New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Eragon the Lynching II: The First Age

Quenthel turns to the charging Jack. The elves are already directed elsewhere, and pulling them away would be foolhardy. Her best hope is that some of the battalion will aid her in time. For now, Quenthel performs another spell; summoning a single monster is out of the question. She has seen the samurai; he could cut through a bebilith or even a nalfeshnee with ease. Instead, Quenthel falls to familiar tactics. "Suffer, n'nehrur!" the priestess screams, as she summons a swarm of venomous spiders, directing them at the warrior.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Samurai Jack

There is little Jack can do about the oncoming swarm of spiders. A sword is not a very good weapon for dealing with hundreds of little creatures. Jack is swiftly overwhelmed and covered in spiders. It does not stop his charge though.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

At this point, Gilgamesh's four other arms emerge, and he is now carrying six blades: Buster Sword, Gunblade, Zantetsuken, Orichalcum, Tournesol, and Wyrmhero. He yells out in a booming and imposing voice, "I am normally not one who kills, but by Odin's beard, should any of you attack, you will be chopped apart like you were wood and I were an outdoorsman with an axe, and winter was approaching."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus
    The Dark elf leaps at Gilgamesh, so fast he's a dark blur. The six arms and swords had a chance of making him a whirling devirish of destruction. So by darting into their range he will rob his strikes of their power, and they will be a weakness like any other. In addition, they'll get in each others way, as there is only so much space they can occupy.
    Wrapping his arms around the warrior, with incredible strength he begins to crush, and his teeth go for Gilgamesh's throat like a wild animal.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gilgamesh decides to use his head, literally, and headbuts the attacker trying to bite and crush him, while wearing his Genji helm. Ouch.
    Also, he attempts to bash the dark elf with the hilts of the blades.
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2010-06-24 at 05:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quenthel panics for a moment, but urges herself on through the fear. The spiders are definitely on Jack's legs, but they're not slowing him down. Thinking quick, Quenthel focuses on three of the spiders. She forces the divine energy of Lolth into them, increasing the vermin's size. The arachnids seem to crack out of their shells endlessly, until each is big enough to hold a horse in their mandibles. It's a risky move, and the giant spiders are unlikely to survive. But the beasts serve as a distraction, not an end. Quenthel yells at the subservient vermin "Attack!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

7. - Top - End - #457

Samurai Jack

Jack falls under the weight of the spiders. His sword rises to the occasion though, as Jack drives at the head of one of the siders and rolls away from the other two. "Your cowardly tricks will not save you."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

((Waiting for Draxx to post. Everybody else, continue fighting.))

Eddie Riggs

"Caedmon, sir."

The remaining auditions move smoothly. In a short period of time, the bus is loaded, the newcomers looking nervous and excited, Benton looking attentive, and Riggs himself itching for the chance to bring concerts to the medieval era. It was time to ride out.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus
    The Darkelf ignores the blows. They are immaterial to him. Oh, they hurt, but nothing he isn't prepared to endure. And nothing to what he endures every day in the daemon's thrall. For example, a week ago he noticed his heart had stopped beating. What's worse, he has no idea when that happened. He hadn't even noticed. He spends his life walking a twilight, the daemon stealing the vigour from him, and reducing him to the empty husk of a being he is now, and every instant endures agony as the daemon roils in his breast.
    He's been ripped limb from limb, shot, stabbed, tortured, frozen, burned, had his soul tortured, enslaved, beaten, crushed, and worse, but nothing has ever broken or tamed Malus Darkblade, and he's willing to do anything for victory. Which is why Tz'Arken chose him in the first place.
    His smashed face grinning through a broken nose and bloody eye, and continues to exert pressure like a vice until Gilgamesh's armor bends out of shape and is unable to draw air into his lungs. With a heave of his narrow shoulders, muscles straining beyond what the human mind could coerce it's body into doing, he tosses Gilgamesh aside, the daemons vigor empowering him, and leaps at Feanor like a wild animal.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #460

Eddie Riggs

Eddie looks over his army on the bus and nods approvingly.

"Alright I'm going to be honest with you guys. Some of you might not live to see the end of this battle, the enemy is powerful, relentless and more than a little sadistic. The power of metal is not as strong here as it is in Bladehenge but it is more than enough to wipe the floor those Varden and even if we die we will do what few others have ever gotten a chance to do. We will die in a blaze of metal glory so powerful that all will be held in awe and be inspired by our example to bring the end of these insane rebels once and for all. We fight today for the Empire, it's King, it's people and the Glory of it's metal!"

With that Eddie signals for Benton to join him outside on the Driud Plow. Once everyone is ready to drive he goes forth onward to battle.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Pixie in the Playground

Feanor
    The king of the Noldor unbinds his hair to a black mane, and his eyes sparkle with delight. "At last..." He says to the charging elf, before attempting to slice of his out-flung arm with a two handed blow from his sword. He left his shield tied to the pommel of his saddle, and his horse has faded, so he sees no reason not to use his blade two handed.

Stannis
    "War is easy." He replies, still not looking up. "It's the rest that's hard. A gifted child can win battles, I've seen it done. But he can't rule, or survive in this hard world. It's not stregnth of arms that finally wins." He realizes he's musing aloud. "But what does it matter. We can worry about that after I win this war for you."
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quenthel ignores the jive. She uses a magic inherent to all of drow blood, and wraps an orb of magical shadows around Jack's head.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

13. - Top - End - #463

Samurai Jack

Jack slashes another spider in twine, only to be ensared in the shadow orb. A normal warrior would be crippled by this but Jack knows to fight without his eyes. He stands sliently waiting for the Priestess or her spider to make a move.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2010-07-01 at 02:09 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground

In desperation, Gilgamesh grabs Zantetsuken, and uses it to slice open his Genji armor. If that doesn't work, well, he could just unequip it, but then, thatwould be kind of pretentious.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Wordlessly, Quenthel uses the magic of her Cloak of Arachnida to wrap the blinded Jack in spider webs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

16. - Top - End - #466

Samurai Jack

Since the drow was smart enough to do so wordlessly Jack is unable to react in time and is quickly ensared within magic spider webs. Unable to move he falls right to the ground.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

The Clash

Gilgamesh's armor is pierced and bent in multiple places. It takes him a great deal of effort to move his sword to slice through his armor.

The Seige

Three days later, the battle lines are drawn. Half a mile away from the city walls, the Varden make camp, prepare for the battle ahead. Inside the walls, the final touches are put on the large, makeshift stage Eddie ordered to be constructed.

"Thank the gods I have no musical talent, sir. Otherwise I would be on that monstrosity."

It wasn't nearly as bad as Benton made it sound. The floor was a tad uneven in some places, and the occasional nail jutted from the boards, but it was perfectly serviceable. It smelled of wood glue and sawdust, and there were no stage lights, but still. Eddie had seen worse places for a gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #468

Eddie Riggs

"You're not getting away that easily Benton." Eddie laughs. "I want you on the upper levels with the Razor Girls and the Crossbowmen. Sight their targets, dragons, mages, anything potentially magic enough to screw us over in the end game."

With those orders issues the men all take their places. The band begins to play it's first song.

The Headbangers and pikemen set up a deffensive wall of sharp spikes and relentless skull banging in the mostpit area in front of the stage. The Killmaster sits in the middle of the pit gently struming to heal any injuries the infantry might have inflicted upon them.

The crossbowmen and Razor Girls lines the upper levels of the stage where Eddie would have perfered to have set up some lights. There weapons loaded and aimed for the incoming army.

The meger Calvary and Fire Barons stand ready to ride out from behind the stage at a moment's notice to breaking enemy lines and herding them into the Moshpit.

Eddie sits in the Druid Plow in front of the pit, feeling slightly naked without his guitar but he knows it will better serve the battle in the hands of a full band. He revs his motor beconing the incoming army to make the first move.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus
    The Dark elf's armor is magical, forged by one of the finest smiths in Karond Kar.
    So it should slow down Feanor's blade, at least enough to let him get close. Malus is feral, a wild animal, but he's also very dangerous. Strong, fast, and able to heal easily. And he's brutal.
    Pale, clawlike hands seek out his throat, as he tries to tear Feanor apart.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Pixie in the Playground

Feanor
    The elflord flows aside, leaving Malus to stumble after him, and lashes out with his sword again, carving through the metal of the gorget and the skin of his throat, blood spraying with it. It's not deep enough to be fatal.
    He doesn't care.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gilgamesh may seem like a silly and foolish individual, however, he wasn't made ExDeath's second-in-command for nothing. He is able to slice through much of the armor, before he finally tears it off with great effort by use of six arms. He takes many deep breaths and then gets up. He takes the Zantetsuken and slowly walks towards the elvish forces, shouting, "Run, run as fast and far away as you can, for I will be the Tempest that sinks the ships that are your lives."

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quenthel takes no chances. She prays to Lolth as the mother around her, as the mistress of the earth who provides for the drow. She shapes the earth around Jack into a clamp around his arms and shoulders, binding him to the ground.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus staggers back a step, clutching for his throat, as the blow nearly shears his neck, so fast his blade resembles a sheet of metal. It occurs to him he is seriously overmatched.
    He attacks again anyway. If he is killed, so much the better. He was not looking forward to an eternity of torture, outerdark take him, but at least it will all be over.
    Stepping in close, he reduces the bower of the blade. As he already proved with Gilgamesh, if you reduce the space sufficiently the blade is a hindrance, not a weapon. And with no weapon of his own, bar the warpsword that was far out of reach, he has no real choice.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.