New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1418
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law (Thread 2!)

I suprised no one picked up on the "Mom and Dad" thing.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground

...very good point. XD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Words can't describe how much I'm looking forward to someone, anyone, telling Janine to cut it off with the nymphomania. Her companions are patience and tolerance personified. I'd have already neutered her if I were any of them.
    Well, only Lloyd and Radic are sane enough to care if all their companions are crazy. (I'm tentatively placing Serrin in the "Crazy" camp here.) Radic is Janine's friend, and has had a long time to grow accustomed to her quirks.

And for Lloyd, Janine is the least of his headaches. She doesn't leap from trees onto armed strangers, doesn't commit crimes or suffer from anger issues, isn't a poorly disguised not-quite-evil dragon...she has exactly one, self-contained way of trying his patience, and outside that single issue, is competent and professional. Compared to most of his crew, Janine is almost the ideal teammate.

Which isn't so much an exoneration for Janine but a sign of just how low he is forced to set his standards...
    Last edited by mucat; 2010-06-04 at 12:15 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mucat View Post
    Well, only Lloyd and Radic are sane enough to care if all their companions are crazy. (I'm tentatively placing Serrin in the "Crazy" camp here.) Radic is Janine's friend, and has had a long time to grow accustomed to her quirks.

And for Lloyd, Janine is the least of his headaches. She doesn't leap from trees onto armed strangers, doesn't commit crimes or suffer from anger issues, isn't a poorly disguised not-quite-evil dragon...she has exactly one, self-contained way of trying his patience, and outside that single issue, is competent and professional. Compared to most of his crew, Janine is almost the ideal teammate.

Which isn't so much an exoneration for Janine but a sign of just how low he is forced to set his standards...
    Kinda. Also, he's holding out hope that she'll change. And Janine is competent; you can't deny that.

Now, there's something you need to realize here. Radic is the person who is most likely and most able to get Janine to stop. HOWEVER, Radic and Janine are best friends. Furthermore, Radic knows why Janine acts this way. Therefore, Radic gives Janine a free pass, only nudging her when it starts to get really ridiculous.

I'm just saying that this is what Radic does. I am NOT saying that it is right.

I'm starting the update...Now! I've been laughing over the script all day!

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

(jumps up and down in anticipation)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Kinda. Also, he's holding out hope that she'll change. And Janine is competent; you can't deny that.

Now, there's something you need to realize here. Radic is the person who is most likely and most able to get Janine to stop. HOWEVER, Radic and Janine are best friends. Furthermore, Radic knows why Janine acts this way. Therefore, Radic gives Janine a free pass, only nudging her when it starts to get really ridiculous.

*eagerface*

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I suprised no one picked up on the "Mom and Dad" thing.
    And we know that the elf is the mother.

Words can't describe how much I'm looking forward to someone, anyone, telling Janine to cut it off with the nymphomania. Her companions are patience and tolerance personified. I'd have already neutered her if I were any of them.
    You know, I have to agree. I feel like there needs to be some serious repercussions for this, even if it's used for humour first. After having told them to stop this kind of thing, Loyd can't just sit back and let Janine act like this, not if he wants keep any control over his party.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-06-04 at 04:07 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Barbarian in the Playground

So you ARE writing a webcomic. (talking about this)
    -Xavez
    My name is pronounced "ZAH-vez"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    But you can't ride in a pack saddle unless you're an object. So better switch to Female.

9. - Top - End - #1239

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    And we know that the elf is the mother.

You know, I have to agree. I feel like there needs to be some serious repercussions or this, even if it's used for humour first. After having told them to stop this kind of thing, Loyd can't just sit back and let Janine act like this, not if he wants keep any control over his party.
    Don't worry, Janine will calm down a bit after this. You'll see. Also, she thought Serrin's grandparents were exaggerating the effects of the potion...You'll see.

So you ARE writing a webcomic. (talking about this)
    -Xavez
    And where have you been? I updated yesterday too!

10. - Top - End - #1240

Don't worry, Janine will calm down a bit after this. You'll see. Also, she thought Serrin's grandparents were exaggerating the effects of the potion...You'll see.

And where have you been? I updated yesterday too!
    Where haven't I been?
    -Xavez
    But you can't ride in a pack saddle unless you're an object. So better switch to Female.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Xavez View Post
    Where haven't I been?
    -Xavez
    My place? Unless you disguised yourself as my cat. In which case, you might want to do something about your flatulence problem.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-06-04 at 03:16 PM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

12. - Top - End - #1242

ClericGuy

In any case...

#39: Critical Communication Failure
    Spoiler
    Show
    [IMG]*can't...stop...laughing...[/IMG]

I had so much fun making this comic.
    I...can't...stop...laughing!!!

Oh Janine, what have you gotten yourself into...
    Now the entire male population of the town will be thrown into complete love-fest.

You have made my day funny Coffee! This is awesome!

I'm looking forward to the funnies.
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm glad that someone agrees with me, doubly so that it's Zanaril.

We already talked over this, but if this potion is supposed to drive nearby people's hormones into a frenzy, it hardly counts as leaving free will to your prey, and I used the word "prey" purposefully. Forcing or manipulating someone's feelings or hormones is the same thing in my book: intolerable and bound to put you on my "discreetly dispose of" list.

Which incidentally is why I don't do roleplaying, because all the members of my party would somehow end up dying heroically in battle when the closest enemy is on the other side of the planet.

14. - Top - End - #1244

I'm glad that someone agrees with me, doubly so that it's Zanaril.

We already talked over this, but if this potion is supposed to drive nearby people's hormones into a frenzy, it hardly counts as leaving free will to your prey, and I used the word "prey" purposefully. Forcing or manipulating someone's feelings or hormones is the same thing in my book: intolerable and bound to put you on my "discreetly dispose of" list.

Which incidentally is why I don't do roleplaying, because all the members of my party would somehow end up dying heroically in battle when the closest enemy is on the other side of the planet.
    There is a reason that Janine does this and I can't tell you because it's spoilers and a huge huge HUGE part of her past, but trust me when I say that it makes sense in character.

(I just don't want you to think of Janine the way you think of Belkar; they're very different characters.)

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Now now. I know Belkar and Janine are different. I hate Belkar not because he's a psychopathic mass murderer who'll probably get in my favorite character's pants at some point. Xykon is a mass-murdering serial rapist (though this part is implied only in Start of Darkness) bent on turning the world into his hopeless playground and I don't mind him. I hate Belkar because of the way the universe, or Rich if you wish, has treated him so far, especially when compared to my favorite characters (hi Miko, hi V). One's not sure Belkar will actually get what he deserves since he's one of the protagonists (the story won't abandon him once he dies), whereas one can reasonably expect Xykon to get his just deserts at some point, being the head villain.

It's Janine's personality that annoys me, though I do admit I'd have liked Lloyd to make it clear her courtship was not funny a long ago. I don't mind promiscuous people. I know you told me Janine considers Lloyd as an actual person, but so far, in the strip, I don't see it. Since her first appearance, she has behaved in a way implying she sees Lloyd only as someone to bed because he's handsome. (Incidentally, I'm looking forward to Janine being developped beyond "I wanna bone Lloyd" for I find it to be getting old.)

"Charisma potions" also strike me as selfish manipulation and blatant disrespect for people's free will, which are things I've always loathed.
    Last edited by Dark Faun; 2010-06-04 at 04:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Now now. I know Belkar and Janine are different. I hate Belkar not because he's a psychopathic mass murderer who'll probably get in my favorite character's pants at some points. Xykon is a mass-murdering serial rapist (though this part is implied only in Start of Darkness) bent on turning the world into his hopeless playground and I don't mind him. I hate Belkar because of the way the universe, or Rich if you wish, has treated him so far, especially when compared to my favorite characters (hi Miko, hi V). One's not sure Belkar will actually get what he deserves since he's one of the protagonists (the story won't abandon him once he dies), whereas one can reasonably expect Xykon to get his just deserts at some point, being the head villain.

It's Janine's personality that annoys me, though I do admit I'd have liked Lloyd to make it clear her courtship was not funny a long ago. I don't mind promiscuous people. I know you told me Janine considers Lloyd as an actual person, but so far, in the strip, I don't see it. Since her first appearance, she has behaved in a way implying she sees Lloyd only as someone to bed because he's handsome. (Incidentally, I'm looking forward to Janine being developped beyond "I wanna bone Lloyd" for I find it to be getting old.)

"Charisma potions" also strike me as selfish manipulation and blatant disrespect for people's free will, which are things I've always loathed.
    Listen, I've got Janine's development all planned out, like the entire strip. I think you'll like where it's headed. Please, trust me.

About this potion: Serrin's parents made it as a gag gift. They didn't realize how strong it was until a previous party drank it in the store and started going at right then and there.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-06-04 at 04:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Banned

Listen, I've got Janine's development all planned out, like the entire strip. I think you'll like where it's headed. Please, trust me.

About this potion: Serrin's parents made it as a gag gift. They didn't realize how strong it was until a previous party drank it in the store and started going at right then and their.
    Lol, big screwup on their part then.
    By the way, i think you meant there with the last word, their makes no sense.

So now that it's happening again they are panicking?

By the way, how's the comic coming along?
    Last edited by Closak; 2010-06-04 at 04:42 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1248

Quote Originally Posted by Closak View Post
    Lol, big screwup on their part then.
    By the way, i think you meant there with the last word, their makes no sense.

So now that it's happening again they are panicking?

By the way, how's the comic coming along?
    Yeah, whoops.

Pretty much. I'm putting in the dialogue now; I should be done in about half an hour.

19. - Top - End - #1249

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    My place? Unless you disguised yourself as my cat. In which case, you might want to do something about your flatulence problem.
    Fool! I AM your cat!
    -Xavez

20. - Top - End - #1250

Sorry, but I have to go somewhere. I'll post it when I get back.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

People, there's a random banter thread in this very forum, as well as PMs. Please use either of them instead of spamming the thread.

Not necessarily. I judge people based on what they do, not what they suffer.

About this potion: Serrin's parents made it as a gag gift. They didn't realize how strong it was until a previous party drank it in the store and started going at right then and there.
    While the party members were idiots to drink it as soon as purchased, I'd disown any relative willing to make an aphrodisiac (which, I stress, remains manipulation whatever you say) for kicks and giggles.

22. - Top - End - #1252

Because I simply had to take this as far as it could go. I had so much fun with this comic.

#40: Insult To Remus
    Spoiler
    Show

And yes, that is a reference to A Midsummer Night's Dream in the last panel. There was a school production where a Helena dressed in a little black dress, knee-high boots, and fishnet stockings did exactly what Janine is doing in the last panel, while shouting that line, and it was utterly, gloriously, hilarious.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

Haha, Matt was certainly quick in unfastening his belt.

Of course, what I wanted Lloyd to say was "Continue, and there'll be enough Janine to decorate the entire Elven Homeland."

It seems they forgot the most efficient way to deal with a nymphomaniac though: application of a blunt object to the face. Repeat as needed.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ettin in the Playground

Words fail me, so I shall respond with the time honoured method of the smilie:

EDIT: Although I am more than a little curious about what a shape-shifted dragon would be like in bed....
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2010-06-04 at 07:04 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

Heh.
    See, the difference between me and Janine is that when my Lloyd said no (the FIRST time) I'd go and try someone else. So by now, my and Matt would be sneaking off every night and everyone'd be happy.
    (Sigh)

Epic comic, as always.
    I need a hug...

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Heehee! *nervous snickering*
    Lloyd's reaction is great! Particularly the last panel, poor man looks so terrified! XD Good thing that Radic is around, she seems to know what to do..

Hmm, wonder what Matt and Tinder will be thinking after the effect wears off..

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Epic comic, as always.
    I need a hug...
    Why, Lix?
    Last edited by CWater; 2010-06-04 at 07:08 PM.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Banned

...LOL!

Both Matt and Tinder succumbed on the spot.
    Yeah, "Experiences" indeed Tinder

And Lloyd is freaking out and doing all he can to resist.
    And Radic has apparantly had enough.

EDIT: Although I am more than a little curious about what a shape-shifted dragon would be like in bed....
    Me too actually.
    Last edited by Closak; 2010-06-04 at 07:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1258

Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneSSX View Post
    Words fail me, so I shall respond with the time honoured method of the smilie:

Why ? Is that good or bad?

Epic comic, as always.
    I need a hug...
    Thank you! *Hugs*

It probably involves alcohol.

Haha, Matt was certainly quick in unfastening his belt.
    Well, he does have the lowest will save of the group.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    Matt might not notice a difference.

EDIT:
    Why, Lix?
    Feel lonely.

^ (Hugs Coffee) Thanks, gonna stop derailing the thread for sympathy now...
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2010-06-04 at 07:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Closak View Post
    And Radic has apparanty had enough.
    Which is what I've been looking forward to for ages.

It probably involves alcohol.
    As well as a stake, a torch and a tied-up Janine.
    Last edited by Dark Faun; 2010-06-04 at 08:01 PM.