New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default 3.5 PrC Divine Soldier [Peach]

Divine Soldier

A divine soldier sees devotion to his deity and his martial pursuits to be the same thing. He is intent on the absolute perfection of his military abilities. Divine soldiers worship exclusively war gods. Clangeddin, Arvoreen, Kord, Heironious, Hextor, Erythnul, Gruumsh, etc. Clerics, Paladins, and Monks are the most common Divine Soldiers, though Rangers, Druids, and devout Barbarians and Fighters are not uncommon.
    Hit Die:D10

Requirements:
    BAB: +10
    Patron Deity: Must have War, Strength, Courage, Army, or Destruction Domain.
    Skills: Knowledge Religion 8 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks
    Feat: Dodge, Power Attack

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|AC|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |+1|
    Domain Power

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |+1|Evasion

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |+2|DR 2/-

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |+2|Bonus Feat

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |+3|Bonus Feat[/table]

Class Skills: The Divine Soldier’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge Religion (Int), Ride (Dex), and Swim (Str).

Skill Points per Level: 2+Intelligence Modifier

Class Features:

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Divine Soldier gains no new proficiencies.

Domain Power: At 1st level, a Divine Soldier is granted access to a Domain Power from her god, but it must be one of these domains: Army, Courage, Destruction, Strength, or War.

AC Bonus: At 1st level, a Divine Soldier gains a +1 Divine AC Bonus. This bonus is similar to the Monk AC bonus, and stacks with the Monk AC bonus. This bonus increases to +2 at 3rd level, and +3 at 5th.

Evasion At 2nd level, a Divine Soldier can avoid attacks much more easily. When an attack offers a Reflex save for half, a Divine Soldier takes no damage if they succeed on the save. If the soldier has Evasion from a previous class, she instead gains Improved Evasion.

DR: At 3rd level, a Divine Soldier becomes much more resilient to attacks. They gain Damage Reduction 2 to all sources. This damage reduction stacks with the DR gained by a Barbarian.

Bonus Feats: At 4th and 5th levels, a Divine Character gains a Bonus Feat as a Fighter, drawn from the fighter list.

EDIT: okay, how do I get the table tags to work? I've tried BOTH types of table tags I know in BBCode and HTML, and can't get it right. Help Please?

EDIT AGAIN: Okay, I FINALLY got it. Freaking 3rd version of table coding... Makes no sense.
    Last edited by Drend; 2010-03-31 at 08:43 PM.
    Avatar of Drasell D'Landell by deuxhero

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 PrC Divine Soldier [Peach]

Looks pretty cool, but there's no kinda end result. The first three levels are interesting and all, but the last two are just bonus feats. (Shrug) Only my thoughts. More useful for you is the bump.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Domain Power: There is no Army domain. Not in PHB or Spell Compendium, anyway. Anything more exotic should probably be identified as to source.

4th/5th level: May as well make this a 3-level prestige class instead.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maybe you can rule it that at level 4 or 5 you gain Weapon Specialization with the deity´s signature weapon even if you don´t meet the prereqs (good for non-fighters only though). Maybe if you already have WS (which implies you have at least 4 levels of fighter) you gain "greater Weapon Focus" for free. The other level could be made more appealing as well.
    Bonus feat could be replaced by "axiomatic / anarchic" or "holy / unholy" weapon, for your weapon of choice (has the same alignment of your deity)
    Last edited by Ossian; 2010-04-01 at 05:56 AM.
    Enjoy my creations
    Gatsu, from Berserk (Kentaro Miura's)
    A hero: the Tekkaman space-knight.
    The villain he has to face: Dobrai, Valdaster Overlord from Tekkaman

Threadwinner of Vs Mage challenges.
    Warning: may perform below standards if target has no heat signature (eg: undead mage)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I recommend giving the bonus feats at levels 2 and 4, throwing in imp evasion and better DR at level 5.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

I have to agree with the others. Bonus feets are not decent capstones. Rearange and increase the power of whatever ends up at level 5, or cut to three levels.