands up, towering over you in an instant. His eyes narrow alarmingly. "I've had a bad day." He says, seeming suspiciously reasonable. Warning bells go off in your head. "The last thing I need is to be questioned now, by the hired help. So send up your sister, and take the rest of the night off. Not a request, an order. Capiche?"
    "...right, I'll get her!" Her smile returning, Kohaku bows and leaves.

Shortly after, Hisui arrives.
    "Mr. Cullen, onee-chan said you wanted me?"
    Behind her, Kohaku leaves quietly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Note: Hisui always refers to her sister with "nee-san". Identical twins, remember?

Nrvnqsr Chaos
    His crows keep an eye on the vengeance demon. He had come to find a True Ancestor, but had discovered something almost as interesting.

But now, he must feed. He begins to parse the information gathered by his beasts, searching for a good location with lots of people but few escape routes.

Archer
    {OOC: Almost missed this. I was willing to drop it, but if you summoned him...}
    Archer glances around the room and raises an eyebrow.
    "Pfeh. This a surprise. I never expected to be summoned by a member of the Burial Agency. So then, Master, for what reason have I been summoned?"
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-13 at 04:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Anderson
    "Ye're here tae hunt, lad." The massive glaswegian replies. "Vampires'n murderers. Mother Holy Church herself is behind ye."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirby
    "Indeed. Enjoy yourself."

The Bride
    Bella leaps back, just out of reach, and screams for Edward. But he is otherwise occupied, and doesn't come. Instead she backs away, glaring at you.

Ghost Rider
    Jasper gives the most succinct answer possible. He removes a gun from his coat lining, and fires of six shots. They hit both your tires, your fuel tank, your breaks and your steering.

Nero Chaos
    There is a concert half a kilometer away. Some local band, but they seem to have quite a local following. So many people, trapped together, unable to escape, barely able to move...

Kohaku
    Emmette nodds vaguely. He's sprawled across the bed, casually, staring at the ceiling. "That's right, little sister." He replies, as the door shuts behind you. "The truth is, I need someone to talk to. Or at. Rosalie has been away for almost a month, and... well... a man can get lonely."
    He sits up. There is a hunger in his eyes, that you aren't altogether sure is healthy. "Tell me about yourself."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Nrvnqsr Chaos
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    There is a concert half a kilometer away. Some local band, but they seem to have quite a local following. So many people, trapped together, unable to escape, barely able to move...
    It is suitable. Nrvnqsr begins to walk towards the concert. Along the way, a black dog appears from a side-street and walks alongside him for a while before merging into his body. A crow lands and perches on his shoulder, before disappearing in the same way. It would be inefficient to divide his chaos for the moment.

Kohaku
    Emmette nodds vaguely. He's sprawled across the bed, casually, staring at the ceiling. "That's right, little sister." He replies, as the door shuts behind you. "The truth is, I need someone to talk to. Or at. Rosalie has been away for almost a month, and... well... a man can get lonely."
    He sits up. There is a hunger in his eyes, that you aren't altogether sure is healthy. "Tell me about yourself."
    Hisui nods.
    "There isn't much to say about me, Mr. Cullen. I've lived most of my life in service of the Tohno family, and I rarely travelled outside the grounds of the mansion."
    She pauses. "Can you tell me about you? I'm sure you have lots of interesting stories."

Archer
    Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    "Ye're here tae hunt, lad." The massive glaswegian replies. "Vampires'n murderers. Mother Holy Church herself is behind ye."
    "Indeed. But..." Archer raises his hand, with his index, middle and ring finger extended. "I have three questions. First, is there a specific target you have called me to defeat, or do you intend a more long-term service?"
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-13 at 05:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

Alexander Anderson
    "Ah dinnae ken yet. We'll see. A' the moment tho' yon abominations should do jeu' fine." He replies. "Ah wantae feel ye out, learn how ye work, ye ken." He straightens, slamming his book shut. This takes a while, he's pushing eight feet and is almost five feet across the chest. His green eyes twinkle behind his glasses.
    "How do ye do this? I usually jus' go find someone who knows more'n me, and ask questions."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

"I watch. If you stood by the road outside the city and held that book open, I could read it from where I stand, such are my senses. If my targets wield Magecraft of some kind, I can sense its use."

He pauses. "And now for my second question. It concerns my summoning."
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-13 at 05:37 PM.