New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Eragon the Lynching II: The First Age

Stannis
    The King halts, slamming the pike point down into the ground, and dismounts, leading the horse closer.
    Stannis usually has little interest in parley, once a war was ready to be fought their was no chance of resolution, and he does not treat with traitors. However the organization of his troops would take a while, and a few minutes delay would serve him well.
    "Who commands this rabble?" He says loudly as he comes within bowshot.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Dras-Leona

Go away, little man. The thought suddenly appears in Gilgamesh's head. I can kill you in many ways if you attempt to harm me. Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for while I detest the taste of serpent, I adore the smell of roast fox.

The boy's skill with his blade was not mere empty boasting. The abomination moves to deflect the lunge, while Eragon immediately begins to fight dirty. As their blades lock, his leg moves to kick Feanor in the fork of his legs.

Ellcrys

"We are able to leave immediately. We must travel lightly, for we will travel swiftly; as the Ellcrys dies, the Forbidding weakens, and some demons may be able to breach the barrier."

Queen's Hall

With Malus's foot upon his throat, Driz'zt is able to do little more than stare at the dark elf angrily. His fingers twitch, as if he held one of his scimitars.

Helgrind

The doors open once more, and a worn, raggedy looking man storms in. A set of extremely hairy white eyebrows defines the man's leathery face, while his blue eyes assess the situation.

"Name's Zel. The king sent me."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quenthel walks over to the elf queen's body, keeping her ears open. She makes sure to appear confident; demon or no, she needs to command respect. The priestess almost laughs at herself for her mistake, for the one thing she forgot. A gem; something to store a soul in. Quenthel reaches the monarch's corpse and looks around for anything piece of jewelry, any precious stone to use.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

The monarch's body holds two. A silver ring set with a single star sapphire is the easiest to find; the other adornment she wears is an intricate web of tiny sapphires set in gold, woven into the queen's hair.

Driz'zt stirs. "Before you kill me, I have a question for you," he wheezes out.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus Darkblade
    The Dark elf beckons Quenthal over. On his finger is a ring, a priceless ruby adorning it. "This jewel cost me my freedom, and my soul. It seems fair that it should do the same for him." He suggests.
    He can't remove it of course, not for another three weeks, one way or another.
    He ignores Drizzt. There is nothing to say.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-04-29 at 09:33 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Pixie in the Playground

Feanor
    The elf, not expecting such a low move, shudders as a nauseous feeling explodes in his stomach and he trembles in agony.
    It's all he can do to clumsily ward of the next blows as he vaguely recovers. But when the dizzy, churning feeling fades his eyes narrow.
    If that's the way he wants it.
    Suddenly smiling, he begins a series of swipes and stabs that seem to have more in common with an elaborate form of dance then a combat technique, his body writhing and twisting, flowing from movement to movement like water around the flickering blade. While the cuts are smooth, fluid and graceful, they are predictable, and easily countered.
    This, of course, is exactly what the elflord wants. Aside from forcing the boy onto the defensive, it forces him to execute the same moves again and again to counter the form, making him equally predictable and wearing him out. No matter how strong he thinks he is, he has not the speed or the stamina to long keep pace with an elflord.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quenthel, as character, is suspicious. "And what, pray tell, makes this ring so torturous? And why give it so freely?"
    Last edited by The Tygre; 2010-04-29 at 09:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus Darkblade
    "This stone is..." His voice trails of with a slight croak, as his throat seizes up.
    Be very careful what you say, Malus. You wouldn't want her getting the wrong idea...
    "it cost me my soul." He says at last, resigned. If that knowledge were to become known to the right people in his homeland, he would become prey, fair meat for any who desired his wealth or his power. It's still hard to admit even after all this time.
    "I am possessed by a daemon. It is... complicated. Suffice to say that relieving some of the draught of bitterness I have mixed myself upon this here," he removes his foot, then stomps on Drizzt's hand, "is something that suits me."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-04-29 at 10:36 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quenthel, having failed to learn any sort of lesson, cautiously approaches Malus, never moving her gaze from his; "Very well." She swiftly snatches the ring once it is offered, expecting some horrible outburst of pain or destruction on contact.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus Darkblade
    The ring doesn't budge an the slightest, and the only way you are going to remove it is to remove his finger. There is no trap, no magical attack, and yet for a brief second you feel...
    something. A vast presence, a bottomless ocean of power, a brooding intensity of malice only comparable to communion with Lolth. And a terrible hunger, unthinking in its intensity.
    It's gone before you can absorb more, as though it had never been. Yet you doubt the possibility of imagining it.
    Malus smiles wryly. "It doesn't come off, I'm afraid. Surely that isn't too significant a problem."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eddie Riggs

"Barons! Give us some heat. Break their formations. Razors! Pick off any archers you can see. Killmaster! Hang back here with Benton and heal anyone who comes back." Eddie gives his orders before shoving Benton out of the car.

He floors the accelerator and the Druid Plow runs forward and insane speeds. Faster than anything the Varden have ever seen travel upon the ground. Once the top speed has been reached Eddie jumprs out of the driver's seat and summons forth his deamonic form and takes to the skies. The Druid Plow continues on it's way into the ranks only stopping once it has smashed into a good dozen men.

"Now this is metal."

Samurai Jack

"Good." Jack nods to the chosen and waits for them to show him the way.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

((Ah well, we can negotiate later))
    Stannis stares up at Eddie, grinding his teeth. He himself has plenty of exposure to magic, but it is the subtle science practiced by Melisandre rather then this.
    His men are terrified, and who can blame them, this is far beyond anything they had experienced.
    No discipline at all.
    Stannis rides back to his line, unsurprised to find the red priestess standing on the hill he had chosen to use to survey the battle beside his two lieutenants, holding the banner aloft. A crowned stag in a fiery heart.
    "They are few." He observes. "Elite, but few. We will have many casualties, but they will fall eventually." He says, bitter experience lending his words credence.
    His hand slides over Lightbringer for a moment, and then he stares at them. "We hold the knights in reserve. Give the archers orders to fire. And capture the flying one alive. Perhaps he can explain the working of these engines."
    Last edited by Draxx; 2010-05-01 at 07:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283

Eddie

As the troops engage, Eddie lands in the middle of his enemies' ranks and pulls out Clemitine, his ever faithful guitar. With the musical axe in hand he lets out a flace melting solo, literally. The magic from this solo generates intense heat in the faces of all enemy humanoids in a three foot radius of the guitarist, one of Eddie's favourites.

"Facemelter!"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground

The thin lne buckles, unable to hold back Eddie Riggs, and many of the soldiers backing away.
    Stannis shakes his head, then lifts a hand. "Send our central reserves to hold the center and give the man in black something to think about. Use spears, and hold ranks no matter what the cost. Kill, do not attempt to capture. Fire the artillery at their positions, but do not use the archers yet. We need to wait for them to commit."
    He looks up at their battle-line, his hard face even harder. "What are they waiting for..."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

The Battle

Stannis's forces mobilize at his words. The cannons begin raining cast-iron rounds at Eddie's troops, and the line, however weak, remains. Somewhere, the sound of strings begins to stir. Looking backwards for a second, Stannis can see the eccentric wielding a slim white baton, a full orchestra behind him.

"Play! Play as if your hearts depended on it!"

From Eddie's perspective, his army's superior weaponry easily penetrates the infantry's mail armor. What the Varden forces lacked in technology, though, they made up for in numbers, and the primitive cannons did keep things...interesting.

Even more worrying, though, was the man wielding the orchestra. Eddie's solo flickers and fades away at the sound of the overture. Classical music. Where metalheads fear to tread.

Ellcrys

"Let us proceed, then."

((putting them in "travel mode" for a while. It takes time to get to Helgrind.))

Dras-Leona

Eragon is tiring; this much can be obvious. Starting with a two handed grip on his...Feanor was loath to call it a sword, as he repeated the counters again and again, his left hand eventually slid off the hilt. Sweat drips down his brow, and his last parry was barely adequate. Then, his free hand drops to his belt, an ornately decorated strip of cloth, and his next counter is a blur of motion; Feanor is taken back.

Filled with a new energy, Eragon presses his offensive.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ha dragon, I do not fear you, for I am a higher level than you. Tiamat you are not, more like a blue dragon babe! Wait... Nevermind. I need only a single blade to slay thee!"
    With that, he sticks the Buster sword into the ground, and sheaths the WyrmHero blade. Armed only with the Zantetsuken, he begins a circling motion towards Saphira.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quenthel nags, "Very well. But realize that I will cut off your whole hand, when the need arises." The priestess takes back her whip, but doesn't order Malus' foot off Drizzt's throat as she stares into the renegade drow's eyes with a sneer, gloating, "Well, well. Here we are. The road has been a long one. It's had its twists and its turns. But now, at last, it comes back to your home.

Did you think you could escape me? Did you think that there would be no consequences of you attempting to kill me? I wouldn't put it past you, a simpleton male, too brute and stupid to understand otherwise. But I've seen things, Drizzt Do'Urden. I've seen things you wouldn't believe. I've seen gods do battle at the black fortress of Lolth. I've watched a sea of demons and arachnids eat and fuse with each other. I have seen the black void that Lolth is nothing more than an extension of, and still chose to serve her. And you? I am going to pass these things on to you.

Rest assured, Drizzt Do'Urden, I am going to kill you. I am going to end your life. But death, its gentle repose, the quiet that comes from the gleaming of the silver sea, some forgotten paradise? No. That is not for you. Not even the Demonweb is for you. I am your hell now, Drizzt Do'Urden. You are mine, and I am going to make you suffer as much as I can. You are going to watch every deed, every sin, every one of my acts and stand frozen, unable to look away. And I think I know exactly where to start. Red hair, and a dwarven brogue, yes?

Goodbye, Drizzt Do'Urden."

Quickly, stabs Drizzt's hear with one of her three legs. She grabs Malus ring-finger and Drizzt's face simultaneously. Hissing in a mix of Abyssal and she tears Drizzt's soul from him as it disconnects from his body and forces it into the ring. Some of the sheer spiritual essence of the agony from Lolth's blessing that she's still feeling is dispersed among the hex as well. She only loosens her grip when she feels the transfer complete.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Dras-Leona

Foolish Mortal. Saphira makes no hostile move against Gilgamesh; lying down, she cranes her neck to track his movements.

Queen's Hall

As always, he has to have the last word. Working through the pain, he manages to gasp them out.

"Best...of...three?"

Silence.

((ooc: Check his pockets.))

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

The dark elf waits patiently. He understands the need for petty vengence better then most, and it is clear that his newest ally has a mighty grudge.
    He only flinches a bit at the sorcery, but his mind isn't really here. Rather, it is flitting along the labarynthian passageways of his mind.
    At last he has figured out his plan of attack. The second the woman is done, he drags her from the body. "If you want to enjoy this victory, you will remain quiet and follow my lead. If you don't, we will both die, and this victory will be short lived. Do you understand?"
    Before she can so much as raise a complaint, he runs to the end of the chamber and throws the doors open, yelling "Quick! Silveresti, harken! Our valiant queen has been cut down by our enemies! The drow has killed the queen!"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-05-02 at 08:20 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Her vengeance complete, Quenthel is fading. Lolth's blessing is wearing off, and the hideous pain that defined has wracked her form. She's able to mutter through blood-rimmed eyes, "Armor... check..." She can stand, but its straining her. Her being quiet shouldn't be too much of a problem right now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

21. - Top - End - #291
    Pixie in the Playground

Stannis has as little interest in music as he has of laughter. He can manage a few bawdy verses Robert had drilled into his head when occasion forced him to endure his brothers company, and had vague snatches of a few hymns he’d gone through he motions of reciting. He also knew every word to ‘The Rains of Castamere’, which he had always liked, in message if not in deliverance.
    Still, the music seemed to be effective, so he was not one to complain.
    Instead he turns to stare at the fire barons. He waits a moment, then turns to the priestess. "My lady?"
    The Priestess smiles, and closing he eyes lets her spirit go. For a moment she watches the battlefield from above, her body standing motionless below, then descends, entering the flames. One by one, the fires begin to splutter and die.

Feanor
    The elf, suddenly changing form before Eragon has a hope of countering, twists his blade inside the guard and severs the belt, slicing through the buckle, then resumes the form as though the change in technique hadn't happened He keeps it up for a few more strikes, then changes form again.
    Rather than striking at Eragon, he abruptly begins aiming for his blade, his hands, even the hand guard as he tries to weaken the Riders grip on it, and confuse him. It goes against every offensive technique there is, you should always try to incapacitate your opponent with every strike.
    Of course, the fight was almost over.

22. - Top - End - #292

Eddie Riggs

Eddie flies off the battlefield. His forces are too small to properly win this battle, worse then that the classical music was disrupting his own magic.

He gets back to the Druid Plow and leads his men into a full retreat.

In the retreat one of the cannon balls takes out a Fire Baron and Razor Girl leaving the bike and weapon discarded on the battle field.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gilgamesh still circles her, but each time, comes closer and closer to Saphira. Then in a blink, he bursts into a sprint towards her tail, blade at ready, ducking low, and alert for any sudden movement at all.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Pixie in the Playground

Stannis sets his shoulders.
    "They are retreating. They will outpace us, and I will not tolerate a lapse in discipline at this point." He signals to a herald. "Reform ranks and draw back the knights. Our strength is in our cohesion. Order the recovery of any of our opponent’s armament we can salvage, then break ranks."
    He then turns to Orrin. "Your assistance is most appreciated. Thank you." He says, inclining his head.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Empire Border

As Eddie's forces retreat, Benton supervises their exit; cannonfire that would have eliminated some of his troops is thus narrowly avoided. The man doesn't need to raise his voice to be heard; in calm, measured tones he orders specific units to scatter or move this way or that.

"I apologize, sir, for not being of greater service."

Surda Border

Orrin nods his head. The motion reminds Stannis of an overgrown woodpecker.

"Elementary, really. A pity I wasn't able to start up with the jazz."

Dras-Leona

Saphira's head nods as she assesses Gilgamesh's progress. How very foolish of you.

The tail lifts up, and crashes back down to earth, disrupting Gilgamesh's balance. Bored now.

Eragon's form weakens; confused by Feanor's...unconventional assault, he begins losing ground. His clumsy counterattacks are easily parried; the loss of the Belt of Beloth the Wise has unnerved him.

Queen's Hall

The doors burst open, and a small army of guards come in. Where they were during the actual fight is a testement to the preparedness and efficiency of the modern elvish race. They take in the carnage, the ruin in the hall.

"What happened? Be quick about it."

It was one thing to be arrogant. It was quite another to be arrogant and inferior.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus Darkblade
    The Dark Elf creates a shocked look on his face. "My Lords, the lady here," He indicates Quenthal with a sweep of his hand, "Revealed the truth about the ranger, and she saw through his lies. The queen intended to pass judgement, and ordered us to subdue him. I regret to say I was no match for him, and he cut her down. He died laughing.”
    “It is my belief he served the great enemy. Which is why I bade the priestess here to work a great spell, and entrap his soul in a gem, where he can be questioned. It is a variation of that which our finest craftsmen once used, pouring their lives into their creations.”
    Malus sighs. “It seems impossible that any of our mighty race could fall so far.”

What are you doing Malus?
    Oh, you don’t know? Strange for an all knowing, all powerful being like yourself. Surely your wisdom can see more then little me.
    Sarcasm, Malus? No. I do not know your intentions. Why should I? Now you had best convince me. I let you stay this long because the queen was a threat to my freedom, if a small one, not out of any obligation.
    You mentioned a city before. I can’t just ride in, can I?
    You can’t wait for these primitives to mobilize, either. You have but three weeks. Do you feel the seconds passing? Do you feel yourself diminishing? I have invested too much effort in you to let you fail now.I thought I was noting to you.
    YOU ARE WHAT I SAY YOU ARE! NOTHING LESS! Take a few if you must rely on your enemies, I care not. But by tomorrow you will leave this faerie land and go South, or you and I will have another reckoning. Do you understand?

Shaidar Haran
    The Hand of the Dark One stares at him. Abruptly, he takes him and drags him to the bore, closer and closer until the very air seethes with Shai’Tan’s presence.
    “Is he worthy, master? You will need servants to pave your way.”
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Queen's Hall

Their faces grow stern.

"Then let us have the gem, and he will be punished according to our law. And we will need time to properly bury our queen, and to inform Arya of her new status."

Helgrind

Nothing. While Shai'tan's presence can be felt, it is but the merest shadow. He cannot work his will upon the Land as he did once, cannot speak to those who worship him, cannot command his creations. In this Age, Shaedar Haram is as alone as he can be.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus Darkblade
    "Try not to embarass me." Malus says, as silently as he can so that only T'Zarken hears it, then extends his hand. The ruby on it glints. "I cannot remove the ring, or he will break free of the gossamer enchantments to be lost in the void. He was unwilling, afterall, sio we used my lifeforce to anchor it in place. There was no one else to take the burden, so we did as we had to. However, I am sure any enchanter would be able to communicate with him. Exactly like reading a mind." Malus bullshits glibbly, his face revealing nothing.
    "As to notifying the princess, perhaps you should send me. It would be best she hear about this treachery herself, and asks any questions she deems important."

Shaidar Haran
    Thje Fade covers this uncertainty by staring down at the magician, as though recieving an answer. "You are not worthy. You are a nothing. But you will serve anyway."
    He smiles, and suppresses his power. "Forget your oaths to the king. I free you of them. Now you serve the Dark One. We are building an army. Soon, we will have babies. You will use your power to artificially extend their growth. You will then read the minds of the soldiers we already have, and pass on the the memories. In a short while, I expect soldiers."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quenthel is able to his through ebbing pain, "It was horrible. He kept coming at her again and again. Screaming terrible things... He didn't stop until she had been ripped to shreds. Were it not for the Goddess, I would have fallen to the same fate as well." *she coughs up some blood at this point* "A beast... he told of some terrible treasure, some monstrous artifact on him. That it could destroy everything. Hidden in his terrible armor. I did everything I could. I could not save her. Her fate was sealed the moment he lay eyes on her. She is where she belongs, now. A better place."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus
    While he admires her for catching on so quickly, its this sort of melodrama that does a cause more harm then good. Just the same, he integrates it into his plan.
    "This is not a simple vengeance killing. Their is some other agency at work here..." He says, leaving it to them complete the thought.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.